The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 11:29 PM   #326
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
you can't be too old if you're incapable of writing two sentences without appealing to two meaningless internet memes.
Gen X for teh win. Lol.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:44 PM   #327
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yC8FbgGnd0

I'll just leave this right here..
Good god, Microsoft is a sinking ship. Essentially conceding the non-internet consumers (such as the Servicemen serving overseas) to PS4?

There are some folks on here that do PR work for companies, and I wonder what they think of Microsoft's mistakes on the PR front. I mean it's one botched thing after another.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:59 PM   #328
Dexter
Pro Bowler

Bay Harbor Butcher

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Good god, Microsoft is a sinking ship. Essentially conceding the non-internet consumers (such as the Servicemen serving overseas) to PS4?

There are some folks on here that do PR work for companies, and I wonder what they think of Microsoft's mistakes on the PR front. I mean it's one botched thing after another.
Funny you say that. I just finished my journalism degree with an emphasis in PR. I cringed when he said what he said.

Xbox has to figure some **** out.

1) Not many people care about Kinect. Those who do probably aren't your hardcore base.

2) It's $100 more expensive.

3)24 hour "check in" crap

4) Used game bull****

Oh you have a problem with these issues? Play the 360. Yeah right. Or the PS4.

You would think that they would have an interest in meeting customer demands. Also, does anyone else think it's weird that it's called "Xbox One" because it's an "all in one" device, yet it still comes with 2 pieces of hardware? By the way, you HAVE to have the Kinect plugged into the Xbox One. You can turn it off in a menu, however.

Last edited by Dexter; 06-12-2013 at 12:05 AM..
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:02 AM   #329
extralife
Ring of Famer

I think it says something when you can get a journalism degree in PR

let's not talk about this
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:07 AM   #330
Dexter
Pro Bowler

Bay Harbor Butcher

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
I think it says something when you can get a journalism degree in PR

let's not talk about this
Not sure what you mean, but thanks.
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:09 AM   #331
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Get an extra, life.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:02 AM   #332
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
will PS3 games be compatible on the PS4?

Microsoft is really ****ting themselves with their current releases. Windows 8 is a piece of **** that makes Vista look good. and then this X-Box fiasco.

Sony will own the gaming sales for a long time.
No, neither system will have backwards compatibility with disc games. From what I understand, too complex and costly to do.

Also, I don't understand the negativity from extralife here. Whatever floats your boat bro.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:28 AM   #333
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
paying an xbox live fee to be able to watch netflix is bull****
I have 3 ways to watch Netflix on the same tv my 360 is on. Really not that much of an issue anymore.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #334
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
No, neither system will have backwards compatibility with disc games. From what I understand, too complex and costly to do.

Also, I don't understand the negativity from extralife here. Whatever floats your boat bro.
i hate that there is no backwards compatibility. that is definitely an issue that will keep me from buying a new system for awhile.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #335
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i hate that there is no backwards compatibility. that is definitely an issue that will keep me from buying a new system for awhile.
Sony's response has been that they will be putting up the PS3 titles on PSPlus moving forward for streaming. However, that doesn't address the issue of whether you already owned the game. Its not the best solution by far. Too bad.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #336
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Sony's response has been that they will be putting up the PS3 titles on PSPlus moving forward for streaming. However, that doesn't address the issue of whether you already owned the game. Its not the best solution by far. Too bad.
I'm not sure when backwards compatibility became the be all end all. It was basically never a thing until PS1/2/3 and Xbox/360. I'm kinda pissed I can't call the original Xbox the Xbox 1 anymore, BTW

All the cartridge-based era lacked backwards compatibility. Except maybe handheld stuff. But I'd rather they focus their money and energy on the next gen, rather than installing parallel processing hardware or dicking with emulation.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #337
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I'm not sure when backwards compatibility became the be all end all. It was basically never a thing until PS1/2/3 and Xbox/360. I'm kinda pissed I can't call the original Xbox the Xbox 1 anymore, BTW

All the cartridge-based era lacked backwards compatibility. Except maybe handheld stuff. But I'd rather they focus their money and energy on the next gen, rather than installing parallel processing hardware or dicking with emulation.
I actually don't disagree with you. It is a nice feature to have, but after a year or so most people get wrapped up in the current generation of games. The PS3 started to sell a lot better when they trimmed it down and removed backward compatibility to allow them a cheaper sales price.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #338
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I look at it like this; I am not getting rid of my PS3 when I get a PS4. I will continue to use my PS3 for the games I friggin love. Uncharted, InFamous, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Skyrim, Fall Out and Borderlands 1/2. Just how it goes.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #339
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Doesn't look like it to me:

Overall dimensions are slightly smaller than a 360 Slim.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #340
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yC8FbgGnd0

I'll just leave this right here..
loooooolllllll

What a joke of a company. Ballmer should have been canned forever ago. Windows 8 is a steaming pile of crap, windows phone --, xbone is ****ed from the get to because outside of running W8 on it they screwed up in every way imaginable. The retards in charge in Redmond need to be canned ASAP if anything is going to save this sinking ship

lolmicrosoft
Old 06-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #341
lolcopter

Fwiw I'll prob sell my ps3 to subsidize the ps4 purchase. No reason the hang onto a legacy console when all I really play is madden and black ops zombies
Old 06-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #342
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Sony lost most of it's best exclusives. Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. Xbox won as the "Best Gaming Console". Pissed about internet connection and the used and loaned games? Deal with it an roll with the times. When the original Xbox was announced, it practically obligated people to move on from Dial up modems to cable. I keep my console connected to the internet now days all the time... and that's me living in a 3rd world country like Colombia.

And since Sony left it to the publishers to charge for the used games, I have no doubt that they will be adopting the same business model that Microsoft has proposed. Money of used games will go to the publishers on the Xbox. There will be a market for them... and a big one. Think the publishers won't ask the same from Sony once they see they are making money on the Xbox? The big losers in all of this on the long run will be stores like Gamestop and their like. Fine by me!

Xbox one looks great! Still has the best controller (that PS4 one is one fugly son of a gun), and now can say I have the game franchises that I always envied from Sony. Plus, we still have Halo and finally some awesome looking exclusives. Titanfall and Rise look awesome!!!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #343
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post

They haven't made any mistake on the PR front, it's a business model they are betting on. Kind of like when they bet on the original Xbox connecting through cable instead of dial up on a time when it was barely adapted by most of the world. Look how things work now days.

You guys make me laugh so much. Betting against a company that makes money on pretty much everything it throws out against a Jap company that is really going down the drain on an economic level. Think what you will, but Sony won't be existing in a couple years unless the PS4 somehow saves them their certain doom.

FYI... servicemen overseas have access to game stations with internet in most cases. I used to play Halo 3 with a handful of friends touring in Irak and Afghanistan. So really... they will be enjoying their Xbox One and Halo 5 thank you.

Last edited by Heyneck; 06-12-2013 at 04:02 PM..
Old 06-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #344
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
They haven't made any mistake on the PR front, it's a business model they are betting on. Kind of like when they bet on the original Xbox connecting through cable instead of dial up on a time when it was barely adapted by most of the world. Look how things work now days.

You guys make me laugh so much. Betting against a company that makes money on pretty much everything it throws out against a Jap company that is really going down the drain on an economic level. Think what you will, but Sony won't be existing in a couple years unless the PS4 somehow saves them their certain doom.

FYI... servicemen overseas have access to game stations with internet in most cases. I used to play Halo 3 with a handful of friends touring in Irak and Afghanistan. So really... they will be enjoying their Xbox One and Halo 5 thank you.
Really? They're getting bashed everywhere and not just on the Omane. That is PR. Maybe its their business model, but they've completely failed to deliver good PR. Instead of taking a beating on price, they should be pointing out that Xbone comes with Kinect, where Move is not included with PS4. Instead of telling people if they can't get internet they should just get a 360, they should state that they expect most buyers will have internet connections that will enhance the overall gaming experience.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #345
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Sony lost most of it's best exclusives. Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. Xbox won as the "Best Gaming Console". Pissed about internet connection and the used and loaned games? Deal with it an roll with the times. When the original Xbox was announced, it practically obligated people to move on from Dial up modems to cable. I keep my console connected to the internet now days all the time... and that's me living in a 3rd world country like Colombia.

And since Sony left it to the publishers to charge for the used games, I have no doubt that they will be adopting the same business model that Microsoft has proposed. Money of used games will go to the publishers on the Xbox. There will be a market for them... and a big one. Think the publishers won't ask the same from Sony once they see they are making money on the Xbox? The big losers in all of this on the long run will be stores like Gamestop and their like. Fine by me!

Xbox one looks great! Still has the best controller (that PS4 one is one fugly son of a gun), and now can say I have the game franchises that I always envied from Sony. Plus, we still have Halo and finally some awesome looking exclusives. Titanfall and Rise look awesome!!!

Sony is not charging at all for used games. You buy the game, it is yours to do with as you please. Sony does not require a "check in" with Sony servers to play games in the first place. Final Fantasy is on the PS4. Not sure what you meant by Sony exclusives. The most popular games that were exclusive to Sony were God of War, Little Big Planet, Uncharted and InFamous. They are not going anywhere.

Microsoft is making the same mistakes Sony originally made with the PS3 as far as price. Sony has a more powerful machine for $100 less. They also seem to be offering better independent game content and if you do not do multiplayer, you do not pay Sony for the right to go online through the PS4 for netflix, amazon prime, vudu, music, ect.

Both systems look awesome, but Microsoft is basically saying they do not trust their consumers, Sony is saying "go nuts". So at this stage its a matter of personal preference. I like Sony, I am getting a PS4. The power of Halo 5 (woo?) or the ability to say "xbox on" does not compel me to spend $500. And where did you see "Xbox won" best gaming console when it is not out yet?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #346
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Halo 4 sucked balls. Why on earth would I spend 500 bucks to continue to play that crap.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #347
lolcopter

lol heyneck, glad to see someone still fanboying it up for xbone

Microsofts current business model is pushing everything into mobile format ASAP, who cares if the infrastructures in place are ready or not...

Windows 8 -- jamming a phablet overlay what would otherwise be a solid OS, because they're trying to FORCE consumers into that paradigm. They've created a solution to a problem that doesn't even exist. And now they this bastardized metro overlay in which a developer could ship windows rt "apps" that are only compatible in that very tiny niche environment.

Apple and google have it right -- despite minor display differences, you can run iOS apps on both iPhone and iPad, same as running android apk's on both android phones and tablets. There is a cross compatibility between the phone and tablet environments. Can you run windows phone apps on RT or vice versa? NOPE, but you can run legit desktop apps underneath all the wannabe tablet bs

Now to the gaming side, I don't see how anyone can apologize for the blatantly anti-consumer model they're pushing forward with the xbone. Again, "oh you have a phone that can download games directly, update them OTA, and you can't loan them to a friend??" LET'S MAKE OUR CONSOLE DO THAT TOO!!!! Why? Cuz it's the future duh

Oh you have a good interns connection? Oh you don't loan games? Oh you don't buy used games? Oh you don't mind having kinect be MANDATORY on your always connected device? Cool story bro, you're one of the last remaining Xbox fanboys after this flaming turd has been trotted out.

Loved the part about Sony being a jap company on the decline though. They at least learned from mistakes made during the ps3 launch, and they're well aware they're a HARDWARE company, unlike Microsoft which is a software company trying to become a services/hardware company. The xbone was their last real shot at accomplishing that rather large goal, but it looks like that's going the way of windows rt tablets well before its even released.

Sony has better hardware.
Sony has better consumer policies.
Sony has less regional restrictions for games/systems.
Sony doesn't have a BS used game policy that is yet to be completely hashed out.
Sony doesn't recommend you playing the ps3 if you don't like certain features of ps4.

Microsoft is a huge ****ing joke right now and they have yet to make any strides in correcting their errors.

Have fun with all that though.

Last edited by lolcopter; 06-12-2013 at 04:32 PM..
Old 06-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #348
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Sony has a more powerful machine for $100 less.
This reason alone is enough for Sony to win this race. Microsoft pulling all this wannabe-NSA bull**** is the cherry on top of their grave

I'll take the console with better hardware, better consumer policies, and better pricing every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #349
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Really? They're getting bashed everywhere and not just on the Omane. That is PR. Maybe its their business model, but they've completely failed to deliver good PR. Instead of taking a beating on price, they should be pointing out that Xbone comes with Kinect, where Move is not included with PS4. Instead of telling people if they can't get internet they should just get a 360, they should state that they expect most buyers will have internet connections that will enhance the overall gaming experience.
Yes really! Sure maybe the guy didn't say it in the best and kindest way... but what would you expect? That they would change the business model just because of a backlash generated by console fan boys? Lol! That's how business fail. Sure you listen to your costumers, but it they have a business model that they are positive is going to work, in no way will they back down.

And... it's been put out there loud and clear that the Xbox One comes with the Kinect included. Hence the price difenrential between both consoles.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #350
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

So xbox gets to use my internet connection for free- to see, monitor and determine if I have too many people playing a game on my xbox at a time. I however, have to pay them to use the internet to play other people online?

They use my highspeed internet I pay for for free. They get all the knowlege of clothing brands, paint colors, types of furniture all that marketing stuff for free- through my internet connection.

But I have to pay to play through their system.

Yeaaaaaa?
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote