The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 06:52 AM   #501
Meck77

I'm glad Tebow got picked up. This will finally settle whether or not he's cut out for the league. He's had two strikes so far.

Hell Kraft will probably make Tebow's salary in jersey sales by the end of training camp anyway.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:58 AM   #502
CEH
Ring of Famer

If Tebow makes the team good for him. I have my doubts he makes the team. Remember this is a coach who cut a player the day of the Super Bowl only to inactive the player they brought up.

I don't see Tebow as a TE. He's too slow for today's NFL and who knows if he can catch
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:03 AM   #503
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Agreed ... good to see him get another shot in the League.

And thanks Tebow for this Top-10 All-Time Broncos play....
That was an incredible balls to the walls play by DT and one for the ages for sure! Nice pass by Tim as well, even if among the relatively few of those kind of on target lasers he threw all year.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #504
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Meh... for weeks, no NFL team showed the slightest scintilla of interest in Tebow. My argument has always been the same: the primary reason for this is that he cannot consistently put the football where it needs to be and a QB who cannot do that does. not. last. long. in the NFL. Lots of players are surrounded by intense media coverage -- however, in most of those instances, the "media darling" makes the inconvenience (brought by the spotlight) worthwhile to his team by -- putting the football where it needs to be or catching the ball or finding running lanes or getting to the opposing QB or breaking up the other team's passes -- in short, through performance.

It will not surprise me in the least if Tebow doesn't make it through the Pats' roster cuts -- your own mileage may vary. But even if he does survive the cuts, it's completely unrealistic to expect the Pats to bench a player like Brady -- ever -- even situationally -- so that they can activate a 3rd stringer. And 3rd string is the best that can possibly be hoped-for even by the staunchest of Tebow fans.
And you know there was no interest because you listened to the same media that reported that the Patriots had absolutely no interest.

The point is the media reports what they know. But if they don't know they report something anyway. Regardless, no coach wants to be featured 6 times an hour on Sportscenter just because they mentioned Tebow might be worth a look. Nobody was going to express any interest until the deal was already done.
I honestly hope they keep him -- it's possible that I dislike the Patriots more than any other team in the league -- they deserve Tebow and his fans.[/QUOTE]
Old 06-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #505
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post

There are amateur sleuths who are engrossed in the Zodiac murders that believe that the Unabomber was the Zodiac killer too.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #506
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
And you know there was no interest because you listened to the same media that reported that the Patriots had absolutely no interest.

The point is the media reports what they know. But if they don't know they report something anyway. Regardless, no coach wants to be featured 6 times an hour on Sportscenter just because they mentioned Tebow might be worth a look. Nobody was going to express any interest until the deal was already done.
Yeah, 'cause a QB who cannot consistently put the ball where it needs to be is always such a hot commodity in the NFL. Sure... and pigs are sprouting wings as we type.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #507
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

I honestly hope they keep him -- it's possible that I dislike the Patriots more than any other team in the league -- they deserve Tebow and his fans.
[/QUOTE]

What about the people who listened to Tebows private camp? Those close to him who were saying it was all but over. But I'm sure the media was just making that up too. Teams were coming out and saying they had no interest. He was getting no calls, which is why his people were losing faith in landing on a team.

None of this matters if he doesn't make the 53, which IMO he won't.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #508
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Zoltan Mesko had a punt blocked this past season......so maybe that's why they signed Tebow?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:21 PM   #509
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post

What about the people who listened to Tebows private camp? Those close to him who were saying it was all but over. But I'm sure the media was just making that up too. Teams were coming out and saying they had no interest. He was getting no calls, which is why his people were losing faith in landing on a team.

None of this matters if he doesn't make the 53, which IMO he won't.
Those stories fall in the same category -- are you saying that you're putting a lot of stock in that one story? You know it was unsourced, and denied by "Tebow's camp."

I would think the fact that he signed with the Patriots soon after that would tend to make you realize it was a false story -- but you're holding onto it? Not only that, citing as a clear example that shows the sports media only reports true stories?
Old 06-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #510
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

A year ago, there were only 2 NFL teams interested in him. This year, neither of those 2 teams wanted him. The fact is that unless he improves drastically (which he's shown no indications of doing) demand for his services is going to take a sharp decline with each year he's buried on the depth charts.

No one's gonna buy the notion that his agent was occupied full-time fielding calls from NFL teams, but managed to keep it a secret from the media. If there had been any calls, the Tebow camp would have held a press conference and we all know it.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #511
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Those stories fall in the same category -- are you saying that you're putting a lot of stock in that one story? You know it was unsourced, and denied by "Tebow's camp."

I would think the fact that he signed with the Patriots soon after that would tend to make you realize it was a false story -- but you're holding onto it? Not only that, citing as a clear example that shows the sports media only reports true stories?
The denying part was an ESPN the magazine's report on tebow giving up hope for an NFL QB job. Which his people flatly denied. I don't disagree about that but I think some of his people were losing hope and had to do damage control. Frankly I'm not surprised that the spot he landed was because of the guy who drafted him in the first place. Concrete evidence showed teams were not interested. Don't need stories to prove that. The simple term "no" was used by many FOs when asked if interested.

Like I said earlier none of this matters until he makes the roster. If NE was so interested in him playing QB that contract wouldve looked entirely different. For one, incentives from other positions wouldn't be in it.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 06-15-2013 at 06:45 PM..
Old 06-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #512
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
A year ago, there were only 2 NFL teams interested in him. This year, neither of those 2 teams wanted him. The fact is that unless he improves drastically (which he's shown no indications of doing) demand for his services is going to take a sharp decline with each year he's buried on the depth charts.

No one's gonna buy the notion that his agent was occupied full-time fielding calls from NFL teams, but managed to keep it a secret from the media. If there had been any calls, the Tebow camp would have held a press conference and we all know it.
I'm just trying to figure out why you care.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #513
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I'm just trying to figure out why you care.
And why would it matter to you whether I care or not -- or why?
Old 06-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #514
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #515
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
I think you keep putting this up cause tebow had that exact same footwork/movement on a passing play.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #516
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
And why would it matter to you whether I care or not -- or why?
All your personal (players) wishes have come true and still you whine......
Old 06-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #517
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
I think you keep putting this up cause tebow had that exact same footwork/movement on a passing play.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #518
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
All your personal (players) wishes have come true and still you whine......
It is true that I'm very excited and optimistic for the 2013 Broncos season.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #519
Jay3

Quote:
For one, incentives from other positions wouldn't be in it.
They're not incentives from other positions. It's a simple percentage of snaps incentive. And people have speculated (reasonably so) that in 2014 he wouldn't possibly get any snaps at QB, so it must be because the Pats are going to force a choice.

But they don't mention other positions.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #520
Agamemnon

I've got to laugh at all the haters in this thread actively rooting against Tebow for some mysterious reason. He's still the only QB since 2005 that has helped us actually win a playoff game, and yet these jokers act like he killed their dog or something.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #521
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
Wow...WTF was he doing?
Old 06-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #522
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

busted play
Old 06-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #523
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I've got to laugh at all the haters in this thread actively rooting against Tebow for some mysterious reason. He's still the only QB since 2005 that has helped us actually win a playoff game, and yet these jokers act like he killed their dog or something.
He's a patriot. I want him to suffer the wrath of suck. I hate the patriots. McD inflicted this team with their ****ed up ways. Broncriots.

And before that he was a jet. I hate the jets.

Forgive me for wanting a player on both those teams to fail. I want all their players to fail.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 06-15-2013 at 08:15 PM..
Old 06-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #524
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
busted play

How about ****ty quarterbacking from someone who didn't have a clue?

Just one of the MANY pathetic plays he "made." He is one of the worst quarterbacks I've ever seen, if not the worst. I just can't fathom anyone thinks anything differently.

They are pretty stupid if they do think differently.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #525
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post

How about ****ty quarterbacking from someone who didn't have a clue?

Just one of the MANY pathetic plays he "made." He is one of the worst quarterbacks I've ever seen, if not the worst. I just can't fathom anyone thinks anything differently.

They are pretty stupid if they do think differently.
You are a very serious person.