The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #76
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
The problem you guys have seems to be that people are voting to go in a direction you disagree with,not with government. It's the "temper tantrum" ideology of if you can get it the way you want no one can.
The govt of this country is growing and consolidating power in the President. Regardless of party this is bad. Less is best. I like gridlock the less is done in DC the more is done on main Street.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #77
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
That's why our founding fathers set up elections,so if you don't like how it's run you can change it. Government isn't alien life form that acts on it's own.
So you think the federal government is working in your behalf and has not been the servant of global corporations for several cycles now?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #78
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
The govt of this country is growing and consolidating power in the President. Regardless of party this is bad. Less is best. I like gridlock the less is done in DC the more is done on main Street.
Bogus belief,gridlock does nothing but perpetuate the false belief that our government can do nothing good.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #79
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
So you think the federal government is working in your behalf and has not been the servant of global corporations for several cycles now?
Well then vote for someone that doesn't worship the ground corporations walk on. Rethugs/cons/libertarians are too busy giving corporations the proverbial hand job to do anything but grovel at the knees of corporations

Edit* I'll amend my post by including that quite a few Democrats are doing the same.

Last edited by peacepipe; 06-02-2013 at 05:13 PM..
Old 06-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #80
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Bogus belief,gridlock does nothing but perpetuate the false belief that our government can do nothing good.
Coming from you no higher compliment could be had.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #81
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Well then vote for someone that doesn't worship the ground corporations walk on. Rethugs/cons/libertarians are too busy giving corporations the proverbial hand job to do anything but grovel at the knees of corporations
Wipe the jizz from your chin. Proverbial
Old 06-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #82
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:

Edit* I'll amend my post by including that quite a few Democrats are doing the same.

Please tell me who that would be. Go ahead an go back six cycles and give me one name that was not a corporate stooge. Who do you think they are obligated to, you?
Old 06-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #83
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
Wipe the jizz from your chin. Proverbial
Don't get upset with me,it's the people you vote for that worship corporations/1%.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #84
Meck77

One of my closest friends has been flying around with Obama the last two years in Air Force One. It's a cluster **** and disorganized. They aren't organized enough to pull off even 1/10th of the conspiracy theories that gaffo/baja come up with.

Rest easy Americans.....
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #85
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Please tell me who that would be. Go ahead an go back six cycles and give me one name that was not a corporate stooge. Who do you think they are obligated to, you?
Bernie sanders.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #86
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
Bernie sanders.

Why did he not get the nomination? Unfortunately if you are not a global corporation sell out than you are not getting the nomination never mind winning an election. That is the way it is now. Tell me how we change that. We are pretty far down the road to hope for a political solution but I am open to ideas. Got any?
Old 06-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #87
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

The idea promulgated by the modern Right Wing that government is all bad, all the time spits in the face of the founding fathers of this country who risked all and gave their lives to the endeavor of creating this government. I guarantee you, they were much better men than this current crop of slime that pretends to carry their legacy.

As one old Senator put it, “There have been some giants in this Senate, and I have seen some of them. Little did I know when I came here that I would live to see Pygmies stride like Colossuses while marveling, like Aesop’s fly sitting on the axle of a chariot, ‘My, what dust I do raise!’”
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:52 PM   #88
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Why did he not get the nomination? Unfortunately if you are not a global corporation sell out than you are not getting the nomination never mind winning an election. That is the way it is now. Tell me how we change that. We are pretty far down the road to hope for a political solution but I am open to ideas. Got any?
Public financing,outlaw private contributions to candidates,be it federal or local/state reps. Treat campaign funding for what it is,a bribe.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:22 AM   #89
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
Public financing,outlaw private contributions to candidates,be it federal or local/state reps. Treat campaign funding for what it is,a bribe.
That is a good start and everyone and his brother knows it yet nothing is ever dome about it.

Lobbying is another
Old 06-03-2013, 06:21 AM   #90
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboiler120 View Post
This thread went political long before I posted.
Lol. But this is what you do.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:38 AM   #91
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Well...

I guess I've turned enough threads into a b****fest where I can't complain when it happens to mine.

Obama
Benghazi
Tsarnaev
NORAD
Halliburton
Rabble, rabble, rabble

Carry on, guys.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #92
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
That is a good start and everyone and his brother knows it yet nothing is ever dome about it.

Lobbying is another
Vote for a liberal. Liberals are big proponents of public financing.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #93
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
Vote for a liberal. Liberals are big proponents of public financing.

Often a campaign issue never dealt with once in office

Same with term limits
Old 06-03-2013, 08:40 AM   #94
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
One of my closest friends has been flying around with Obama the last two years in Air Force One. It's a cluster **** and disorganized. They aren't organized enough to pull off even 1/10th of the conspiracy theories that gaffo/baja come up with.

Rest easy Americans.....
That's the saving grace of the big government - that their incompetence and in-fighting for power often sabotages their "great ideas" to save Americans from themselves (you know, because Americans are too stupid to take care of themselves, they need a bureaucrat in Washington to tell them how to eat, teach their kids, and spend their money.)
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #95
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:

Rest easy Americans.....
If your friend really told you this he's either not very professional or not very smart. Or both.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #96
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
If your friend really told you this he's either not very professional or not very smart. Or both.
Exactly. The kind of security clearance you'd need to fly regularly on Air Force One is probably to the level of not even being able to tell family about what you're doing, let alone telling details to a buddy. But Meck's got all the inside dope from his "friend"

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 06-03-2013 at 11:45 AM..
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #97
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:

Rest easy Americans.....

I really do not understand why it is so hard for you to grasp it is not Obama behind the attack on American liberties he is just the stooge that does as he is told. He is a tele prompter reader. He has been bought and paid for.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #98
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
The idea promulgated by the modern Right Wing that government is all bad
You obviously don't get it. The U.S. Constitution recognizes basic human rights and limits the power of the federal government. Which is a far cry from the beliefs you attribute to anyone who leans right of Lenin.

Guys like you treat the U.S. Constitution as an obstacle in your quest to give the federal government absolute power and absolute control.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #99
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
You obviously don't get it. The U.S. Constitution recognizes basic human rights and limits the power of the federal government. Which is a far cry from the beliefs you attribute to anyone who leans right of Lenin.

Guys like you treat the U.S. Constitution as an obstacle in your quest to give the federal government absolute power and absolute control.

Here is what the U.S. Constitution is for: ... in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity...

In other words, in order to form a government. You Right Wing radicals want to rip all that work down and replace it with what, the Bible? A corporate charter? Nothing? Or the Right Wing ravings of lunatics like Rand Paul, Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh? Government by fundamentalist fringe? You're no better than the ****ing Taliban. Or those ideological idiots in Iran.

Guys like you are just happy as hell to serve the Constitution up as corporate toilet paper.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 06-03-2013 at 11:18 AM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #100
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Do us all a favor and try not to post when you're hyperventilating.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote