The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #876
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Not really. Miami's sanctions were more severe than Ohio State's.

2 bowls and 9 ships > 1 bowl and 9 ships
As it should have been. Miami's crimes were much more egregious and in multiple sports. If anybody should be pissed off today it's USC. The NCAA has let Miami, Oregon, Auburn, North Carolina, Alabama, Texas A&M and many others skate, but drilled USC. NCAA is horrible.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #877
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 View Post
As it should have been. Miami's crimes were much more egregious and in multiple sports. If anybody should be pissed off today it's USC. The NCAA has let Miami, Oregon, Auburn, North Carolina, Alabama, Texas A&M and many others skate, but drilled USC. NCAA is horrible.
I can't speak for the other schools but I think you are comparing apples to oranges here with Miami and USC. Miami set a standard for tremendous cooperation in the investigation, while USC stonewalled. Miami self imposed unprecedented penalties in 2 bowls plus 1 conference title game. I can never recall any instance where a school gave up 3 postseason games, one of which could have been a BCS bowl depending on the outcome of that conf title game (and before you say we would have lost to FSU again, consider that FSU didn't have it that night, they almost lost to lowly Georgia Tech), among other recruiting self impositions. USC self imposed nothing. Finally, the NCAA was caught red handed committing unethical conduct which led to the actual FIRING of key personnel including the head of the enforcement division herself. That's NEVER happened before and makes this a unique situation. In any event, considering that this thing has been a black cloud for more than 2 years and has cost us numerous recruits, I wouldn't say at all that we skated. We've already suffered tremendously before anything was handed down today.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #878
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I can't speak for the other schools but I think you are comparing apples to oranges here with Miami and USC. Miami set a standard for tremendous cooperation in the investigation, while USC stonewalled. Miami self imposed unprecedented penalties in 2 bowls plus 1 conference title game. I can never recall any instance where a school gave up 3 postseason games, one of which could have been a BCS bowl depending on the outcome of that conf title game (and before you say we would have lost to FSU again, consider that FSU didn't have it that night, they almost lost to lowly Georgia Tech), among other recruiting self impositions. USC self imposed nothing. Finally, the NCAA was caught red handed committing unethical conduct which led to the actual FIRING of key personnel including the head of the enforcement division herself. That's NEVER happened before and makes this a unique situation. In any event, considering that this thing has been a black cloud for more than 2 years and has cost us numerous recruits, I wouldn't say at all that we skated. We've already suffered tremendously before anything was handed down today.
I will agree with this and that is why USC was hammered. The fact is if you play ball with the NCAA they will take it easier on you. I'm just sick and tired of their inconsistency when it comes to rulings.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:02 PM   #879
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #880
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
Last years bowl ban cost OSU national title. They would have played ND and waxed them.

Gene Smith is a moron for not doing what Miami did with self inflicting two meaningless bowl bans.
I agree that they would have raped ND and won the title. That ND team was prolly the worst team to ever appear in a BCS title game. They should have lost like 3 games in the regular season. In retrospect that was one of the worst decisions I've ever seen an AD make. Even looking at it with the information they had at the time, it was a bad call. It's not like they were playing in a BCS bowl that would have been hard to give up. They were playing in the Gator Bowl, which isn't a bad bowl, but it's not a big deal either like the Rose, Fiesta, Sugar, Orange etc. it's just they got wrapped up in the whole Meyer-Florida connection and they thought it was a cute matchup.

Smith literally robbed all those kids of rings.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #881
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

SoCals Picks

(1) Alabama 38, Tennessee 20
(2) Florida State 56, NC State 6
(3) Oregon 39, (12) UCLA 28
(4) Ohio State 48, Penn State 26
(5) Missouri 31, (21) South Carolina 23
(25) Oregon State 24, (6) Stanford 21
Wake Forest 27, (7) Miami 24
(8) Baylor 51, Kansas 27
(9) Clemson 38, Maryland 21
(15) Oklahoma 24, (10) Texas Tech 23
(11) Auburn 42, FAU 10
(13) LSU 56, Furman 7
(14) Virginia Tech 21, Duke 17
(16) Texas A&M 41, Vanderbilt 31
(17) Fresno State 37, San Diego St. 16
(18) NIU 58, E. Michigan 7
(19) Oklahoma St. 34, ISU 17
(20) Louisville 45, USF 17
(23) UCF 52, UConn 0
(24) Nebraska 34, Minnesota 27

I think we could easily lose to WF this week. They are red hot the last two weeks pounding some middle of the road ACC teams. They have a short but extremely disruptive DT and they don't give up many points. That WR will be tough to stop as well. We didn't play well at UNC last week. WF is a better team than UNC and we might be emotionally spent with the NCAA thing. I think some guys are already looking forward to FSU next week. Big mistake. This is a better team than the team we prolly should have lost to last week. I'm extremely concerned and could easily see an upset. I told you last week that Vegas was wrong when they had us -9 at UNC and that it would be a war which it was. The -20 or whatever it is this week is insane. We could easily lose this game....I know the ACC.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #882
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Game time. I'm really worried about Wake Forest. That DT Whitlock is only 5'11 and 250 pounds but is cat quick and wreaks havoc. We gotta shut down Campanero too. That team is very good and they have been real impressive the last two weeks.

I will be happy with just winning. Just like last week, Vegas is completely wrong putting us at -23. This will be a war.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #883
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

It's a struggle...just as I knew it would be.

Old 10-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #884
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Down 4 at the half. At least we get the ball in the second half.

Old 10-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #885
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

SoCal, you are incredible with some of your predictions...its almost downright scary.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #886
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:
I agree that they would have raped ND and won the title. That ND team was prolly the worst team to ever appear in a BCS title game. They should have lost like 3 games in the regular season. In retrospect that was one of the worst decisions I've ever seen an AD make. Even looking at it with the information they had at the time, it was a bad call. It's not like they were playing in a BCS bowl that would have been hard to give up. They were playing in the Gator Bowl, which isn't a bad bowl, but it's not a big deal either like the Rose, Fiesta, Sugar, Orange etc. it's just they got wrapped up in the whole Meyer-Florida connection and they thought it was a cute matchup.

That Notre Dame team was a joke. They had a good defense, but escaped wins against weak schedules. Didn't they win due to some controversy against Stanford too?
Old 10-26-2013, 11:40 AM   #887
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
SoCal, you are incredible with some of your predictions...its almost downright scary.
Lol...I hope I'm wrong but so far I've nailed it's he last two weeks with this team.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #888
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

WTF Wake leading again come on Miami
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:10 PM   #889
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I don't know. I feel that even if Ohio St. self imposed a ban, the NCAA would have given them another year ban. Trust me, I would have rather not played in the Gator Bowl, not only because of the outcome, but because it would be worth it to take the chance that by self imposing one the NCAA wouldn't give us an additional one. With that being said, the goal should be to crown the best team in college football a national champion, if Alabama didn't get to play in the game that wouldn't have happened. Clearly the best team last year.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #890
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Bull**** call by the officials. That's a TD.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #891
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:
Bull**** call by the officials. That's a TD.
Even after a review...I...I just don't get it.
WHAT
ARE
THEY
SEEING?

I'm speechless...I mean that call was as bad as the OU-Oregon calls...
Old 10-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #892
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Lol....the CMAR signs at the game.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #893
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Nebraska is going to lose!!!! TO MINNESOTA!

34 to 23 with 40 seconds left.

Pathetic.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #894
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Even after a review...I...I just don't get it.
WHAT
ARE
THEY
SEEING?

I'm speechless...I mean that call was as bad as the OU-Oregon calls...
It was pretty bad...thankfully we overcame it. Miami 24 Wake 21.

I love this whole Cardiac Canes thing, but unfortunately we aren't a top 10 quality team. This has happened several times this season. We are still growing and need more depth, but we do have alot of heart and mental toughness. They aren't a Top 10 club though and we will get our **** kicked in by about 30 points next week in Tallahassee.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #895
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:
It was pretty bad...thankfully we overcame it. Miami 24 Wake 21.

I love this whole Cardiac Canes thing, but unfortunately we aren't a top 10 quality team. This has happened several times this season. We are still growing and need more depth, but we do have alot of heart and mental toughness. They aren't a Top 10 club though and we will get our **** kicked in by about 30 points next week in Tallahassee.
Yeah, it was going to be rare for Wake to stop you guys from scoring 3 times from the 1, so it didn't matter, but just a poor call.
The top 10 is weird this year. Missouri, Miami, Tech and to an extent Baylor and Clemson I wouldn't necessarily call top 10 teams.
Baylor hasn't had much of a test yet, face a tough schedule upcoming with OU, Tech and OKState. If they get through those games, then yeah they are deserving.
Clemson hasn't been that good the past two weeks and got creamed by FSU.
Missouri got pumped up by beating two overrated SEC teams.

I'm hoping for the unthinkable though, Missouri and Baylor to win out and face each other in the National Championship game. I think media and heads would explode if that happened.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #896
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Florida State is incredibly good. They won't lose a game all year, except maybe for Oregon or Bama, and even there it's a 50/50 proposition.

Old 10-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #897
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Lol, 21 points in a couple of minutes. Wee!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:12 PM   #898
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

**** it....they're the best team in the country.

As much as I hate them it's true.

Edit: Bama is beating the **** out of a quality Tennessee team. Perhaps I spoke too early on FSU being the best. Basically, there are 3 super elite teams.......1 semi-elite team.....and everyone else.

Wanna see Oregon vs UCLA.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 10-26-2013 at 02:03 PM..
Old 10-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #899
randerson1184
Camp Arm

Super Bowl 49 champs or bust.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kayvon Webster

Great call on the WF/Miami game. I had no clue Wake Forest was that potent. Shows how closely I follow the ACC.

What's up with Miami fans though? That stadium looked like it wasn't even half full. Am I missing something?
randerson1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #900
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Today was Toledo's big rivalry game against Bowling Green...."The Battle for I-75"....lol.

Both teams are pretty good this season....Toledo came in with a 4-3 record, with 2 of those being respectable losses to Florida and Missouri. Bowling Green came in with a 5-2 record, with their losses coming against Indiana and a 1 point loss to Mississippi State.

Toledo jumped out to a 21-0 lead on the road. Bowling Green came back to take a 25-21 lead, but Toledo scored on a Terrance Owens to Alonzo Russell TD pass with 1:22 left in the 4th quarter and then held Bowling Green off for a 28-25 victory.

That's 4 wins in a row for Toledo over Bowling Green.

Toledo's been pretty banged up and are missing some key starters. I figured Bowling Green would probably take this game, as it was a home game for them.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote