The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 05:53 AM   #476
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:18 AM   #477
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
You are a very serious person.
I rarely crack a smile.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #478
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
You are a very serious person.
Is this your new thing?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #479
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

One thing you can be sure of They did not bring in Tebow without a plan as to how they want to use him. Say what you want about McD but he is very innovative.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:27 AM   #480
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
One thing you can be sure of They did not bring in Tebow without a plan as to how they want to use him. Say what you want about McD but he is very innovative.
Lol. So was the Unabomber.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #481
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Lol. So was the Unabomber.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:35 AM   #482
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
McD. The same guy that said they don't believe is half time adjustments. That is ground breaking stuff. The same guy that called a play to his LT. What you see as innovative others see as ways he fails.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #483
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
McD. The same guy that said they don't believe is half time adjustments. That is ground breaking stuff. The same guy that called a play to his LT. What you see as innovative others see as ways he fails.
I wonder if seeing a person, place or thing as all good or all bad is a condition of youth or closed mindedness?
Old 06-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #484
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I wonder if seeing a person, place or thing as all good or all bad is a condition of youth or closed mindedness?
Maybe I should move to Mexico so my mind will be set free.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:17 AM   #485
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Maybe I should move to Mexico so my mind will be set free.

No, you and only you are capable of doing that.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #486
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

McDaniels just did what he does best. He took his little plan (Tebow) and turned it on itself.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #487
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
No, you and only you are capable of doing that.
You sure are a serious person.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #488
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

sometimes
Old 06-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #489
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

lol!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #490
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Maybe, Baja... however, if a player is truly coveted and game plans are going to be altered in order to brainstorm ways of utilizing that player, don't teams usually make moves the minute said player has cleared waivers? The timing of this acquisition (after he's spent weeks waiting for the phone to ring) plus the "no-guaranteed-money" contract would seem to indicate that his stay in NE just might be very temporary (camp fodder). It's simply not the way teams typically handle a player that they expect to retain for years.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #491
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Maybe, Baja... however, if a player is truly coveted and game plans are going to be altered in order to brainstorm ways of utilizing that player, don't teams usually make moves the minute said player has cleared waivers? The timing of this acquisition (after he's spent weeks waiting for the phone to ring) plus the "no-guaranteed-money" contract would seem to indicate that his stay in NE just might be very temporary (camp fodder). It's simply not the way teams typically handle a player that they expect to retain for years.
So your argument went from Tebow's Circus is so toxic nobody will touch him with a 10 foot pole to The Pats picked him up for no apparent reason, other than to maybe cut him later this offseason?

Makes no sense.

And please, can we dispense with all the leaping to conclusions like we ever knew who Tebow talked to and when? That same thinking led many of these same prognosticators to say Tebow would never sign another NFL contract again.

If Tebow is a 'distraction' then nobody's ever going to say a peep about bringing him in until the day they plan to bring him in. Just because ESPN hasn't found out about it yet doesn't mean it isn't happening.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #492
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

“We want high quality people who work hard, are team players,” Kraft said, via Mike Reiss of ESPN.com. “I don’t think there is a nicer person that I’ve ever met, and now he’ll get to compete with all the other people at the position, and our hope is that he’s on our 53-man roster.”

Kraft expanded on his belief that Tebow’s religious beliefs were an attraction — even though that kind of talk has to make Kraft’s lawyers a little antsy.

“In this age of technology, where people are isolating themselves and going to their little instruments and spending hours of not interfacing with people; people who respect tradition, religion, spirituality, I think we need more of that in America today,” Kraft said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...53-man-roster/
Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #493
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Can you do this everyday? Come in to a thread everyday and put this up like you seem to do? Why walk in and walk out like there is nothing here (yet you do it everyday)? Are you expecting something juicy and have not found the Tebow fix you crave? Maners are failing you and need to step it up!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:54 PM   #494
lolcopter

GrandpaSimpson.gif is an awesome ongoing tebow thread gag imo
Old 06-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #495
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
It's gonna be hilarious when McDaniels and Tebow send you guys home.

**** off, where will your team be as usual ?

Thats right...............
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:11 AM   #496
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
So your argument went from Tebow's Circus is so toxic nobody will touch him with a 10 foot pole to The Pats picked him up for no apparent reason, other than to maybe cut him later this offseason?

Makes no sense.

And please, can we dispense with all the leaping to conclusions like we ever knew who Tebow talked to and when? That same thinking led many of these same prognosticators to say Tebow would never sign another NFL contract again.

If Tebow is a 'distraction' then nobody's ever going to say a peep about bringing him in until the day they plan to bring him in. Just because ESPN hasn't found out about it yet doesn't mean it isn't happening.
Meh... for weeks, no NFL team showed the slightest scintilla of interest in Tebow. My argument has always been the same: the primary reason for this is that he cannot consistently put the football where it needs to be and a QB who cannot do that does. not. last. long. in the NFL. Lots of players are surrounded by intense media coverage -- however, in most of those instances, the "media darling" makes the inconvenience (brought by the spotlight) worthwhile to his team by -- putting the football where it needs to be or catching the ball or finding running lanes or getting to the opposing QB or breaking up the other team's passes -- in short, through performance.

It will not surprise me in the least if Tebow doesn't make it through the Pats' roster cuts -- your own mileage may vary. But even if he does survive the cuts, it's completely unrealistic to expect the Pats to bench a player like Brady -- ever -- even situationally -- so that they can activate a 3rd stringer. And 3rd string is the best that can possibly be hoped-for even by the staunchest of Tebow fans.

I honestly hope they keep him -- it's possible that I dislike the Patriots more than any other team in the league -- they deserve Tebow and his fans.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:06 AM   #497
Jay3

And just remember, if the Patriots trade Mallet (he's one of the hottest backups in the league), Tebow will still be third string in our hearts. It's not possible they brought him in to back up Brady once Mallet is traded.

So, the important thing is that he's third string. Forget all that stuff about "if he's NFL caliber, how come no team has signed him?" Didn't mean that. What I meant was, "he's a third stringer no matter what."

And, really, my point is -- he's not as good as Tom Brady. They will not want to take Brady off the field for Tebow. So I feel pretty strong about declaring Tebow is not as good as Brady.

Also, I want to demonstrate that I have some vague awareness of Tebow's talent, so I will make the inane point that he could switch positions at this point in his career and help an NFL team by playing tight end. Because that doesn't seem stupid at all. What he would do, see, is sort practice running a couple of routes and then he would be a tight end.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:20 AM   #498
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

He will be utilized in a wildcat type situation. Although, mcd will call a pass more than 9 times because he isn't a ****ty OC like soprano. It's good for the nfl. Soprano and Ryan both should have been fired.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:34 AM   #499
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
And just remember, if the Patriots trade Mallet (he's one of the hottest backups in the league), Tebow will still be third string in our hearts. It's not possible they brought him in to back up Brady once Mallet is traded.

So, the important thing is that he's third string. Forget all that stuff about "if he's NFL caliber, how come no team has signed him?" Didn't mean that. What I meant was, "he's a third stringer no matter what."

And, really, my point is -- he's not as good as Tom Brady. They will not want to take Brady off the field for Tebow. So I feel pretty strong about declaring Tebow is not as good as Brady.

Also, I want to demonstrate that I have some vague awareness of Tebow's talent, so I will make the inane point that he could switch positions at this point in his career and help an NFL team by playing tight end. Because that doesn't seem stupid at all. What he would do, see, is sort practice running a couple of routes and then he would be a tight end.
No, no you got it all wrong. The center will hike Tom Brady (who will be holding the ball) directly to Tebow. Tebow will then hoist Brady onto his shoulders and run around while Brady looks for an open receiver. No more knocked down passes and no more easy sacks.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:51 AM   #500
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Why don't they bring back Ochocinco and bring in TO while they're at it?

McClueless didn't have enough hair on his ass to play Tebow and buy himself a couple more games as head coach when the 2010 season was clearly going down the tubes.

But if they want to take the ball out of Brady's hands, that's fine by me, and I'm sure it's fine with the other 31 teams in the league.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote