The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 09:59 PM   #126
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,924

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
READ AGAIN Fedaykin


Wish I'd said that Rep for a brilliant post.
spouting off silly sounding buzzwords in a poor attempt to sound intelligent is "brilliant" eh?
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #127
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,411

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
It's absolutely a cook book. That it's a "natural eating/healing system" themed cook book does not alter that fact. It's a commercial product meant to exploit people who want to believe its all true.

It's not even remotely close to actual evidence of what you are claiming.
It is a book completely dedicated to NOT COOKING FOOD FOR HEALTH BENEFITS.

ASK DIRECTIONS FOR THE LIBRARY
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #128
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,924

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
It is a book completely dedicated to NOT COOKING FOOD FOR HEALTH BENEFITS.

ASK DIRECTIONS FOR THE LIBRARY
LMAO Don't get your panties in a bunch. Cook book doesn't require actual cooking.

If you prefer I will amend to the following. I ask for evidence of dietary treatments for cancer, and you point me to a ****ing food preparation book?

Is that better?
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #129
IHaveALight
the sun is gone
 
IHaveALight's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
What system do you propose for learning about the world that is superior to science?
Explore the external with an understanding that it is an internal experience. Explore multiple, especially conflicting, perspectives. See that philosophy and math are merely degrees of a body that exist as one thing. Just as hot and cold are degrees of temperature. Envision both scenarios as linear lines if that helps, notice how each measurement is only a part of the whole. You can't fully know temperature without knowing both hot and cold, we must utilize both to understand the whole.
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #130
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,411

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
spouting off silly sounding buzzwords in a poor attempt to sound intelligent is "brilliant" eh?

JUST BECAUSE IT IS OVER YOUR HEAD DOES NOT DIMINISH THE BEAUTIFUL TRUTH OF THE POST.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #131
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,924

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
Explore the external with an understanding that it is an internal experience. Explore multiple, especially conflicting, perspectives. See that philosophy and math are merely degrees of a body that exist as one thing. Just as hot and cold are degrees of temperature. Envision both scenarios as linear lines if that helps, notice how each measurement is only a part of the whole. You can't fully know temperature without knowing both hot and cold, we must utilize both to understand the whole.
So no, you have no actual system to propose. Just lots of newagie clap trap.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #132
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,924

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
JUST BECAUSE IT IS OVER YOUR HEAD DOES NOT DIMINISH THE BEAUTIFUL TRUTH OF THE POST.
The only person is over there head here is you bubba.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #133
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,411

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
LMAO Don't get your panties in a bunch. Cook book doesn't require actual cooking.

If you prefer I will amend to the following. I ask for evidence of dietary treatments for cancer, and you point me to a ****ing food preparation book?

Is that better?
YOU CAN PREVIEW IT ON AMAZON. YOU ASKED ME TO POST SOMETHING THAT WOULD SHED LIGHT ON MY CLAIMS YET YOU REFUSE TO GIVE IT EVEN A MODICUM OF INVESTIGATION.

Tell me why I would want to continue communicating with you?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #134
IHaveALight
the sun is gone
 
IHaveALight's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
So no, you have no actual system to propose. Just lots of newagie clap trap.
These ideas have been on this earth since before our modern religion or science. There are ancient cultures that had a far greater understanding of reality then we do today.
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:16 PM   #135
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,924

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
YOU CAN PREVIEW IT ON AMAZON. YOU ASKED ME TO POST SOMETHING THAT WOULD SHED LIGHT ON MY CLAIMS YET YOU REFUSE TO GIVE IT EVEN A MODICUM OF INVESTIGATION.

Tell me why I would want to continue communicating with you?
You're not getting it. I did look at it. It is not what I asked for, as I've explained a dozen times.

It certainly explains your perspective, but it doesn't provide _evidence_ for them.

Do you not know what evidence is and the difference between evidence and claims?
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #136
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,924

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
These ideas have been on this earth since before our modern religion or science. There are ancient cultures that had a far greater understanding of reality then we do today.
Such as?
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #137
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,411

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
You're not getting it. I did look at it. It is not what I asked for, as I've explained a dozen times.

It certainly explains your perspective, but it doesn't provide _evidence_ for them.

Do you not know what evidence is and the difference between evidence and claims?
Explain it to me what constitutes evidence by your standard?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:34 PM   #138
misturanderson
Ring of Famer
 
Why not?

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Diago
Posts: 1,783

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
You're not getting it. I did look at it. It is not what I asked for, as I've explained a dozen times.

It certainly explains your perspective, but it doesn't provide _evidence_ for them.

Do you not know what evidence is and the difference between evidence and claims?
Don't let it get to you. They are just following a belief system that won't let them view actual evidence to the contrary with any sort of reasonable perspective. It's not worth arguing with them.

I went an found an interview some hippy site had with the author of that book where she went on to prove that she has no actual evidence other than testimonials and journalistic interviews to back up any of her ideas. She also displays a lack of understanding of not only digestive physiology, but simple chemistry (states there are two types of hydrochloric acid) in her statements about the pH of the stomach. That was all I needed to know that the book, while probably not particularly harmful, has nothing to back it up.
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #139
misturanderson
Ring of Famer
 
Why not?

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Diago
Posts: 1,783

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Explain it to me what constitutes evidence by your standard?
It should have a sample size large enough to obtain statistically significant data, it should be repeatable and it should have a negative control with statistically significant differences from the thing being tested. As a starting point.
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:06 PM   #140
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,924

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Explain it to me what constitutes evidence by your standard?
In general, good evidence is

* Falsifiable: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falsifiability
* Objective (i.e. not subject to personal bias): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Objecti...8philosophy%29
* Statistically Relevant (i.e. NOT anecdotal): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statistical_significance
* Empirical (i.e. derived from actual observation): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empirical_evidence
* Repeatable
* Determined with proper controls which is, of course, a cross cutting concern with the above but worth being singled out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_control

The above is a good start, but certainly not all inclusive.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:09 PM   #141
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,924

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by misturanderson View Post
Don't let it get to you. They are just following a belief system that won't let them view actual evidence to the contrary with any sort of reasonable perspective. It's not worth arguing with them.
Oh I know. It's just interesting to see the depths of the dishonesty they will go to to continue with their confirmation bias and other logical failings.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:42 PM   #142
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,411

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
In general, good evidence is

* Falsifiable: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falsifiability
* Objective (i.e. not subject to personal bias): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Objecti...8philosophy%29
* Statistically Relevant (i.e. NOT anecdotal): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statistical_significance
* Empirical (i.e. derived from actual observation): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empirical_evidence
* Repeatable
* Determined with proper controls which is, of course, a cross cutting concern with the above but worth being singled out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_control

The above is a good start, but certainly not all inclusive.
Oh so everyone I witnessed transformed by this diet including myself on just 30 days of this juice & green smoothie plan is not acceptable evidence to you.

I'll believe my eyes thank you very much.

I know how I look and feel when I follow the living food plan and I know how I look & feel when I don't. There is no comparison. A feeling of twenty years difference at least.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:54 PM   #143
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,924

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Oh so everyone I witnessed transformed by this diet including myself on just 30 days of this juice & green smoothie plan is not acceptable evidence to you.
You've seen lots of people cured of breast cancer by eating this diet?

Quote:
I'll believe my eyes thank you very much.

I know how I look and feel when I follow the living food plan and I know how I look & feel when I don't. There is no comparison. A feeling of twenty years difference at least.
Your senses lie to you all the time. The sooner you realize that, the better off you'll be.

Of course, you're attempting to conflate the issue. We're talking about whether diet changes can stop/cure cancer (in particular, but not limited to breast cancer in patients with this defective gene), not whether eating more vegetables and raw foods is a healthier way to eat (the latter being a well evidenced but entirely uninteresting and irrelevant claim)
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:58 PM   #144
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,411

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
You've seen lots of people cured of breast cancer by eating this diet?



Your senses lie to you all the time. The sooner you realize that, the better off you'll be.

Of course, you're attempting to conflate the issue. We're talking about whether diet changes can stop/cure cancer (in particular, but not limited to breast cancer in patients with this defective gene), not whether eating more vegetables and raw foods is a healthier way to eat (the latter being a well evidenced but entirely uninteresting and irrelevant claim)
We really are wasting our time here. My real life experience is what matters most to me (See I have a Light's post as to why).

See it's all objective silly.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:44 AM   #145
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
We really are wasting our time here.
53,000 posts.........Oh what could have been otherwise.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:46 AM   #146
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,924

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
We really are wasting our time here. My real life experience is what matters most to me (See I have a Light's post as to why).

See it's all objective silly.
Nice try at a dodge. Your dishonesty knows no bounds does it?

Also, like I said, your personal experience is entirely subjective. Not at all reliable. That's the purpose of the scientific method: to reduce subjectivity.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #147
IHaveALight
the sun is gone
 
IHaveALight's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Nice try at a dodge. Your dishonesty knows no bounds does it?

Also, like I said, your personal experience is entirely subjective. Not at all reliable. That's the purpose of the scientific method: to reduce subjectivity.
Try it for your self. Utilize the scientific method yourself by doing the experiment personally, rather than gathering your "evidence" from a book. What kind of science is reading a book or a paper?? Hahaha so hilarious! You will see why we feel so strongly about raw living foods and detoxifying the body and there impact on health and quality of life. Every close person in my life would vouch for the immensely positive transformation that I went through. Me and Baja have the first hand experiential evidence of living both ways. We know the power, we have witnessed it.

Last edited by IHaveALight; 05-21-2013 at 08:46 PM..
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #148
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,924

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
Try it for your self. Utilize the scientific method yourself by doing the experiment personally, rather than gathering your "evidence" from a book. What kind of science is reading a book or a paper?? Hahaha so hilarious! You will see why we feel so strongly about raw living foods and detoxifying the body and there impact on health and quality of life. Every close person in my life would vouch for the immensely positive transformation that I went through. Me and Baja have the first hand experiential evidence of living both ways. We know the power, we have witnessed it.
I have no argument with the claim that a better diet (i.e. one with lots of veggies, etc.) leads to better overall health. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with everything you claim even to that point (particularly the fanatical talk about "detoxifying"), but I'm not interested in arguing that.

The issue I have, in this particular threat, is with the claim that diet alone will cure/prevent cancer in patients with this particular defective gene. It's not a matter of "feeling better" (entirely subjective), it's a matter of a very objective question: can you prevent/cure cancer with dietary measures only?

Can't you twits at least honestly stay on that topic instead of trying to worm your way out by reducing the claim to "eat better and be healthier" which, like I said, is an entirely uninteresting and irrelevant claim.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #149
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,924

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I love it:

Me: Hey, you just said this woman should fix her cancer with diet. Where's the evidence that that is actually effective:

Baja/Light: Well a while back I swapped from eating McDonalds 3 times a day to eating a lot better diet full of vegetables, etc. and I felt better. I DISCOVERED THE CURE TO EVERYTHING!
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:06 AM   #150
IHaveALight
the sun is gone
 
IHaveALight's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,272
Default

First of all it's not simply diet. It's mental, emotion and environment toxicity as well. There is an abundance of evidence out there of the power of detoxifying the body and eliminated disease, you just refuse to accept it or explore it because of your indoctrination in a faulty fear based system and your belief in misinformation "debunking" natural healing.

Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead http://www.hulu.com/watch/289122

Forks Over Knives http://www.hulu.com/watch/279734

Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 90 Days http://vimeo.com/27278058

Healing Cancer From Inside Out http://a.blip.tv/scripts/shoggplayer...andlink&enable

Burzynski: Cancer is serious business http://a.blip.tv/scripts/shoggplayer...andlink&enable

The Beautiful Truth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlYin0U9qIQ

Cancer is curable now http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Zv3fiCbPrhc

Dying to have known http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoUl7F7dWdE

Marine pytoplankton http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BvKFsEwPwI

Juicing raw cannabis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xPmR...&feature=share

Hemp oil http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nm7nqUigFA

Soursop http://www.collective-evolution.com/...trong-evidnce/
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:15 AM.


Denver Broncos