The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #201
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I am really looking forward to seeing more use of formations this year. There are so many weapons we can really do alot of fun stuff with personnel groupings and formations.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #202
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I am really looking forward to seeing more use of formations this year. There are so many weapons we can really do alot of fun stuff with personnel groupings and formations.
It would definitely be nice to see some creativity on offense again (feels like we haven't had any since Shanahan). As great as Manning and the offense were most of last season, it was painful to watch at times with how stagnant the playcalling was.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:25 AM   #203
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
Holliday a play here and a play there is probably fine, but I'm not sure I want to see him too involved in the offence. Seems like when players like Dante Hall and Devin Hester got more involved in the o, their value in the return game went down. Correlation? I don't know.
He won't sniff more then 10-15 plays all yr. But they could be huge plays lol. The bulk of the Broncos work would be the other 3 for sure but speed like Hollidays has to be respected so using him here and there could be addvantageous. No other WR can fly like him so you put him in there and let him run. Defense has to account for that over the top pressure and it could be a way to free up DT, Decker, Or Welker 3rd downs. When a guy streaks deep, fromt the slot especially IMO, it puts a lot of pressure of your deep middle pass defense and makes the corners have to play back off the LOS.

You are right though Holliday better off concentrating mostly on returning kicks. He's explosive though in a big way. Not sure i have ever seen a Bronco player return kicks quite that fast. We have had some good ones but this kid flat run fast. Like 3rd gear fast. Lots of NFL guys have the 2nd gr, a few have that 3rd gr. Then guys like Dieon Sanders seemed to have a 4th gear.

Last edited by cutthemdown; 06-05-2013 at 10:16 AM..
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:09 AM   #204
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
He won't sniff more then 10-15 plays all yr. But they could be huge plays lol. The bulk of the Broncos work would be the other 3 for sure but speed like Hollidays has to be respected so using him here and there could be addvantageous. No other WR can fly like him so you put him in there and let him run. Defense has to account for that over the top pressure and it could be a way to free up DT, Decker, Or Welker 3rd downs. When a guy streaks deep, fromt the slot especially IMO, it puts a lot of pressure of your deep middle pass defense and makes the corners have to play back off the LOS.

You are right though Holliday better off concentrating mostly on returning kicks. He's explosive though in a big way. Not sure i have ever seen a Bronco player return kicks quite that fast. We have had some good ones but this kid flat run fast. Like 3rd gear fast. Lots of NFL guys have the 2nd gr, a few have that 3rd gr. Then guys like Dieon Sanders seemed to have a 3rd gear.
Do NFL players have automatic or manual transmission?
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #205
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Cecil Lammey saying Robert Ayers is performing well against the run, but not offering much in the pass-rush department.

Vic Lombardi thinks Shaun Phillips will be the 2nd biggest playmaker on the Defense behind Von Miller.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #206
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Cecil Lammey saying Robert Ayers is performing well against the run, but not offering much in the pass-rush department.

Vic Lombardi thinks Shaun Phillips will be the 2nd biggest playmaker on the Defense behind Von Miller.
That would do wonders for his assclown meter rating.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #207
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Last I looked, it was more favored to him not being one already!
Old 06-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #208
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
He won't sniff more then 10-15 plays all yr. But they could be huge plays....
yeah, that's what Im thinking (and hoping). could be a big-time threat. I remember a play last year where Denver had Hillman and Holliday on the field at the same time. One (or both?) went in motion. I don't think the play resulted in anythying huge, but that--along with Beigh Beaye--is a lot of speed on the field. Just don't want to see a dip in the return game because that's HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE
Old 06-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #209
SlyEli

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post

How does one perform well against the run in OTAs, without pads?
Old 06-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #210
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

Thats a very Serious rating. Someone should start a thread.
underrated29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #211
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyEli View Post
Ask him.

James Martinez ‏@JamesTIAmarcos 31 May @cecillammey what about ayers? I'm predicting big things in his contract year!

Cecil Lammey ‏@cecillammey 31 May @JamesTIAmarcos he's never going to be worth that draft slot IMHO, but I have seen improvements as a run defender...not as a pass rusher
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #212
SlyEli

Lammey is a hack. And a steelers fan.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #213
Bmore Manning

What's the big deal.. Ayers is who we thought he was. He's going to play RDE in base downs because he's a balanced DE. On passing downs there will be a bevy of options with Von, Phillips, Q.Smith, Beal. Not to mention a bolstered interior verse both the run and pass.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #214
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm gonna go out in a limb here and say beal is gonna open a lot of eyes this year?
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #215
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
I'm gonna go out in a limb here and say beal is gonna open a lot of eyes this year?
I have him in my projected 53 man roster.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #216
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Gase on Julius Thomas "He’s made a lot of strides. He’s healthy for the first time for a spring and for his development, it’s huge" #broncos

I asked JDR about DRC "He’s got some talent and we want to develop that talent and get a more consistent performer." #broncos

Fox on Oz "I think he’s a tremendous player. I’ve seen excellent improvement in both Brock’s knowledge of what we’re doing & his execution"

I asked Fox about more Holliday on offense at WR "We’re playing around with just about everything...He’s a guy we’re definitely looking

Gase says they'll find ways to get TEs involved regardless of 3WR sets

Osweiler likes to look deep but will check down underneath when needed, shows better touch on short throws than he did last year #broncos

Osweiler made a throw today at OTAs that few can, zipped to Virgil Green at back of EZ between 2 defenders, trusted his arm & made the play

Gase on Oz "I feel confident with Brock throwing the ball and operating our offense" year 2 Osweiler has been a standout at OTAs

https://twitter.com/cecillammey

Gase soft selling the speed issue. I think playing a bit coy. Aware of the speed hype

Gase. Our ability to move in and out of speed packages is good

Del rio highly complimentary on Bruton.

On Bruton getting more run. We r rotating guys around even w trindon Holliday

https://twitter.com/dmac1043

Rookie DE Quanterus Smith (ACL tear last season) took part in some drills Thursday. Looks on track to participate in training camp.

#Broncos used rookie Montee Ball in some situations with starting offense Thursday, including an end-of-game scenario.

Jack Del Rio on David Bruton working w/starters some: "He's earned it.'' Bruton worked some with starters last week as well.

John Fox on Rodgers-Cromartie: "I like the way he's hungry, I like the way he's gone about his business.''

#Broncos Demaryius Thomas on Rodgers-Cromartie: "He's good, he's real good ... he's like one of the best, besides Champ.''

https://twitter.com/Jeff_Legwold
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #217
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Do we even have to play the season. I don't see how we can lose a game.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #218
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Do we even have to play the season. I don't see how we can lose a game.
I agree, I think we should just once and for all agree that the Broncos are the best team and then leave it at that. This silly playing business of playing games every year just serves to muddy the whole picture and create false impressions and spread division. It would also be a lot cheaper this way for everybody.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #219
Johnykbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I agree, I think we should just once and for all agree that the Broncos are the best team and then leave it at that. This silly playing business of playing games every year just serves to muddy the whole picture and create false impressions and spread division. It would also be a lot cheaper this way for everybody.
But we're gonna need the fans to go pack the stadium still every Sunday...don't want them getting rusty.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #220
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyEli View Post
i guess mostly by being in position and getting into your gap? By setting the edge on plays that go outside? Obviously your right though until they tackle in a game its all BS.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #221
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Keep blowing up Thomas! I want more fluff articles for posters to post then have the same posters that post the article to get pissed about him getting pimped.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #222
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

This preseason is going to be more fun than most because QB's 2 and 3 are both young developmental guys with big arms and not walking corpses like Caleb Hanie. We get to see guys like Montee in action too. I want to see Brock's development. Hopefully, he'll get some work with the O-line 1's in preseason games too. Lots of competition and talent at DB, WR, TE. Look forward to seeing how RB shakes out as well.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #223
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
This preseason is going to be more fun than most because QB's 2 and 3 are both young developmental guys with big arms and not walking corpses like Caleb Hanie. We get to see guys like Montee in action too. I want to see Brock's development. Hopefully, he'll get some work with the O-line 1's in preseason games too. Lots of competition and talent at DB, WR, TE. Look forward to seeing how RB shakes out as well.
Since the Omane hated the pick you just know Oz is going to be a pro bowl QB. This place is never right.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #224
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

When does the TC schedule come out? I've got to make a business trip to Denver and want to try to schedule it during open camp
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #225
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Since the Omane hated the pick you just know Oz is going to be a pro bowl QB. This place is never right.
I hope so. The league is basically 6 or 7 SB contenders with franchise QB's and everybody else.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote