The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #76
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

CUT THAT MEAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Von Miller #9

Behind Arian Foster (lol) #8 and Aldon Smith #7
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #77
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://www.nfl.com/top100/2013#video=0ap2000000214421
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #78
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
Von Miller #9

Behind Arian Foster (lol) #8 and Aldon Smith #7
I think 9 is a great compliment to Von, but it's also TOTALLY bull**** that he's behind Arian-systemback-Foster. At least Aldon Smith deserves to be in the discussion.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #79
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

CUT THAT MEAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Arian foster at 8 is a joke

Looks like Peyton will be #1 or 2
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:01 PM   #80
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Adrian edges Peyton. #1 and #2 respectively.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #81
Tim

I only like this show because of how candidly the players talk about other players and Peyton still has some major respect among the defenders he plays against. AD deserved #1 based off his perfoance last year but I wouldn't have been shocked if Peyton was lower based on the arguements about his playoff record, but there is Certainly a case for him being the second best player in the nfl.

I'm fine with aldon being higher than von but I would like to see Von's stats with Justin smith occupying the guard and tackle on stunts and von rushing the passer as much as Aldon did. I'm 100% sure Von had the highest percentage of disruptive plays vs how many times he rushed the passer.

Overall it was a good list, and like mentioned by the rev, Adrian foster is a zbs system rb who's successor will have similar numbers to, so seeing him before Von was like a kick to the nuts.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #82
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I think 9 is a great compliment to Von, but it's also TOTALLY bull**** that he's behind Arian-systemback-Foster.
Yeah it's just the "system".....

While I think Von should be ahead of Foster too, it makes me laugh that you call him a system back.

This ZBS is basically the same "system" that Terrell Davis ran in......and it's ignorant comments like yours that those who vote on the Hall of Fame will use to deny one of the most dominant RB's of his time (albeit short-lived) his rightful place in the Hall.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #83
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post

Overall it was a good list, and like mentioned by the rev, Adrian foster is a zbs system rb who's successor will have similar numbers to, so seeing him before Von was like a kick to the nuts.

Again, not all ZBS RB's are good.....to make a comment like this is once again the very same argument Hall of Fame voters use when denying TD his place....

Using your own comment that his successor's will perform as well due to the system means that TD (according to your claim it was the system) was no better than Gary, Anderson, Portis or Droughns....and that's just plain bull****!
Old 06-27-2013, 09:34 PM   #84
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Again, not all ZBS RB's are good.....to make a comment like this is once again the very same argument Hall of Fame voters use when denying TD his place....

Using your own comment that his successor's will perform as well due to the system means that TD (according to your claim it was the system) was no better than Gary, Anderson, Portis or Droughns....and that's just plain bull****!
If you watched Houston at all last year you would've seen Ben Tate come In when Arian foster was injured and he plugged right in.
Zbs is a system 1 cut and run scheme that makes it a system for success for that type of runner. TD was great and there hasn't been one as good as him, but LT will be the next RB in the HOF cause he dominated in an offense that wasn't designed for the rb to get gaping holes to run through. And he surly hasn't been replaced in the slightest while almost all of Denver's RB's since TD in the ZBS have had good seasons.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:16 PM   #85
schaaf

Quote:
^ that's one of the best catches I've seen in the past decade of Broncos football.

Kinda a cool story about that catch. This was the first game I was able to go to in over 5 years. I took my friend a lifelong Broncos fan to this game and this was his first ever game. We were two rows up and I found this picture of us in the background of this catch (in the champ and peyton jersey next to Decker's helmet) needless to say we both have it framed in our homes now.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:23 PM   #86
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
If you watched Houston at all last year you would've seen Ben Tate come In when Arian foster was injured and he plugged right in.

Zbs is a system 1 cut and run scheme that makes it a system for success for that type of runner. TD was great and there hasn't been one as good as him
but LT will be the next RB in the HOF cause he dominated in an offense that wasn't designed for the rb to get gaping holes to run through. And he surly hasn't been replaced in the slightest while almost all of Denver's RB's since TD in the ZBS have had good seasons.
TD went down and Olandis Gary ran for 1159 yards in his place (96.6 ypg avg.)...so does that mean Gary=TD? I think not.....but your argument against Foster hurts Davis according to those who vote on the hall, which is what my point was.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:03 AM   #87
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
TD went down and Olandis Gary ran for 1159 yards in his place (96.6 ypg avg.)...so does that mean Gary=TD? I think not.....but your argument against Foster hurts Davis according to those who vote on the hall, which is what my point was.
You're right errand, I'm the one keeping TD out of the hall of fame.

****ing idiot.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #88
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You're right errand, I'm the one keeping TD out of the hall of fame.

****ing idiot.
you know for a guy who thinks he knows everything , you're pretty ****** stupid....
Old 06-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #89
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
you know for a guy who thinks he knows everything , you're pretty ****** stupid....
Okay, if I'm not keeping TD out of the hall, what you're trying to say that we should be blowing Arian Foster for TD's sake, right?

Or are you realizing how ****ing stupid you sound?
Old 06-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #90
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Okay, if I'm not keeping TD out of the hall, what you're trying to say that we should be blowing Arian Foster for TD's sake, right?

Or are you realizing how ****ing stupid you sound?

Nope, but I do know how stupid you are for calling Foster a "system back".
Old 06-28-2013, 09:29 PM   #91
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Nope, but I do know how stupid you are for calling Foster a "system back".
Seriously do you not realize your ends of conversations?

You threw a **** over people calling FOSTER a system back because of TDs injury related hall of fame woes.

Get a grip, you douche.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #92
Agamemnon

errand is a retard, but I do agree that Foster is a bit more than a "system back". That said he shouldn't be ranked nearly as high as they have him ranked on this list.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #93
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
errand is a retard, but I do agree that Foster is a bit more than a "system back". That said he shouldn't be ranked nearly as high as they have him ranked on this list.
First of all, yeah he's totally a mouth breather. I'm just concerned he lacks the mental capacity to perform his trash collecting job safely.

What would be the production if they started Tate instead?
Old 06-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #94
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Similar production, Rev.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #95
NorCalBronco7

Quote:
First of all, yeah he's totally a mouth breather. I'm just concerned he lacks the mental capacity to perform his trash collecting job safely.

What would be the production if they started Tate instead?
Possibly similar rushing yards, but Foster would at minimum have 500 more receiving yards. Foster is also a much better goaline back.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #96
SlyEli

Foster didn't even have that great of a year last season. A lot of TD's but real low ypc and low gradings by advanced metrics that account for broken tackles, make-em-miss moves, etc. The fact that CJ spiller was not ranked in the top 100 is a joke.

Aldon Smith had a big year last year but he's no Von Miller. But it's not a huge surprise considering how many Ravens/49ers players made it into the top list. Recency bias at it's finest.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #97
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I thought for sure JJ Watt was gonna be #1 or #2.

Top ten is largely interchangeable, though; they're all good players. I guess the one argument for change would probably be putting Aaron Rodgers up there instead of Arian Foster.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #98
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

I really think that DT is going to be better version of Al Toon. A big WR who can go up and make a great catch as well as being a hard guy to bring down and can take it to the house.

DT has a thicker body and has shown that he is willing to block in run game. Things Toon wasn't expected to do much of back in the 80's and 90's.

Just watched an old Bronco game and Toon was tearing it up.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:28 AM   #99
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBronco7 View Post
Possibly similar rushing yards, but Foster would at minimum have 500 more receiving yards. Foster is also a much better goaline back.
I think you get the point
Old 07-03-2013, 06:28 AM   #100
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
I thought for sure JJ Watt was gonna be #1 or #2.

Top ten is largely interchangeable, though; they're all good players. I guess the one argument for change would probably be putting Aaron Rodgers up there instead of Arian Foster.
Rodgers was already ranked above Foster