The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default Marriage

So, tomorrow I'm getting married, and for some odd reason after 10 years on the Orange Mane I acctually like reading the opinions of some of the same delusioned fanatics who have the free time to waist 10 years of their lives discussing the Broncos. With that being said, Orange Mane give me your marriage wisdom!
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #2
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Is she from Mrytle Beach?

Congrats BTW

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Don't do it.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Congrats. I'm sure you've thought out the particulars by now.

Oh and Good luck.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #5
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

"Yes, dear" solves a lot of problems, even if you don't really mean it...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #6
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Words to live by: Yes, Dear
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #7
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
"Yes, dear" solves a lot of problems, even if you don't really mean it...
HAAAAAAAAAAAA wow.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #8
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Remember tomorrow, it is ALL about her. So suck it up, laugh when things aren't funny, smile when your feet hurt, hug your in laws and don't do anything embarrassing.

Oh, and congratulations.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #9
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

At the wedding dinner don't ask her to get up and make you a sandwich.

That can wait till the day after.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #10
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

PIIHB.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #11
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
So, tomorrow I'm getting married, and for some odd reason after 10 years on the Orange Mane I acctually like reading the opinions of some of the same delusioned fanatics who have the free time to waist 10 years of their lives discussing the Broncos. With that being said, Orange Mane give me your marriage wisdom!
Congratulations to you sir!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #12
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Get used to saying "I wasn't interested tonight either" as a defense mechanism so you at least present the illusion you had something to do with her decision.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #13
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Congratulations!

Nothing spawns jokes and good nature ribbing like a man getting married......a good book to give her is Dr. Laura Schlesinger's "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" but only after you read it yourself to make sure you're not upsetting her...

My advice is -

[] Nothing before her. Not your stupid friends, not your family, not your job, not your kids....nothing before her.

[] Do not make a major purchase or decision without the both of you being in total agreement on it.....because it will just cause the other to feel resentful.

[] Live below your means and save your money for a rainy day.....the future is unknown and if you're prepared for it, you can weather the storm financially. Plan for your future because you have no clue what it holds.

[] When it comes to kids, make sure you and her are on the same page about raising them, and disciplining them, and try to never let the kids see or hear you argue.

[] Enjoy your life with the love of your life, and always let her know how much you love her and show her tons of affection like holding her hand,going to bed at the same time as much as possible, keeping yourself between her and oncoming traffic, prove to her that chivalry isn't dead as far as you're concerned. People should know that the two of you are in love when they see you interact with each other.

And you'll earn bonus points if you play this song for her....or better yet, sing it to her. good luck!

errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #14
colorado jones
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The best advice I can give is on the night of your wedding... Anal.
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #15
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Congratulations!

Nothing spawns jokes and good nature ribbing like a man getting married......a good book to give her is Dr. Laura Schlesinger's "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" but only after you read it yourself to make sure you're not upsetting her...

My advice is -

[] Nothing before her. Not your stupid friends, not your family, not your job, not your kids....nothing before her.

[] Do not make a major purchase or decision without the both of you being in total agreement on it.....because it will just cause the other to feel resentful.

[] Live below your means and save your money for a rainy day.....the future is unknown and if you're prepared for it, you can weather the storm financially. Plan for your future because you have no clue what it holds.

[] When it comes to kids, make sure you and her are on the same page about raising them, and disciplining them, and try to never let the kids see or hear you argue.

[] Enjoy your life with the love of your life, and always let her know how much you love her and show her tons of affection like holding her hand,going to bed at the same time as much as possible, keeping yourself between her and oncoming traffic, prove to her that chivalry isn't dead as far as you're concerned. People should know that the two of you are in love when they see you interact with each other.

And you'll earn bonus points if you play this song for her....or better yet, sing it to her. good luck!

Golden. Remember - the two become one.
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #16
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
You still have a chance, run far and run fast!!!
Old 06-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #17
Dukes
Ring of Famer

A happy wife = a happy life. No wife = a happier life.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #18
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #19
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

I think i gave this advice in a previous thread about marriage, but here goes:

Does a marathon runner use up all his energy in the first mile? No. Remember, till death.
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #20
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Congratulations!

My advice is -

This is on point. I will add that if you're in an argument and you know you're wrong, admit it by saying so. Tell her you're sorry and you love her. Doing this will make things smooth over a lot quicker. Randomly buying her flowers and other things reassures her you're not just thinking about yourself as well.

Last edited by maher_tyler; 06-07-2013 at 06:59 PM..
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #21
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

This is fantastic gentlemen, I really appreciate your support, and advice. We've already been through some rough re-planning after our plans for a beautiful garden wedding were dashed by a tropical storm, so it's on to plan B!

I loled today when my Father was showing us a slide show filled with pictures of the two of us through the years, and in one of my HS Graduation photos I was wearing a DJ Williams 52 Jersey.

Last edited by DivineLegion; 06-07-2013 at 07:53 PM..
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #22
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Shouldn't you be on a drugged/liquored up hooker/stripper binge that ends with the grooms men dragging you in and propping you up for the ceremony?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #23
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
At the wedding dinner don't ask her to get up and make you a sandwich.

That can wait till the day after.
This is a mistake. Whatever you do tonight is going to dictate the rest of the marriage. I'd say sandwiches and anal are in tall order.

Oh and Congrats!
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #24
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Also, you might want to consider getting so drunk that you break the hotel TV and piss in the bed. I'm not saying that has necessarily been the secret to my marriage's success, I'm just saying that it can't be ruled out.
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #25
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

This marriage is DOOMED unless you registered for a copy of "Failure is Not an Option" I don't know how many times I have had to apply life lesson's from Gene's opus to save the day.

I have repeatedly used a plastic bag, duct tape, a sock, a square air filter, used checklist, and a round car air filter to fashion mothers day and anniversary presents in a pinch.

Plus now all I have to do is ask if we are a "Go" or "No Go" for sex. It kinda backfires because when we are a go she uses a 10 second count down, if you know what I mean...
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote