The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2013, 05:55 AM   #676
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
90,000,000 is a really big number.
I'd say enough to upgrade a decent defense into a great one.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:04 AM   #677
Shananahan

Who would you have signed?
Old 08-12-2013, 06:33 AM   #678
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Wrong. I guess all those who wanted Elways head were just MacGruder.

Just curious, but without looking it up, tell us who all these people are/were. List their names. I know errand probably has it bookmarked. I just don't remember it being more than 2 maybe 3.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:10 AM   #679
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

oabb=troll.

Got it.
Eldorado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #680
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
oabb=troll.

Got it.
Troll would imply I do it just to upset people randomly. I do it to upset morons for Jesus.

Totes different.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #681
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Who would you have signed?
I can't remember last weekend let alone two years ago. I'm not much of a free agent guy... I just get my info here in meltdown threads. But we were weak on middle linebacker and safety. I'm sure 90 mil could have gotten that shored up.

I'm a draft guy. I prefer my team home grown as much as possible. 2 high round running backs? Brock? That's three spots there to shore it up as well.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:07 AM   #682
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

I find it funny that *some* people who were so gung-ho about keeping Kyle Orton starting QB over Tebow now blast people who were wrong about something/anything else. Meh, if you don't think you've ever been wrong, or will be wrong in your life (even just about football) maybe you should seek some help.

Last edited by ColoradoDarin; 08-12-2013 at 08:08 AM.. Reason: PS - we'll see if any dog barks.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:07 AM   #683
Shananahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
I can't remember last weekend let alone two years ago. I'm not much of a free agent guy... I just get my info here in meltdown threads. But we were weak on middle linebacker and safety. I'm sure 90 mil could have gotten that shored up.

I'm a draft guy. I prefer my team home grown as much as possible. 2 high round running backs? Brock? That's three spots there to shore it up as well.
So you're advocating the saving of free agent money by not signing one of the very best quarterbacks in the history of the game in order to spend it on draft picks you can't even come up with names for while claiming to have won an argument in which you've provided nothing but vague suggestions and idealistic proposals.

Gotcha.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:14 AM   #684
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboiler120 View Post
Ok I found it. So, drukenbroncoholic, you say there are no posts sticking it to Christians?
It was a joke. See the smiley face? Dumbass.

BTW, I'm "anti-American?" That's pretty vicious, don't ya think?

Last edited by Rohirrim; 08-12-2013 at 08:35 AM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:25 AM   #685
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I guess I'm the only one who watched the last three regular games of the 2011 season. You know, the ones where Teebs went a combined 30 for 73 in passing and we lost by a combined 48 points? Teebs went 6 for 22 against the Chiefs in that final game. What was Elway thinking going after Manning?
Old 08-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #686
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I guess I'm the only one who watched the last three regular games of the 2011 season. You know, the ones where Teebs went a combined 30 for 73 in passing and we lost by a combined 48 points? Teebs went 6 for 22 against the Chiefs in that final game. What was Elway thinking going after Manning?
I was at the first game you're complaining about. To anyone who really watched, it doesn't fit your narrative. At all.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:18 AM   #687
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I was at the first game you're complaining about. To anyone who really watched, it doesn't fit your narrative. At all.
Did you have a point? 3 good drives to start the game against the Pats and Elway wasnt justified to go get PFM??

You should take a page from Agenemnon's book here.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #688
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
just stop.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #689
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
I didn't post a narrative. I posted the numbers. I'll leave the "narrative" up to you.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:37 AM   #690
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I didn't post a narrative. I posted the numbers. I'll leave the "narrative" up to you.
The narrative is a kid with little experience had two awful games. Preceded by a decent one and followed by an epic one.

Erratic yes. But that's often the name of the game with young QBs.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #691
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Troll would imply I do it just to upset people randomly. I do it to upset morons for Jesus.

Totes different.
You're the only one looking stupid here, dude.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #692
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
oops. I stand corrected.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #693
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
So you're advocating the saving of free agent money by not signing one of the very best quarterbacks in the history of the game in order to spend it on draft picks you can't even come up with names for while claiming to have won an argument in which you've provided nothing but vague suggestions and idealistic proposals.

Gotcha.
I won the argument (which was "hold off on proclaiming anything at this point ") in epic fashion when I used a little known thing called....

Ready?

.....facts.

Then I trolled all the idiots who tried to revise that post and attack me because, hey if you beat em and they are too retarded to notice, might as well have some fun watching them dance.

Then you asked me a legit question and I answered. So that is a separate discussion.

I am not an armchair gm. I like elway and I love Peyton manning. I was for the signing you dip****. I didn't like the price. But it's not my checkbook. I didn't like trading away a promising first round draft pick qb for drafting another.

So once again, reread my first post, watch the ass whooping and then read my responses.

Then we will talk

Last edited by OABB; 08-12-2013 at 09:57 AM..
Old 08-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #694
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
You're the only one looking stupid here, dude.
Totally! I mean that dumb part where I mentioned elway paid 90 million to not win a playoff game. Where do I come up with this stupid ****?!?!?

Oh that's right.... EARTH.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #695
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Totally! I mean that dumb part where I mentioned elway paid 90 million to not win a playoff game. Where do I come up with this stupid ****?!?!?

Technically, he hasn't paid him 90 million yet. But who's counting anyway?
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #696
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:

I have no idea where you come up with that stupid ****.

1. They don't owe him 90 mil. They can cut him at the end of the year if he gets hurt. They even have insurance out on his contract. Terrible argument. No reality based facts and an intended manipulative distortion. Epic fail.

2. Nobody thinks its more important to have a great D than a great QB. It's not even worth the 10 minutes it would take to pull together the stats to shut that one down. It's tribal knowledge at this point that great QB>great D. Not as epic as above, but a pretty bad fail. I mean, just stupid ****.

In short, you're dumb and I win.

How ya like my pimp hand, b****?

Old 08-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #697
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

I didnt know Elway paid Manning 90 million for the 2012 season.

Keep punching your keyboard Mongo. We want to see more chunks of stupid fall out.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #698
Powderaddict

Quote:

Where did he pay $90 million to not win a playoff game?

IIRC, and maybe I'm off, but I seem to remember that figure was for 5 seasons. 4 of which have yet to be played.

If Manning plays all 5 years of his contract, and the Broncos with Manning starting still have not won a playoff game, your position would make sense.

As for now, the Broncos spent about $18 million on the QB position on that contract to not win a playoff game.

So I'd say you come up with this **** the same place most **** comes from - right out of your ass.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #699
BroncoBeavis

Do we really need to start digging into Ortboners past in order to reveal that this whole thing is just a super-extension of years-old butthurt?
Old 08-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #700
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

It's cute you think Manning will get all 90 million. It's even more precious you're predicting failure and zero playoff wins the rest of his time as a bronco. You throw the word fact out yet cannot comprehend how an NFL contract works. Of the 8 100 million dollar contracts that are no longer active, the closest player to even reach that full amount was Brett Favre at around 55 million. Keep thinking players get the full amount of huge contracts though. Dumbass.