The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #576
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I think Orton uncharacteristically turning the ball over more than he had previously in Denver, and Tebow being inept at throwing the ball hurt us in our losses to Oakland (3 pt. loss), Titans (3 pt. loss), Chargers, Bills (turnovers allowed Bills to blow game open), and Chiefs (7-3 loss).

That puts us at 13-3
I think its also fair to point out that we had lots of close, "lucky" wins - Mia, Chi, @SD, @KC. People like to point at these games and say we were lucky to win eight, and the narrative is we were a worse team than the record showed. I say with even average QB play, we win these ones easily and the miracle finishes wouldn't have been necessary.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #577
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
I think its also fair to point out that we had lots of close, "lucky" wins - Mia, Chi, @SD, @KC. People like to point at these games and say we were lucky to win eight, and the narrative is we were a worse team than the record showed. I say with even average QB play, we win these ones easily and the miracle finishes wouldn't have been necessary.
I think our defense was good, but wasn't good enough to overcome below average play by the QB's, especially when they turned the ball over and when the offense turned the ball over like they did -

3 vs Raiders
2 vs Titans
4 vs Packers
1 vs Chargers
3 vs Lions
3 vs Patriots
3 vs Bills
2 vs Chiefs

But yeah, to keep the games as close as they were for the most part, this team was definitely better than most of us (including myself on occasion) gave them credit for.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #578
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Tim Tebow gets some extended playing time, and he looks pretty bad

When Ryan Mallett went down on a hard hit by two Philadelphia Eagles defenders in the second quarter, the Eagles' home crowd cheered once the New England Patriots' third-string quarterback trotted in.
Tim Tebow.
If nothing else, Tebow livened up the second half of the Patriots' preseason opener. The bad news for Tebow and his many fans is he looked as awful as ever at quarterback.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...024333364.html
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:14 AM   #579
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

The second pass was incomplete, but at least it came out on time. That was rare for Tebow on Friday night, as he still is obviously not developed in reading a defense and getting rid of the ball.

Time to put that degree to work. He'll never be an NFL QB.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #580
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Sabotage. Projecting. 3 phases.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #581
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #582
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
The second pass was incomplete, but at least it came out on time. That was rare for Tebow on Friday night, as he still is obviously not developed in reading a defense and getting rid of the ball.

Time to put that degree to work. He'll never be an NFL QB.
Been saying that the day he was drafted. Still hard to believe the team wasted 3 picks to select him in the 1st round. This is his last hurrah!
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #583
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Good call Med.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #584
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Been saying that the day he was drafted. Still hard to believe the team wasted 3 picks to select him in the 1st round. This is his last hurrah!
Tim Tebow and Alphonso Smith... Just.... Why......
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #585
TonyR
Franchise Poster

If you want to see an epic Tebow thread check this one out. Starts out as a discussion of Cam Newton and quickly turns into a raging Teboner fest!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...ght=cam+newton
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #586
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

"Opportunity knocked for Tim Tebow Friday night in Philadelphia.

Tebow opened the door, stared opportunity down, then threw a pass 5 yards over opportunity’s head..."

http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-t...patriots-debut
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #587
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
If you want to see an epic Tebow thread check this one out. Starts out as a discussion of Cam Newton and quickly turns into a raging Teboner fest!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...ght=cam+newton
Dehed with more amazingly stupid takes, yet bashing people with the correct evaluation.

No wonder that Bozo doesn't post anymore.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #588
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Tebow entered the game late in the first half after backup quarterback Ryan Mallett was injured, and the Patriots offense promptly ground to a halt. Passes bounced off target or were tipped at the line of scrimmage. Tebow held the football too long and took unnecessary sacks. He displayed no concept of how to read a defense, so routine plays turned into high degree-of-difficulty scrambles.
If a team needs a quarterback who can execute Pistol with a modest degree of success against the third-string defense of an opponent that finished 4-12 last year, Tebow is highly qualified.
http://miketanier.sportsonearthblog....nd-unveilings/

TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #589
Shananahan

I honestly don't get the hate. I mean, it's horrible that he hasn't panned out, considering what Denver gave up for him, but Tebow won me over while he was here despite his shortcomings.

He is what he is, but I don't think he ever did anything to warrant you idiots delighting in his failure.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #590
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
I honestly don't get the hate. I mean, it's horrible that he hasn't panned out, considering what Denver gave up for him, but Tebow won me over while he was here despite his shortcomings.

He is what he is, but I don't think he ever did anything to warrant you idiots delighting in his failure.
My guess is guys like Dedhead berating everyone who didnt acknowledge Tebow's greatness has something to do with it

Or the Tebots who kept spamming the board and wishing for Fox and Elway to die in a plane crash
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #591
yerner
Ring of Famer

looks like this argument is finished.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #592
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:

I think it has a lot to do with the "goody two shoes syndrome"
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #593
huh??
Back in the 5280!

...pretty good at lurking.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:

At this point, I see it as more of a jabbing at McDouchels and his reputation for being some kind of offensive genius and QB guru who saw Tebow and said, "I can make that kid a top 5 quarterback." He is, after all, making a Round 2 type of attempt, isn't he?
huh?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #594
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I think it has a lot to do with the "goody two shoes syndrome"
Nope. It has more to do with the people who didn't like the pick and didn't think he'd ever be an NFL QB getting hammered day after day, post after post, for two years on this site, oh, and being constantly accused of religious bigotry rather than proposing a valid, football insight, which it obviously was.

Nothing so vicious as a pissed off Christian.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 08-10-2013 at 06:59 PM..
Old 08-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #595
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

The 2011 season was one of the most memorable that we've had in the last decade especially after what we had experienced from 2008 until 2011...... and Tebow was the leader of our team during that run. How any Bronco fan would have anything but appreciation and admiration for him for lifting us out of our "dark age" is beyond me. Do you keep him instead of trying to pursue Peyton Manning? OF COURSE NOT. But we should all wish him well in his future endeavors (with the exception of when he lines up against us) and I personally would love to see him start again. His performance last night was abysmal however.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #596
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I always said, the problem with Tebow was not Tebow, it was his baggage. A more lunatic fan base I've never seen.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #597
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I always said, the problem with Tebow was not Tebow, it was his baggage. A more lunatic fan base I've never seen.
I'm sure the career 47.9% completion ratio has nothing to do with it.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #598
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:

I'd be willing to bet it's not his failures that they're taking delight in....it's the fact that all who had issues with Tebow as a QB were labelled "idiots" (like you've just labelled them) or "haters" by the nuthugging legion of Tebowites.

the venom in which they attacked anyone who had even the slightest amount of criticism of Tebow is legendary.

Forgive some of them for feeling vindicated.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #599
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I'm sure the career 47.9% completion ratio has nothing to do with it.
"But look at his completion % at Florida so he must be accurate!" Broncobeavis
Old 08-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #600
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I'd be willing to bet it's not his failures that they're taking delight in....it's the fact that all who had issues with Tebow as a QB were labelled "idiots" (like you've just labelled them) or "haters" by the nuthugging legion of Tebowites.

the venom in which they attacked anyone who had even the slightest amount of criticism of Tebow is legendary.

Forgive some of them for feeling vindicated.....
Pretty much.

I loved the Tebowners who said that he had no one to throw to in Decker and Thomas, Manning comes in and both guys have monster years.

Timmy is on year 4 and still hasn't shown improvement even with the dude who drafted him.

And if a Tebowner comes in and says he sucked because he was throwing to 2nd and 3rd stringers then I will blow a fuse.
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote