The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #126
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #127
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
He def. has a good arm, but he regressed as a passer. I never thought he had the mental aptitute for the game either.
You may be right about that. I'm personally waiting to pass final judgment on the guy until after he gets some proper coaching and development in a system for a few years. When I look at the instability and absolute awkwardness surrounding Tebow's career so far I'm puzzled why anyone would expect the guy to thrive as a passer, especially given his spread option background.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #128
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #129
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

The biggest negative about Tim Tebow is he can't read defenses and has trouble mastering his play book.

I only heard this recently maybe that has been common knowledge but didn't hear about it until now.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #130
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
The biggest negative about Tim Tebow is he can't read defenses and has trouble mastering his play book.

I only heard this recently maybe that has been common knowledge but didn't hear about it until now.
This means you fail for not reading his book. Unacceptable.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #131
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Sup b****?
I'd honestly assume that wasn't a serious post if I didn't know you were dumber than a flaming bag of ****.

Yes some of those greats made the TE position more popular, but just because other people have also made the position more popular certainly doesn't mean someone didn't make it even more popular. These things are not mutually exclusive.

In 2011 when moderately healthy, they produced over 2,200 yards from the TE position.

To put that in perspective (and piggy backing off your citing Tony Gonzalez as an example), the Falcons produced less than 1,000. In fact, the Patriots #2 TE outproduced Tony, ceteris paribus.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:18 PM   #132
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Good.

We all know he can't move the ball consistently unless it's zero coverage or a street ball situation.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #133
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I'd honestly assume that wasn't a serious post if I didn't know you were dumber than a flaming bag of ****.

Yes some of those greats made the TE position more popular, but just because other people have also made the position more popular certainly doesn't mean someone didn't make it even more popular. These things are not mutually exclusive.

In 2011 when moderately healthy, they produced over 2,200 yards from the TE position.

To put that in perspective (and piggy backing off your citing Tony Gonzalez as an example), the Falcons produced less than 1,000. In fact, the Patriots #2 TE outproduced Tony, ceteris paribus.
the point which eludes you (like always) is that Bill isn't the first coach to think that the TE could be a huge weapon in the passing game.....and those players I posted practically revolutionized the position. Keep in mind that Ozzie Newsome and Jackie Smith are part of those who popularized the position too.

Having a beast for a TE that can block catch and run has been something all teams look to draft and sign...it's not something that Bill and the Pats came up with....or made popular.

Last edited by errand; 06-10-2013 at 06:36 PM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #134
Bmore Manning

Peyton Manning and the Colts were the trend setters with two tight end sets. Although they kind of just reinvented the wheel, as two tight end sets didnt start in the early twenty first century. Sure New England has a much better duo, but Billab**** didn't invent nor reinvent the wheel.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #135
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
January 2014.

Denver, CO.

The AFC Championship.

Von Miller breaks into the backfield in the 1st quarter, leaving Brady crumpled on the Mile High turf, holding his ankle.

A prophetic dread ripples though the stadium. A figure on the sideline sheds his coat and begins to warm up.

#TebowTime
Tebow takes the snap and throws a duck in the direction of Amendola and it is picked and returned for 6 by Rahim Moore
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #136
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

"Former Heisman Trophy winner and Carolina Panthers quarterback Chris Weinke spent the past month tweaking Tim Tebow's mechanics and is convinced Tebow 2.0, released in April after a failed one-year tenure with the New York Jets, doesn't have to change positions to stick with the New England Patriots.

"Do I think he can play the quarterback position in the NFL? Yeah, no question,'' Weinke told USA TODAY Sports Monday. "Like I told Tim when I found out (Monday) that he signed, 'You're locked and loaded, ready to go.'''

Weinke and fellow former NFL quarterback Vinny Testaverde noticed a major flaw in the way Tebow's feet were aligned, which was undercutting his accuracy and slowing his release.

"I made an adjustment to his lower half and invariably that's where the quickness came from,'' said Weinke, the former Heisman Trophy winner. "What I saw was, when his feet were in good position, he was throwing the ball with great accuracy, great velocity. And the ball was coming out much quicker.

"I know he's excited to get up there to New England.''

Weinke said Tebow would spend four to five hours each day at the IMG Academy, throwing and lifting, and if there was anything Weinke had to make sure of, it was that Tebow didn't overwork.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ademy/2410185/
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #137
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
"Former Heisman Trophy winner and Carolina Panthers quarterback Chris Weinke spent the past month tweaking Tim Tebow's mechanics and is convinced Tebow 2.0, released in April after a failed one-year tenure with the New York Jets, doesn't have to change positions to stick with the New England Patriots.

"Do I think he can play the quarterback position in the NFL? Yeah, no question,'' Weinke told USA TODAY Sports Monday. "Like I told Tim when I found out (Monday) that he signed, 'You're locked and loaded, ready to go.'''

Weinke and fellow former NFL quarterback Vinny Testaverde noticed a major flaw in the way Tebow's feet were aligned, which was undercutting his accuracy and slowing his release.

"I made an adjustment to his lower half and invariably that's where the quickness came from,'' said Weinke, the former Heisman Trophy winner. "What I saw was, when his feet were in good position, he was throwing the ball with great accuracy, great velocity. And the ball was coming out much quicker.

Weinke said Tebow would spend four to five hours each day at the IMG Academy, throwing and lifting, and if there was anything Weinke had to make sure of, it was that Tebow didn't overwork.

It really makes you wonder if he's been getting any real coaching the past couple years...
Old 06-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #138
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

It's the same story every year with this guy.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #139
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
It really makes you wonder if he's been getting any real coaching the past couple years...
There's no wondering about it -- he has not.

One of the only (somewhat) valid criticisms I have heard from his haters at this level is that he should be able to play at this level without coaching, without improving his mechanics. Maybe so. But there should never have been any doubt he's been through the opposite of an ideal situation from a coaching and development standpoint.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #140
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post

That's what happens when you renounce your fandom...You tend to fall out of the loop.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #141
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
How long before the Teboners call for him to start?
Hell if it gets Brady out of the game and Timmy in it I will send in a couple C notes to get a "Start Tebow" Billboard!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #142
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Peyton Manning and the Colts were the trend setters with two tight end sets. Although they kind of just reinvented the wheel, as two tight end sets didnt start in the early twenty first century. Sure New England has a much better duo, but Billab**** didn't invent nor reinvent the wheel.
Belly is just using the best players on his team, nothing wrong with that, if you have 2 above avg to great TE's then throw it to them. It also helps that they have one legit WR and a bunch of other guys.

Belly knows he is in the **** when Brady retires, he probably went to the Cici Pizza buffet for lunch and came back to mCd who told him he just signed Timmy.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #143
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

McDaniels obviously has some plan as how to use him, so this will be interesting. I hate McD, but he's definitely an innovative coach.

I see him switch part time to fullback, so he can line up in the backfield and occasionally carry the ball, with the some trick options plays thrown in. I hate the Pats, but I love Tim...will be fun to watch.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #144
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
There's no wondering about it -- he has not.

One of the only (somewhat) valid criticisms I have heard from his haters at this level is that he should be able to play at this level without coaching, without improving his mechanics. Maybe so. But there should never have been any doubt he's been through the opposite of an ideal situation from a coaching and development standpoint.
Aside from the summer he spend with Trestman, and the summer he spend with Mcdouchebag, and the summer he spend with Gase. Despite several earnest attempts by people who have otherwise been successful in working with quarterbacks, Tebow has never been able to change his god awful mechanics, nor has he been able to throw even a half decent spiral or hit a WR consistently in practice without any defenders.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #145
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
McDaniels obviously has some plan as how to use him, so this will be interesting. I hate McD, but he's definitely an innovative coach.

I see him switch part time to fullback, so he can line up in the backfield and occasionally carry the ball, with the some trick options plays thrown in. I hate the Pats, but I love Tim...will be fun to watch.
His innovation is limited to doing what Belly tells him to do.

It didn't help him with us or the Rams much did it. He spent 18 months with us, less than a calendar year in St Louis then made it back to NE in time to help them choke another SB.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #146
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Aside from the summer he spend with Trestman, and the summer he spend with Mcdouchebag, and the summer he spend with Gase. Despite several earnest attempts by people who have otherwise been successful in working with quarterbacks, Tebow has never been able to change his god awful mechanics, nor has he been able to throw even a half decent spiral or hit a WR consistently in practice without any defenders.
Plus late not forget the reports from TC where TT runs on 7-7 drills.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #147
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
the point which eludes you (like always) is that Bill isn't the first coach to think that the TE could be a huge weapon in the passing game.....and those players I posted practically revolutionized the position. Keep in mind that Ozzie Newsome and Jackie Smith are part of those who popularized the position too.

Having a beast for a TE that can block catch and run has been something all teams look to draft and sign...it's not something that Bill and the Pats came up with....or made popular.
No. Just no.

Maybe take some remedial classes and revisit that last post until you reach a 6th grade education level and can understand it.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:15 PM   #148
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
If you ask me, that's part of what's derailed Tebow's development. The dude was an exceptional passer at the college level, and then all these NFL guys decide to change everything about the way he throws. Too bad Jim Harbaugh (a guy I think it's safe to say is smarter than any of the guys who have coached Tebow) didn't end up being in charge of his development:

"I look at Tim Tebow's throwing motion and it doesn't look that much different than Steve Young's, if you put them next to each other," said Harbaugh. "Steve Young would drop the ball when he threw it. And he's a Hall of Fame quarterback. To me it's more important to be natural than it is to shave a tenth of a second off the time it takes to get rid of the ball."
Old 06-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #149
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
That's what happens when you renounce your fandom...You tend to fall out of the loop.
Where have you been?
Old 06-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #150
ChrisToker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
This is clearly a play to learn the ins and outs of the Jets playbook.
lol if he can't even retain it from sideline to huddle then i highly doubt Patsys will get any real insights from him