The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #26
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Similar with Native American culture. I've heard of a belief that ghosts inhabit the mountains.
If hundreds of people were killing themselves in Rock Mountain National Park every year I think a lot of good ol' red-blooded Americans would be saying that area was haunted too. Honestly this is one of those things that seems to transcend culture.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:26 AM   #27
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
If hundreds of people were killing themselves in Rock Mountain National Park every year I think a lot of good ol' red-blooded Americans would be saying that area was haunted too. Honestly this is one of those things that seems to transcend culture.
Maybe it's just a plains belief, because I doubt mountain tribes (like the Utes) believe the same thing...but yeah totally unrelated to the suicide forest.

It's a belief that goes back thousands of years...maybe because it's where old people went to die? Windwalkers?

Which is kinda why I brought it up. I think Native Americans and Asians come from the same culture 10,000-15,000 years ago. Some Hopi look exactly like Japanese.

Hopefully I have enough guts to go wander the mountains when I am old and close to death.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:46 AM   #28
FearLanier

OD'ing on sleeping pills/alcohol is mostly a pleasant experience from what I've read, so I would assume that is what a lot of them did.

It's crazy that it's so quiet around the forest and that it's pitch black in quite a few places throughout the day due to the amount of tree's.

And that's not even including that there are very few animals there. That's what freaks me out. Animals can sense things better than us. I think it's demonic.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #29
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
OD'ing on sleeping pills/alcohol is mostly a pleasant experience from what I've read, so I would assume that is what a lot of them did.

It's crazy that it's so quiet around the forest and that it's pitch black in quite a few places throughout the day due to the amount of tree's.

And that's not even including that there are very few animals there. That's what freaks me out. Animals can sense things better than us. I think it's demonic.
This sounds like Arrowhead by the end of the 3rd quarter of kFc games.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #30
penguintheory
studio gangster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Momma

This one was sad
penguintheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #31
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
This sounds like Arrowhead by the end of the 3rd quarter of kFc games.
Yawn. That joke stopped being funny the first 100 times you used it over a year ago.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #32
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeatheist View Post
et al.

I get it that there aren't a lot of Japanese people on this board --and that such comments are probably made in jest--so some probably think it's ok to use racial slurs like "japs" and "Nips," thinking no one will care. But my wife is Japanese and thus my children have Japanese ancestry. I also dearly love my in-laws and the country they call home. When visiting, I've never been treated so kindly by them. Not that I expect you to give a damn, but I find these sorts of posts offensive and I thought most have risen above the need to use racial epithets as part of their jokes. I also understand that the age and IQ level of some posters here aren't much larger then their shoe sizes but not sure that excuses the behavior. Hopefully, you can learn from experience as you mature that others might take your jokes the wrong way. Not that I think there's too many ways to understand referring to entire race of people and their culture as "weird" can have too many meanings other than what one gets from the face of the comment. Nor can slurs like "Jap" and "Nip" have too many other meanings.

But that's just me. And I'm weird.
We're talking about a reclusive xenophobic culture that smiles at you in one setting but hates on you when you aren't around. A patriarchic culture that treats women as pets. You're talking about a country that treated American POWs like dogs. A country that committed worse war crimes than Nazi Germany in WWII but didn't teach their children of these war crimes in their own text books for 4 decades after the war.

You're talking about a "Democracy" that's had single party dominance for 50 years since its inception - very much like the single party countries that American media likes to call totalitarian states.

Luckily they have a neutered military and no natural resources so even at the height of their economic growth were not considered a serious threat in the US. And so, the media takes it easy on them, no reason to hate the weak.

Maybe your wife is an exception, like you said, i don't much give a damn. But oh yes, i fully mean it when i use racial slurs to describe my distaste for that country that doesn't get enough hate. As far as I'm concerned, they can as a collective nation go kill themselves in that forest together. I simply wouldn't give a ****.

Last edited by Willynowei; 06-04-2013 at 01:02 PM..
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #33
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Yawn. That joke stopped being funny the first 100 times you used it over a year ago.
I am here all week
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #34
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
And yet, the Japanese are 10th on the list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_suicide_rate

I'm guessing the rate in China is higher but they try to cover it up.
I noticed something looking at that list. The more likely you are to be murdered or starve to death in your country the lower your suicide rate. Do you think that it is a lack of opportunity (i.e. You get killed before you can even think about it) or you are too busy trying to keep yourself alive to think about ending it prematurely?
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #35
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post
We're talking about a reclusive xenophobic culture that smiles at you in one setting but hates on you when you aren't around. A patriarchic culture that treats women as pets. You're talking about a country that treated American POWs like dogs. A country that committed worse war crimes than Nazi Germany in WWII but didn't teach their children of these war crimes in their own text books for 4 decades after the war.

You're talking about a "Democracy" that's had single party dominance for 50 years since its inception - very much like the single party countries that American media likes to call totalitarian states.

Luckily they have a neutered military and no natural resources so even at the height of their economic growth were not considered a serious threat in the US. And so, the media takes it easy on them, no reason to hate the weak.

Maybe your wife is an exception, like you said, i don't much give a damn. But oh yes, i fully mean it when i use racial slurs to describe my distaste for that country that doesn't get enough hate. As far as I'm concerned, they can as a collective nation go kill themselves in that forest together. I simply wouldn't give a ****.
Lol. Get the **** out.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #36
Willynowei
Some dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Lol. Get the **** out.
So you're extending threads and sending me hate mail cause you can't handle my bull****. Too bad, I'm laughing at your ass while you're popping care-bear arteries in the process!

Last edited by Willynowei; 06-06-2013 at 02:06 PM..
Old 06-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #37
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

Not to start much, but do you ever travel and get the world's opinion on America?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #38
Rother8
Seasoned Veteran

Mhmugggggeeeee

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Luv me some vice. If you haven't already, you got to watch the "inside north korea" they did. crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24R8JObNNQ4
Rother8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #39
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rother8 View Post
Luv me some vice. If you haven't already, you got to watch the "inside north korea" they did. crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24R8JObNNQ4
Im a fan of their HBO show, but I always wish they spent more time on their topics....show needs to be an hour!
Old 06-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #40
Willynowei
Some dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Not to start much, but do you ever travel and get the world's opinion on America?

Yes one possibility is that i have strong opinions because i lack perspective, the other is that I have strong opinions because i've seen it and came to a very stubborn judgment of it all. What makes you even think I grew up in America?

Last edited by Willynowei; 06-06-2013 at 02:29 PM..
Old 06-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #41
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

Yes one possibility is that i have strong opinions because i lack perspective, the other is that I have strong opinions because i've seen it and came to a very stubborn judgment of it all. What makes you even think I grew up in America?
I don't. But I've seen that kind of opinion come from many Americans who consider themselves (and our country) the epitome of moralism, when we are anything but.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #42
Willynowei
Some dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I don't. But I've seen that kind of opinion come from many Americans who consider themselves (and our country) the epitome of moralism, when we are anything but.
No the US is probably much worse.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #43
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
No the US is probably much worse.
OK, fair enough then
Old 06-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #44
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Little known fact about WWII: About 8,000 Japanese people (both civilians and troops) committed suicide in the beginning of July 1944. They were afraid that the Americans would torture and kill them when Saipan was invaded. Mothers threw their children off cliffs and then followed.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #45
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
So you're extending threads and sending me hate mail cause you can't handle my bull****. Too bad, I'm laughing at your ass while you're popping care-bear arteries in the process!
I had a few chuckles over how stupid you sound. Between this, picking up chick advice and gamer talk -- I do not know whether to laugh or cry. Just kinda feel bad that people like you exist.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #46
Willynowei
Some dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I had a few chuckles over how stupid you sound. Between this, picking up chick advice and gamer talk -- I do not know whether to laugh or cry. Just kinda feel bad that people like you exist.
I didn't even notice you existed on this forum until you sent me hate mail like a 13 year old girl. Looks like you've been following my opinions on every thread like a pissed off ex-girlfriend. Sounds like a self-conscious & insecure beta male to me. Listen dude, I'm just cooler than you... get over it! !

Ah crap, you know what you can have the last word, I can't hang around much longer to post because I'm gonna be too busy winning at life tonight