The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #676
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Why do people think this. The QB class isn't extremely awesome, it won't be any better than last years.
Bridgewater isn't better than Manuel/Smith? Craziness.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:30 AM   #677
columbiaskinny
Just Drafted

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Big OOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I think LSU is a better and more consistent team than Georgia even though Georgia narrowly beat them in Athens. Georgia deserved to lose yesterday, they played poorly against a bad team and I'm punishing them in part for that.
I wish Georgia would have lost. I'm beginning to despise them like i despise the Raiders.

Quote:
That's an oversight, not intentional. I will correct that.

Edit: corrected
Just giving you ****. It's your list. We deserved to drop like we did though. We need to finish teams off better.
columbiaskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #678
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

SoCals picks (with commentary)

(1) Bama 38 Kentucky 17- I still think the polls are overrating Alabama right now. They look a little more vulnerable than usual and have had some offensive issues. UK will eventually be a good team under Mark Stoops and they played South Carolina tough last week. Not a super massive blowout but not a close game either.

(2) Oregon 38 (16) Washington 31- Best matchup of the weekend. Washington is very, very good and very tough to beat in Seattle. I have them ranked 10th in my poll....Above several unbeaten teams including my beloved Canes. I'm really impressed with them. They could have beaten Stanford in Palo Alto. That said, Oregon is the best team in the country IMO...I've got them 1 in my poll. Washington will battle them to the end, but Oregons offense is just too much for anyone to handle.

(3) Clemson 52, Boston College 16- BC had one good effort vs FSU but they have gone back to being a third tier ACC team recently. They'll get rolled.

(5) Stanford 34, Utah 16- Stanford hit its stride after a slow start the first two weeks. Utah is a solid team, especially at home in SLC where they gave an excellent UCLA squad a tough game, so this won't be a complete rape, but Stanford will win by a healthy margin.

(7) Georgia 31, (25) Missouri 17- Georgia should have lost last week. They had a poor effort against a bad Tennessee team and aren't consistent. Gurley may be out. They should still win in Athens over Mizzou.

(9) Texas A&M 31 Ole Miss 23- Should be an entertaining game. Ole Miss has a real shot to win this game at home. I wouldn't be shocked if they did. Hugh Freeze has added alot of blue chip talent in recruiting (Nkemdiche, Treadwell etc.)...actually the truth is their boosters have kicked it into overdrive the last few years with spreading the cash around and it's beyond obvious to all of us who follow recruiting closely...but that's beside the point. Johnny Football and the A&M shotgun offense is too much in a close game.

(10) LSU 26, (17) Florida 17- Florida has the best D in the country even with the loss of Easley. But they are punchless offensively and this game is in Baton Rouge against a powerful LSU offense with great receivers and a rejuvenated Zach Mettenburger. I don't expect LSU to hit 30 against this D but scoring in the mid 20s should be enough to win by about 10.

(11) UCLA 43, California 20- UCLA didn't looks as good as I thought they would at Utah but they still have a very nice offense. They should win this game comfortably, although I am a big fan of Sonny Dykes and Tony Franklins Air Raid offense that they installed in Berkeley. They are a couple years away but they'll be bowling a year from now.

(12) Oklahoma 34, Texas 20- This will be the nail in Mack Browns coffin. Oklahoma is a good not great team, but Texas has really lost alot of juice the last few years even though they've brought in some blue chips.,

(14) South Carolina 27, Arkansas 25- This could be an upset special in Fayetteville. SC looks extremely vulnerable right now, with their last 2 games but it seems Clowney will be back this week and Shaw will be a little healthier so they may narrowly escape (again). As much as I dislike Alex Collins for not having the spine to stick up to his dirtbag high school coach who was pushing him to Bielema first at Wisky then Arky and lying to our staff more than once, he is a special back who is turning heads as a freshman. He reminds me of Ricky Williams both in style and also personality. Arkansas is a weak team this year but they have some pieces for thr future (Denver Kirkland will be a good one as well) I think they will come up a bit short at home. Could go either way, tho.

(15) Baylor 39, Kansas St. 27- Baylor is putting up some sick numbers this year. Art Briles has always been very innovative, from his days at Stephensville HS in Texas to Houston, where he had a difficult multiple set gun offense to defend with Kolb. He should be the next coach at Texas. KSU is playing much better now after a poor start. It will be close for awhile, but Baylor will pull away.

(18) Michigan 37 Penn St. 20- Michigan seems to have stabilized after two terrible performances. Christian Hackenburg is a great young QB but you can see that PSU is really starting to feel the effect of scholie losses with their big loss to Indiana. They got some good news recently on that front.

Wisconsin 27 (19) Northwestern 22- Northwestern almost pulled it off last week. Now they have to go to Camp Randall against a very solid Wisconsin team. Tall order on the road, but it will be tight,

(22) Texas Tech 35, ISU 23- The Cyclones got robbed last week against Texas. they are facing a superior foe on the road in Lubbock this week. TT offense will keep rolling in a semi-close game.

(23) NIU 38, Akron 16- Akron has gone to hell after nearly winning in Ann Arbor. NIU followed up their Orange Bowl berth from last year with a strong start this year including kicking Purdue's ass. Is it just me or has Akron HC Terry Bowden gained 200 pounds? Also, DC Chuck Amato still screams Pedo (he's still a POS human being regardless tho).

(24) Vag Tech 23, Pitt 17- VT has a fine defense even without Antone Exum, but their O is suspect. I would really appreciate it if Pitt beat them but it won't happen in Blacksburg, even with Savage being able to play.

My (13) Miami Hurricanes have a bye week this week so Stephen Morris can rest his ankle before a big Thursday night road game at UNC. We absolutely have to have that game and I think Renner will be back for them. Hopefully we put this week to good use. I trust Golden Al. Dude is the real deal, especially in regards to recruiting, strength/conditioning and building relationships with local HS coaches. "The Don"is also a genius at PR. He's our modern day Butch Davis...bringing us back from the abyss, except that he doesn't have Davis moral baggage. Couldn't be happier with this staff. Coach D has done a nice job as well making alot of strides with the kids on that side of the ball. They were awful last year on defense. Our defense bends at times but they also make big plays on D and will only get better. The Miami 3-4 is becoming a force. It's fun to watch a new style of D after being a 4-3 Over team for literally 30 years in a row.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 10-09-2013 at 10:20 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #679
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #680
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Why do people think this. The QB class isn't extremely awesome, it won't be any better than last years.
I'm sorry.... WHAT!

Bridgewater,Boyd,Mettenberger,Carr alone is better than last seasons class. By a pretty wide margin.

Then add in Manziel,McCarron,Murray,Morris,Fales for the 2nd tier.

Plus Hundley might come out and if he does he's right in the mix to be the #1 QB off the boar.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #681
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I agree with Lestat.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #682
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
SoCals picks (with commentary)

(15) Baylor 39, Kansas St. 27- Baylor is putting up some sick numbers this year. Art Briles has always been very innovative, from his days at Stephensville HS in Texas to Houston, where he had a difficult multiple set gun offense to defend with Kolb. He should be the next coach at Texas. KSU is playing much better now after a poor start. It will be close for awhile, but Baylor will pull away.
While I appreciate your optimism, I don't see us keeping it that close. The over/under is 74, and we don't have the weapons to slow them down. The only way that the game will be close is if we go on long, sustained drives. It's just fortunate that I can look forward to the Broncos going all "Baylor" over the Jaguars...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #683
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

That Georgia game was very good.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #684
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I'm sorry.... WHAT!

Bridgewater,Boyd,Mettenberger,Carr alone is better than last seasons class. By a pretty wide margin.

Then add in Manziel,McCarron,Murray,Morris,Fales for the 2nd tier.

Plus Hundley might come out and if he does he's right in the mix to be the #1 QB off the boar.
You do realize people at this time last year were saying the exact same things about Matt Barkley, Geno Smith, Landry Jones, etc.
I wouldn't even say Bridgewater is a sure fire pick. Manziel is a wild card.

Also, my god did Blake Bell suck today for OU. That was dreadful
Bell couldn't pass for anything, and then the defense couldn't stop Texas' offense on 3rd down.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #685
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Oklahoma and Georgia lost today which means we are one spot away from being in the Top 10...although I expect SC to jump us because they were very impressive at Arkansas. Actually thought they might lose that game but they brought their A game. So we are prolly 12 right now.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #686
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Almost time to get raped by Michigan in Happy Valley
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #687
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Almost time to get raped by Michigan in Happy Valley
You guys are getting most of those scholarships restored by the NCAA so brighter times are coming.....ahead of schedule.

Old 10-12-2013, 02:02 PM   #688
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

WAY TO SET THE ****ING TONE DAQUAN!
Old 10-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #689
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
You guys are getting most of those scholarships restored by the NCAA so brighter times are coming.....ahead of schedule.
Yeah and I love the idea of building around Hackenberg WITH O'Brien.

DaQuan Jones and Robinson (and MAYBE Zwinak) should both be gone in the NFL next year though :/

**** interception.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #690
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

****ING RIGHT!

Defense came to play. Really bullying Michigan's offense.

Baller takeaway Lucas.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #691
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Penn State wins coins toss.

Says ", it's okay Mich, you can have the ball."

Defense destroys Michigan, gives offense ball at 20.

Hackenberg's monster dick does the rest.

First-blood. Touchdown.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #692
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Devin Gardner to Devin Funchess....TD Michigan.

Michigan and Penn State tied up 7-7.
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #693
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Michigan TE Devin Funchess is going to catch a lot of passes in the NFL when he declares.

He is only a true sophomore, so he'll play at least one more year at Michigan.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #694
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Michigan got their leader on defense, OLB Jake Ryan, back on the field for the first time this season.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #695
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Devin Gardner has been a turnover machine this season.

He's thrown 2 INTs in the first half versus Penn State.

Dude needs a swift kick to the berries every time he turns the ball over.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #696
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Devin Gardner has been a turnover machine this season.

He's thrown 2 INTs in the first half versus Penn State.

Dude needs a swift kick to the berries every time he turns the ball over.
In his defense, it sure as hell isn't all him. Penn State's defense has been dominating Mich in every aspect aside from a blown coverage that lead to be the big touchdown.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #697
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

God, I hope we draft DaQuan.

Side bonus: He can teach Sly how to play football.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #698
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

3rd and 10? Hackenberg laughs at moving the chains and instead tosses a TD again.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #699
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

DaQuan is quite literally unblockable.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #700
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Bridgewater isn't better than Manuel/Smith? Craziness.
The overall QB class. Bridgewater is a good prospect, but it isn't like the other guys to me are loads better than say what Landry Jones, Matt Barkley, Glennon, etc were last year.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote