The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #401
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
As opposed to others who trumpeted the collective intelligence of NFL Front Offices ensuring us that Tim Tebow would never land a job?
No one was exactly "beating down his door" the minute he was made available. It remains a fact that for a QB who cannot consistently put the football where it needs to be, it's N(ot) F(or) L(ong). I'm personally not convinced he will still be on their roster by opening day... not with Belichick already showing impatience with media questions about him on the first day he was there.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #402
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
As opposed to others who trumpeted the collective intelligence of NFL Front Offices ensuring us that Tim Tebow would never land a job?
I'm sure they meant a starter's gig, but feel free to soothe your butthurt by thinking he's still some great QB....

I think most of us who had issues with his QB play didn't really care if he landed a job or not, as long as it wasn't in Denver....but dreaded having to read the laughable conspiracy theories and retarded takes of his potential to revolutionize the QB position forever by you and your clown posse being reinvigorated if he did land a job.

Last edited by errand; 06-12-2013 at 04:47 PM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:46 PM   #403
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
No one was exactly "beating down his door" the minute he was made available. It remains a fact that for a QB who cannot consistently put the football where it needs to be, it's N(ot) F(or) L(ong). I'm personally not convinced he will still be on their roster by opening day... not with Belichick already showing impatience with media questions about him on the first day he was there.

The player will hold the clip board and silence himself.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #404
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Does a 3rd stringer even get to hold the clipboard? I'm thinking clipboard-holding is Mallett's job...
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #405
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Does a 3rd stringer even get to hold the clipboard? I'm thinking clipboard-holding is Mallett's job...

well, back in the day the 2nd stringer wore the baseball cap while the 3rd stringer held the clipboard and fetched the coach gatorade......
Old 06-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #406
Bmore Manning

Quote:
I only hope he takes away a valueable roster spot from New England.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #407
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I'm sure they meant a starter's gig, but feel free to soothe your butthurt by thinking he's still some great QB....
Is that what we're revising it to? The 1,000 times I read "if he's an NFL caliber player, why hasn't anyone signed him?" We're now supposed to to a memory wipe and pretend that all those times it was about whether some team was going to sign him and start him after he was cut.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #408
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I only hope he takes away a valueable roster spot from New England.
This ^ and i hope they pull Brady off the field as well!!!
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #409
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Is that what we're revising it to? The 1,000 times I read "if he's an NFL caliber player, why hasn't anyone signed him?" We're now supposed to to a memory wipe and pretend that all those times it was about whether some team was going to sign him and start him after he was cut.

They can stash him away on the PS and use him as preparation for option/pistol attack offenses.. San Fran and Seattle.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #410
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:

yeah, you're right...few if any believed he would be signed as a starter.

welcome to the scrap heap Timmy......
Old 06-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #411
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
They can stash him away on the PS and use him as preparation for option/pistol attack offenses.. San Fran and Seattle.
That sounds plausible, except guys like RGIII, Kaepernick, and Wilson are adequately able to present the threat of throwing the ball......
Old 06-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #412
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
yeah, you're right...few if any believed he would be signed as a starter.

welcome to the scrap heap Timmy......

Where he is is where he should have been from the beginning, learning behind a solid starter for a couple of years(in the present case a HOF QB)

He never got the opportunity that a Brock Osweiler is getting even though many felt he earned that opportunity for his amazing season when he took over for Orton

Last edited by baja; 06-12-2013 at 05:20 PM..
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #413
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Attachment 32428

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 10-18-2013 at 05:23 PM..
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #414
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

Quote:
Bro, I think your on to something there..
I don't think he is eligible for the PS though
And why not just have a RB line up at qb if you feel you must spend time defending the read option?

As a runner Ridley offers so much more, probably offers more as a passer to
Br0nc0Buster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #415
Jay3

Quote:
Where he is is where he should have been from the beginning, learning behind a solid starter for a couple of years(in the present case a HOF QB)

He never got the opportunity that a Brock Osweiler is getting even though many felt he earned that opportunity for his amazing season when he took over for Orton

This feels a whole lot better. I'm hoping the toxin dissipates quite a bit and people can just enjoy football as it relates to Tebow.

People want to minimize it, but a huge part of the Tebow story is he was behind very frustrating, basically infuriating FAILs at quarterback. Kyle Orton would have been in a quarterback controversy if Terrell Pryor was behind him.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #416
Agamemnon

Quote:
So you're assuming he's already starting to regret the decision rather than simply setting boundaries with the retards in the media? It's interesting the way people interpret things...
Old 06-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #417
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Maybe he would have been better off to have gone to a team with a very good to great QB and sit and learn.....but unfortunately for him he didn't.

But also keep in mind when the Broncos were pursuing Manning, he stated the starter's job was yanked out his hands...and of course the flak the Broncos had to endure from the Bieber-esque fans of his who felt their hero was ****ed without being kissed....so I'm not too sure he'd want to be placed in such a scenario.

I'm sorry but I still believe his adoring fans will find some way to sabotage even that.....they'll call in to radio shows b****ing about why he's not starting (or being utilized at the least) because Brady threw two INTs....or the Patriots fail to convert on 3rd and goal and have to settle for a FG.....or Tom has a rare off day....etc.

And if he were to start or even see the field, and plays poorly (because he isn't very accurate) their laminated excuse chart of bad coaching, poor support from his team mates, or yet another coaching staff that failed to develop an offense around his "unique" and "special" skill set will be all we'll hear....again.

It'll be a never ending whine fest because the guy they think can revolutionize the QB position forever is being intentionally sabotaged by yet another coach who is stupid (I think that's Excuse #3 or #4, maybe Beavis can enlighten us)
Old 06-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #418
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
This feels a whole lot better. I'm hoping the toxin dissipates quite a bit and people can just enjoy football as it relates to Tebow.

People want to minimize it, but a huge part of the Tebow story is he was behind very frustrating, basically infuriating FAILs at quarterback. Kyle Orton would have been in a quarterback controversy if Terrell Pryor was behind him.
I think the vast majority of Broncos fans are enjoying football without Tebow.....and you're probably right that Orton would be involved in a QB controversy no matter who was behind him, but you leave off the fact that Tim still wouldn't be able to beat anyone else out (Orton, Sanchez, or even Pryor) in training camp.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #419
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

Yet he still couldn't Carpe Diem. Failing to beat out fails is a failure in itself. I never thought he won the job here, but rather given to him once the FO realized how bad Orton really was.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #420
lolcopter

Old 06-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #421
Jay3

Quote:
I think the vast majority of Broncos fans are enjoying football without Tebow.....and you're probably right that Orton would be involved in a QB controversy no matter who was behind him, but you leave off the fact that Tim still wouldn't be able to beat anyone else out (Orton, Sanchez, or even Pryor) in training camp.
Maybe not -- but they're splitting the first team reaps for Geno Smith an Sanchez, bending over backwards to try and be able to say its Geno. A rookie pick is someone you bring along with a plan. Rare is the case that a guy fresh out of college is going to look better than a veteran. My point is that Tebow is not the first quarterback where onlookers wanted to get on with it and give the reps for development -- guys like Orton bring about that feeling. (And be honest -- there were a lot, not a little, a lot of people saying that Orton could be the future here. They were wrong. Which is okay, but the supposed furor about Tebow had a lot to do with a 3-13 season that was very frustrating).

Pryor? I'd be taking wild guess about him. I think you're taking a wild guess, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you've gathered some good information about his abilities at the NFL level.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #422
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Good for Tebow; I think he will do well in that organization.

Tebow is very coachable, it's not his fault he ended up on the dysfunctional Jets. He will get back on track in NE
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #423
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Tebow is very coachable, it's not his fault he ended up on the dysfunctional Jets.
wat
Old 06-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #424
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Yet he still couldn't Carpe Diem. Failing to beat out fails is a failure in itself. I never thought he won the job here, but rather given to him once the FO realized how bad Orton really was.
Especially when Mark Sanchez played as badly as he did last year, and Tebow still couldn't win the job.......but that's not a fail to Tebow fans
Old 06-12-2013, 06:20 PM   #425
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
wat
Picking the Jets as the team he wanted to be traded to must have been gods fault.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote