The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #326
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
TT made the Jets worse, that is my point. Sorry you can't comprehend that.
If they had used him properly (eg, near the GL and in short-yardage situations), it would have improved the team. The Jets forcing their own hand with the Sanchez extension and the misuse of Tebow (relegating him to a media magnet) made the Jets worse. I'm not one of the bigger Tebow fanguys, but he didn't make the Jets worse. The Jets' collective dysfunction made the Jets worse.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #327
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
If you can show me some game tape on this I'll concede, and I mean significant game tape where TT actually, yah know, played more than one snap.
Mark Sanchez is a product of USC filth. So he needs to be coddled fondled and stroked. He needs the assurance of ownerships coaching staffs fans etc in order to function as a QB. Without it, he ends up running straight into asses. So it's no surprise his balls shriveled up much like his game by tebow being a threat to his position. Rexy has to tat himself up and re assure Sanchez was the starter simply so Sanchez could try to function as a QB. People regard how impressive Tebows one home playoff win yet Sanchez road playoff wins are 3xs as much. That doesn't make Sanchez a great player IMO, but it does put Tebows win in perspective. Sanchez sucks. Sanchez REALLY sucks with no re assurance.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #328
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Many Bronco players feel differently than a lot of you;

im Tebow hasn't thrown a pass for the Broncos since a short fourth-and-goal attempt did not find Eddie Royal's hands with 7:25 remaining in a 45-10 playoff loss to the New England Patriots in January of 2012. Despite that, there are many Broncos happy to see Tebow get another NFL opportunity.
The Patriots, with former Broncos coach Josh McDaniels on staff as the team's offensive coordinator, signed Tebow to a two-year deal that includes no guaranteed money. Tebow took part in the team's minicamp practice Tuesday.
"Good for him," Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey said. "One thing I know about being on the street is you hear guys saying you never know where you're going to end up. There's uncertainty. I'm just happy for him
PHOTOS: TIM TEBOW WITH THE PATRIOTS

View more photos of Tebow with the Patriots.
that he got on a team, and he can go out there and do what he can to make the team."
Tebow's wild ride with the Broncos began when McDaniels made him the 25th pick of the 2010 draft and ended with a nine-of-26 passing performance in the divisional round playoff loss to the Patriots to close out the 2011 season. Tebow was sacked five times in that game, rushed for 13 yards and suffered a rib injury.
Before that was a six-game winning streak and a wild-card victory over the Steelers. Tebow was traded to the New York Jets after the Broncos signed Peyton Manning in March of 2012. The Jets released Tebow April 29.
"He's had some ups and downs over the years," Broncos wide receiver Eric Decker said. "It's exciting for him to get another opportunity. I'm happy for him. He's an unbelievable competitor and a good teammate and I'm excited to see what he can do in New England.
"From my experience with him he was a good guy, a hard worker and just a good teammate. That's all you can ask for in the locker room. A guy that will bust his butt on the field and in the weight room and is going to be respectful amongst everybody."
The perpetually tight-lipped Bill Belichick was non-committal about Tebow's potential

Newly-signed New England quarterback Tim Tebow talks to a mass of reporters after practice Tuesday. (Brian Snyder, Reuters)
role in New England's offense at a brief, but well-attended press gathering Tuesday in Foxborough, Mass., before Tebow's first workout with the team.Tebow gave a brief statement, but didn't take any questions from the crowd of media.
"I really can't speak too much about who and where he is now," Broncos coach John Fox said. "I can just speak to the experience we had with him. He did a tremendous job for the Broncos, for me as the head coach and our whole coaching staff and his teammates."
Bailey added: "He's a classy guy. He's hard-working, and he's going to do everything you ask him to do. That's really all you can ask from a young player.
"He's still learning how to play in this league. I'm sure they'll figure out ways to get the most out of him."
Jeff Legwold: jlegwold@denverpost.com or twitter.com/jeff_legwold

Read more: Broncos happy to see Tim Tebow get another NFL opportunity - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2Vxb7kZCx
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #329
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
For the love of god. He ****s up locker rooms!!! That is how he makes the team worse. The pressure of Tebow just being on the team made Sanchez even worse, which no one would have dreamed possible.

No team with Tebow on it in the NFL has won more then 8 games in a season. 4-12, 8-8, and 6-10. Countless anonymous players speak out about his poor abilities every year. This is what Tebow brings to the table as a team mate. That is every bit as dangerous to a locker room as signing a guy like T.O with less ability on the football field.

Show me one player that went through as many HC's or teams as Tebow in is his first 4 years in the NFL that had nothing to do with him as a player and I will concede that Tebow doesn't cause locker room riffs.
I know you want to blame TT for the jets' crappy season but the team's dysfunction was and is systemic. Drafting another head case at QB just reinforces this. The Broncos did not become a worse team because of TT and his locker room dynamic. I don't think you can prove this was the case with the jets either. That team had way more problems than just TT's presence. TT did not make the team anything more than what it already was, and he never got a chance to prove anything on the field because the coaching staff didn't know how to use him in goal line situations where he could have at least helped them score a TD. My point still stands, TT should have never been there to begin with.

It will be interesting to see what the pats do with TT. He's going into a stable situation and as much as I hate the pats, BB doesn't do things on a whim. He's got a plan. I don't know if TT is a good enough QB to execute that plan, but I do know that the pats are probably TT's best bet. The jets, not so much.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #330
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

It will be interesting to see what the pats do with TT. He's going into a stable situation and as much as I hate the pats, BB doesn't do things on a whim. He's got a plan. I don't know if TT is a good enough QB to execute that plan, but I do know that the pats are probably TT's best bet. The jets, not so much.
I don't think they have a solid plan. I think they are just feeling him out and seeing what could be possible. If they had a solid plan the contract would've looked different. He can be dumped before the season starts. In a time when it doesn't have to be 53 they can fiddle.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #331
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
For the love of god. He ****s up locker rooms!!! That is how he makes the team worse. The pressure of Tebow just being on the team made Sanchez even worse, which no one would have dreamed possible.

No team with Tebow on it in the NFL has won more then 8 games in a season. 4-12, 8-8, and 6-10. Countless anonymous players speak out about his poor abilities every year. This is what Tebow brings to the table as a team mate. That is every bit as dangerous to a locker room as signing a guy like T.O with less ability on the football field.

Show me one player that went through as many HC's or teams as Tebow in is his first 4 years in the NFL that had nothing to do with him as a player and I will concede that Tebow doesn't cause locker room riffs.
If TT was with the same team you might have a point. But TT was traded from the Broncos to the jets so your point makes no sense. TT has had 4 HCs since he was drafted but that is because McD got fired (not TT's fault) and the Broncos traded TT because of Manning (not TT's fault but I'm damn glad the Broncos did deal him away because of threads like this) and then he went to another team that cut him due to organizational changes (again, is this his fault as he should have never been there to begin with?). Now he's with another team that picked him up as a FA.

Listen, you are just pissing into the wind. I'm not a big TT fan and you can research this on the threads here on the mane, go ahead, make my day.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #332
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
If they had used him properly (eg, near the GL and in short-yardage situations), it would have improved the team. The Jets forcing their own hand with the Sanchez extension and the misuse of Tebow (relegating him to a media magnet) made the Jets worse. I'm not one of the bigger Tebow fanguys, but he didn't make the Jets worse. The Jets' collective dysfunction made the Jets worse.
The only proper way to use Tebow is to trade him to a team and watch the fireworks happen. Any coach that is dumb enough to pull the starting QB and slow down the starting O is a fool.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #333
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I don't think they have a solid plan. I think they are just feeling him out and seeing what could be possible. If they had a solid plan the contract would've looked different. He can be dumped before the season starts. In a time when it doesn't have to be 53 they can fiddle.
well then they've just straddled a media circus for no reason, albeit, with no guaranteed money up front. If there's one organization that is, well, secretive its the pats and I'm not so sure BB wants to deal more with the media than absolutely necessary.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #334
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Bring on the Billboards!!!

Brady is done cause Teblow will Revolutionize the QB position before his eyes!!!
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #335
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Any coach that is dumb enough to pull the starting QB and slow down the starting O is a fool.
not necessarily. You look at what TT did in the red zone be it at the NFL level or NCAA and then you look at Sanchez in the same situation. It probably would have been the opposite of foolish to let TT have a go near the GL.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #336
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #337
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
If TT was with the same team you might have a point. But TT was traded from the Broncos to the jets so your point makes no sense. TT has had 4 HCs since he was drafted but that is because McD got fired (not TT's fault) and the Broncos traded TT because of Manning (not TT's fault but I'm damn glad the Broncos did deal him away because of threads like this) and then he went to another team that cut him due to organizational changes (again, is this his fault as he should have never been there to begin with?). Now he's with another team that picked him up as a FA.

Listen, you are just pissing into the wind. I'm not a big TT fan and you can research this on the threads here on the mane, go ahead, make my day.
Yeah teams trade players they feel could be building blocks of the franchise all the time. McD wasted a 1st round pick on Tebow. That didn't help the team so yes Tebow is to blame for part of that. He brought a media circus to Denver and didn't do anything to control it. This is where TT is at fault. He causes the circus by continuing to talk to the media despite not being a starter. The media keeps pushing him to start even though he has NEVER earned a starting job. This creates friction in the locker room that will destroy a team like the Jets and piss off vets. \ You take TT out of the NFL then the circus dies with him. To not blame the CAUSE of the issue is retarded at best. The Jets will have a better season next year without Tebow.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #338
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
not necessarily. You look at what TT did in the red zone be it at the NFL level or NCAA and then you look at Sanchez in the same situation. It probably would have been the opposite of foolish to let TT have a go near the GL.
TT didn't convert one RZ play for a TD last year. I'm sure Mark did, and in 2011 Mark Sanchez had as many rushing TDs (6) as Tebow did with the Broncos. As is I hope to god the Pats take Brady off the field in the RZ. That will be so awesome to see.

If you look at the history of the NFL and let me know the last time a team had a different sub package for QB's and won the SB that would be great. History is on my side, Teams that run multiple QBs don't have a high success rate in the NFL. It slows timing down on offense and it creates QB controversies. I mean when is the last time you ever heard a team say, man that QB controversy really helped the team out?
Old 06-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #339
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
OMFG it's perfect
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #340
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
So... I'm watching Obama on CNN talking Live concerning this immigration bill... and then they cut away for another news alert.

Tebow going to the Pats.

Really? Did they really just do that...
The hills are alive... with the sound of suck it.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #341
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #342
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Yeah teams trade players they feel could be building blocks of the franchise all the time. McD wasted a 1st round pick on Tebow. That didn't help the team so yes Tebow is to blame for part of that. He brought a media circus to Denver and didn't do anything to control it. This is where TT is at fault. He causes the circus by continuing to talk to the media despite not being a starter. The media keeps pushing him to start even though he has NEVER earned a starting job. This creates friction in the locker room that will destroy a team like the Jets and piss off vets. \ You take TT out of the NFL then the circus dies with him. To not blame the CAUSE of the issue is retarded at best. The Jets will have a better season next year without Tebow.
um, well Cutler was traded by McD soooo perhaps this is more of a reason McD was fired than TT being drafted? And, winning a playoff game didn't help the Broncos? I get you don't like TT but you really are being unreasonable in your opinion of him. I'm glad TT is NOT a Bronco, so I guess we at least have that in common.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #343
Bmore Manning

How can any rational person think Tebow has a future at the QB position in the NFL? The guy was great in college, but his skill set does not bode well for the NFL period.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #344
Bmore Manning

Frankly I am sick of hearing about anything Brady or Patriot related, the bias and favoritism the Patriots receive drives me crazy. With Tebow there, I may avoid ESPN and NFL Network for awhile.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #345
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Frankly I am sick of hearing about anything Brady or Patriot related, the bias and favoritism the Patriots receive drives me crazy. With Tebow there, I may avoid ESPN and NFL Network for awhile.
They already had Trey Wingo and his cronies at their camp. Building a TV set as we speak.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:26 PM   #346
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
um, well Cutler was traded by McD soooo perhaps this is more of a reason McD was fired than TT being drafted? And, winning a playoff game didn't help the Broncos? I get you don't like TT but you really are being unreasonable in your opinion of him. I'm glad TT is NOT a Bronco, so I guess we at least have that in common.
Cutler the guy this board calls the coach killer? Yeah people really think highly of him. I've watch TT cause splits in two locker rooms and be involved in a QB controversy in back to back years. If that isn't cancer I don't know what is.

All Timmy had to do is refuse talking to the media till he earned the starting job. You know back up QB's can do that right? He feeds the media by talking with them. Pretty simple.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 06-11-2013 at 07:41 PM..
Old 06-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #347
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
They already had Trey Wingo and his cronies at their camp. Building a TV set as we speak.
CNN had BB press conference on TV!!! Talking about a third string QB gets a CNN break

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 06-11-2013 at 07:40 PM..
Old 06-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #348
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Hey Dad, pull my finger.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #349
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Lots of times a post gets called 'classic' but this is the standard for a classic post. AWESOME
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:18 PM   #350
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I have a bet with a guy at work who lives in Boston and is a huge Pats fan. He says that Tim Tebow will be a TE for the Patriots and catch at least one pass from Tom Brady - maybe it's even a touchdown.

I laughed. Yeah, right, I said. You have no idea what you're in for. Not only is Tebow NOT going to be a TE for you, but if for some chance it happens, by the time it does Tom Brady will hate him so much that he won't even look his way.

Easiest buck I'll ever win.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote