The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #451
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
I don't think he is eligible for the PS though
And why not just have a RB line up at qb if you feel you must spend time defending the read option?

As a runner Ridley offers so much more, probably offers more as a passer to
!

With the third QB rule he can be deactivated on game day and doesn't count against the roster. But since he was a starter in the NFL, now I'm not sure how the rules would apply.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #452
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

try not to laugh...these are legit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tim-Tebow-Ne...item1c33a4112e

Last edited by bronco militia; 06-13-2013 at 01:02 PM..
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #453
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
!

With the third QB rule he can be deactivated on game day and doesn't count against the roster. But since he was a starter in the NFL, now I'm not sure how the rules would apply.
They did away with that third QB rule. They added one more to the game day roster number, and it's just up to the team whether to activate 3 quarterbacks or not.

He's not eligible for PS, I'm nearly positive. You can't play 3 years and go back on PS.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #454
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
try not to laugh...these are legit

Macgruder got his the day after. Express shipping. Has anyone found that clown at the Pats forums yet?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #455
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Macgruder got his the day after. Express shipping. Has anyone found that clown at the Pats forums yet?
Some of them are blocking new profiles. Which is great
Old 06-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #456
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
So the new definition of "legit" is "a t-shirt that somebody is selling ebay."
Old 06-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #457
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Some of them are blocking new profiles. Which is great
As I said upthread, it is great. It's a real snapshot of the back and forth that occurs about Tebow even absent someone like MacGruder. If he was in the mix, some would say he was the cause of it. But frankly, it's just as much of a dumpster fire among only Pats fans.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #458
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
work with me, cuz
Old 06-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #459
Jay3

A question about Tebowing was actually the one that sparked Bellichik to shut down the Tebow questions. He just said "I think we've talked about him enough, I think I've covered it."
Old 06-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #460
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Did you not notice the 797 feedback points? Only 203 away from the first red star. Doesn't get any more legit than that.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #461
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Old 06-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #462
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Owner says Tebow's 'spirituality' a big reason why Patriots signed former Jets QB

Read more: Owner says Tebow's 'spirituality' a big reason why Patriots signed former Jets QB - NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...#ixzz2W89EVMkJ

"FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- It turns out the Patriots signed Tim Tebow in part because their owner thinks the team’s “spirituality” was lacking.

That was the surprising word today from Robert Kraft, who is more than happy to fill in the numerous blanks left by tight-lipped coach Bill Belichick when it comes to explaining New England’s surprise decision this week to sign the polarizing ex-Jets quarterback.

“For me personaly, having Tim Tebow on this team, he’s someone who believes in spirituality, he’s very competitive, works hard and has a great attitude,” Kraft said at a charity event at Gillette Stadium honoring his late wife.

“He’s a winner, and the fact that spirituality is so important to him is very appealing to me,” Kraft continued.

Kraft also labeled Tebow’s openly religious nature “an added dimension” that helped convince the Patriots to sign him to a two-year deal (with no guaranteed money) after five weeks on the NFL unemployment line"

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...e0DXS8cucxk2sJ

He's an affirmative action hire?

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 06-13-2013 at 02:41 PM..
Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #463
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Old 06-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #464
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Owner says Tebow's 'spirituality' a big reason why Patriots signed former Jets QB

Read more: Owner says Tebow's 'spirituality' a big reason why Patriots signed former Jets QB - NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...#ixzz2W89EVMkJ

"FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- It turns out the Patriots signed Tim Tebow in part because their owner thinks the team’s “spirituality” was lacking.

That was the surprising word today from Robert Kraft, who is more than happy to fill in the numerous blanks left by tight-lipped coach Bill Belichick when it comes to explaining New England’s surprise decision this week to sign the polarizing ex-Jets quarterback.

“For me personaly, having Tim Tebow on this team, he’s someone who believes in spirituality, he’s very competitive, works hard and has a great attitude,” Kraft said at a charity event at Gillette Stadium honoring his late wife.

“He’s a winner, and the fact that spirituality is so important to him is very appealing to me,” Kraft continued.

Kraft also labeled Tebow’s openly religious nature “an added dimension” that helped convince the Patriots to sign him to a two-year deal (with no guaranteed money) after five weeks on the NFL unemployment line"

Man. Belichick has to love that sort of public declaration from his owner.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #465
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

lol his religious beliefs are an "added dimension" for that team?

Sounds like he still is just a sideshow attraction
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #466
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:

Well, figuring Kraft and Belicheat are the Anti Christ, it is an added and new dimension for the Pats.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #467
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post

Old 06-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #468
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Kraft also said he'd welcome a gay player. Two birds, one stone.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #469
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Kraft also said he'd welcome a gay player. Two birds, one stone.
I can't wait till he moves New England to Old England.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #470
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

In other words, he was signed to be the pats locker room cheerleader/chaplain.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #471
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Classic!
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #472
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

If Tebow had played the way Elway expected him to we would have Luck on the team right now.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #473
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
If Tebow had played the way Elway expected him to we would have Luck on the team right now.
Ya cause Elway wanted to lose games. Wtf. If that was the case the offense would've been under center passing plays all Sunday every Sunday. You want tebow to fail make him pass. They didnt make him pass
Old 06-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #474
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Ya cause Elway wanted to lose games. Wtf. If that was the case the offense would've been under center passing plays all Sunday every Sunday. You want tebow to fail make him pass. They didnt make him pass
You are a very serious person.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #475
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

I'm not sure if this is too stupid or radical for the NFL, or both, but I'm not sure why some team wouldn't be willing to experiment by trying some kind of hybrid halfback/2nd QB type position with Tebow. It doesn't seem that much more ridiculous than the wildcat formation, and it'd similarly be used in a limited, situational basis.

Basically Tebow or any other running, mobile type college QB who doesn't throw well enough to play QB every down lines up as a halfback for maybe 10-15 plays a game. During these plays the Tebow is either a runner, thrower or decoy. I actually think Tebow could be pretty effective in this role. He doesn't throw well enough to play every down at QB but he throws better than most halfbacks who try a halfback option and he's obviously a good runner with designed plays.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote