The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #76
Action

Anyone putting this loss completely on Moore and excusing Manning And Bailey is just straight out, naturally, organically, purely, and homegrown stupid.

Bailey got straight up beat twice, end of story. Bad play calling, bad coverage by Bailey... not enough pass rush...etc.

On Moore's play, Tony Carter messed up his assignment...and Moore didn't get enough depth and his mistimed the ball. Just bad technique, and on that single play...he wasn't the only one who made a mistake on Jones. And why are we calling a soft rush in that situation? Dennis Allen played these situations great and would always pressure the QB heavy and it worked to perfection.

Now Mannings play? in OT?

He threw the ball across his body into the middle of the field in OT, on our side of the field. You are TAUGHT not to EVER THROW THE BALL ACROSS YOUR BODY WHILE RUNNING THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION! Manning even referred to this earlier in the year on SoundFX. You DON'T DO IT.

Moore's was just a bad play, Manning's was worse when you take the plays out of situational context.

EDIT:
Manning's was worse, considering it was the final play that led us to losing the game...and it was a dumbass decision to throw that ball.

Last edited by Action; 05-20-2013 at 07:53 PM..
Old 05-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #77
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
You can list alot of things that went wrong in that game. But even with all that on the list the team was in a position to WIN the game. The W was right there until Moore made the blunder of the year. The difference between the 2 are all those things that went wrong during the game still resulted in them leading with seconds left. You can blame that list for putting the team in a position to defend a one score lead with seconds to go, fact of the matter is it was still a lead. He lost it. Prater kicked the ground. The result was still a lead. Manning had 2 turnovers in regulation. The result was still a lead. No sacks still resulted in a lead. These aren't what ifs these happened and they had the lead. What if manning had no turnovers and prater made the field goal? Maybe they wouldve bee up 2 scores then. But that's speculation. The lead was lost by Moore.
With this logic, it is also speculation that, had Moore made that play, the game was over.

With your logic of "the lead was lost by Moore." That must also mean the GAME was lost by Manning considering his final errant throw led to the FG.

Last edited by Action; 05-20-2013 at 07:54 PM..
Old 05-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #78
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post

Bailey got straight up beat twice, end of story. Bad play calling, bad coverage by Bailey... not enough pass rush...etc.
All that still resulted in a lead with seconds left. Had the play been broken up would we be talking about the patriots game the following week? Yes IMO You can make the case that those bad situations put the broncos in a position to only have a one score lead and should've been more, but that one play erased a lead that was seconds away from being a cemented W. I don't disagree that champ lack of pass rush manning prater put bad handprints on that game, im just saying even with their faults the team still had the lead.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 05-20-2013 at 08:04 PM..
Old 05-20-2013, 08:01 PM   #79
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
With this logic, it is also speculation that, had Moore made that play, the game was over.

With your logic of "the lead was lost by Moore." That must also mean the GAME was lost by Manning considering his final errant throw led to the FG.
I knew the game was lost the moment they score late in the 4th. You're correct about manning in OT. But OT shouldn't have existed IMO.

By the way it's amazing how when someone doesn't agree they are automatically labeled stupid. I ain't calling anyone stupid or questioning their intelligence if they think the opposite in this situation.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 05-20-2013 at 08:08 PM..
Old 05-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #80
Action

Quote:
All that still resulted in a lead with seconds left. Had the play been broken up would we be talking about the patriots game the following week? Yes. You can make the case that those bad situations put the broncos in a position to only have a one score lead and should've been more, but that one play erased a lead that was seconds away from being a cemented W. I don't disagree that champ lack of pass rush manning prater put bad handprints on that game, im just saying even with their faults the team still had the lead.
How about you use your own logic?

Speculation.

Yeah, the team still had the lead, however the Moore play STILL happened which makes ALL THOSE mistakes accountable... and again...Moore was not the only **** up on the play. He just happened to be the only one around the ball...casual fans can't see past this.

Your logic is absolutely flawed. So you're saying that, if Peyton Manning threw 6 interceptions, Broncos lose the ball to fumble 4 times...all leading to scores... but at the end of the game they have the lead and Rahim Moore gives up that 1 play it's still on him?

This is what you're saying with your thought process.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #81
Action

Quote:
I knew the game was lost the moment they score late in the 4th. You're correct about manning in OT. But OT shouldn't have existed IMO.
a 1 score lead shouldn't have existed either, a 2 score lead should have..no difference in this statement or yours.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #82
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It's just a difference in us looking at it. OT wouldn't exist had Moore not have screwed up IMO
Moore wouldn't be in that position if Champ didn't get toast 2 times (almost 3) for a TD earlier in the game.

Better yet...

We wouldn't even have made OT if it weren't for 2 TD on special teams.

See what I did there?
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #83
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
a 1 score lead shouldn't have existed either, a 2 score lead should have..no difference in this statement or yours.
How's that? Reality showed a lead at the end of the game. And that lead was lost on one play.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #84
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Thinking that Rahim is the only reason we lost will only make you more angry, and se it as more of a missed opportunity. There was plenty of blame.

It's just a game, and we're fans. I'm sure Rahim has been/will be one of the hardest working players on the team this offseason.

John Elway wrote a kids book that I read in 3rd grade. I remember something he wrote: football is only about having fun. Winning only becomes everything when you start getting paid for it. Some Maners here would do well to head Mr. Elways words.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #85
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Moore wouldn't be in that position if Champ didn't get toast 2 times (almost 3) for a TD earlier in the game.

Better yet...

We wouldn't even have made OT if it weren't for 2 TD on special teams.

See what I did there?
Those are all things that did happen. And the result was STILL a lead.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #86
Action

Quote:
How's that? Reality showed a lead at the end of the game. And that lead was lost on one play.
It's the SAME logic.... reality also showed a 1 score lead at the end of the game...and that 1 score lead was lost, when it "should have existed as 2"

I'm using the SAME exact logic as you, is it really this complicated for you?
Old 05-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #87
Action

Quote:
Ok and the Moore play DID happen and the result was still A TIE...not a loss...a TIE...and what happened after? A LOSS, which was Manning's fault according to your logic.

So with YOUR OWN LOGIC, the Manning play is worse.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #88
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Damn... guess I hallucinated that PM OT INT that let to the winning field goal. My bad
Old 05-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #89
pricejj
jungle

The sick thing is, some of the Rahim haters are waiting for him to make another mistake, so they can say "hey I was right!". You know who you are.

I hope Rahim Moore balls out of control this year. I'm taking down names now punk b*tches. It's a new year, and this dude did everything he could to get to that ball...and continues to work harder than anybody else... just like he did last year. He's always dreamed of being a Bronco, but you trash him.

Y'all don't see any of that. You have sugar plum fairies of Rahim f-ing up in your head so you can come to the Omane and say what "a great scout" you are. Well, here's a special F U.

Can't wait to tell you how much a POS so-called "scout" you are when Rahim plays well. Will you be singing his praises then, or find another way to trash him? I'm betting on the latter.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #90
Action

Quote:

By the way it's amazing how when someone doesn't agree they are automatically labeled stupid. I ain't calling anyone stupid or questioning their intelligence if they think the opposite in this situation.
It's not about agreeing with me, it's about you seeing that you're using some "logic" and applying it to a situation that fits your comfort level...

But when someone uses that same exact logic you can't see that they're doing the same thing...

It's like someone blaming someone for using cocaine while they're using crack.

The stupidity here is not in agreement of fault, it's in the complete misunderstanding of your own thought process.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #91
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Damn... guess I hallucinated that PM OT INT that let to the winning field goal. My bad
Old 05-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #92
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
How about you use your own logic?

Speculation.

Yeah, the team still had the lead, however the Moore play STILL happened which makes ALL THOSE mistakes accountable... and again...Moore was not the only **** up on the play. He just happened to be the only one around the ball...casual fans can't see past this.

Your logic is absolutely flawed. So you're saying that, if Peyton Manning threw 6 interceptions, Broncos lose the ball to fumble 4 times...all leading to scores... but at the end of the game they have the lead and Rahim Moore gives up that 1 play it's still on him?

This is what you're saying with your thought process.

I've watched Moore for years. He blew the play. Some can say it was Carter's fault. I've seen Moore do that more than once. Maybe I'm jaded cause I hated him at UCLA. As far as the what if 6 ints etc, well if they have the lead as a result of all that and the lead is lost on one play? Technically the lead was still lost on one play. All those ints fumbles etc contributed to a ****ed up game putting them in a position to lose a lead, but in the end one play loses it.

Take a look at the 1986 World Series. bill Buckner situation. We're there other things that contributed to them losing? Yep. There was even a game after game 6. But what lost that series? One play.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #93
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Ok and the Moore play DID happen and the result was still A TIE...not a loss...a TIE...and what happened after? A LOSS, which was Manning's fault according to your logic.

So with YOUR OWN LOGIC, the Manning play is worse.
"Lost the lead" when someone ties a game that means the other team LOST THE LEAD
Old 05-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #94
Action

Quote:
There was even a game after game 6. But what lost that series? One play.
If you think that a baseball series is determined by one play, I have not much more to say to you other than, you just sound like a media hog. Those people who just read headlines and run with it.

Do you think John Elway is sitting in his office thinking that 1 play cost them the game? Or if you even tried to bring that argument up of it being that 1 play, he'd laugh in your face or slap you in disgust?
Old 05-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #95
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
He can stand up all he wants, he still cost us a Super Bowl.
He had a big gaffe....but then again Champ got burned twice, Von and Doom failed to sack Flacco at all and Manning threw two INTs one a pick six and the other set up GWFG in OT

There were many reasons why we got beat by the Ravens in playoffs....Moore's play was just one reason, but not the reason.... so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #96
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
The sick thing is, some of the Rahim haters are waiting for him to make another mistake, so they can say "hey I was right!". You know who you are.

I hope Rahim Moore balls out of control this year. I'm taking down names now punk b*tches. It's a new year, and this dude did everything he could to get to that ball...and continues to work harder than anybody else... just like he did last year. He's always dreamed of being a Bronco, but you trash him.

Y'all don't see any of that. You have sugar plum fairies of Rahim f-ing up in your head so you can come to the Omane and say what "a great scout" you are. Well, here's a special F U.

Can't wait to tell you how much a POS so-called "scout" you are when Rahim plays well. Will you be singing his praises then, or find another way to trash him? I'm betting on the latter.
Go delete another thread homo. You loved Crick so I would expect your scouting to love Moore too.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 05-20-2013 at 08:31 PM..
Old 05-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #97
Action

Quote:
"Lost the lead" when someone ties a game that means the other team LOST THE LEAD
So losing a lead is worse than losing a game now?

Your failure to see your own flaw is what is taught in high school, college and beyond as stupidity.

I'm not calling you stupid, but the educational system is. (and smart people)
Old 05-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #98
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

Do you think John Elway is sitting in his office thinking that 1 play cost them the game? Or if you even tried to bring that argument up of it being that 1 play, he'd laugh in your face or slap you in disgust?
No I don't. He's in the FO and I'm a fan.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #99
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I've watched Moore for years. He blew the play. Some can say it was Carter's fault. I've seen Moore do that more than once. Maybe I'm jaded cause I hated him at UCLA. As far as the what if 6 ints etc, well if they have the lead as a result of all that and the lead is lost on one play? Technically the lead was still lost on one play. All those ints fumbles etc contributed to a ****ed up game putting them in a position to lose a lead, but in the end one play loses it.

Take a look at the 1986 World Series. bill Buckner situation. We're there other things that contributed to them losing? Yep. There was even a game after game 6. But what lost that series? One play.
OT didn't happen either?! Damn, I have to lay down the pipe then for sure.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #100
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
So losing a lead is worse than losing a game now?

Your failure to see your own flaw is what is taught in high school, college and beyond as stupidity.

I'm not calling you stupid, but the educational system is. (and smart people)
When I'm saying losing the lead resulted in an OT that shouldn't have existed sure. You can call me out for speculating a TD wouldn't have happened on the next play that's fine. But IMO the game is over if its broken up.