The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #201
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Moore is good enough for us to win a SB, let's phrase it to the team is good enough to win a SB with Moore at FS, which everyone would agree. I don't think that one play will be the trend in his game, rather a bad play that hopefully we don't see more of..

As far as finding difference makers at Free Safety, sure outside of the first round you don't expect day one starters at Free Safety. But that doesn't mean it's not possible, take Phillip Thomas who Washington took in the 4th round.. He will have every opportunity to start this year, and I think he will make more impact as a rookie, should he start than Moore has in both seasons. Because I think Thomas was a much much better prospect out of College than Moore.
We've talked about Phillip Thomas before. He's actually the only guy (in the entire draft), who I still think about. 3rd rounder instead of Kayvon Webster? Might have lost on that one. That dude is probably going to be pretty good. The only comfort I have in that pick is that it puts Tony Carter out of the equation (thank you lord jesus). I'll be watching Thomas closely this year, but trying not to tear up about it one way or the other. Have to see how it all plays out. I have to respect the Safeties we have, and move on.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #202
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I am a glass half full kind of guy, but perhaps I can't be that with Moore, because I didn't like him as a prospect out of college. My opinion is if we settle for Moore's improvements in tackling we are selling ourselves short.
.
.
We are selling ourselves short by saying well he improved his tackling.. Well great, but what about all those other attributes? Maybe he gets them.. But sometimes I think you either have it or you don't, and I haven't seen it in his College or now NFL game to be optimistic.

I would rather be a tough critic, using my evaluation and hope to be pleasantly surprised than to be optimistic and expecting he will ascertain those attributes, just to be let down..
That's fair enough, but who says we're settling for Moore and selling ourselves short?

There's no question that the team does expect Moore to step up his game in pass defense. Firing Ron Milus was a part of that but also consider Moore will be going into his third season now with a stable defense and scheme where his primary goal is going to be a much better coverage safety now that he's cleaned up his tackling. So the responsibility is on him to improve.

Let's see how he responds. If he responds even half as well as he did last offseason with his improved run defense then he can be an excellent all around safety.

If not, then we've got options with Quinton Carter and hopefully we start looking at Kerry Rhodes now that Woodson is out of the picture.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #203
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Yet another post of name calling. Your act is old. Others come with posts that explain their views without bashing the person. You come with nothing more than playground assaults. Lets hope you're under 18 cause it would be embarrassing if you're weren't.
I've already explained my views along with a couple other posters preaching the same logic and thought process. You're too damn blind to see it...we're using your set of rules and logic but you just choose to be ignorant.

Only embarrassing thing here is that you ARE over 18.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:00 PM   #204
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
I've already explained my views along with a couple other posters preaching the same logic and thought process. You're too damn blind to see it...we're using your set of rules and logic but you just choose to be ignorant.

Only embarrassing thing here is that you ARE over 18.
Your argument is weak. Saying im speculating by thinking the game would be over had that play been stopped is pullin strings. 4th down with seconds left and a mile to the goal line. Ya most here would expect that to be over. I'm done arguing with you. It's time to join MacGruder. Bye bye.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #205
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Your argument is weak. Saying im speculating by thinking the game would be over had that play been stopped is pullin strings. 4th down with seconds left and a mile to the goal line. Ya most here would expect that to be over. I'm done arguing with you. It's time to join MacGruder. Bye bye.
Out of all the points and "arguments" that me and others have made, you choose the weakest (yet still valid) one to make a point. You sound like a woman whose at her time of the month and she will desperately say anything no matter how stupid it makes her look.

Go back and reread everything with a clear mind...you might actually LEARN something.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #206
Action
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

The fact is, you already lost Drunken.Fan...

I gave you an example earlier...if Manning were to have thrown 6 interceptions and Broncos lost 4 fumbles...and yet were still in a position to win, and Moore gives up a big play like that...should Moore be mainly responsible for the loss?

Your answer was yes, which is just beyond comprehension in terms of the level of stupidity that goes into the brain cells that formulate that conclusion.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:28 AM   #207
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,811

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

"My last name is Moore for a reason. I have to work more, more, more," he said, laughing. "That's a joke."

Then his tone turned serious.

"I like to


While he might be remembered most for his coverage gaffe late in last season's playoff loss to the Baltimore Ravens, Rahim Moore tied for second in tackles among Broncos in that game with seven. (John Leyba, Denver Post file)
work on everything," he said. "You're never perfect. If you get beat, then it's something you've got to work on. If you make a mistake, there's something you've got to work on. Last time I checked, we didn't win the Super Bowl last year — I was to blame for it. I put that on me because I feel that is my responsibility, so I've got work to do. I want to go out there and give the fans what they want to see, especially as a team."
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...titude-covered
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #208
itherapies
Rookie
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 53

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Winners attitude. I think he'll do well this year.
itherapies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #209
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,541
Default

I hope Rahim has a pro bowl year and shuts up some hating fans.
He is our best S and we need him to continue to improve. He was leaps and bounds better from his rookie year to last, I expect him to make even more progression this coming season.
I think we'll finally see the play making S we expected him to be from when he was taken in the draft.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #210
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,811

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Moore & Duke will make quite a team
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #211
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I hope Rahim has a pro bowl year and shuts up some hating fans.
He is our best S and we need him to continue to improve. He was leaps and bounds better from his rookie year to last, I expect him to make even more progression this coming season.
I think we'll finally see the play making S we expected him to be from when he was taken in the draft.
I hope he does too and proves me wrong.

He's our best Safety...? Duke was the best Safety in the first preseason game.

Look at how Moore plays, SAFE. Duke has been running around making plays everywhere, he doesn't play with reckless abandonment, but he's plays each play with a sense of urgency and ferocity.

Duke has all the makings of an impact play maker, he just plays with a swagger and persona of a star. Moore on the other hand just tries to make the play and position himself to limit a big play. He doesn't go after the play and get it, Duke plays aggressive everywhere.

I just hope he can continue to emerge.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #212
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
He's our best Safety...? Duke was the best Safety in the first preseason game.
I like Duke. The guy looks like he has a lot of potential. But this sentence pretty much sums up why I think your self-proclaimed expertise when it comes to player assessment is a joke.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:22 PM   #213
FrankieTwoThumbs
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I hope he does too and proves me wrong.

He's our best Safety...? Duke was the best Safety in the first preseason game.

Look at how Moore plays, SAFE. Duke has been running around making plays everywhere, he doesn't play with reckless abandonment, but he's plays each play with a sense of urgency and ferocity.

Duke has all the makings of an impact play maker, he just plays with a swagger and persona of a star. Moore on the other hand just tries to make the play and position himself to limit a big play. He doesn't go after the play and get it, Duke plays aggressive everywhere.

I just hope he can continue to emerge.
So are you saying you can tell after that one preseason game that Duke is the best safety on the team for this coming year? Or just that your uncomfortable with anyone saying Moore is?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #214
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,601

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I like Duke. The guy looks like he has a lot of potential. But this sentence pretty much sums up why I think your self-proclaimed expertise when it comes to player assessment is a joke.
Agreed. It may, or may not, turn out that Bmore is correct in the long-run, but to use one preseason game as evidence for a statement is absurd.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #215
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

After seeing reaction to Bmore's sentence I read it a couple times. It states " duke was the best safety in the first preseason game". Was there another safety that played better in that game? No. Is Bmore stating duke is the best safety overrall on the team after watching the first preseason game? Not sure. All that sentence states is what was true. Duke was the best safety in the first preseason game. Didnt see another one play better. That sentence Doesn't mean he's the best long term or in general.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 08-17-2013 at 05:40 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #216
FrankieTwoThumbs
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
After seeing reaction to Bmore's sentence I read it a couple times. It states " duke was the best safety in the first preseason game". Was there another safety that played better in that game? No. Is Bmore stating duke is the best safety overrall on the team after watching the first preseason game? Not sure. All that sentence states is what was true. Duke was the best safety in the first preseason game. Didnt see another one play better. Doesn't mean he's the best long term or in general.
Yes, it was carefully worded, but since it was the answer to his own rhetorical question, "He's (Moore) our best Safety...?", I think its safe to say he is addressing that issue.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #217
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieTwoThumbs View Post
Yes, it was carefully worded, but since it was the answer to his own rhetorical question, "He's (Moore) our best Safety...?", I think its safe to say he is addressing that issue.
I wanted the safety position addressed this offseason. Him being the best safety just means there's not much there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #218
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,811

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

I say it was Colonel Mustard in the study with the lead pipe.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #219
FrankieTwoThumbs
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I wanted the safety position addressed this offseason. Him being the best safety just means there's not much there.
Maybe true. I think it is definitely one of the bigger question marks on the defense. I have no problem with them trying to upgrade Moore if they think they can. I don't have a problem admitting Moore is doing fine right now either though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #220
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieTwoThumbs View Post
Maybe true. I think it is definitely one of the bigger question marks on the defense. I have no problem with them trying to upgrade Moore if they think they can. I don't have a problem admitting Moore is doing fine right now either though.
I think Adams may be the odd man out if Duke continues his progression. Moore being younger helps him out a bit.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #221
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

What I am saying gentlemen, and I'm glad Drunk got it, was after one pre season game, Moore was not our best safety.

I believe the first thing I stated was I hope Moore has a probowl caliber season and that I can be proven wrong about him.

The flashes Duke shows are more promising and show and impact caliber Safety.

I also said I hope he continues to emerge.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #222
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

On the first drive Moore got beat bad lucky it was an overthrow. Then missed a few tackles.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:03 AM.


Denver Broncos