The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #601
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
"But look at his completion % at Florida so he must be accurate!" Broncobeavis
Beavis was not only the author of many epic failings while defending Tebow, he also was the author of just as many epic failings while trashing Manning.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #602
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Pretty much.

I loved the Tebowners who said that he had no one to throw to in Decker and Thomas, Manning comes in and both guys have monster years.

Timmy is on year 4 and still hasn't shown improvement even with the dude who drafted him.

And if a Tebowner comes in and says he sucked because he was throwing to 2nd and 3rd stringers then I will blow a fuse.
I wanna see this.

He sucked because he was throwing to 2nd and 3rd stringers.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #603
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Nope. It has more to do with the people who didn't like the pick and didn't think he'd ever by an NFL QB getting hammered day after day, post after post, for two years on this site, oh, and being constantly accused of religious bigotry rather than proposing a valid, football insight, which it obviously was.

Nothing so vicious as a pissed off Christian.

Yep.

Rep.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #604
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
Do you keep him instead of trying to pursue Peyton Manning? OF COURSE NOT
48 Tebowners disagree - as they chose Tebow when asked who did they want as the Broncos starting QB for 2012

Tim Tebow
55CrushEm, Aardvark, Agamemnon, BabyTO, Broncbow, BroncoBeavis, Broncobiv, broncogary, Broncoman13, Casper Bronco, Chris, Cito Pelon, ColoradoDarin, crazyhorse, DAN_BRONCO_FAN, Darkdoc, db56, dbfan21, Dedhed, Doggcow, El Jué, go_broncos, GreatBronco16, HighCountryBronco, jacob2125, Jay3, Jesterhole, jet19, jmz313, joe9999, lcbronco, lonestar, MacGruder, Marshall Dumervil, meangene, MileHighMagic, montrose, mustangtoby, myMind, NUB, rbackfactory80, sisterhellfyre, SoCalBronco, TD30, The Moops, TheFullTebow, winstoncup bronco, ~Crash~
48 27.43%
Old 08-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #605
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Pretty much.

I loved the Tebowners who said that he had no one to throw to in Decker and Thomas, Manning comes in and both guys have monster years.

Timmy is on year 4 and still hasn't shown improvement even with the dude who drafted him.

And if a Tebowner comes in and says he sucked because he was throwing to 2nd and 3rd stringers then I will blow a fuse.
McCoy sucks!

DT sucks!

Decker sucks!

Oline sucks!

JOHN ELWAY IS JEALOUS!!!!!
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #606
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #607
sisterhellfyre
Some days it's not worth

fighting the clowns under my bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Tim Tebow
55CrushEm, Aardvark, Agamemnon, BabyTO, Broncbow, BroncoBeavis, Broncobiv, broncogary, Broncoman13, Casper Bronco, Chris, Cito Pelon, ColoradoDarin, crazyhorse, DAN_BRONCO_FAN, Darkdoc, db56, dbfan21, Dedhed, Doggcow, El Jué, go_broncos, GreatBronco16, HighCountryBronco, jacob2125, Jay3, Jesterhole, jet19, jmz313, joe9999, lcbronco, lonestar, MacGruder, Marshall Dumervil, meangene, MileHighMagic, montrose, mustangtoby, myMind, NUB, rbackfactory80, sisterhellfyre, SoCalBronco, TD30, The Moops, TheFullTebow, winstoncup bronco, ~Crash~
48 27.43%
Yes, I did make that vote. And I was wrong. :-(

Does the crow come with a toothpick for picking feathers out of my teeth?
sisterhellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #608
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

The Elway is jealous arguement is very psychotic, anyone who thought that is probably institutionilised by now.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #609
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
McCoy sucks!

DT sucks!

Decker sucks!

Oline sucks!

JOHN ELWAY IS JEALOUS!!!!!
Remember the guy who posted Elway wasn't playing Tebow because of his contract escalators

Another Tebowoner who came up with crap out of left field why the NFL was keeping Timmy Try Hard down
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #610
ncjmirabile
Spiderman 3's Gwen

It was funny in the Pittsburgh playoff win how DT beat down Ike Taylor and MacGruder refused to give any credit to DT.
ncjmirabile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #611
Drunken.Broncoholic

The one that bests them all is the conspiracy that Elway had called all 31 teams and told them not to sign Tebow because he was jealous of him.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #612
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncjmirabile View Post
It was funny in the Pittsburgh playoff win how DT beat down Ike Taylor and MacGruder refused to give any credit to DT.
Exactly...but then again that was the case through out the time Tebow was starting.

to hear his legion of clown fans he was the sole reason the Broncos won the AFC West and the playoff game. they constantly trashed his team mates as being a human rummage sale of chumps.....and yet amazingly when told that Manning would elevate those same player's level of play, they dismissed it as comedy.

Thomas had over 140 yards after the catch in that game...and they still did nothing but gargle the balls of a guy who completed half his passes.

Tim was a part of the wins, and deserves some of the credit for helping us get out of the 1-4 hole we were in after week 5....but the defense playing better keeping games close coupled with Tebow's being safe with the ball was very instrumental in that magical season.

Not to mention other lucky events like Barber running out of bounds, and then fumbling in OT, the Dolphins not recovering an onside kick they knew was coming, the Raiders blowing their finale and the division title, was the true reason we overcame that 1-4 obstacle. Add in Prater being clutch from beyond 50 yards, and you had the right things happen at the right time

When you look at that 6-1 run objectively, the fact is this defense started playing better prior to Tebow becoming the QB....it wasn't as noticeable because Orton, who had been generally a low turnover play it safe QB uncharacteristically turned the ball over numerous times in the first 4.5 games....

Now, you cannot discount Tebow not turning it over with helping the defense out, however the return to health of DJ and Doom was critical in the D taking that bigger step to the level they were playing during the run.

Case in point -

Andre Goodman and Champ Bailey had zero INT's prior to DJ and Doom returning to lineup.....soon afterwards they quickly combined for 3 during the streak.

Brian Dawkins had zero sacks and only 1 pass defensed (PD's) prior to their return as well....because we couldn't generate a pass rush in the first 4 games, he had to stay back in coverage, and couldn't help out in run support or blitzing...afterwards he had 2 sacks and 5 PD's during the streak.

Prior to the return of Doom and Williams to 100% health the only guy rushing the passer was Miller who had 4 of his 11.5 sacks before SD....the team as a whole only had 8 sacks in the first 4.5 games....that's 8 of the 40 sacks we had as a team.

So in those 6.5 games after they were both 100% healthy we've averaged 3.4 sacks per game vs. 1.7 per game in the previous 4.5...doubled our sacks per game....and while I'm sure the guys on D loved Timmy not turning the ball over, this was more the defense being healthy and having the best 11 on the field.

Prior to the return of DJ and Doom, Bunkley had all of 7 tackles...he had 20 soon after during the streak....because opposing OL had to account for Doom and Miller both.

Ayers and DJ Williams had no sacks prior to the first SD game and Doom had none until the 2nd Raiders game if memory serves me right....

DJ didn't even come back until the Packers game, while Mays played admirably, it's a big drop off in talent between DJ and Kamikaze Joe, who had zero sacks

Not saying that having a mistake free QB doesn't help, because it does....but for those clowns to say this just happened all because of Tebow was incorrect.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #613
Shananahan

Yeah, all Tebow did during those weeks was avoid mistakes.

What?
Old 08-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #614
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post

What?
How many fumbles in how many games? How many in the dirt or over throws? How many times he held onto the ball too long? A mistake isn't just an int. For 3 quarters of almost all those games were filled with mistakes by the offense and him.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #615
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Lock all Tebow threads please.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #616
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
I second that.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #617
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Yes and no.

I was going over some of them, and man it is classic to go back and see all the butt hurt.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:09 PM   #618
Agamemnon

Well it's official at this point I suppose that the development and progress I thought we might see with him if he was given time is simply never going to happen. I thought people were too quick to give up on the guy, but after the fact their haste seems warranted. The dude should be able to complete basic passes at this point in his career, even with the constant changing of teams. He looked better as a rookie than he ever has since.

Oh well. The dude had potential when he first came out, but it seems he's never going to fulfill it.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #619
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Well it's official at this point I suppose that the development and progress I thought we might see with him if he was given time is simply never going to happen. I thought people were too quick to give up on the guy, but after the fact their haste seems warranted. The dude should be able to complete basic passes at this point in his career, even with the constant changing of teams. He looked better as a rookie than he ever has since.

Oh well. The dude had potential when he first came out, but it seems he's never going to fulfill it.
Someone has hijack his account.... Call the mods
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #620
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post

What?
He made some plays too....but so did many other guys on the team.....but his legion of fans have always maintained it was him and him alone.

all I can say is thank you John Elway and Peyton Manning
Old 08-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #621
CEH
Ring of Famer

So was Merrill Hoge right or wrong? Say this he never wavered from his opinion
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #622
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post

Yi kes!
Old 08-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #623
jerseyboiler120

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
So was Merrill Hoge right or wrong? Say this he never wavered from his opinion
Merrill huge is a dumbass and has proven it on many, many situations (not just Tebow, which could still be argued).
Old 08-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #624
jerseyboiler120

Clearly this thread has 'progressed' into a back-slapping credit fest where most of you guys are basically claiming how you always knew Tebow was not the answer and you are all truly part of the Brincos decision to trade him.

Why don't you all meet around the kitchen table, put a piece of bread down, and have a circle jerk congratulating yourselves about how you all and oly you all knew?

Especially those of you bashing Christians for supporting Tebow.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #625
jerseyboiler120

I watched him the other night and he threw a nice deep ball that the receiver missed. Hit his hands. Can any of you actually honestly say he did not throw some real nice deep passes while leading Denver to the playoffs and beating the steelers? Anyone who claims all the passing yards in that game were after the catch simply does not know football. A ball thrown 30 or 40 yards is a deep pass. That is not after the catch. Damn.