The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #1701
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Not just offering.

Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:39 PM   #1702
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Good hire if true. Dude is a great recruiter and defensive mind....will have a massive amount of resources. He already does good work in SFla.....I expect Texas to be very active down there and the street agents will steer kids there due to the cash they have at their disposal. Charlie really wanted the UF job last time it came open and its no secret that the BullGator mega donors didn't want a black coach with a white wife. He ended up doing even better....good for him!

Glad that we won't have to deal with him next year in the ACC.

BRING BACK BUTCH

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 01-03-2014 at 08:43 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:43 PM   #1703
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

The Cotton Bowl is setting up to be an exciting finish. It's tied 24-24, with almost 10 minutes left. I don't know what you all are discussing...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:43 PM   #1704
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
The Cotton Bowl is setting up to be an exciting finish. It's tied 24-24, with almost 10 minutes left. I don't know what you all are discussing...
Orange Bowl is pretty good too...35-34 in the 4th.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 01-03-2014, 08:47 PM   #1705
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

ESPN is saying Strong has not accepted and wants to talk to the Louisville AD and president.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:51 PM   #1706
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Texas: Bobby Burton of 247 Sports reports that Charlie Strong will be the next head coach at Texas. Chip Brown of OrangeBloods.com also reports that Strong has indicated he will accept the job. Jeremy Fowler of CBS Sports reports Strong has not told his staff. ESPN's Brett McMurphy reports Strong wants to talk with Louisville administration. CBS Sports' Bruce Feldman says Texas has not made a decision.
This is nuts .
Old 01-03-2014, 08:55 PM   #1707
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
This is nuts .
Another report I just read said Strong and UT agreed on 5 year deal for 5m per season.

Edit....if u thought that was nuts now I just read UL has already contacted Cutcliffe.

BRING BACK BUTCH

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 01-03-2014 at 08:59 PM..
Old 01-03-2014, 09:08 PM   #1708
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Another report I just read said Strong and UT agreed on 5 year deal for 5m per season.

Edit....if u thought that was nuts now I just read UL has already contacted Cutcliffe.
Yep, they just tweeted it out. 5 years, 5 mil, Strong talked to the AD and prez and told them.

He will own fools with all of the Texas power.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:16 PM   #1709
fankadeo
Rookie

oh noooooooooooooooooooo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Down goes Ohio St. what a wasted year for them. Meyer might start getting his famous restless leg syndrome soon
fankadeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:17 PM   #1710
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Clemson beats OSU in a fun Orange Bowl.

Tip of the hat to fellow ACC mates Clemson, I'm glad they beat OSU and Meyer. Dabo is a class guy and I'm happy for him and Inferno.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 01-03-2014, 09:19 PM   #1711
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Ohio State loses. Urban will have "heart problems" again and bail that program.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:32 PM   #1712
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Go Clemson and go Mizzu. SEC still hanging in strong.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:42 PM   #1713
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Glad with both results. But, seriously, kind of sick of the general "S-E-C! S-E-C!" fans on my Facebook and Twitter feed. Pride in your team playing the top conference and generally pulling for it to have a good showing? Sure, I get that.

But I have Arkansas fans bragging about SEC vs Big 12 bowl records this year? When their team won three (cupcake non-con) games all year? It's like Detroit Lion fans bragging about that 13 year NFC Super Bowl streak or something. Or the Raiders being proud that Denver, KC and SD all made the playoffs. Just weird.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:59 PM   #1714
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Clemson beats OSU in a fun Orange Bowl.

Tip of the hat to fellow ACC mates Clemson, I'm glad they beat OSU and Meyer. Dabo is a class guy and I'm happy for him and Inferno.
Thanks, good sir. Should have won by multiple scores if not for Tahj trying to piss it down his leg and the blatantly biased officiating. Braxton Miller should slip Matt Millern a twenty spot for all the fellating he did.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:05 PM   #1715
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

College football has been pretty awesome this season.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:12 PM   #1716
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
Glad with both results. But, seriously, kind of sick of the general "S-E-C! S-E-C!" fans on my Facebook and Twitter feed. Pride in your team playing the top conference and generally pulling for it to have a good showing? Sure, I get that.

But I have Arkansas fans bragging about SEC vs Big 12 bowl records this year? When their team won three (cupcake non-con) games all year? It's like Detroit Lion fans bragging about that 13 year NFC Super Bowl streak or something. Or the Raiders being proud that Denver, KC and SD all made the playoffs. Just weird.
I don't know many fans of SEC teams that aren't like that. It's why it was so awesome watching Alabama lose.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:21 PM   #1717
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Amazing, in the final year the BCS gets it so absolutely right.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:05 PM   #1718
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Not just offering.

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:15 AM   #1719
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:

I'm a huge Arkansas fan. That's my Alma mater. I always root for SEC dominance because it's responsible for growing Arkansas's revenue.

It's different in the pros. I'm obviously a Broncos fan. I never root for Oakland or KC unless they're playing each other. I've always rooted for the NFC in the Super Bowl the last 14 years. If no Broncos make the pro bowl, then I hope the AFC loses just for not choosing any. I have no loyalty to the AFC. I want the other 15 teams to get beat down so that the Broncos get the top seed.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:19 AM   #1720
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Go Vanderbilt!
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:44 AM   #1721
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
I'm a huge Arkansas fan. That's my Alma mater. I always root for SEC dominance because it's responsible for growing Arkansas's revenue.

It's different in the pros. I'm obviously a Broncos fan. I never root for Oakland or KC unless they're playing each other. I've always rooted for the NFC in the Super Bowl the last 14 years. If no Broncos make the pro bowl, then I hope the AFC loses just for not choosing any. I have no loyalty to the AFC. I want the other 15 teams to get beat down so that the Broncos get the top seed.
I don't care what it is, but I will 99% of the time not root for Texas. Texas can suck it every single year. I rooted hard for Alabama in the 2009 NC game because screw Texas.
And I'm sure Texas fans were the same when OU was in their NC games.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:06 PM   #1722
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post

I sort of understand the revenue thing (though, honestly, the Big Ten schools are pulling in big money right now no matter how bad the conference shows in the bowls). And, more than that, I get having regional pride in the quality of the conference.

But what is with the outright bragging about Alabama from people who the rest of the year were comparing Nick Saban to Satan? It's like a bizzaro kind of bandwagoning that some "SEC fans" start beating their chest when the same teams that embarrassed their alma mater beats a Big 12 team in a bowl. Up here, an Illinois fan acting really excited about the Orange Bowl because Ohio St had Big Ten pride on the line would have gotten very strange looks...especially from Ohio St fans.

The NFL analogy wasn't perfect, but given the recruiting battles that rage inside the conference, the postseason success of rival teams is actually more meaningful in NCAA in regards to your eliminated team than in the NFL. Mizzou looking good on national TV could negatively affect recruiting for Arkansas if they're going after the same players this offseason. It's much more complicated than that, obviously, but it's a factor.

I can't imagine any of the other Big Ten schools were sad to see Ohio St lose. Because all 11 other teams ****ing hate them...and want to close the recruiting gap.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:59 PM   #1723
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Mike Munchak been fired, wonder if he now the prime candidate to become the PSU head coach.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:07 PM   #1724
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Is Al Golden going to Penn State?

I thought I saw a blurb in the gym that said he was meeting with some Penn State people
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:17 PM   #1725
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Great post. I don't get the cheering on your rivals thing.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote