The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2014, 10:07 PM   #1676
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Is it official?

I hear that Texas is interested in Mora jr. but he is turning down their overtures.
Its not official yet but it's getting closer. I couldn't blame him for taking it, that's always been his dream job and he is tired of local HS coaches and "mentors" and grandma's wanting a piece of the action.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:11 PM   #1677
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Its not official yet but it's getting closer. I couldn't blame him for taking it, that's always been his dream job and he is tired of local HS coaches and "mentors" and grandma's wanting a piece of the action.
Yeah Florida recruiting is turning into aau. I wouldn't be surprised if major violations of a school recruiting Florida kids occurs.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:21 PM   #1678
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I think we will find out tomorrow. I'd love to keep him, but we will see.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:31 PM   #1679
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
I don't see a ton of difference between FSU and Al Qaeda, but still cannot deny that they will murder Auburn. Auburn doesn't have the kids to run with them, especially defensively.
You severely overrate FSU. Auburn has plenty of talent and will have no trouble hanging with FSU.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:34 PM   #1680
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
You severely overrate FSU. Auburn has plenty of talent and will have no trouble hanging with FSU.
Im not overrating anything. There is nothing better than a top flight Florida kid. i would take a 4 star from Florida over a 5 star from anywhere else. Auburn has no defense and their offense will have trouble with FSUs speed on defense. They aren't going to beat those kids to the corner.

FSUs level of athlete far outclasses Auburn. I'd love to see Auburn win.

They will get raped. The difference in talent is massive.

You will see it soon enough. I hope I'm wrong.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:51 PM   #1681
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

BOOMER FREAKIN SOONER!

So excited for the outcome of this game, especially Trevor Knight's play. Dude took a monumental jump, from being a mediocre QB to playing like a true stud out there against a top Alabama defense. Well done Trevor! Excited to see how next year goes now.

This win should really help the OU program too, coming out on top against Alabama, finishing up 11-2 with a depleted roster like that, iffy playing by the QB position all year, just should help maybe get more recruiting power going forward.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:00 AM   #1682
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

I bet Texas Tech QB Baker Mayfield changes his mind about transferring to OU as a walk-on.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...n-at-oklahoma/
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:13 AM   #1683
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

SABAN lost his cool at the end of the FIRST HALF!
not accustomed to being down, he abandoned the run completely with 2 minutes on the clock and pass after pass got him an INT and a 14 point defacit instead of 7 or 4 or a tie.
all thast PASSING, not his teams strong suit, led to more sacks,fumbles and INTs in the second half too.
SABAN was caught off guard by the passing offense of OU and it took him out of his own offensive gameplan.
Reminded me of andy reid or shanny!
down by 10 points, IN THE FIRST HALF, and they panic and go into pass happy mode.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:03 AM   #1684
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
When fsu completely crushes auburn, i guess people will get it.
First, they're not going to crush Auburn. Second, what does that prove except that SEC doesn't win the title every year. So far it hasn't been proven, but it's ridiculous to think they'll win it every year. They've already had a great post-season going 5-2 with three bowls to go.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:25 AM   #1685
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
First, they're not going to crush Auburn. Second, what does that prove except that SEC doesn't win the title every year. So far it hasn't been proven, but it's ridiculous to think they'll win it every year. They've already had a great post-season going 5-2 with three bowls to go.
SEC has yet to ever lose a BCS title game (that they were represented in)

This is kinda/sorta their last opportunity to do so. If Auburn wins, it would complete a pretty concrete display of national dominance. No way to argue it.

Although I guess it's already pretty hard to argue whether Auburn wins or loses.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:48 AM   #1686
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

I think it'll be a close game.

I'm an ACC fan, but it was weaker than in years past this season.

Christ, freaking Duke won its division and made a semi decent bowl game.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:52 AM   #1687
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
I think it's very possible FSU completely annihilates Auburn. By no means is it certain, but if FSU slows down Auburn's running game they will not be able to keep pace offensively.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:27 AM   #1688
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Bob Stoops, the Youngstown native, might have inside track for Cleveland Browns' job, report says

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...the_young.html
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:30 AM   #1689
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

That would be a monumental mistake, imo.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:31 AM   #1690
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
BOOMER FREAKIN SOONER!

So excited for the outcome of this game, especially Trevor Knight's play. Dude took a monumental jump, from being a mediocre QB to playing like a true stud out there against a top Alabama defense. Well done Trevor! Excited to see how next year goes now.

This win should really help the OU program too, coming out on top against Alabama, finishing up 11-2 with a depleted roster like that, iffy playing by the QB position all year, just should help maybe get more recruiting power going forward.
Saban is very good at finding the weakness of the team.I believe he doesn't have much film on Trevor.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:32 AM   #1691
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Bob Stoops, the Youngstown native, might have inside track for Cleveland Browns' job, report says

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...the_young.html
Man, it'd be tough to watch your frosh QB put on a display like that in the big game and then walk away from the program for the Cleveland Browns.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:06 AM   #1692
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Im not overrating anything. There is nothing better than a top flight Florida kid. i would take a 4 star from Florida over a 5 star from anywhere else. Auburn has no defense and their offense will have trouble with FSUs speed on defense. They aren't going to beat those kids to the corner.

You do realize that other states are good at football right? I understand that Florida produces the most talent in the country, but there is plenty of evidence to support that this is flawed logic. Take Jeff Driskel for instance, he's dog **** and there are plenty of QB's in that class I'd take over him. I understand what you are trying to say, but Texas and California produce great talent also. To a lesser extent, Georgia, Virginia, Ohio and Pennsylvania.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #1693
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Bahahaha.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:23 PM   #1694
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Coach Golden has been formally offered the Penn State job and I expect him to accept.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:42 PM   #1695
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

If he goes to PSU then the trickle effect for Texas and Miami should be interesting.
Supposedly Texas is zeroing in on Franklin and Strong. So if PSU goes Golden, Texas goes Franklin/Strong then Schiano to Miami?
Old 01-03-2014, 06:53 PM   #1696
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
If he goes to PSU then the trickle effect for Texas and Miami should be interesting.
Supposedly Texas is zeroing in on Franklin and Strong. So if PSU goes Golden, Texas goes Franklin/Strong then Schiano to Miami?
That's how it looks to me. Wonder if SoCal likes Schiano?
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:57 PM   #1697
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 View Post
You do realize that other states are good at football right? I understand that Florida produces the most talent in the country, but there is plenty of evidence to support that this is flawed logic. Take Jeff Driskel for instance, he's dog **** and there are plenty of QB's in that class I'd take over him. I understand what you are trying to say, but Texas and California produce great talent also. To a lesser extent, Georgia, Virginia, Ohio and Pennsylvania.
Pretty much all of the south...
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:12 PM   #1698
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
That's how it looks to me. Wonder if SoCal likes Schiano?
Schiano was the DC at Miami in 1999 and 2000. In the past, he has twice turned down the Miami HC job (or maybe one and a half times). He is a pretty good recruiter (responsible for DJ in 2000) and solid defensive coach and Butch Davis was and still is his mentor. He is a dick, though.

I don't know. I DON'T want another coach. I am a huge fan of Golden, even with his gameday limitations, but I do expect him to take the PSU job now that it has been formally offered. That has always been his No. 1 dream job and that's always been very clear, no game playing. He doesn't have any problem walking into two more years of bowl bans. He would do it for them no questions asked just because its Penn State.

I don't have a desired replacement. The one we have is the real deal, especially with strong coordinators. There are maybe 3-4 better recruiters as HCs in the whole country.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:51 PM   #1699
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:

That is a bunch of nonsense. Florida schools get a good bulk of the top tier 4-5 star players and some of the best 3 star underrated guys.
A Florida school hasn't won a NC since Florida in 2008. The NC game has been dominated by schools that rely on GA,LA,TX,AL & VA for recruiting in the more recent years.

California,Texas,Louisiana,Pennsylvania,Georgia,Vi rginia,Ohio,South Carolina,North Carolina,Maryland & Illinois all produce a ton of high end talent.
The difference in talent isn't massive at all. Chizik was a horrible coach but he could recruit like a mother and his classes were well regarded and highly ranked. Malzahn is no slouch either and has a nice class coming in for next season in addition to the class he helped keep together and added to this pass recruiting season.

Last edited by Lestat; 01-03-2014 at 07:54 PM..
Old 01-03-2014, 08:30 PM   #1700
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Orangebloods claiming UT is offering Strong.