The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 05:53 AM   #476
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,501
Default

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:18 AM   #477
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
You are a very serious person.
I rarely crack a smile.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #478
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,558

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
You are a very serious person.
Is this your new thing?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #479
baja
Pat Bowlen
 
baja's Avatar
 
The best owner ever

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

One thing you can be sure of They did not bring in Tebow without a plan as to how they want to use him. Say what you want about McD but he is very innovative.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:27 AM   #480
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,421

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
One thing you can be sure of They did not bring in Tebow without a plan as to how they want to use him. Say what you want about McD but he is very innovative.
Lol. So was the Unabomber.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #481
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,936

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Lol. So was the Unabomber.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:35 AM   #482
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,558

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
One thing you can be sure of They did not bring in Tebow without a plan as to how they want to use him. Say what you want about McD but he is very innovative.
McD. The same guy that said they don't believe is half time adjustments. That is ground breaking stuff. The same guy that called a play to his LT. What you see as innovative others see as ways he fails.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #483
baja
Pat Bowlen
 
baja's Avatar
 
The best owner ever

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
McD. The same guy that said they don't believe is half time adjustments. That is ground breaking stuff. The same guy that called a play to his LT. What you see as innovative others see as ways he fails.
I wonder if seeing a person, place or thing as all good or all bad is a condition of youth or closed mindedness?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #484
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,558

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I wonder if seeing a person, place or thing as all good or all bad is a condition of youth or closed mindedness?
Maybe I should move to Mexico so my mind will be set free.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:17 AM   #485
baja
Pat Bowlen
 
baja's Avatar
 
The best owner ever

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Maybe I should move to Mexico so my mind will be set free.

No, you and only you are capable of doing that.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #486
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

McDaniels just did what he does best. He took his little plan (Tebow) and turned it on itself.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #487
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,558

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
No, you and only you are capable of doing that.
You sure are a serious person.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #488
baja
Pat Bowlen
 
baja's Avatar
 
The best owner ever

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

sometimes
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #489
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,351

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default



lol!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #490
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,597

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
One thing you can be sure of They did not bring in Tebow without a plan as to how they want to use him. Say what you want about McD but he is very innovative.
Maybe, Baja... however, if a player is truly coveted and game plans are going to be altered in order to brainstorm ways of utilizing that player, don't teams usually make moves the minute said player has cleared waivers? The timing of this acquisition (after he's spent weeks waiting for the phone to ring) plus the "no-guaranteed-money" contract would seem to indicate that his stay in NE just might be very temporary (camp fodder). It's simply not the way teams typically handle a player that they expect to retain for years.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #491
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Maybe, Baja... however, if a player is truly coveted and game plans are going to be altered in order to brainstorm ways of utilizing that player, don't teams usually make moves the minute said player has cleared waivers? The timing of this acquisition (after he's spent weeks waiting for the phone to ring) plus the "no-guaranteed-money" contract would seem to indicate that his stay in NE just might be very temporary (camp fodder). It's simply not the way teams typically handle a player that they expect to retain for years.
So your argument went from Tebow's Circus is so toxic nobody will touch him with a 10 foot pole to The Pats picked him up for no apparent reason, other than to maybe cut him later this offseason?

Makes no sense.

And please, can we dispense with all the leaping to conclusions like we ever knew who Tebow talked to and when? That same thinking led many of these same prognosticators to say Tebow would never sign another NFL contract again.

If Tebow is a 'distraction' then nobody's ever going to say a peep about bringing him in until the day they plan to bring him in. Just because ESPN hasn't found out about it yet doesn't mean it isn't happening.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #492
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,473

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

“We want high quality people who work hard, are team players,” Kraft said, via Mike Reiss of ESPN.com. “I don’t think there is a nicer person that I’ve ever met, and now he’ll get to compete with all the other people at the position, and our hope is that he’s on our 53-man roster.”

Kraft expanded on his belief that Tebow’s religious beliefs were an attraction — even though that kind of talk has to make Kraft’s lawyers a little antsy.

“In this age of technology, where people are isolating themselves and going to their little instruments and spending hours of not interfacing with people; people who respect tradition, religion, spirituality, I think we need more of that in America today,” Kraft said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...53-man-roster/
Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #493
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Can you do this everyday? Come in to a thread everyday and put this up like you seem to do? Why walk in and walk out like there is nothing here (yet you do it everyday)? Are you expecting something juicy and have not found the Tebow fix you crave? Maners are failing you and need to step it up!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:54 PM   #494
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

GrandpaSimpson.gif is an awesome ongoing tebow thread gag imo
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #495
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
It's gonna be hilarious when McDaniels and Tebow send you guys home.

**** off, where will your team be as usual ?

Thats right...............
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:11 AM   #496
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,597

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
So your argument went from Tebow's Circus is so toxic nobody will touch him with a 10 foot pole to The Pats picked him up for no apparent reason, other than to maybe cut him later this offseason?

Makes no sense.

And please, can we dispense with all the leaping to conclusions like we ever knew who Tebow talked to and when? That same thinking led many of these same prognosticators to say Tebow would never sign another NFL contract again.

If Tebow is a 'distraction' then nobody's ever going to say a peep about bringing him in until the day they plan to bring him in. Just because ESPN hasn't found out about it yet doesn't mean it isn't happening.
Meh... for weeks, no NFL team showed the slightest scintilla of interest in Tebow. My argument has always been the same: the primary reason for this is that he cannot consistently put the football where it needs to be and a QB who cannot do that does. not. last. long. in the NFL. Lots of players are surrounded by intense media coverage -- however, in most of those instances, the "media darling" makes the inconvenience (brought by the spotlight) worthwhile to his team by -- putting the football where it needs to be or catching the ball or finding running lanes or getting to the opposing QB or breaking up the other team's passes -- in short, through performance.

It will not surprise me in the least if Tebow doesn't make it through the Pats' roster cuts -- your own mileage may vary. But even if he does survive the cuts, it's completely unrealistic to expect the Pats to bench a player like Brady -- ever -- even situationally -- so that they can activate a 3rd stringer. And 3rd string is the best that can possibly be hoped-for even by the staunchest of Tebow fans.

I honestly hope they keep him -- it's possible that I dislike the Patriots more than any other team in the league -- they deserve Tebow and his fans.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:06 AM   #497
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

And just remember, if the Patriots trade Mallet (he's one of the hottest backups in the league), Tebow will still be third string in our hearts. It's not possible they brought him in to back up Brady once Mallet is traded.

So, the important thing is that he's third string. Forget all that stuff about "if he's NFL caliber, how come no team has signed him?" Didn't mean that. What I meant was, "he's a third stringer no matter what."

And, really, my point is -- he's not as good as Tom Brady. They will not want to take Brady off the field for Tebow. So I feel pretty strong about declaring Tebow is not as good as Brady.

Also, I want to demonstrate that I have some vague awareness of Tebow's talent, so I will make the inane point that he could switch positions at this point in his career and help an NFL team by playing tight end. Because that doesn't seem stupid at all. What he would do, see, is sort practice running a couple of routes and then he would be a tight end.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:20 AM   #498
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,340

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

He will be utilized in a wildcat type situation. Although, mcd will call a pass more than 9 times because he isn't a ****ty OC like soprano. It's good for the nfl. Soprano and Ryan both should have been fired.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:34 AM   #499
baja
Pat Bowlen
 
baja's Avatar
 
The best owner ever

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
And just remember, if the Patriots trade Mallet (he's one of the hottest backups in the league), Tebow will still be third string in our hearts. It's not possible they brought him in to back up Brady once Mallet is traded.

So, the important thing is that he's third string. Forget all that stuff about "if he's NFL caliber, how come no team has signed him?" Didn't mean that. What I meant was, "he's a third stringer no matter what."

And, really, my point is -- he's not as good as Tom Brady. They will not want to take Brady off the field for Tebow. So I feel pretty strong about declaring Tebow is not as good as Brady.

Also, I want to demonstrate that I have some vague awareness of Tebow's talent, so I will make the inane point that he could switch positions at this point in his career and help an NFL team by playing tight end. Because that doesn't seem stupid at all. What he would do, see, is sort practice running a couple of routes and then he would be a tight end.
No, no you got it all wrong. The center will hike Tom Brady (who will be holding the ball) directly to Tebow. Tebow will then hoist Brady onto his shoulders and run around while Brady looks for an open receiver. No more knocked down passes and no more easy sacks.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:51 AM   #500
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 6,733
Default

Why don't they bring back Ochocinco and bring in TO while they're at it?

McClueless didn't have enough hair on his ass to play Tebow and buy himself a couple more games as head coach when the 2010 season was clearly going down the tubes.

But if they want to take the ball out of Brady's hands, that's fine by me, and I'm sure it's fine with the other 31 teams in the league.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:25 PM.


Denver Broncos