The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 07:17 AM   #26
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

When I stopped taking Adam Schein's opinions seriously:

Quote:
10 bold predictions for 2005

1. The Broncos will finish in the cellar in the AFC West
So let me get this straight: The Browns give up chunks of yards on the ground in 2004 and the Broncos go out and get their defensive line for this season. Unreal.

I don't trust Denver quarterback Jake Plummer. Never have. Never will. I'm still having visions of that left-handed throw dancing in my head. Sure he can make the impossible possible, but what concerns me is the interception he throws in the second quarter that gives the opposition an easy seven points.

Or as TV analyst and former 49ers great Randy Cross says, "Plummer is the Billy Graham of the NFL. He can make 70,000 people say 'Jesus' in unison."

Ron Dayne has also the ball well in August before, only to disappear from September to December.

Champ Bailey has a bad hamstring. That makes me very concerned when I look at the rest of the Broncos' cover corners.

And you can make the case Denver plays in the best division in the NFL this year.

The Chiefs beefed up their defense significantly with Derrick Johnson, Pat Surtain, Sammy Knight, Kendrell Bell, and the underrated Carlos Hall.

San Diego might just be the most balanced team in the AFC.

Oakland's offense will challenge the Colts for being the greatest in the NFL. Kerry Collins is going to succeed in Norv Turner's high-powered attack. Randy Moss will have a fantastic season. Jerry Porter is a perfect No. 2 wideout. And Lamont Jordan is the perfect Turner-style back, and his ability to control the game will aid the Raiders defense. Expect Jordan to have a Pro Bowl-caliber season.

7-9 can easily be last place in the division. That's what I see for the Broncos.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #27
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

By Adam Schein..... and I stopped reading.

I am impressed by all the posters here that are aware of the giantness of his douche quotient.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #28
SimonFletcher73
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Goose Gonsoulin

SimonFletcher73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #29
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
A lot depends on our RB position. If Ball can win the job or at least not **** the bed we could be unstoppable.

Upon reflection it really took PM 5 and one half games to get back in sync. He is going to be better out of the gate and hopefully his arm is stronger after a offseason without setbacks.

I remember watching games late in the season where everything (minus a Decker trip, or McGahee fumble) was clicking and they were destroying the teams and thinking this is fun. No reason the expectations should be lower especially after the FA signings and Draft we just had.
This.

With a strong run game PM will be playing downhill much of the time.

Big questions on Defense: Is it time to move Champ to safety? And what about MLB?
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #30
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Well hold on there for a second cowboy. Let your Elway boner calm down a bit.

First off, the QB is a wash. Manning is as good, if not better, then Elway was at this age. Thomas has more ability then Rod Smith had. Decker is more athletic then Mac but probably not as good hands. Not taking anything from Smith or Mac, but they did have the ultimate ground game (which they helped contribute to) to allow them more single matchups. I think that line was obviously better but really hard to compare because the schemes were so different. And there is no comparing any of our current RB's to TD. We hope Ball can be there one day but as of now, not even close. And Sharpe was obviously head and shoulders better then anybody we have now. But this team now also has the best slot WR in the league and the 97 team didn't. So they very different offenses. But I would lean towards the 97 team being a little better. But it's not like it's a monster gap so when you say it isn't even close, I suggest you go back and look at some stats and you'll change your tune. It's much closer then you think.

If DT gets to what ROD SMITH did in this league he has done very well. Zimmerman is a HOF, Sharpe is a HOF, TD should be a HOF, Elway was more clutch then Manning in playoffs, Griffith was the best FB in the NFL at the time, Nalen, Stinky, were among the best in tbhe NFL at their spots at the time. Atwater,, Neil Smith, Crockett all good players on defense.

IMO that team was way more talented then this one. People just don't realize how good that team was. Decker better then eddie mac? not yet he isn't. Still waiting to see him crush a linebacker on a block even one time like eddie mac would. Sharpe, Smith, Eddie Mac, TD, Griffith, Elway oh my lord what an offense.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #31
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
If DT gets to what ROD SMITH did in this league he has done very well. Zimmerman is a HOF, Sharpe is a HOF, TD should be a HOF, Elway was more clutch then Manning in playoffs, Griffith was the best FB in the NFL at the time, Nalen, Stinky, were among the best in tbhe NFL at their spots at the time. Atwater,, Neil Smith, Crockett all good players on defense.

IMO that team was way more talented then this one. People just don't realize how good that team was. Decker better then eddie mac? not yet he isn't. Still waiting to see him crush a linebacker on a block even one time like eddie mac would. Sharpe, Smith, Eddie Mac, TD, Griffith, Elway oh my lord what an offense.
This debate is silly. When this team wins a Super Bowl or two it might be worth having, but right now it's just silly.

I will say that the assertion this team is way less talented is probably wrong, but talent and what a team actually accomplishes on the field are often worlds apart.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #32
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
This still isn't close to the Broncos best offense. So the defense needs to be really good.

Shannon Sharpe, TD, Rod Smith, Eddie Mac, Zimmerman, Stinky, Nalen, Griffith, Elway give me a break that offense was loaded.

These guys are good but before i say best offense they have to blow everyone out.
Zim was not on the 98 team.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #33
Bacchus

What I look at is we all see how Denver supossedly got better in the offseason. Now, how is Denver possibly worse?

1. McGahee was injured and might not make the team. Ball is unproven.
2. Kloppen started last year at Center and the team played better. He is not on the team this year.
3. No Elvis
4. MLB was a weakness last year, but could it be worse this year?
5. If DRC busts this year than it is back to scrambling around like when Porter went out last year but that only means things would be the same not worse.
6. Gase replaces McCoy, could inexperience hurt Denver?
7. Clady currently is not signed could come in unprepared, overweight.

That is all I can really come up with, and most of those are mild concerns. It seems there is only a 99% chance this team is better this year. I do not want 13-3 record this year. There is some seriously bad juju with that record. Even by NFL standards I think only one NFL team has had a 13-3 record and won the SB.

12-4 or 14-2 would be fine with me.