The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 08:40 AM   #151
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,030

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

@Kid A - I agree, you said why it makes me crazy though...people say that the return TDs kept us in it as if they know with a offensive possession we wouldn't have scored...we just don't know.

@Drunky - We will just have to philosophically agree to disagree here, but I get your point.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:56 AM   #152
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
@Kid A - I agree, you said why it makes me crazy though...people say that the return TDs kept us in it as if they know with a offensive possession we wouldn't have scored...we just don't know.

@Drunky - We will just have to philosophically agree to disagree here, but I get your point.
Right on. I get your point about the return TDs too. He gets tackled at the 25 yard line we don't know if it'll still result in a TD or even a pick 6
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #153
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
Say 'what' again, I dare you

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
It's nice to see that most maners are reasonable when it comes to Rahim Moore.

Moore is our best safety. He's an above-average starter... and will continue to improve, and will have a nice long career in the NFL.
Quinton Carter was the better safety until he injured his knee.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #154
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza
 
Baba Booey's Avatar
 
HURRY HURRY!

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North of the Wall
Posts: 2,036

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Quinton Carter was the better safety until he injured his knee.
Here's hoping they can form a nice duo and make safety one of our strengths. Been a while since we could say that.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #155
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,508

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Yet you don't put blame on PM for the interception that ACTUALLY cost us the game. Cool.

Your grasp on reality is tenuous at best.
PFM took us from a Tebow led joke of a team that relied on bullshist and miracles to win to a true Super Bowl contender. He also led what should have been the game winning 4th quarter touchdown drive. So pardon me if I as a fan give PFM a pass.

He shouldn't have even been in that situation. Game should have been over.

Last edited by spdirty; 05-21-2013 at 11:08 AM..
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:18 AM   #156
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Yet you don't put blame on PM for the interception that ACTUALLY cost us the game. Cool.

Your grasp on reality is tenuous at best.
It was the FG in OT that ACTUALLY cost Denver the game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #157
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis
 
Hulamau's Avatar
 
In the Pocket

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hulaville and Sedona
Posts: 9,020

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Guys, it's all my fault.

According to KC Sheepstud, my making fun of him and his crappy Chiefs team are why we didn't win the Super Bowl.

If I hadn't made fun of his crappy 2-14 team on the internet, all those players on the field would have done better.

So you can put this one on me.
Damn you Khan ... I knew it had to be your fault!!! Khan is always a traitor to the core, just like in the new Star trek. A pox on your computer!!
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #158
B-Large
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

What was Moore's reposnsibility on that play? If it was not to let someone behind you and scored, then he ****ed up and it was a costly **** up.

We could split hairs all day, but the team overall was playing well below their potential.... when that happens you get beat, so be it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #159
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos_OTM's Avatar
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,337

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
PFM took us from a Tebow led joke of a team that relied on bullshist and miracles to win to a true Super Bowl contender. He also led what should have been the game winning 4th quarter touchdown drive. So pardon me if I as a fan give PFM a pass.

He shouldn't have even been in that situation. Game should have been over.
PFM doesn't get a pass he's a letdown in the playoffs and disappeared again.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #160
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,552

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
PFM doesn't get a pass he's a letdown in the playoffs and disappeared again.
That is about as dumb as blaming someone for drowning because he couldn't swim after the Titanic sank. Dumb ass should have learned to swim. The mother ****ing ship shouldn't have sank and it wouldn't have been a issue!

Manning won the game for us, Moore messed up. Everything after Moore's mess up is 100% on Moore.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #161
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
PFM doesn't get a pass he's a letdown in the playoffs and disappeared again.
You must've disappeared when manning started on his own 12 yard line in the 4th quarter and drove the distance in 10 plays like a Boss.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #162
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I'm wrong, PFF is wrong, the entire Broncos FO is wrong, Coach Fox is wrong, Del Rio is wrong, Champ is wrong, and countless other analysts and posters are wrong...


...but you are alone in being right? Kinda like how the Broncos run a 3-4 huh? Wrong again!

And I love your reason too "he's not smart enough". Get a clue homey.
The front office isn't giving up on him because he's young, and they want to see if he can make the jump, what part of that is confusing?

Right now, Moore has shown nothing of being a game changer at Free Safety, let alone a good safety. So Profootball focus has stats about how he missed few tackles, should I be impressed? He gave up few coverage yards per play, well no ****, he's typically roaming around and not in actual coverage. How many picks does he have, or passes defended? He doesn't create any turn overs, yet your loving that he improved his tackling? That's just as pathetic and coincides with how pathetic you are. If your pleased with he improved his tackling, then your drinking the juice, because it gets no more basic then that.

You have no clue how to evaluate or what your looking for, it seems MED who everyone loves, agrees with me about Moore. I have had this stance with him prior to entering the NFL, glad that now because he's a Bronco your our resident expert on Moore. He improved his tackling, he'd one of the best safeties in the league! Watch some more football, it will open your eyes.

You don't even know that we are a two gapping 4-3, implementing 3-4 principles.. But but we are a 4-3 so we must be a 4-3.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #163
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
You must've disappeared when manning started on his own 12 yard line in the 4th quarter and drove the distance in 10 plays like a Boss.
And without a running game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #164
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vail
Posts: 16,252

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Quinton Carter was the better safety until he injured his knee.
That was true their rookie year, but Rahim took monumental strides from 1 to 2, and we haven't seen anything from Quinton yet.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #165
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
That was true their rookie year, but Rahim took monumental strides from 1 to 2, and we haven't seen anything from Quinton yet.
Monumental strides by improving his tackling..?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #166
Inkana7
Ring of Famer
 
Inkana7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,341

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Monumental strides by improving his tackling..?
I'd say that's quite a big stride to take, from one of the worst tacklers in the NFL to one of the best. And come on, he obviously made big strides in all facets of his game. He was as solid as they come all season until that one play. Why is it so hard for you to give him some credit? Because pricejj, the other 12 year old on this board besides you, does? Grow up.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #167
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I think it's funny that people are quick to defend him because he improved his tackling. He's our free safety and he doesn't generate turnovers, he cannot read a quarter back, he takes poor angles far too often, he is not physical enough to separate a player from the ball, and he deffinatley cannot ball hawk.

So what are you left with? An average rotational safety. Your FS is suppose to be a game changer, Moore is by no means a game changer. What plays has he made that has changed a game? Oh there was that time... Oh never mind. But what about that time he... Oh that was an illegal hit...

Nothing he has done has exemplified what is needed from a game changing free safety. So what he has improved tackling, maybe he should continue to work on that aspect of his game and be moved to strong safety, because he is no game changer.

And again I will say that I hope I am proven wrong, and would love for nothing more than Moore to mentally grasp the game and become a game changer!
This post makes no sense. You want a game changer (whatever that means) at Free Safety yet disparage his vastly improved tackling. You do realize that a lot of times if a FS doesn't make the tackle it ends up in a TD or huge gain right?

On top of that Moore drastically improved in his run reads and closing speed. Watch the plays from last year where he lines up shallow then bursts to the ball carrier again and again.

The point is the guy improved vastly from his rookie year to his 2nd. It's realistic to expect him to continue to improve and this isn't the first set back he's faced. His rookie season he was shocked to be fined/penalized for a vicious hit yet he came back a better and more polished tackler in his 2nd year. THAT's the kind of improvement you expect from younger players.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #168
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Happy that what he improved his tackling? Yet he continues to take poor angles, shows no ball skills, no ability to read the quarterback or anticipate plays. Pretty much he got away with being a good athlete in college and has actually shown zero signs of improving his game to an NFL caliber level.
Again this is completely false. Moore is one of the best young safeties in the game when it comes to reading/diagnosing run plays and taking effective angles to the ball carrier and finishing the play with solid tackling.

He's still learing how to improve his pass coverage but he's nowhere near as bad as you're saying above.

BTW how can you tell he takes poor angles/can't read the QB from watching broadcast games? It's usually pretty difficult to tell unless you've got actual coach's film to study.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #169
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,218

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
He was there man. He had the right angle, depth, and was in position. It looks like he's easily going to make the play. He threw up the wrong hand and the ball sailed. The dude had it.

Same as the Champ play tying the game with 0:30 left in the 1st half. Both halves ended the exact same way.
Right angle? No. Right depth? No. In position? No. C'mon dude, he did EVERYTHING WRONG! Jebus.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #170
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
He was there man. He had the right angle, depth, and was in position. It looks like he's easily going to make the play. He threw up the wrong hand and the ball sailed. The dude had it.

Same as the Champ play tying the game with 0:30 left in the 1st half. Both halves ended the exact same way.
Wow pricejj wow. I thought I had heard it all on here. Could you be anymore wrong about that play?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #171
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,029

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

pricejj on Moore:

Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #172
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
I'd say that's quite a big stride to take, from one of the worst tacklers in the NFL to one of the best. And come on, he obviously made big strides in all facets of his game. He was as solid as they come all season until that one play. Why is it so hard for you to give him some credit? Because pricejj, the other 12 year old on this board besides you, does? Grow up.
I complained about him early in the year, not just after the playoff game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #173
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
This post makes no sense. You want a game changer (whatever that means) at Free Safety yet disparage his vastly improved tackling. You do realize that a lot of times if a FS doesn't make the tackle it ends up in a TD or huge gain right?

On top of that Moore drastically improved in his run reads and closing speed. Watch the plays from last year where he lines up shallow then bursts to the ball carrier again and again.

The point is the guy improved vastly from his rookie year to his 2nd. It's realistic to expect him to continue to improve and this isn't the first set back he's faced. His rookie season he was shocked to be fined/penalized for a vicious hit yet he came back a better and more polished tackler in his 2nd year. THAT's the kind of improvement you expect from younger players.
Fontaine, I have so much respect for you, but this has me scratching my head. A difference maker at Free Safety is someone who can change the dynamics of a game. Ball Hawk, physical, turnover machine.. What part of that has Moore exemplified? Yeah so he improved his tackling, that's a basic and pop warner stuff, tackling. So he improved the fundamentals, that's great... And saying Moore takes good angles is funny, cause he's always taking false steps in the passing game. If he's so stout against the run, maybe he should play strong safety. He makes no impact in the passing game, that's what counts when your the centerfielder!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #174
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
True because Manning totally throws that INT if Moore makes that play.

To blame anyone after that point is dumb. Everyone's play before that play is game to be judged.

Moore gave up one TD....Champ gave up two.

Is giving up the final TD worse than giving up two earlier ones? If neither of those events happen Broncos win the game correct?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #175
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
UCLA lost their pass rush his junior year. Moore struggles when there is no pass rush. Why is that?
Umm, because perhaps no DB...not even Darrell Green or Deion Sanders can cover a WR for 7 seconds?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:30 PM.


Denver Broncos