The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 04:06 PM   #26
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

I think McD is/was probably intelligent in sort of a traditional IQ measurable sense.

When it came to emotional intelligence (how he controlled his emotions, how he reacted to the emotions of others, how he demonstrated leadership, impulse control etc.) he was a ****ing tard.

Last edited by razorwire77; 05-31-2013 at 04:09 PM..
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:14 PM   #27
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
People keep trying to push that line, yet all the available evidence points to the contrary.
My favorite thing McD said, was last year after the play-off loss. I don't believe in second half adjustments! Pretty silly thing to admit.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:25 PM   #28
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

McD's problem = too little life experience.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:31 PM   #29
Tim

Fox has a good chance of having his first back to back winning season this year!
Old 05-31-2013, 04:44 PM   #30
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Fox has a good chance of having his first back to back winning season this year!
that can't be true
Old 05-31-2013, 04:45 PM   #31
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
that can't be true
Sadly it is.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:48 PM   #32
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

yikes wow, nice find Tim:

Coaching Results

Glossary SHARESHARE [X] Embed CSV PRE LINK ?

YearAgeTmLgGWLTW-L%G plyfW plyfL plyfW-L%RankNotes
200247Carolina PanthersNFL16790.4384
200348Carolina PanthersNFL161150.688431.7501NFC Champions
200449Carolina PanthersNFL16790.4383
200550Carolina PanthersNFL161150.688321.6671
200651Carolina PanthersNFL16880.5002
200752Carolina PanthersNFL16790.4382
200853Carolina PanthersNFL161240.750101.0001
200954Carolina PanthersNFL16880.5003
201055Carolina PanthersNFL162140.1254
201156Denver BroncosNFL16880.500211.5001
201257Denver BroncosNFL161330.813101.0001
18 yrs17694820.5341165.5452.2Avg Finish
9 yrsCAR14473710.507853.6252.3
5 yrsNYG00000002.2
2 yrsDEN3221110.656312.3331.0
2 yrsRAI-OAK00000002.5

Games over .500: 12
Super Bowl Wins: 0
Overall Championships: 0
Conference Championships: 1
Division Championships: 5
ludo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:12 PM   #33
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
yikes wow, nice find Tim:

Coaching Results

Glossary SHARESHARE [X] Embed CSV PRE LINK ?

YearAgeTmLgGWLTW-L%G plyfW plyfL plyfW-L%RankNotes
200247Carolina PanthersNFL16790.4384
200348Carolina PanthersNFL161150.688431.7501NFC Champions
200449Carolina PanthersNFL16790.4383
200550Carolina PanthersNFL161150.688321.6671
200651Carolina PanthersNFL16880.5002
200752Carolina PanthersNFL16790.4382
200853Carolina PanthersNFL161240.750101.0001
200954Carolina PanthersNFL16880.5003
201055Carolina PanthersNFL162140.1254
201156Denver BroncosNFL16880.500211.5001
201257Denver BroncosNFL161330.813101.0001
18 yrs17694820.5341165.5452.2Avg Finish
9 yrsCAR14473710.507853.6252.3
5 yrsNYG00000002.2
2 yrsDEN3221110.656312.3331.0
2 yrsRAI-OAK00000002.5

Games over .500: 12
Super Bowl Wins: 0
Overall Championships: 0
Conference Championships: 1
Division Championships: 5
Man he ran hot and cold.

Of course Peyton Manning is a slightly better QB than Jake Delhomme.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:13 PM   #34
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I appreciate what he's done, and he was the right man to bring in after McD.

Will be happy to see him move on after the Manning experiment is over.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:19 PM   #35
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
Man he ran hot and cold.

Of course Peyton Manning is a slightly better QB than Jake Delhomme.
You have to consider his QB and also that those years were injury riddled.

Look at it this way: In his eleven years as a head coach, he's always won at least 7 games and except for one season when the organization he was working for basically took away all his players so they could fire him - all with Jake Delhomme, or nobody, at QB.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:20 PM   #36
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

John Fox reminds me a little of Tom Coughlin.... in the sense that the Panther fans never really liked him as his teams would win one season finish 500 or just below the next.. they always expected more out of him.... hopefully he'll end up like Tom Coughlin.... a guy who was disrespected by fans and media of his first team he coached then wins multiple Super Bowls with the second team he coaches
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:22 PM   #37
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
I appreciate what he's done, and he was the right man to bring in after McD.

Will be happy to see him move on after the Manning experiment is over.
even if he wins a couple Super Bowls?
Old 05-31-2013, 05:28 PM   #38
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
I will salute John Fox when he doesn't take a knee with 35 seconds left and two time outs, and when he has the cojones to have Peyton Manning throw it on 3rd and 6 to win the game.
Agree,

I love Fox overall as a head coach, but to become truly elite and a possible multiple SB winner before he hangs it up, he HAS to recognize his weakness too which is his own deep knee jerk conservative world view as it is expressed in his tight game and late game with a lead tendency to pull in the reins and try to avoid losing rather than going for the win.

Everyone has strenghts and weaknesses, but you can overcome the weak parts with enough smarts and self reflection to acknowledge what you don't do well and make sure to surround yourself with others who can fill in those blanks for you for the good of every ones goal.

His abject failure toward the end of regulation in the Ravens playoff game, was all too typical and was nothing but an extension of who he was all year ... and indeed his whole career when playing late with either a tie or a lead.

The difference is, we had a substantial lead half way through the 4th quarter in so many games during last season that his conservative nature of not wanting to do anything that might be a little risky for a win, forced so many of our would be blow out games to be one score or less victories, or occasional 10 to 11 point wins, when they should have been 17 to 21 point or higher victories by just continuing to play like we had through-out the first three and a half quarters!

I'm hoping the huge amount of heat and disdain he received from nearly the entire football world for that last game and his calls .. or non calls ... in crunch time when he insured we would snatch defeat from the jaws of certain victory has finally rubbed in enough so that when faced with similar scenarios from now on he will let the OC on the field .. Mr Manning ... call the shots and win the freakin' game on the line!

Certainly, Adam Gase isn't going to be given the ultimate final decision when the whole season is on the line in his first year as an OC. They can all collaborate of course, but someone has got to get in Foxes face if he starts to shrink and get all lily-livered again when the going gets rough in the playoffs and let er rip with Peyton and an offense like we have now!

That is my one sole complaint with Fox. Otherwise, if he can pull out a SB victory or two here I'm all for erecting a new bronze statue of him right next to the Duke outside Mile High!

I love the way he handles players and bring the team family thing to life. He is much better at that than even Shanny was. Shanny was too prickly on the personnel side, even though he was a very solid coach for most of his Bronco tenure.

Last edited by Hulamau; 05-31-2013 at 05:34 PM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:41 PM   #39
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
Agree,

I love Fox overall as a head coach, but to become truly elite and a possible multiple SB winner before he hangs it up, he HAS to recognize his weakness too which is his own deep knee jerk conservative world view as it is expressed in his tight game and late game with a lead tendency to pull in the reins and try to avoid losing rather than going for the win.

Everyone has strenghts and weaknesses, but you can overcome the weak parts with enough smarts and self reflection to acknowledge what you don't do well and make sure to surround yourself with others who can fill in those blanks for you for the good of every ones goal.

His abject failure toward the end of regulation in the Ravens playoff game, was all too typical and was nothing but an extension of who he was all year.

The difference is we had a substantial lead half way through the 4th quarter in so many games that he conservative nature of not wanting to do anything that might be a little risky for a win force so many of our would be blow out games to be one score or less or occasional 10 to 11 point wins when they should have been 21 point or higher victories by just continuing to play like we had though-out the first three and a half quarters!

I'm hoping the huge amount of heat and disdain he received from nearly the entire football world for that game and his calls .. or non calls ... in crunch time when he insured we would snatch defeat from the jaws of certain victory has finally rubbed in enough so that when faced with similar scenarios from now on he will let the OC on the field .. Mr Manning ... call the shots and win the freakin game on the line!

Certainly Adam Gase isnt going to be given ultimate final decision when the whole season is on the line in his first year as an OC. They can all collaborate but someone has got to get in Foxes face if he starts to shrink and get all lily-livered again when the going gets rough in the playoffs and let er rip with Peyton and an offense like we have now!

That is my one sole complaint with Fox. Otherwise, if he can pull out a SB victory or two here I'm all for erecting a new bronze statue of him right next to the Duke outside Mile High!

I love the way he handles players and bring the team family thing to life. He is much better at that than even Shanny was. Shanny was too prickly on the personnel side, even though he was a very solid coach for most of his Bronco tenure.
I think you will see Peyton himself stepping up and taking more control of the offense. Last year Peyton was being politically correct given it was his first season here and all but the conservative nature of Fox ball was not lost on him either. The O will belong to Peyton for the rest of his time in Denver.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:45 PM   #40
errand
Ring of Famer

If I'm Fox or Gase...hell, even Elway, I'm issuing a standing order that Manning makes the 3rd/4th down and the season calls period.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #41
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
McD's problem = too little.
Ftfy
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:35 PM   #42
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Ftfy

that just might be closer to the truth.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:10 PM   #43
Bronco Yoda

As a Broncos fan, I really really really appreciated both the first half & second half kneel downs with time on the clock and time outs to burn during the rat birds game.

Thank you very ****ing much Fox.

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME FOX !!!!!!!!
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:39 PM   #44
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I loled. Tougher and smarterer.
"Sprints and dynamic stretching?! SUPERBOWL!

NO MORE CLUB MED!!!!!!"

Ahhhhhhh... ****ing morons.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:44 PM   #45
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I honestly thought the McDaniels era would have given more of an appreciation to Broncos fans regarding a competent head coach, but apparently the overwhelming and unreasonable disdain and lack of appreciation for coaches that became an epidemic at the end of the Shanahan era is harder to clean out than 1 terrible season.

A disturbing amount of you sound like the FireShanahan.com guy.

Get upset at Fox when HE blows the game.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:30 PM   #46
Bronco Yoda

...or maybe YOU need to raise your standards...hmmmm.

'Appreciation' threads are best left for good/great coaching. Yes, Fox has some good traits and most here view his calm steady hand at the wheel as a good thing after the coaching fiasco's of late.

And... for that most have held back the pitchforks and axe grinding. But me thinks things will get ugly in Bronco country if Fox continues his cowardly conservative bullshiat that costs big games this year. The buck still stops with him. At some point he's going to need to grow a pair or end up just being another stop-gap coach.

I'm still sticking with him, but that doesn't mean i'm going to excuse his past bullshiat. Last year still stings...
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:33 PM   #47
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
McD is plenty smart. Sometimes you can be too smart to have any common sense, though.
I am reading a book called "Outliers" by Malcom Gladwell about extra ordinary people and how they got there, mostly he goes on about the 10,000 hour rule but I am at the part where he talks about the difference between people with really high IQ's. Apparently you don't have to great at everything just "good enough" to be successful. By good enough I don't mean stuff anyone could do, I mean good enough to get into med/law school. Sometimes the really smart people don't have the people skills to cope with daily life and be successful.

He goes into detail about a guy with a 195IQ who couldn't finish college because he couldn't figure out how to overcome some life obstacles. He is a smart guy and writing about physics but will never be published because he has no college transcripts. He is in his 50's and does it for fun, I would think he would have found a way to go back and finish his degree and be able to get published but that is the kind of point the author makes.

He went on to compare this guy with Oppenheimer who was younger than Gen. Groves, had no experience running anything and didn't know anything about the machines they were building but he was good at managing people and had the skills to find the right people and put them in a position to succeed.

Sometimes the smartest guy in the room is not the best guy to accomplish a task.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:38 PM   #48
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
...or maybe YOU need to raise your standards...hmmmm.

'Appreciation' threads are best left for good/great coaching. Yes, Fox has some good traits and most here view his calm steady hand at the wheel as a good thing after the coaching fiasco's of late.

And... for that most have held back the pitchforks and axe grinding. But me thinks things will get ugly in Bronco country if Fox continues his cowardly conservative bullshiat that costs big games this year. The buck still stops with him. At some point he's going to need to grow a pair or end up just being another stop-gap coach.

I'm still sticking with him, but that doesn't mean i'm going to excuse his past bullshiat. Last year still stings...
Fox and McCoy didn't lose the playoff game with their conservative play call.

Manning didn't lose the playoff game with his OT interception.

Moore didn't lose the playoff game with his hail mary whiff.

Bailey didn't lose the playoff game with his burnt toast performance.

The refs didn't lose the playoff game with their several huge calls.

The all worked together to lose the game... along with everyone else.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:41 PM   #49
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

Now there's a rev take I can agree with.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:45 PM   #50
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

Gene said the same thing about Apollo 13

- Sy Leibergot didn't save the crew by finding the venting O2

- John Aaron didn't save the crew by working the Capsule power up procedure with Mattingly

- The Tiger team working the CO2 canister issue

- The dudes working the math for the burns

- The fact that the Flight Directors decided on the Free trajectory return

- The team that came up with the LM lifeboat procedure

- The crew that didn't lose their cool and were able to execute major tasks like a burn with no guidance computer with little to no sleep and a dude with a urinary tract infection.

etc...

Gene said it was a total team effort that saved the crew from certain death.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote