The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #76
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
That TE angle got debunked rather quickly. It appears it was wishful thinking on the part of some.
This is the thing with Tebow. The media just makes **** up about the guy half the time. It's bizarre. I mean the guy that supposedly "hated" him as a player a few weeks ago just signed him, and now he's making a position change even though he's been pretty adamantly opposed to doing so in the past. Until Belichick or Tebow say something along such lines I"m just going to assume these media guys are simply trying to get hits on their blog rather than actually reporting.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #77
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Tebow would be the 5th TE behind all of them that they have there.
That's kind of my point. You don't sign Tebow (and bring in all the media craziness that comes with him) to be your 5th TE.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #78
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
That's kind of my point. You don't sign Tebow (and bring in all the media craziness that come with him) to be your 5th TE.
You sign him to cash in on teblowers who will run out and buy his jersey. It is brilliant. Bowlen could support his drinking habit if he wasn't already run his course here in Denver.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #79
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Tebow's new position = ATH
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #80
huh??
Back in the 5280!

...pretty good at lurking.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
jersey sales fall under revenue sharing. kraft won't see an increase in revenue
If not on jerseys, what about licensed T-shirts?

Edit: I'm on a phone and can't get the image to show, but you know the T-shirts with the player's name and number on the back?
huh?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #81
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboiler120 View Post
Tebow still has our locker room combination. He and mcdaniels make a belushi-esque animal house night raid and install camcorders in our facility.

Spygate rolls on with tebow.
Prediction: Bellichick and McD try it, but Tebow feels uncomfortable and rats them out.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #82
Jay3

Quote:
This is the thing with Tebow. The media just makes **** up about the guy half the time. It's bizarre. I mean the guy that supposedly "hated" him as a player a few weeks ago just signed him, and now he's making a position change even though he's been pretty adamantly opposed to doing so in the past. Until Belichick or Tebow say something along such lines I"m just going to assume these media guys are simply trying to get hits on their blog rather than actually reporting.
The team was asked for follow up on this as soon as "Twitter" said it -- the responded that he would be a QB, and they were not looking at a position change.

I'm sure they might run some junk or something.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #83
IdahoBronco7

They're signing him just to slap Denver in the face. Obviously they think they'll meet us in the AFC Championship. He'd make a good fullback.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #84
yerner
Ring of Famer

mcdaniel's ego is unreal.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #85
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

Herlocker ABatar MOJO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
Like he had the final call tho.

Bill's ego is unreal would have been more accurate.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #86
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Watch Bill develop him into the heir to the throne :/
Bill is a defensive coach, he won't be developing any QB.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #87
Drunken.Broncoholic

He's gotta secure a roster spot in preseason/camp before anything. Whether its QB TE or some new invented position by McD
Old 06-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #88
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBronco7 View Post
They're signing him just to slap Denver in the face. Obviously they think they'll meet us in the AFC Championship. He'd make a good fullback.

I love how it's a conspiracy against us, not the arch rival Jets, not for money reasons or for his abilities. It's all about ****ing over the Broncos. Even with Tim off the team for a year, he's still the center of all conspiracies surrounding the Denver Broncos.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #89
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

McDaniels burning a first rounder on that turd kisser was a cardinal sin.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #90
IdahoBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
Well, they don't have a cute smiley face for it...but I give a big thumbs up for that comment.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #91
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
He isn't being brought in as a TE. Reports claim that he will get some looks at TE along with other roles, but there is no chance Belichick is bothering with Tebow purely so he can play backup TE.
Alright, well, the rest of my post still stands. I'm not sure why anyone would bother with "developing him as a passer"
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #92
IdahoBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post

I love how it's a conspiracy against us, not the arch rival Jets, not for money reasons or for his abilities. It's all about ****ing over the Broncos. Even with Tim off the team for a year, he's still the center of all conspiracies surrounding the Denver Broncos.
I'm glad you liked my post.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #93
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
The team was asked for follow up on this as soon as "Twitter" said it -- the responded that he would be a QB, and they were not looking at a position change.

I'm sure they might run some junk or something.
I dont know why they'd wanna run anything that doesn't involve TB behind center. Unless it was like goal line stuff, which Tim is very good at. But if I'm Tom Brady, i dont wanna come off the field.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #94
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Belichick is already one of the winningest coaches ever. Now he wants to be even more. He wants to be the next Bill Walsh and reinvent ****.

He already made the TE position far more popular. I can see him trying to make Tebow work just to give the finger to the rest of the NFL.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #95
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Not necessarily red zone offense. We're talking about 3-5 plays per game if that. Who's to say you're taking Gronk or Hernandez for that matter out? Who's to even say that Tom Brady necessarily has to come out? The idea would be to create defensive confusion and look for constraint and match-up opportunities by taking advantage of Tebow's mobility.
They were the #1 scoring offense in the NFL last year. Tebow is not going to make them any better unless they move him to safety.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #96
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

This is going to be fun to watch play out.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #97
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
They were the #1 scoring offense in the NFL last year. Tebow is not going to make them any better unless they move him to safety.
It's just ego. This is what people with huge egos do. Someone says something is impossible, they want to prove everyone wrong.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #98
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Belichick is already one of the winningest coaches ever. Now he wants to be even more. He wants to be the next Bill Walsh and reinvent ****.

He already made the TE position far more popular. I can see him trying to make Tebow work just to give the finger to the rest of the NFL.
Bill Belichick has very, very little to do with the offense. A lot of their offensive philosophy comes from college HC's and coordinators.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #99
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound

I dont know how they will use Teebs over in Patsy land, but I do know the way the J-e-t-s used them was a recipe for Fail. I dont know how many times they brought in TT on 2nd and long for him to run off guard for 1 yard gain, then jog off the field. Then Sancho comes in on 3rd and long and gets his lunch handed to him. All McD has to do is not repeat what jets did, and try making TE out of him, or some trick plays the B-cheat loves.
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #100
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Alright, well, the rest of my post still stands. I'm not sure why anyone would bother with "developing him as a passer"
Because they have a bit more vision, and understand that a spread option QB is rarely going to thrive in three different offensive systems in the first three years of his career? And it's not like it costs them anything substantial to try.

Last edited by Agamemnon; 06-10-2013 at 05:00 PM..