The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #426
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,900

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Picking the Jets as the team he wanted to be traded to must have been gods fault.
I'd say it was the lesser of two evils - Jacksonville coaching flat did not want him it was ownership that was pressuring them to make an offer.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #427
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,784

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I'd say it was the lesser of two evils - Jacksonville coaching flat did not want him it was ownership that was pressuring them to make an offer.
Rex clearly wanted him to sit on the bench bad.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #428
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Especially when Mark Sanchez played as badly as he did last year, and Tebow still couldn't win the job.......but that's not a fail to Tebow fans
It'a a fail. Big deal. Didn't happen for him.

Why is people thirst so much for some kind of declaration of failure about Tebow?

I've followed football all my life, pro and college. The vast, vast majority of the time, my team didn't win like I wanted. Most recruits don't take over the world. Most pro prospects don't become a Peyton Manning. Most teams I follow actually shuffle guys through (if you take the long view). This game offers a few moments of unfiltered joy, surrounded by many many moments of wishes, hopes, followed by unfulfilled goals.

Trust me -- I think Tebow fans are more realistic than you think. You're just determined to lump together, go by what you read on the internet, and not "count" any that seem remotely reasonable. Because by definition, they must not be "real" Tebow fans.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #429
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I'd say it was the lesser of two evils - Jacksonville coaching flat did not want him it was ownership that was pressuring them to make an offer.
In Jacksonville's defense, they have Blaine Gabbert. So they're all set.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #430
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
This feels a whole lot better. I'm hoping the toxin dissipates quite a bit and people can just enjoy football as it relates to Tebow.

People want to minimize it, but a huge part of the Tebow story is he was behind very frustrating, basically infuriating FAILs at quarterback. Kyle Orton would have been in a quarterback controversy if Terrell Pryor was behind him.
No he just sucks
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #431
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Nuk Nuk Nuk Woob Woob Woob
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #432
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Went to nfl.com and I really think the whole Tebow circus is on the media more than anyone else. It seems like half the stories/videos on the front page are about Tebow. I like Tebow, but he's the Pats third QB ffs...
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #433
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,228

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I'd say it was the lesser of two evils - Jacksonville coaching flat did not want him it was ownership that was pressuring them to make an offer.
Thank god he didn't miss out on that magical season he endured in NYC last year.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #434
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
It'a a fail. Big deal. Didn't happen for him.

It is a big deal....see moderately talented QB's drafted in the 5th round who fail in the NFL are the norm (See Orton, Kyle), but a 1st rounder with the collegiate pedigree Tebow had? It makes the fail more noticeable.

Why is people thirst so much for some kind of declaration of failure about Tebow?

Just like Orton going 3-10 brought it out, so does numerous people who spout off conspiracy theories of teams not playing him due to $$$ or fear of breaking records, or coaches who were stupid, the trashing of Tebow's team mates, etc.

I've been on these boards since 2001 and we've never had the kind of venom spewed by people on here during the Griese years, the Jake years or the Cutler years as I have witnessed people spewing since Tebow was drafted like wishing someone would take a crowbar to Orton's knees and head so he could start, the hypothetical scenario of how good the Broncos would be with Elway and Fox dying in a plane crash and Tebow becomes the starter etc. is what brings out the need for feeling vindicated.


I mean look at how people are acting now that he has been signed....all of a sudden he'll vindicate their faith in him when the truth is he'll probably not make the team barring a complete and total collapse by Mallett


I've followed football all my life, pro and college. The vast, vast majority of the time, my team didn't win like I wanted. Most recruits don't take over the world. Most pro prospects don't become a Peyton Manning. Most teams I follow actually shuffle guys through (if you take the long view). This game offers a few moments of unfiltered joy, surrounded by many many moments of wishes, hopes, followed by unfulfilled goals.

OK...not sure what your point was here...but I agree not every QB prospect can become a Peyton Manning...and Tebow is definitely one of those who can't. I'm afraid he can't even become Alex Smith.

Trust me -- I think Tebow fans are more realistic than you think. You're just determined to lump together, go by what you read on the internet, and not "count" any that seem remotely reasonable. Because by definition, they must not be "real" Tebow fans.

amazing because I liked the drafting of Tebow based on his accomplishments in college, his intense work ethic, his high character, and because having many friends who watched him at UF said he'd be awesome. I had a wait and see attitude about him at first......

however upon voicing my concerns about his ability to become what we all hoped he would become, I was lumped in with those who hated him because he was a Christian, or because he beat their favorite college team in a bowl game etc. as a "hater"



in bold
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #435
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,629

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Went to nfl.com and I really think the whole Tebow circus is on the media more than anyone else. It seems like half the stories/videos on the front page are about Tebow. I like Tebow, but he's the Pats third QB ffs...
Not this **** again. If it weren't for teblowers the media wouldn't give a ****.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #436
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
In Jacksonville's defense, they have Blaine Gabbert. So they're all set.
and the Jets had Mark Sanchez who despite coming off a mediocre season was just a year removed from his 2nd consecutive AFCCG appearance....

Tebow's people probably told him the Jets coaching staff was more sincere about him actually seeing the field.

He should have went to Jacksonville because his legion of fans would have been even more rabid and even more vocal than they were in Denver....and because he still showed some promise with his helping Denver overcome a 1-4 start and make the playoffs it wouldn't have been long before he'd have been named starter.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #437
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I'd say it was the lesser of two evils - Jacksonville coaching flat did not want him it was ownership that was pressuring them to make an offer.

Despite his flaws as a passer, Tebow is a PR's wet dream....he'd put asses in the seats in Jacksonville. Local boy makes good, etc....not to mention only an hour away from Gainesville, FL

Two seasons of sold out games hoping he'd get in the game would have been worth overriding the coaching staff if I were the owner.....most teams keep 1 or 2 one dimensional developmental players on their roster anyways.

Last edited by errand; 06-12-2013 at 07:24 PM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #438
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,900

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Despite his flaws as a passer, Tebow is a PR's wet dream....he'd put asses in the seats in Jacksonville. Local boy makes good, etc....not to mention only an hour away from Gainesville, FL

Two seasons of sold out games hoping he'd get in the game would have been worth overriding the coaching staff if I were the owner.....most teams keep 1 or 2 one dimensional developmental players on their roster anyways.
Except it was Tebow that made the choice and he chose the Jets as he should have. Why go to a team where none of the coaches want you, where you are basically a circus freak there to sell tickets only. Not much of a choice he had jets or jags Oh My.

I had always felt his best shot was to be reunited with McD so I am happy for a really special man, he deserves his shot and with NE I have hope he will get it.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #439
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,784

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Except it was Tebow that made the choice and he chose the Jets as he should have. Why go to a team where none of the coaches want you, where you are basically a circus freak there to sell tickets only. Not much of a choice he had jets or jags Oh My.
Dude, Woody Johnson was the only one in the Jets organization who wanted him, as seen by the overwhelming amount of time and creativity the Jets coaches spent trying to use him (almost zero), And Rex Ryan's continued insistance that Sanchez was his guy even when he was playing QB at a high school level.

At least in Jax Tebow would have been a hero. In NY he truly was nothing but a circus monkey there to sell tix and for the NY media to throw rocks at to sell papers.

The scenario you are describing is the absolute opposite of what happened. The Jets were absolutely the greater of two evils from the getgo, I can't even see how you can argue it any other way. I will never understand why he made that choice.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #440
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Dude, Woody Johnson was the only one in the Jets organization who wanted him, as seen by the overwhelming amount of time and creativity the Jets coaches spent trying to use him (almost zero), And Rex Ryan's continued insistance that Sanchez was his guy even when he was playing QB at a high school level.

At least in Jax Tebow would have been a hero. In NY he truly was nothing but a circus monkey there to sell tix and for the NY media to throw rocks at to sell papers.

The scenario you are describing is the absolute opposite of what happened. The Jets were absolutely the greater of two evils from the getgo, I can't even see how you can argue it any other way. I will never understand why he made that choice.
Has it occurred to you that the Jaguar coaches were simply more honest with him than that human **** stain called Rex Ryan?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #441
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,900

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Dude, Woody Johnson was the only one in the Jets organization who wanted him, as seen by the overwhelming amount of time and creativity the Jets coaches spent trying to use him (almost zero), And Rex Ryan's continued insistance that Sanchez was his guy even when he was playing QB at a high school level.

At least in Jax Tebow would have been a hero. In NY he truly was nothing but a circus monkey there to sell tix and for the NY media to throw rocks at to sell papers.

The scenario you are describing is the absolute opposite of what happened. The Jets were absolutely the greater of two evils from the getgo, I can't even see how you can argue it any other way. I will never understand why he made that choice.
Well clearly you are wrong just because I say so.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:15 PM   #442
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,528

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
So you're assuming he's already starting to regret the decision rather than simply setting boundaries with the retards in the media? It's interesting the way people interpret things...
No, I'm assuming nothing.... my post merely notes facts already in evidence (Belichick did take an attitude of impatience with questions regarding Tebow). And I don't look for him to welcome further 24/7 Tebow coverage in the future; there's nothing in his past dealings with the media that would lead to the conclusion that he might. When the time comes to make roster cuts, then we'll know via his actions whether or not he regrets the decision. He'll either retain Tebow - or he'll bid him farewell with little to no loss of investment value from the venture.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:05 AM   #443
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,409

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Karlos Dansby
Default

razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:13 AM   #444
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Blegh, hard to do one of those "multi-point" exchanges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
It is a big deal....see moderately talented QB's drafted in the 5th round who fail in the NFL are the norm (See Orton, Kyle), but a 1st rounder with the collegiate pedigree Tebow had? It makes the fail more noticeable.
Well, let's not head off into a side discussion on the semantics of what a "big deal" is. You said it's not a fail to Tebow fans, I said it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I've been on these boards since 2001 and we've never had the kind of venom spewed by people on here during the Griese years, the Jake years or the Cutler years as I have witnessed people spewing since Tebow was drafted like wishing someone would take a crowbar to Orton's knees and head so he could start, the hypothetical scenario of how good the Broncos would be with Elway and Fox dying in a plane crash and Tebow becomes the starter etc. is what brings out the need for feeling vindicated.
It seems like you hold onto that, cultivating the memory of a few internet posts here and there. It's not representative. Crow bars? Plan crashes? How often can you relive some posts that scarred you, even when just the topic at hand is Tebow signing with a new team? Don't you see how it comes across as just as obsessed?


Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I mean look at how people are acting now that he has been signed....all of a sudden he'll vindicate their faith in him when the truth is he'll probably not make the team barring a complete and total collapse by Mallett
I don't know what to look at. You mean here in this thread? I think you're imagining more "vindication" than is there. It's a journey. He's a third string QB not likely to play any time soon, even in the best possible scenarios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
OK...not sure what your point was here...but I agree not every QB prospect can become a Peyton Manning...and Tebow is definitely one of those who can't. I'm afraid he can't even become Alex Smith.
The point is, you said Tebow not going in and being named the starter in New York was "not a fail" to Tebow fans, and I said it was. But the nature of the game is filled with all sorts of let downs and or things that don't go like you wish, but nobody goes around going "I hereby declare that was a fail." Peyton **** the bed in overtime last year -- it happens. Not everybody sings a chorus of fail at the same time, in the same way. But everybody knows the end of that game is probably a major let down for him, for his fans, for everyone. You just tend to move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
however upon voicing my concerns about his ability to become what we all hoped he would become, I was lumped in with those who hated him because he was a Christian, or because he beat their favorite college team in a bowl game etc. as a "hater"
It does come across that you feel personally wronged somehow, and you desire some kind of make-up for how you were personally treated on the internet. That rarely happens. Best to let it go as it relates to your own sense of persecution.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #445
bronco militia
Ring of Famer
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,251
Default

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #446
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,363

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Not this **** again. If it weren't for teblowers the media wouldn't give a ****.
this is not true. I work in media. It's just as much his haters, if not more. It's the whole thing. Many of you that hate tebow don't realize YOU ARE DOING EXACTLY WHAT YOU ACCUSE THE TEBOWNERS of doing.


The truth is the circus is BOTH sides. And both sides are WRONG. He is not as bad as the haters say, and not as good as the boners say.


It really is that simple. He has done well enough to deserve a chance, more of a chance than he has gotten. That is fact.

Will he revolutionize the game? No? Is he amazing? No. Should he have been benched while Sanchez set the team back 59 years? No

Last edited by OABB; 06-13-2013 at 10:44 AM..
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #447
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Not this **** again. If it weren't for teblowers the media wouldn't give a ****.
THIS.

There is a market for the stories. That's why the stories exist. The tail is not wagging the dog.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #448
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,784

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Has it occurred to you that the Jaguar coaches were simply more honest with him than that human **** stain called Rex Ryan?
Honestly, I don't think he had the time or the ability to talk to either coaching staff. I think his decision was purely made based on New York being a bigger stage for him to get his message out.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #449
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
THIS.

There is a market for the stories. That's why the stories exist. The tail is not wagging the dog.
But the stories are read, and watched, by people who are not "teblowers." That's the inexplicable, unique fact about Tebow: even people who can't stand him are for some reason interested in him (even if only slightly). The internet hits are there from all sides -- fans, casual observers, and "haters." Look at the comments below the average Tebow article. They come out in force.

I went over to a Pats forum (easiest way to keep up with what's going on). I registered so I could easily click in to where I left off on a thread. But I didn't intend to post. Well, it turns out they've locked down posting from new accounts. SMART MOVE in my opinion. I don't know how long it will last, but right now only old-timers can post.

And here's the thing -- they have multiple threads, huge numbers of pages, and the back-and-forth looks just like it does here and everywhere. Among existing, long time Pats fans, there is still the interest level and desire to debate about a third string quarterback at his third stop, playing behind one of the best of all time, and arguably the hottest #2 in the league.

It can't be explained away with the simple "Tebow fans are horrible. It's them." There's something fascinating going on that can't be fit neatly in any explanation.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:52 AM   #450
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I just checked again -- the main Tebow thread at the Pats board is 86 pages long, with 847 posts since Monday.

That's with only existing Pats forum members (prior to the signing), and that's in addition to several other long threads about other angles.

Come on, people! This is something weird happening in our lifetime. Enjoy it.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:01 AM.


Denver Broncos