The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #1
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default Dan Graziano

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...-detroit-lions

Dude is talking in this video. What is this guy's reputation? Seemingly one of the most intelligent guys I've heard on ESPN in a while, granted I don't really watch ESPN anymore. Felt weird not listening to someone like Skip Bayless barf all over himself for the entire segment.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #2
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I can't stand the dumbing down of the Pre and Post Game shows on all the channels. They bring in all the "Me 1st" guys like Deion, Irvin, MeShawn among others and the broadcasts have devolved into talking over shouting matches along with hooting and hollering.

The thing I liked about ESPN is that they dressed up sports and made their broadcasts professional and refined even though at the end of the day they are only talking about sports.

I hope this trend ends and they go back to legit coverage.

Also STAY OFF MY LAWN!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I can't stand the dumbing down of the Pre and Post Game shows on all the channels. They bring in all the "Me 1st" guys like Deion, Irvin, MeShawn among others and the broadcasts have devolved into talking over shouting matches along with hooting and hollering.

The thing I liked about ESPN is that they dressed up sports and made their broadcasts professional and refined even though at the end of the day they are only talking about sports.

Also STAY OFF MY LAWN!
I totally agree. It's pretty much unwatchable anymore.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:

Also STAY OFF MY LAWN!
I can't take it. ESPN's presentation typically is as intellectually stimulating as a coloring book. It's aimed at the lowest common denominator. And I know, I know, it's football and it's supposed to be entertaining. But wow, does it have to be so dumbed down to the point it's actually frustrating to watch?
Old 08-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #5
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Single and pre-children, I used to watch all the pregame shows and catch the post-game highlights too. Married and 3 kids, I've had to cut down the 12+ hours of Sunday football. First went the pre/post game stuff, and last year I finally gave in a bit and cut down on non-Broncos games. I don't miss the pre/post at all. I gave up on the draft this year (and hated the Thur/Fri/Sat move anyways)

We got rid of satellite almost 2 years ago (and ST with it) and the only time I ever miss ESPN/NFLN is when the Broncos are playing - streams ftw though. NFLN was so great when it first came on the scene, but has gone steadily downhillESPNlike since.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #6
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I don't watch any of the accessorized bull**** anymore. Turn on the game. Watch the game. Mute the commercials. Turn it off at the end of the game.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I don't watch any of the accessorized bull**** anymore. Turn on the game. Watch the game. Mute the commercials. Turn it off at the end of the game.
nice...

I also mute the game. sometimes silence is golden on game day
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #8
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Single and pre-children, I used to watch all the pregame shows and catch the post-game highlights too. Married and 3 kids, I've had to cut down the 12+ hours of Sunday football. First went the pre/post game stuff, and last year I finally gave in a bit and cut down on non-Broncos games. I don't miss the pre/post at all. I gave up on the draft this year (and hated the Thur/Fri/Sat move anyways)

We got rid of satellite almost 2 years ago (and ST with it) and the only time I ever miss ESPN/NFLN is when the Broncos are playing - streams ftw though. NFLN was so great when it first came on the scene, but has gone steadily downhillESPNlike since.
Yep, I used to get up Sunday morning and put ESPN on at 10am and watch until 11:30pm.

I have had the Ticket for over 10 years now and by the end of the Bronco game I am usually footballed out. I have been DVR'ing the night game and watching later if at all.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:04 PM   #9
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Yep, I used to get up Sunday morning and put ESPN on at 10am and watch until 11:30pm.

I have had the Ticket for over 10 years now and by the end of the Bronco game I am usually footballed out. I have been DVR'ing the night game and watching later if at all.
Last year I started DVR'ing SNF and watching it Monday morning, except for Bronco games. The kids get up too early for me to stay up until midnight to finish most games.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #10
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
The only time I watch ESPN is online. Grantland has some great sports journalism in it.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #11
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
nice...

If Michael Irvin comes on, I mute that too.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:11 PM   #12
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
The only time I watch ESPN is online. Grantland has some great sports journalism in it.
Yep. The stuff you can find out there to read is ten times better than any of the dumbed down **** on TV.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #13
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Yep. The stuff you can find out there to read is ten times better than any of the dumbed down **** on TV.
Agreed.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:25 PM   #14
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

ESPN has been useless for years, Between Berman, Irvin and others I stopped watching them years ago and do not plan on starting again anytime soon.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:28 PM   #15
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
ESPN has been useless for years, Between Berman, Irvin and others I stopped watching them years ago and do not plan on starting again anytime soon.
It started getting bad when Disney bought them in 1996. Then their executive producer who took over in the 2000's and thought of all sorts of crap, like that reality competition show where they pick the next ESPN anchor, and to have guest interviews about totally unrelated BS during the game in the announcers booth.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #16
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Exactly

These networks spend millions taking the pulse of their audience and broadcast to the level of that audience if you are watching the pre and post game shows than check your self.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #17
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
nice...

Only if Dan Dumb**** is on.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #18
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:

Also STAY OFF MY LAWN!
agree
Old 08-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #19
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

I gave up the Disney Channel a long time ago, its a shame that the NFL Network has become Disney jr with their lack of content and 3hr long fantasy football programs. Sometimes I will watch SN recaps on the Disney channel to give Tom Jackson ratings, but its only for Tom.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote