The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #26
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
I don't much creedence to articles that refer to the legislation as Obamacare... its not called Obamacare, if the Patient Protection and Afforable Care Act....

In 2014 I can buy personal health coverage and leave this ****ing job.... thank you, Mr. Obama.
I heard this argument once. Then I figured out that many liberal columnists were calling it the same thing.

Off the top of my head, both Krugman and Klein are no longer to be trusted on the "ACA" by the "said Obamacare" standard.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #27
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
And when those hypothetical folks you say could go to the hospital and get the necessary medical care had no insurance, who do you think got stuck with the bill? How do you suppose that affects costs?
How are they going to affect my cost when they still don't have insurance and they still show up at the hospital?

Please tell me Obamacare means they'll suddenly be turned away.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100783056

This clusterfark of a bill solved nothing.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:57 AM   #28
B-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
How are they going to affect my cost when they still don't have insurance and they still show up at the hospital?

that's why people are charged a penalty for failing to obtain coverage, to build a "uninsured/negligent/deadbeat" pool so to speak. Prior to the ACA many people who were treated in the ED had their charges written off to bad debt, and we just made up the difference charging you more the next fiscal year- it all gets paid for somewhere, perhaps rejoice in the fact that the intent is for you not to continue floating the bill for those who are not willing to pay their own way.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #29
B-Large

Quote:
I heard this argument once. Then I figured out that many liberal columnists were calling it the same thing.

Off the top of my head, both Krugman and Klein are no longer to be trusted on the "ACA" by the "said Obamacare" standard.

Krugman and Klein discuss is to sell themselves, they are entertainers as much as economists and journalists- when you hear a true policy expert discuss the Law, they don't make themselves looks like ***** by calling it by the politicized name...
Old 06-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #30
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapoth...rtner=yahootix

Rate Shock: In California, Obamacare to Increase Individual Health Insurance Premiums by 64-146%

This guy obviously has a different take on the PR spin Calif just put out on Obamacare.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...r-on-bros.html

Quote:
Avik Roy, former health-care-policy adviser for Mitt Romney, found a different way to frame the news: “Rate Shock: In California, Obamacare To Increase Individual Health Insurance Premiums By 64-146%.”

Roy’s piece, which gained widespread, wide-eyed circulation in the conservative media, was quickly and ruthlessly torn to shreds by Ezra Klein, Rick Ungar, and Jonathan Cohn, in a spectacle that resembled a pack of lions tearing every scrap of flesh off a dead warthog.
I’d really urge you to read every one of those pieces and relish the carnage in every gory particular. But the gist of it is that Roy compared California’s plans to the teaser rates available on ehealthsurance.com. Those teaser rates turn out to bear little resemblance to actually available health-insurance rates — they exclude swaths of potential consumers for even minute health problems.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #31
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Krugman and Klein discuss is to sell themselves, they are entertainers as much as economists and journalists- when you hear a true policy expert discuss the Law, they don't make themselves looks like ***** by calling it by the politicized name...

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate...to-fight-obama

Health Experts use it. (even ones friendly to Obamacare) Major news agencies headline with it. Just realize you set an impossible double-standard and move on.

Besides, no title could be more politicized than the "Affordable Care Act"
Old 06-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #32
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:

They won't be turned away and they WILL have insurance. That's the point of the law. How is it possible you are missing it?

Before ACA: uninsured get mandated treatment at hospitals, skip out on the bill, costs get passed on to the rest of us.

After ACA: everybody insured, hospitals get paid, costs don't get passed on.

Get it Zeke?

Last edited by The Lone Bolt; 06-05-2013 at 11:17 AM..
The Lone Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #33
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
They won't be turned away and they WILL have insurance. That's the point of the law. How is it possible you are missing it?

Before ACA: uninsured get mandated treatment at hospitals, skip out on the bill, costs get passed on to the rest of us.

After ACA: everybody insured, hospitals get paid, costs don't get passed on.

Get it Zeke?
I'll take that bet. Even CBO estimates at least 30 million Americans will remain uninsured under Obamacare, compared to 40-50 million before it was enacted.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aroy/201...e-penalty-tax/

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 06-05-2013 at 12:19 PM..
Old 06-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #34
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
that's why people are charged a penalty for failing to obtain coverage
Only people who make over a certain middle-class income threshold (and don't have insurance coverage) are penalized.

Everyone else under that income threshold doesn't need to carry health insurance. Like I said before, everyone who can't afford health care, is already covered on either CICP, Medicaid, or Medicare. Obamacare does nothing except raise costs and shift them onto the middle-class.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #35
pricejj
jungle

Not only that, Obamacare is creating a MASSIVE shift in the way many corporations (especially retail) allocate hours. Good luck getting over 30 hours a week if you work in a grocery store. Thanks Obamacare!

Those people who used to have health insurance, and we're making enough money to make ends meet are now either laid-off or cut to below 30 hours and don't qualify for employer sponsored insurance...an even bigger burden on the taxpayer.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #36
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Because those employers are cheap and would rather get more money than give employees insurance options.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #37
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Because those employers are cheap and would rather get more money than give employees insurance options.
This is a pretty retahded argument. What qualifies your average business owner to know more about your health care needs than you do?

Should your employer also provide your family with three squares a day and housing, lest they be "cheap"

Employer-provided health care isn't a solution, it's mostly a problem in and of itself. Born of Depression Era wage controls bolstered by expectations evolving to entitlement.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #38
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
I'll take that bet. Even CBO estimates at least 30 million Americans will remain uninsured under Obamacare, compared to 40-50 million before it was enacted.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aroy/201...e-penalty-tax/
We shall see. Even if that's the case it can be addressed through reform.

Last edited by The Lone Bolt; 06-05-2013 at 04:37 PM..
Old 06-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #39
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Based on the word of this clown again?
What other choice does he have?
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #40
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
What other choice does he have?
Mea culpa: CBO does make that estimate. However it's clear that Avik Roy is a repub shill and has been putting a relentless negative spin on the ACA.

Last edited by The Lone Bolt; 06-05-2013 at 06:41 PM..
Old 06-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #41
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Well yeah, especially when prices have continued to skyrocket, there is a mandate, and a monster subsidy is created. Why not shove the burden onto taxpayers?
Old 06-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #42
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
! You mean like school districts? They have cut too (not on teachers or salary wages but those that earn by the hour).
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #43
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Them too.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote