The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2013, 11:33 PM   #76
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Cutler is not on Luck's level
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #77
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post

Not in the minds of many here, at the time he left anyway.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:03 AM   #78
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Cutler is like a six and Luck is like a nine.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:20 AM   #79
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

A QB the caliber of Luck for Miller and Osweiler? In a second. Not even a second thought.

Sounds very much like Elway for Hinton and Penrose, although I think Osweiler will be worlds better than Penrose. Even with that, Luck could very well become a star of Elways' stature barring injury.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:43 AM   #80
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

The jury still out on Brock so idk
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:48 AM   #81
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Cutler is like a six and Luck is like a nine.
A six? lol lets just give Cutler a "Rotten Tomatoes" rating from 1-100 percent. I'll give him a 57%
Old 06-09-2013, 06:45 AM   #82
SimonFletcher73
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Goose Gonsoulin

Would take Jimmy Clausen over Cutler. Not a fan of Jimmy Clausen at all.
SimonFletcher73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:47 AM   #83
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Play ****ty enough in 2011 and you can have them all. This is an odd discussion when the players are drafted in different years.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #84
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango View Post
A QB the caliber of Luck for Miller and Osweiler? In a second. Not even a second thought.

Sounds very much like Elway for Hinton and Penrose, although I think Osweiler will be worlds better than Penrose. Even with that, Luck could very well become a star of Elways' stature barring injury.
It is not like that comparison at all. We'd be arguably losing one of the most feared and difficult to gameplan defensive players in the league and a guy with intangibles to be a very good possibly even elite QB in Os.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #85
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
It is not like that comparison at all. We'd be arguably losing one of the most feared and difficult to gameplan defensive players in the league and a guy with intangibles to be a very good possibly even elite QB in Os.
What are you basing this statement off of? I'm all about waiting and seeing on Brock but the most we can say right now is that we have no idea how he will play as a pro. And let's be honest, he didn't exactly light it up in college, especially considering the conference he played in.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #86
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
A six? lol lets just give Cutler a "Rotten Tomatoes" rating from 1-100 percent. I'll give him a 57%
so a .57... so basically a 6?
Old 06-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #87
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
What are you basing this statement off of? I'm all about waiting and seeing on Brock but the most we can say right now is that we have no idea how he will play as a pro. And let's be honest, he didn't exactly light it up in college, especially considering the conference he played in.
I am saying he has measurables and ability that can make him a damn good QB. Add in tutelage from 2 of the greatest ever and we could have something special.

Great size, good atheticism, strong arm, no ego that makes him believe he is awesome right now, willingness to learn and a stamp of approval by Elway. What is there not to like?
Old 06-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #88
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I am saying he has measurables and ability that can make him a damn good QB. Add in tutelage from 2 of the greatest ever and we could have something special.

Great size, good atheticism, strong arm, no ego that makes him believe he is awesome right now, willingness to learn and a stamp of approval by Elway. What is there not to like?
I wasn't arguing against Osweiler at all. I was on-board the pick from the day it was made and believe Elway, of all people, would know what he was looking for at the position.

I was only saying Luck is very special, maybe even Elway special. If the asking price was Osweiler and Miller and no additional draft picks, I'd take that deal in an instant.

Don't forget, Denver not only gave Baltimore al all-pro O-lineman and a servicable back-up QB in Penrose. Denver also handed over it's first round draft pick in 1984. An absolutle steal on reflection, but still a decent package considering Elway was already practicing with a Yankees farm club and the NFL had already decided Oakland wasn't getting him no matter what.

Miller is an elite defensive player. Luck will likely be an elite QB for a decade+. QB is the pivotal, indispensible position in football. There's not even a certaintly Miller will remain in Denver. He has indicated in the past that his lifes dream was to play for the Cowboys.

i'd make the trade.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #89
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Colin Kaepernick. ****, Elway trades away the pick that netted SF Kaepernick and we get Rahim and Quinton Carter in return. Maybe Virgil Green also, Kaepernick's teammate at Nevada.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #90
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:

Osweiler seems alright, I'm looking forward to seeing him play in the preseason this year. Maybe he'll get some chances with the #1's. He sure needs the work since he's supposed to step right into the starting spot in a couple of years.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #91
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango View Post
I wasn't arguing against Osweiler at all. I was on-board the pick from the day it was made and believe Elway, of all people, would know what he was looking for at the position.

I was only saying Luck is very special, maybe even Elway special. If the asking price was Osweiler and Miller and no additional draft picks, I'd take that deal in an instant.

Don't forget, Denver not only gave Baltimore al all-pro O-lineman and a servicable back-up QB in Penrose. Denver also handed over it's first round draft pick in 1984. An absolutle steal on reflection, but still a decent package considering Elway was already practicing with a Yankees farm club and the NFL had already decided Oakland wasn't getting him no matter what.

Miller is an elite defensive player. Luck will likely be an elite QB for a decade+. QB is the pivotal, indispensible position in football. There's not even a certaintly Miller will remain in Denver. He has indicated in the past that his lifes dream was to play for the Cowboys.

i'd make the trade.
in 2 or 3 years when Osweiler takes over, due to the studying and practice and work with 2 greats, i don't think there will be much of a gap if any at all in the play of Luck and Osweiler. that is why even if Luck threw a b**** fit in Indy and was available for the price of Osweiler and Von I would not pull the trigger. I think we have a guy who in time will be a top 3 QB in the league as well as the most feared defensive player in the league. and if there is a gap in play between Luck and Osweiler, i think it will lean in Osweiler's favor.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:59 PM   #92
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Osweiler seems alright, I'm looking forward to seeing him play in the preseason this year. Maybe he'll get some chances with the #1's. He sure needs the work since he's supposed to step right into the starting spot in a couple of years.
the work Osweiler needs is mental. it is how to approach the game, read and breakdown the game. he has the physical tools now, will just need to build chemistry with the rest of the offense. with Peyton running the show that isn't needed...yet.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #93
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
so a .57... so basically a 6?
yeah lol