The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #501
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Are PS4's going to allow PS3 games to be ran on them?
nope... no console in this generation will. But AC4 is a game for the PS3 and PS4.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:18 AM   #502
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Arshashins Cweed? Pass.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #503
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Epic nerd thread is epic.

Pretty sure the first time I see InFamous 3 (Not second son...have a feeling) or Uncharted 4 I'm going to pass out.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #504
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

This argument needs to be settled by a couple of rounds of Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct. . . followed by Mario Party 3.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #505
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
This argument needs to be settled by a couple of rounds of Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct. . . followed by Mario Party 3.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #506
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
My knowledge of Dev kits is admittedly lacking, so clarify this for me: isn't the kit supposed to be an accurate representation of the system with which they're utilizing? You wouldn't develop games for a system that couldn't handle functions beyond it's capability, right?

As to the second part, I'm happy to take their speculation with a grain of salt, but am more inclined to read into it simply because of the intimacy THEY have with the systems, compared to what we the consumers have. There is USUALLY fire where smoke is found.

EDIT: Drek clarified above.
A Dev Kit is generally a PC designed to imitate a console's actual hardware, it does not include the system's actual silicon.

Last edited by Willynowei; 06-17-2013 at 10:02 AM..
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:02 AM   #507
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
This isn't how it works at all. Final dev kits are final system hardware with expanded features and connectivity to PCs. Alpha and beta kits are high end PCs so that they can emulate hardware specific features not actually available on PC hardware, but are meant to give an environment as close to the final build as possible with hopes of easy transitions between kit overhauls. All games made on them are programmed in advance to use the specific hardware features of the target console that generally doesn't exist elsewhere.

So what exactly is MS doing with a Windows 7 PC to emulate the cache methodology needed to stream data from DDR3 to the ESRAM for maximum bandwidth to the GPU? Last I checked Nvidia doesn't have an all in one card with 32MB of ESRAM. You can't just plug and play that **** over.

Also, you sure as hell don't change from ATi cards in your dev kits to Nvidia cards in your desktop demo units just because it's "easier". If anything there should be a significant amount of ATi specific shader implementation going on that would make a direct Nvidia jump painful if not nearly impossible. On PC we already have "runs better on ATi" and "best on Nvidia graphics" advertising pushes, with a console using ATi silicon that difference should only be magnified.

Its smoke and mirrors, simple as that. Again not surprising given the rumors about MS' hardware fabrication issues, a lead technical director at Avalanche (Just Cause franchise) saying that not only was Sony's system currently more powerful but that their development tools were also further advanced, etc..
Xbox One's silicon is customized to higher degree than the PS4's soc, predictable that the One's final dev kits were released later.

The only one pulling out smoke and mirrors is you trying to make this a bigger issue than it is. In all likelihood both system's games will reflect at gold what they showed at E3.
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #508
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

1. Halo is being made by 343 who made the worst Halo to date with Halo 4 when they just copy pasted Bungie's design. That template has been worn thin with all the spin offs and sequels they've been churning out.

2. Titanfall is a timed exclusive from EA. It's a one year deal, FYI, and it's also on PC.

3. Ryse (spelled with a "y") is a former Kinect game remapped to a controller. It's being made by Crytek who's Crysis games have been steadily declining in quality since the original. The game has some of the most shallow gameplay I've ever seen (QTEs for combat, auto aimed spears that magically appear in your hands, moving along a straight line corridor masked as a battlefield).

These really shouldn't be your "MS got the exclusives!" argument. Try Forza 5 (even though they're removing the auction house, weather, and night time racing), Quantum Break (from the makers of Alan Wake), and Below (new rougelike from Capy).
Titanfall is not a timed exclusive. It's not even in development for any other console than the Xbox or PC.

Quote:
So with a small but growing team, Respawn started prototyping ideas in Valve’s Source Engine. Concepts that worked survived. Anything that wasn’t immediately fun got cut. Initially, the team was just making a game with next-gen consoles in mind. Microsoft wouldn’t announce Xbox One for three more years, so Respawn, who teamed up with publisher EA, wasn’t building Titanfall with exclusivity in mind. It wasn’t until the cloud functionality that Respawn realized what it could do with Windows 8 and what would become Xbox One. “It allowed us to think of the game a little differently,” Zampella explains. “That was the perfect solution.” Offloading artificial intelligence and dedicated servers to the cloud guarantee a smoother experience with smarter enemies in a game that blurs the line between single-player campaign and competitive multiplayer.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...8afa8465000003
Old 06-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #509
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I just put in a order for a ps4, Xbox can kiss it
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #510
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Titanfall is not a timed exclusive. It's not even in development for any other console than the Xbox or PC.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...8afa8465000003
It has been stated that the deal they have in place with Microsoft is one year only. You can choose to believe once that year is up they won't port it, but that seems rather naive to me.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:41 PM   #511
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
It has been stated that the deal they have in place with Microsoft is one year only. You can choose to believe once that year is up they won't port it, but that seems rather naive to me.
no. Look it up everywhere! Its Xbox One and PC. No such thing as a 1 year exclusivity. Even Zampella said it's for the Xbox and PC only. Go look up the game website, and if it's no enough go to it's forums. Heck... even it's wiki page says its for the Xbox and PC. Not happening dude. Not for at least a couple years. Think Mass Effect wait length.

Come up with a credible source that states that it's coming to the PS4. I gave a direct interview from the main head at the studio clearly saying that Titanfall happened because of Windows 8 (lol) and the Xbox One cloud service (no.... it's not only for storage like the PS4)

Quote:
Zampella founded Respawn with ex-Infinity Ward partner Jason West in 2010. “The day we announced the studio,” Zampella says, “an hour later I’m on the phone with our Microsoft rep. ‘We have dev kits. Tell us where to send them.’ There were no hoops to jump through...that’s just the relationship we have.”

So with a small but growing team, Respawn started prototyping ideas in Valve’s Source Engine. Concepts that worked survived. Anything that wasn’t immediately fun got cut. Initially, the team was just making a game with next-gen consoles in mind. Microsoft wouldn’t announce Xbox One for three more years, so Respawn, who teamed up with publisher EA, wasn’t building Titanfall with exclusivity in mind. It wasn’t until the cloud functionality that Respawn realized what it could do with Windows 8 and what would become Xbox One. “It allowed us to think of the game a little differently,” Zampella explains. “That was the perfect solution.” Offloading artificial intelligence and dedicated servers to the cloud guarantee a smoother experience with smarter enemies in a game that blurs the line between single-player campaign and competitive multiplayer.

Last edited by Heyneck; 06-17-2013 at 05:49 PM..
Old 06-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #512
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
no. Look it up everywhere! Its Xbox One and PC. No such thing as a 1 year exclusivity. Even Zampella said it's for the Xbox and PC only. Go look up the game website, and if it's no enough go to it's forums. Heck... even it's wiki page says its for the Xbox and PC. Not happening dude. Not for at least a couple years. Think Mass Effect wait length.

Come up with a credible source that states that it's coming to the PS4. I gave a direct interview from the main head at the studio clearly saying that Titanfall happened because of Windows 8 (lol) and the Xbox One cloud service (no.... it's not only for storage like the PS4)
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #513
lolcopter

news the past page has not been surprising at all

lol microsoft
Old 06-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #514
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I think Ive said this already...but get the system you want. Play the games you want. Geesh.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #515
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

I think this will be the first time I wait a year or 2 before buying a new system.
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:33 AM   #516
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Of course everyone says its an exclusive now, they're contractually obligated to do so.

Meanwhile a long time poster on a popular video games forum who called the vast majority of Microsoft's conference in advance (including Respawn's first game, Titanfall, being XB1 exclusive) says its a one year contract after which EA can do as they please.

There's a good chance that they might not port it, after all this is the guys who created CoD working with EA. If Titanfall is a success they'll be looking to get Titanfall 2 out ASAP and that without any contract to keep them from going on every system possible, so they might just skip Titanfall 1 on PS4 in the rush to get 2 on every system.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:44 AM   #517
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post
Xbox One's silicon is customized to higher degree than the PS4's soc, predictable that the One's final dev kits were released later.

The only one pulling out smoke and mirrors is you trying to make this a bigger issue than it is. In all likelihood both system's games will reflect at gold what they showed at E3.
It isn't especially more customized, they just chose to make a bigger APU so they could go with 32MB of ESRAM, which means they've got a 5 billion transistor chip while Sony's is 3 billion despite having significantly more shader cores and compute units.

In fact, Sony's engineers have done quite a bit of customization with their chip as well. While Microsoft had to include data move engines to make even feeding the ESRAM from DDR3 possible at anything faster than the DDR3's 68GB/s bandwidth Sony was instead adding dual directional pipelines for the CPU and GPU that lets them pass data directly over a 20GB/s connection (as fast as the CPU can reasonably handle data),therefore avoiding the need to double handle data back through the main memory.

The PS4 is an incredibly efficient design, but then it should be since the guy who designed it, Mark Cerny, is an icon in the industry well known for reinventing how games are designed from the ground up. His stated goal with the PS4 was to finally get hardware out of the way of game design by giving the most easy to use hardware possible. He even considered going with an ESRAM/DDR3 setup but decided that the extra programming to make it work wasn't worth the cost savings, and bet on 4Gb GDDR5 chips being ready for 2013 (and was right, otherwise the PS4 would have had 4GB of RAM).
Old 06-18-2013, 05:05 AM   #518
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I think Ive said this already...but get the system you want. Play the games you want. Geesh.

OR all of them, that's the only way to be absolutely sure.

***except the Wii U....so done with Nintendo
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #519
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #520
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Of course everyone says its an exclusive now, they're contractually obligated to do so.

Meanwhile a long time poster on a popular video games forum who called the vast majority of Microsoft's conference in advance (including Respawn's first game, Titanfall, being XB1 exclusive) says its a one year contract after which EA can do as they please.

There's a good chance that they might not port it, after all this is the guys who created CoD working with EA. If Titanfall is a success they'll be looking to get Titanfall 2 out ASAP and that without any contract to keep them from going on every system possible, so they might just skip Titanfall 1 on PS4 in the rush to get 2 on every system.
I can definitely see that happening.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #521
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I can definitely see that happening.
The one reason they might not is that if the game is very successful on the Xbox line EA will want to maximize revenue on going multi-plat. Since TitanFall is a Source engine game and the PS4 is an x86 system that uses a visual studio based environment you could damn near port it to the PS4 in a free weekend. Slipping a PS4 version out a little before TitanFall 2 is unveiled would garner a bunch of "freebie" sales who would almost all roll over to TitanFall 2 in less than a year. Great way to double tap the PS4 audience.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #522
Agamemnon

Quote:
The one reason they might not is that if the game is very successful on the Xbox line EA will want to maximize revenue on going multi-plat. Since TitanFall is a Source engine game and the PS4 is an x86 system that uses a visual studio based environment you could damn near port it to the PS4 in a free weekend. Slipping a PS4 version out a little before TitanFall 2 is unveiled would garner a bunch of "freebie" sales who would almost all roll over to TitanFall 2 in less than a year. Great way to double tap the PS4 audience.
And that's assuming they haven't already designed a PS4 version or will be doing so before the license runs out, so they can just drop it the following week.

Personally, I don't get all the excitement surrounding Titanfall, but then I'm not a COD fan.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #523
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
And that's assuming they haven't already designed a PS4 version or will be doing so before the license runs out, so they can just drop it the following week.

Personally, I don't get all the excitement surrounding Titanfall, but then I'm not a COD fan.
There is no info on the length of the exclusive license, but Respawn has indicated they'd like to get the game on the PS4 at some point in the future. With EA publishing it, they're just looking to make the most money they can, and I am sure they'll want to port it at some point... just a question of when. Maybe right before the launch of Titanfall 2 if longer than a 1 year exclusive license?

http://www.examiner.com/article/resp...ll-ps4-release
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #524
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I'm interested in how it will turn out. No developer has really done mixed foot and mech combat well and this isn't the first time it has been tried. The IW/Respawn team made good games but they have never been the kind to reinvent the gaming wheel like Platinum, Nintendo EAD, and Naughty Dog. They've got quite the challenge ahead of them.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #525
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Xbox One Will Not Require Internet, Restrict Used Games

No more game lending restrictions, daily check-ins or region locks.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...d78f5c54000011