The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #51
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Is there a more dysfunctional team than the jets? Seriously, they have nada at QB and they couldn't even figure out a way to use TT in redzone situations. Screw that franchise, they deserve to lose IMHO.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #52
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Macgruder already on the Pats message boards calling Brady a worthless system QB and calling for Belichick to be replaced by Urban Meyer.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #53
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Macgruder already on the Pats message boards calling Brady a worthless system QB and calling for Belichick to be replaced by Urban Meyer.
I'm sure he will visit us here for his Swan Song posts lol.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #54
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Anyway,TT isn't unseating Brady,Hernandez, or gronk. This may be a friendly jesture to give TT a chance to create some tape of him playing TE for other teams to see
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #55
Drunken.Broncoholic

Maybe they just want a TE that doesn't party himself into multiple surgeries.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #56
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
The Pats run a ton bubble screens. Imagine lining him up as a WR and being set up for screens?

A DB trying to tackle Tebow is a joke, let alone just one.
That will be easy, he can't throw the ball and he can't catch the ball so you only have to cover 4 players.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #57
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
I see Tebow switching positions which is what the NFL has been telling Timmy Try Hard forever. IMO, He will not be a QB
I'd maybe thing that was possible, but for all teams for Tim Tebow to try his hand at Tight End? I guess you could say the same at QB. But I always believed that switching to a completely new position based only on athleticism alone was going to be a tough road at the NFL level.

But then factor in doing that on the team with the best TE tandem in the league? Something doesn't add up.

The only sense in which the Pats make sense is Bill will happily tell the media to suck it. Might even enjoy doing so.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #58
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Tebowners are already setting up camp at the Pat forums. Patiently waiting for Brady's first interception, and then the circus will commence...
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #59
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
How long before the Teboners call for him to start?
I think we got the worst of the Tebowners but god I hope that circus resurrects itself in NE
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #60
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Good for him.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #61
Que
Gettin' some

Just the tip

Thank you lords of football. This circus never gets old - except when it is in Denver.
Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #62
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Nice spot for Tebow to land. Would love to wish him the best.... but since I hate the Pats, I won't.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #63
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Doesn't surprise me at all. Belichick/McDaniels have both expressed interest in Tebow in the past (the latter drafting him, obviously). Everyone saying he'll move to TE (where the Patriots are most stacked) or fullback (Patriots use a fullback?) are clearly just drinking the haterade. There isn't much of a backup situation in New England and Tom Brady is getting up there in age. This is almost certainly about Ryan Mallet who was rumored to be on the trading block this off-season.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #64
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I bet Belichick did this as proof that the press shouldn't put words in his mouth! I honestly have no clue why they'd want him. Why would you ever take Tom Brady off the field?

If Tebow was a Bronco, would you ever want him on the field for "a change of pace?"
Perhaps they think he can be developed as a passer? For some reason when it comes to Tebow, people always seem to forget that spread option QBs need a lot of work to adjust to the NFL. Cam Newton's (inconsistent) success is the only exception to this and the Panthers installed an offense tailored for him from day one.

Reports were pretty consistent that Belichick liked Tebow back in the draft, and really McD probably drafted Tebow based on his old boss' opinion of the guy (most of McD's "opinions" are derived from Belichick as far as I can tell). Why would three seasons of constantly changing coaches, schemes, and teams, suddenly convince Belichick and McD that what they liked about the kid coming out of college isn't still there?
Old 06-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #65
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Tebowners are already setting up camp at the Pat forums. Patiently waiting for Brady's first interception, and then the circus will commence...
There won't be any circus. There will be some MacGruder-type nutjobs arguing for one of the greatest QBs in history to be benched for a developmental QB, but they will be nothing but a tiny minority that the rest of the fanbase will tell to "**** off" in Boston accents.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #66
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
Doesn't surprise me at all. Belichick/McDaniels have both expressed interest in Tebow in the past (the latter drafting him, obviously). Everyone saying he'll move to TE (where the Patriots are most stacked) or fullback (Patriots use a fullback?) are clearly just drinking the haterade. There isn't much of a backup situation in New England and Tom Brady is getting up there in age. This is almost certainly about Ryan Mallet who was rumored to be on the trading block this off-season.
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you on that. TT is switching positions.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #67
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

This is clearly a play to learn the ins and outs of the Jets playbook.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #68
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
I think we got the worst of the Tebowners but god I hope that circus resurrects itself in NE
I don't think it's as big a deal with an established starter. He's never been a situation where the starter ahead of him didn't make you want to claw out your eyes.

It ignites everyone -- average people want to see what Tebow could do, and Tebow haters feel more enraged because they're being forced onto the side of someone like Sanchez or Orton.

With Brady it will be easy-peesy.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #69
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Perhaps they think he can be developed as a passer? For some reason when it comes to Tebow, people always seem to forget that spread option QBs need a lot of work to adjust to the NFL. Cam Newton's (inconsistent) success is the only exception to this and the Panthers installed an offense tailored for him from day one.

Reports were pretty consistent that Belichick liked Tebow back in the draft, and really McD probably drafted Tebow based on his old boss' opinion of the guy (most of McD's "opinions" are derived from Belichick as far as I can tell). Why would three seasons of constantly changing coaches, schemes, and teams, suddenly convince Belichick and McD that what they liked about the kid coming out of college isn't still there?
They are bringing him in as a TE, so i guess not. As far as "developing a passer," it seems his learning curve is quite steeper than most QB's. Not to mention, he regressed in his time since college.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #70
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
This is clearly a play to learn the ins and outs of the Jets playbook.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #71
Jay3

Quote:
They are bringing him in as a TE, so i guess not. As far as "developing a passer," it seems his learning curve is quite steeper than most QB's. Not to mention, he regressed in his time since college.
That TE angle got debunked rather quickly. It appears it was wishful thinking on the part of some.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #72
jerseyboiler120

Tebow still has our locker room combination. He and mcdaniels make a belushi-esque animal house night raid and install camcorders in our facility.

Spygate rolls on with tebow.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #73
Agamemnon

Quote:
He isn't being brought in as a TE. Reports claim that he will get some looks at TE along with other roles, but there is no chance Belichick is bothering with Tebow purely so he can play backup TE.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #74
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
He isn't being brought in as a TE. Reports claim that he will get some looks at TE along with other roles, but there is no chance Belichick is bothering with Tebow purely so he can play backup TE.
Tebow would be the 5th TE behind all of them that they have there.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #75
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Good for Tebow .
If you dislike that kid you are most likely a moron.

Still think we should have kept him , much like the Pats. With Brady there is no way Tebow would have taken the job from Manning so there's not much drama.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote