The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #376
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
It almost looks like he's nailed to a cross or something.
POW POW!

you are going to burn for that one
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #377
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
POW POW!

you are going to burn for that one
Just put it on my tab, Jesus.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #378
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
It's pretty laughable isn't it? Let's blame a guy who barely even saw the field for a team full of bums and incompetents sucking. Totally makes sense...
Tebow's so bad he ruined Rex Ryan's defense.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #379
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post

OK. So Tebow MADE Sanchez worse and totally ****s up every locker room he touches. It's hilarious that you actually believe the **** you type. So MARK SANCHEZ has nothing to do with how bad MARK SANCHEZ sucks. It's always someone else's fault? No personal accountability?

Another thing......if Tebow sucks so bad, why would that put pressure on Sanchez?? Sanchez should be totally comfortable that Tebow can't possibly take the starting job, because he sucks so bad right?? So why the PRESSURE??

We'll see if your brilliant theory holds up. By your account......Tebow will totally **** up the Patriot locker room (cause, well, that IS what he does, right?).....and he'll make Brady a worse quarterback.....cause, well, that IS what Tebow does, right?. He ****s up locker rooms and makes starting QB's worse.

As I said, we all agree that Tebow is a very below average QB (I'll even throw you another bone, and say he "sucks" at the QB position)......but your premise that he's a destroyer of locker rooms, and a killer of starting QB's confidence? Comical.
Do you remember what happened to Jake Plummer when Denver drafted Jay Cutler? Do you really not believe that Jake fell apart over having Jay Cutler on the team? Orton wasn't a good player, but having Tebow around made him unravel even more. Same with Sanchez. Compare his 2011 season with his 2012 season. So yes bringing in the media circus (Tebow) that magnifies the pressure when you know you have a weak minded QB at best is a recipe for failure. If you going to do something like this to your starting QB you should at least bring in someone that is capable of replacing him once he fails.

Brady won't be made worse by having Teblow on the roster, the TEAM will be hurt though. The media pressure will be too great for them not to feel the heat of having Tebow around. As is I don't think Tebow even makes the the team. He isn't worth keeping around as a 3rd string QB, I doubt he makes it at TE, leaving his only real chance as a gimmick player. Do you really think Brady is going to be OK with being taken off the field?

Honestly I don't think you get how big of ego's players have and how guys like Tebow will rub them the wrong way.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #380
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Professional athletes. Handle with care.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #381
bombay
Ring of Famer

http://deadspin.com/espn-mentioned-t...utes-512618294

espn said Tebow 137 times in a two hour period yesterday.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #382
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post

They are going to have to do better than that if they want to keep up with the fatblog.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #383
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Do you remember what happened to Jake Plummer when Denver drafted Jay Cutler? Do you really not believe that Jake fell apart over having Jay Cutler on the team? Orton wasn't a good player, but having Tebow around made him unravel even more. Same with Sanchez. Compare his 2011 season with his 2012 season. So yes bringing in the media circus (Tebow) that magnifies the pressure when you know you have a weak minded QB at best is a recipe for failure. If you going to do something like this to your starting QB you should at least bring in someone that is capable of replacing him once he fails.
I do agree that those guys folded. But the responsibility of the downfalls of the QBs you cite, can't be put squarely on the shoulders of the backups that were brought in. Either a guy welcomes competition and focuses.....or he has a sh*t fit that the organization DARE bring in competition, and he folds. Every one of your examples showed where the guy folded.....but that isn't the case with ALL QBs.

Why didn't Brady freak out when the Pats drafted O'Connell with a 3rd round pick a few years back, the same way Plummer freaked when we drafted Cutler? Some guys are secure/confident in their abilities.....others aren't.

Therein lies the difference between you and me. You see Plummer fold, and you blame Cutler. I blame Plummer......just like I blame Sanchez. They both ultimately proved themselves unable to handle competition. Weak. They SHOULD have taken it as an opportunity to prove the coaches that they should remain the clear-cut starters. Instead......pouting and decline in play is what you got.

Quote:
Brady won't be made worse by having Teblow on the roster, the TEAM will be hurt though. The media pressure will be too great for them not to feel the heat of having Tebow around.
I disagree. I actually think that with the way Belly handles the media.....the Pats could adapt to that.

Quote:
As is I don't think Tebow even makes the the team.
Agreed. I just don't see a fit for him on the Patriots. Other teams.....different story.

Quote:
He isn't worth keeping around as a 3rd string QB
Again, for the Patriots....I agree. For other teams, he could help. But you're right. Why take Brady out on a goal line situation, when he (Brady) is already one of the best. There simply isn't a benefit, or upside, to doing it.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #384
BroncoBeavis

Quote:

Brady won't be made worse by having Teblow on the roster, the TEAM will be hurt though. The media pressure will be too great for them not to feel the heat of having Tebow around. As is I don't think Tebow even makes the the team. He isn't worth keeping around as a 3rd string QB, I doubt he makes it at TE, leaving his only real chance as a gimmick player. Do you really think Brady is going to be OK with being taken off the field?

Honestly I don't think you get how big of ego's players have and how guys like Tebow will rub them the wrong way.
So what you're saying is Teebs screwed the Jets by not letting their weak-minded QB lead them to an inevitable Super Bowl title.

And you're making way to much out of 2011. Dirty **** the bed many times that season, especially down the stretch.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #385
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #386
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

"Belichick to reporters: Iím not giving minute-by-minute Tebow news"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...te-tebow-news/
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #387
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

And you're making way to much out of 2011. Dirty **** the bed many times that season, especially down the stretch.

This is true. Going 0-3 down the stretch and that last game was hilarious. Holmes almost getting into a fight in the huddle. Sanchez throwing 3 picks. Schottenhiemer was getting heat that year but it was Sanchez who was starting to crumble. Probably a reason why they went looking for a QB. And the one they found didnt look anything like they thought he would.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 06-12-2013 at 12:55 PM..
Old 06-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #388
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Tebow to get IRS audit

Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #389
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #390
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I do agree that those guys folded. But the responsibility of the downfalls of the QBs you cite, can't be put squarely on the shoulders of the backups that were brought in. Either a guy welcomes competition and focuses.....or he has a sh*t fit that the organization DARE bring in competition, and he folds. Every one of your examples showed where the guy folded.....but that isn't the case with ALL QBs.

Why didn't Brady freak out when the Pats drafted O'Connell with a 3rd round pick a few years back, the same way Plummer freaked when we drafted Cutler? Some guys are secure/confident in their abilities.....others aren't.

Therein lies the difference between you and me. You see Plummer fold, and you blame Cutler. I blame Plummer......just like I blame Sanchez. They both ultimately proved themselves unable to handle competition. Weak. They SHOULD have taken it as an opportunity to prove the coaches that they should remain the clear-cut starters. Instead......pouting and decline in play is what you got.

I disagree. I actually think that with the way Belly handles the media.....the Pats could adapt to that.

Agreed. I just don't see a fit for him on the Patriots. Other teams.....different story.

Again, for the Patriots....I agree. For other teams, he could help. But you're right. Why take Brady out on a goal line situation, when he (Brady) is already one of the best. There simply isn't a benefit, or upside, to doing it.
what other teams? Nobody wanted him.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #391
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Maybe, maybe not.

I find it hard to believe that Brady's ego is so fragile, that he'll get upset because Tebow gets more microphone-time than him.

At this point in his career, do you really think Brady is clamoring for more media attention?

I don't necessarily agree that that will be uber-bothersome to someone like Brady.

Maybe it will though.
It's my opinion that Brady has a healthy ego... and that the 24/7 Tebow coverage by the media has the potential to "try his patience". It will be interesting to watch it all play out from a perspective of "it's all good; I hate the Pats".

The amusing thought that occurs to me is... will deluded Tebowfan (Pats edition) assert that Brady's afraid of Tebow breaking his records if he ever got playing time? And trumpeting the existence of the grand NFL conspiracy, now extending to encompass a third team and HC...
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #392
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
It's my opinion that Brady has a healthy ego... and that the 24/7 Tebow coverage by the media has the potential to "try his patience". It will be interesting to watch it all play out from a perspective of "it's all good; I hate the Pats".

The amusing thought that occurs to me is... will deluded Tebowfan (Pats edition) assert that Brady's afraid of Tebow breaking his records if he ever got playing time? And trumpeting the existence of the grand NFL conspiracy, now extending to encompass a third team and HC...

The shine is off of Tebow somewhat. It will be a lot more mellow in NE, this being his third team and him backing up a top qb in Brady.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:50 PM   #393
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
The shine is off of Tebow somewhat. It will be a lot more mellow in NE, this being his third team and him backing up a top qb in Brady.
Maybe... but it sure looks to me like the media's still 100% obsessed with a "tarnished Tebow".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis
So what you're saying is Teebs screwed the Jets
So Tebow = "Teebs"...
Justin Bieber is commonly called "The Beebs"...

Perhaps it isn't so farfetched after all to refer to Tebowmania.... as "Bieber-esque"..
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #394
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

This is a good test for Mallets psyche and the Pats get a free body to practice read option against.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #395
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Pats get a free body to practice read option against.
Bro, I think your on to something there..
Old 06-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #396
Drunken.Broncoholic

Like they always say, if you can't beat em join em.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #397
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
And trumpeting the existence of the grand NFL conspiracy, now extending to encompass a third team and HC...
As opposed to others who trumpeted the collective intelligence of NFL Front Offices ensuring us that Tim Tebow would never land a job?
Old 06-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #398
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
As opposed to others who trumpeted the collective intelligence of NFL Front Offices ensuring us that Tim Tebow would never land a job?
Teams were sure banging down the door for his services..
Old 06-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #399
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Bro, I think your on to something there..
That is all the Pats fans think his there for. They don't carry 3 QBs so unless they change that this year he is fighting for Mallets spot.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #400
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Reading all these posts about how Jake played when Broncos drafted Cutler and how Orton played when Broncos drafted Tebow, and how Sanchez played when Jets acquired Tebow.

The problem is none of them were or are great QB's...two of them had some success (Jake and Sanchez) but moderately tolerable to average QB's might not be able to perform well when they're constantly looking over their shoulders to see if the alleged "future" is warming up on the sidelines.......mainly because they're not "great".

Imagine you're a QB of their talent, and the alleged "franchise's future" is waiting in the wings with the fan base rabidly salivating for the future to start with every incompletion, failed 3rd down conversion, or turnover.......

not to mention organizing a plan to put up billboards and hearing yourself being trashed on the sportstalk radio shows by his adoring fans on your commute into work spinning their conspiracy theories of why a QB who can't throw a football accurately isn't starting at a position that requires him to be able to throw the ball accurately......

Not every guy is strong enough to not let it affect them. I'm sure few could perform under such scrutiny....the great ones can. Great QB's don't have to worry about some scrub....

Having said that I don't think Tebow personally tears apart a locker room as he's a great person, a PR man's wet dream, and a team player....I don't think he can be a legit QB in the NFL....but he's not a cancer.

I do however think his adoring fans and their running their mouths about his alleged greatness, and threats to put up billboards, and chanting his name coupled the media's infatuation with him where they interview him instead of those who actually played in the game could potentially cause bad chemistry

As for how he'll do in New England?

Only an idiot would ever think a head coach who wants to win a SB would take a Hall of Fame QB like Brady off the field to put some clown who struggles to throw the ball 15 yards on the field especially when the team is in scoring position.....but then again we had clowns on here advocating the same mind numbing bull**** when the Broncos were pursuing Manning.

If this move blows up in the Patriots face like it did the Jet's, it would not be because Tebow is a cancerous kind of guy, but rather he simply hasn't proven he can play the QB position at a moderately tolerable level yet and his adoring legion of fans like Beavis and the rest will make his being on the team unbearable.

But if history is a true reference that won't stop them from claiming his career is being sabotaged by the coaching staff, the playcalling or his team mates and he's being denied his destiny to be great.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote