The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 07:01 AM   #76
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

They've made improvements in the radiation of the masses, progress indeed.

Expand your perspective, what is the rate of external visible tumors 100 years ago compared to now? You can believe that cancer was an epidemic 100 years ago all you want, find me the evidence. Where are the stories of children becoming deathly ill out of nowhere with symptoms that we could interpret as cancer with our "knowledge" today? Where are the reports of an epidemic of lumps forming in woman's breasts, followed by decline in health and or death? Read the China Study, see the living evidence in the lifestyle changes that occurred in China far more recently than the lifestyle changes of the US and their direct affect on cancer rates.

Last edited by IHaveALight; 05-20-2013 at 07:06 AM..
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:38 AM   #77
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
They've made improvements in the radiation of the masses, progress indeed.

Expand your perspective, what is the rate of external visible tumors 100 years ago compared to now? You can believe that cancer was an epidemic 100 years ago all you want, find me the evidence. Where are the stories of children becoming deathly ill out of nowhere with symptoms that we could interpret as cancer with our "knowledge" today? Where are the reports of an epidemic of lumps forming in woman's breasts, followed by decline in health and or death? Read the China Study, see the living evidence in the lifestyle changes that occurred in China far more recently than the lifestyle changes of the US and their direct affect on cancer rates.
It's been around a long time...

The oldest known description and surgical treatment of cancer was discovered in Egypt and dates back to approximately 1600 BC. The Papyrus describes 8 cases of ulcers of the breast that were treated by cauterization, with a tool called "the fire drill." The writing says about the disease, "There is no treatment."[3]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_cancer
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:55 AM   #78
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

You are a program Mr. Anderson, you are a slave. Choose the red pill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_lgHMjTMRs&sns

Disease is a natural part of life Roh, rampant disease is a product of toxicity. Be it mental, environmental or ingestion.

*edit

Last edited by IHaveALight; 05-20-2013 at 08:30 AM..
Old 05-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #79
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Disease is a natural part of life Roh, rampant disease is not.
OK, can you differentiate those for us? There are a lot of factors that can be brought up to discuss the increase of prevalence of disease in the world.

Why do you think this is?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:08 AM   #80
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
You are a program Mr. Anderson, you are a slave. Choose the red pill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_lgHMjTMRs&sns

Disease is a natural part of life Roh, rampant disease is not.
That's fiction. Who knows? Maybe it's the effects of modern living? Chemicals? The crap in the air? Maybe it's because there are too many of us? Maybe it's nature's way of reducing the population? Maybe it's simply the way of nature and cancer is simply part of the natural process? We don't really know, yet.

And maybe we consider it "rampant" because our reporting skills have increased a hundred fold?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #81
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
"Green for life" start there
I ask for evidence of the effectiveness of dietary changes vs. this surgery, and you point me to a ****ing cookbook? Jesus you are a nutter.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #82
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Disease is a product of toxicity. Be it mental, environmental and or ingestion. Rampant toxicity = rampant disease.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #83
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
I ask for evidence of the effectiveness of dietary changes vs. this surgery, and you point me to a ****ing cookbook? Jesus you are a nutter.

Sorry I won't bother you any more.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #84
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Disease is a product of toxicity. Be it mental, environmental and or ingestion. Rampant toxicity = rampant disease.
I don't think nobody ever denied that environment, mental well-being or the choices we make didn't have an impact on what happens to us. Basically you are stating what everyone already knows. That would be like me saying, "More people, more diseases."
Old 05-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #85
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I don't think nobody ever denied that environment, mental well-being or the choices we make didn't have an impact on what happens to us. Basically you are stating what everyone already knows. That would be like me saying, "More people, more diseases."
Yet we continue to choose toxic solutions and do not correct the real problem, toxicity.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #86
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Yet we continue to choose toxic solutions and do not correct the real problem, toxicity.
Toxic solutions? Elaborate.

What about genetics? You seem to not talk much about genetics/disease.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #87
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:

I have been trying to share this information for years to no avail

They really don't want to hear it.

I don't know why but they don't.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #88
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Disease is a product of genetics, environmental contaminants, biological competition, and dozens or hundreds of other factors.

But to claim disease is rampant now is pretty funny. We're living longer, better, etc. than ever. We name our children now at birth instead of waiting a couple years to see if they survive. We have major economic and social problems caused by people living "too long".

However, I will give you that we're seeing an uptick in certain diseases, such as cancer, that primarily develop with older age.

The life expectancy for someone born in the U.S. before and around 1900 was around 50 years old. Notice where that cancer occurrence chart starts to really take off?
Old 05-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #89
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

^ Had a long post lined up just like that. Felt it would be ignored. Good work.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0922292.html
Old 05-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #90
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
I have been trying to share this information for years to no avail

They really don't want to hear it.

I don't know why but they don't.
You have argued that pretty much everything wrong with a person can be cured by using methods outside of modern medicine. That really is not possible.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #91
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
You have argued that pretty much everything wrong with a person can be cured by using methods outside of modern medicine. That really is not possible.

If you are talking about Rockefeller's symptom treating allotropy medicine than yes there are many very effective cures outside their treatment regime
Old 05-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #92
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
If you are talking about Rockefeller's symptom treating allotropy medicine than yes there are many very effective cures outside their treatment regime
What is the natural way to cure brain cancer?
Old 05-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #93
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
What is the natural way to cure brain cancer?

Why ask me (is it a test) if you are really interested research it. We live in an amazing time explore it.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #94
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Disease is a product of genetics, environmental contaminants, biological competition, and dozens or hundreds of other factors.

But to claim disease is rampant now is pretty funny. We're living longer, better, etc. than ever. We name our children now at birth instead of waiting a couple years to see if they survive. We have major economic and social problems caused by people living "too long".

However, I will give you that we're seeing an uptick in certain diseases, such as cancer, that primarily develop with older age.

The life expectancy for someone born in the U.S. before and around 1900 was around 50 years old. Notice where that cancer occurrence chart starts to really take off?
Pretty much.

Cancer, IMO, is nature's way of saying "yeah that's great you can exterminate a few diseases...but really guys, you're humans...your bodies aren't designed to live this long."
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #95
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
I'm sure Myriad is a great company to work for, and that they do lots of good things, but the part of your post that I've highlighted in red is the real issue here.

If these types of tests can be patented, and a monopoly on life-saving procedures can be obtained by corporations, then all kinds of issues can arise. What if the real cost of the procedure is $30, but the company charges $30,000? If it's your wife or your daughter's life at stake, you've got no choice but to pony up the cash, regardless of what they charge.

I know that the counter-argument is that "these companies need to recoup their development costs", but do I also need to subsidize their massive CEO salaries and the millions of lobbying dollars they spend every year? I say no.
No doubt there is disgusting profiteering going on in the medical industry, especially in big pharma.

But of all the swindling going on in that industry doesn't hold a candle to the alt-med industry. Big Pharma are nothing but a group of total amateurs compared to alt-med.

Take a look for yourself. Go to your nearest "alternative medicine" retailer (it's pretty much everywhere now). Go take a look at the homeopathic "remedies" and see how much they are charging.

Then look at the "ingredients" list. You'll see: water (except in the case where the homeopaths are getting a dose of their own "medicine" (ha!) and the "homeopathic" label is misplaced. See Zircam which actually contains an active ingredient -- which along with sometimes helping with your cold also renders you unable to smell)

That's right, that box of pills you just bought for $20 -- it's an ounce of water put in a couple dozen little caplets pretending to be real medicine.

Makes bottled water look like an amazing damn bargain!

Last edited by Fedaykin; 05-20-2013 at 10:30 AM..
Old 05-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #96
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
No doubt there is disgusting profiteering going on in the medical industry, especially in big pharma.

But of all the swindling going on in that industry doesn't hold a candle to the alt-med industry. Big Pharma are nothing but a group of total amateurs compared to alt-med.

Take a look for yourself. Go to your nearest "alternative medicine" retailer (it's pretty much everywhere now). Go take a look at the homeopathic "remedies" and see how much they are charging.

Then look at the "ingredients" list. You'll see: water.

That's right, that box of pills you just bought for $20 -- it's an ounce of water put in a couple dozen little caplets pretending to be real medicine.

Makes bottled water look like an amazing damn bargain!
Yeah but doesn't Super Beta Prostate have the same amount of beta-sitosterol as 100 saw palmetto caplets? Joe Theismann told me so.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #97
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Why ask me (is it a test) if you are really interested research it. We live in an amazing time explore it.
Yes, I am asking you.

Instead of providing research or facts that would support your claim/belief, you tell us to go and find it. This either leads me to believe that:

(A) You know there isn't a natural way of curing brain cancer.

or

(B) You do not have anything to back it up.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #98
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Yes, I am asking you.

Instead of providing research or facts that would support your claim/belief, you tell us to go and find it. This either leads me to believe that:

(A) You know there isn't a natural way of curing brain cancer.

or

(B) You do not have anything to back it up.

Think as you will

I have posted hundreds of links on this subject over the years. It has proven to be a massive waste of my time.

One last shot just for you. Take "I have a Light's" advice and read China Study
Old 05-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #99
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Quote:

Genetics degenerate and regenerate individually and ancestrally according to the environment our cells experience. You are not your genes. Gene activation, deactivation, regeneration and degeneration are all very prevelant in this world. This is evolution. You want the best genes possible, you want to activate higher beneficial genes, you want your future kids to have better genes, you want to deactivate bad genes, you can have it by eliminating the toxicity.

Sanitation has done great things for longevity and quality of life. And yes modern medicine can extend life, even with the abundance of toxicity we are in. But the modern medicine makes you a slave to pharmaceuticals that greatly reduce the quality of your life. Further more cultures that have lived far less toxic lives have better longevity and quality of life from youth to old age then western civilization has ever experienced. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a whole lot of abundance in the quality of life of our older citizens.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #100
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Think as you will

I have posted hundreds of links on this subject over the years. It has proven to be a massive waste of my time.

One last shot just for you. Take "I have a Light's" advice and read China Study
I have never seen you report to a medical journal that suggested the right alternatives or natural remedies for brain cancer. Considering the length of time one lives after being diagnosed and depending on the stage, chance of survival is minimal, I highly doubt that alternative treatments (which in this case take longer) are going to be highly effective. And for this type of cancer (brain) should not be used considering the alternative treatments (that I have read about) tend to cause swelling and inflammation in the brain which is no bueno for patients going through such a crisis.

RE: China Study (have a copy, BTW) and Brain Cancer: Nothing is stated anything as alternative lifestyles, medicines, etc. ever curing brain cancer. Just that avoidance of certain things can help avoid such. Saw nothing about reversal in regards to brain issues. Will have to relook. In fact, the whole book's purpose is basically to compare eating habits of our world to others, and then to subsequently make conclusions based on their findings. Mainly attacking animal protein, signifying that those who don't eat that, but are vegans or by majority plant eaters will be able to lower their risk of getting chronic disease and illness.

Which is all fine and dandy. Most people know that what is out there now is not good for you. I do my best to limit my consumption of meat and alternate days in which I have it. However, trying to state that an abrupt change in diet could *cure* someone who has terminal cancer is quite silly.

Last edited by Requiem; 05-20-2013 at 11:16 AM..