The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #51
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by misturanderson View Post
Poor reading comprehension/misrepresentation much (yes I understand that you didn't write it)?

Regardless, given the fact that Jolie's mother did in fact die from breast cancer, her choice is absolutely justified based on current research.
One should not mutilate one's body based on inconclusive science.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:19 AM   #52
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Because it would displease the reptilians, eh?
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #53
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Because it would displease the reptilians, eh?
Actually if they do in fact exist human self mutilation would please them greatly.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #54
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Actually if they do in fact exist human self mutilation would please them greatly.
I just snickered.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #55
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So you feel comfortable with your knolwedge of the likes and dislikes of a "species" that doesn't exist huh?
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #56
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
What part of it was inconclusive? The question was whether the statistics could be applied to the general population. There wasn't really any question of increased cancer risk if a person grew up in a family where someone with the gene died of breast cancer.

If I were in her shoes, doing a risk benefit analysis of surgically removing the breast tissue vs dying a slow, agonizing death due to metastatic cancer, I'd personally choose the surgery. It's lucky for her that she has enough money to afford the procedure and a good doctor to perform it.

Last edited by misturanderson; 05-19-2013 at 12:46 PM..
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #57
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
What part of it was inconclusive? The question was whether the statistics could be applied to the general population. There wasn't really any question of increased cancer risk if a person grew up in a family where someone with the gene died of breast cancer.
If you want to cut off body parts because of what MIGHT happen go for it.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #58
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by myMind View Post
So you feel comfortable with your knolwedge of the likes and dislikes of a "species" that doesn't exist huh?
When conversing with Wags you have already entered the world of the absurd
Old 05-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #59
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
If you want to cut off body parts because of what MIGHT happen go for it.
I think you mean "probably will happen." That is if 87% means what I think it means.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #60
houghtam
Ring of Famer

If you had an 87% chance of getting into a car accident, would you continue to drive? Why would you criticize someone else's choice not to?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #61
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
I think you mean "probably will happen." That is if 87% means what I think it means.
If you had a gene that limited studies told you there was a 90% chance of contracting cancer would you cut your dick off?

What the hell is wrong with you people.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #62
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
If you had a gene that limited studies told you there was a 90% chance of contracting cancer would you cut your dick off?

Considering that isn't an equivalent choice (dick =/= breasts) it's not an apples to apples comparison.

That being said, I might if I believed that study was legitimate and was repeatable. I probably wouldn't make that choice until later in life, based on the statistics. I've seen people die of cancer eating them away from the inside over months, being pumped full of drugs just to try to keep them from being in perpetual agony. I'd rather avoid that if at all possible.

I'm still torn as to whether or not I would commit suicide if I ever became afflicted with a terminal cancer. Euthanasia should be legal.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #63
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Considering that isn't an equivalent choice (dick =/= breasts) it's not an apples to apples comparison.

That being said, I might if I believed that study was legitimate and was repeatable. I probably wouldn't make that choice until later in life, based on the statistics. I've seen people die of cancer eating them away from the inside over months, being pumped full of drugs just to try to keep them from being in perpetual agony. I'd rather avoid that if at all possible.

I'm still torn as to whether or not I would commit suicide if I ever became afflicted with a terminal cancer. Euthanasia should be legal.
Yup never figured that one out either. Women are legally allowed to abort their babies based on the right to decide what happens to their bodies yet it is against the law for one to decide when to leave their body no matter the circumstances
Old 05-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #64
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:

Oh and why is your dick more valuable that a woman's breast you know the gland that feeds her new born.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #65
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
Oh and why is your dick more valuable that a woman's breast you know the gland that feeds her new born.
Because there are replacements for breast milk (either from another woman or formula) for one. Also because losing the breast tissue doesn't mean that the sensation is lost from the breast and there are implants to replace the tissue removed from an aesthetic standpoint.

If you could retain the sensation of my dick and just take out tissue in the middle while replacing it with a synthetic material, there would be no question that I would do the surgery you are proposing if it dropped my cancer risk from 90% to 5%.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #66
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Because there are replacements for breast milk (either from another woman or formula) for one. Also because losing the breast tissue doesn't mean that the sensation is lost from the breast and there are implants to replace the tissue removed from an aesthetic standpoint.

If you could retain the sensation of my dick and just take out tissue in the middle while replacing it with a synthetic material, there would be no question that I would do the surgery you are proposing if it dropped my cancer risk from 90% to 5%.
If cancer wants you she will find you.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #67
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default Even thought this is a little restrictive I should live cancer free for over 100 years.

Last edited by baja; 05-19-2013 at 01:30 PM..
Old 05-19-2013, 09:18 PM   #68
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

The real question is what the hell is wrong with you?

Her case is pretty clear: 87% of people with this defective gene who've had a family member with breast cancer develop breast cancer too. Regardless of any potential uncertainty of causal factors, that much is based on solid evidence.

The only detrimental effects of mastectomy are appearance, possibly some minor sensation loss and breast feeding, all of which are extremely mild consequences.

To compare that to penis removal is absurd.

And of course, hilariously given your statement, millions of people do have part of their penis removed due to concerns of disease. Of course, the consequence of that removal is similarly very low (appearance and sensation) which for most people makes that trade off quite palatable.

Why are you so upset that she made the decision she made? What right do YOU have to judge the decisions she makes about her own body?
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #69
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
The real question is what the hell is wrong with you?

Her case is pretty clear: 87% of people with this defective gene who've had a family member with breast cancer develop breast cancer too. Regardless of any potential uncertainty of causal factors, that much is based on solid evidence.

The only detrimental effects of mastectomy are appearance, possibly some minor sensation loss and breast feeding, all of which are extremely mild consequences.

To compare that to penis removal is absurd.

And of course, hilariously given your statement, millions of people do have part of their penis removed due to concerns of disease. Of course, the consequence of that removal is similarly very low (appearance and sensation) which for most people makes that trade off quite palatable.

Why are you so upset that she made the decision she made? What right do YOU have to judge the decisions she makes about her own body?

She is one of the most recognized women on the planet - I don't agree with the message she is sending to other women. I respect her right to do what she wants with her own body but I would like to see dietary strategies tried first.

Science is routinely wrong it just takes time to show it self.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #70
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
She is one of the most recognized women on the planet - I don't agree with the message she is sending to other women. I respect her right to do what she wants with her own body but I would like to see dietary strategies tried first.
Provide evidence of the efficacy of such strategies, and I would be 100% behind you.

Quote:
Science is routinely wrong it just takes time to show it self.
Science is indeed wrong quite often. It's a process subject to human error just like any other endeavor. Still, it is better than wishful thinking and plain making **** up which is all you and others like you engage in.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:50 PM   #71
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Provide evidence of the efficacy of such strategies, and I would be 100% behind you.

Science is indeed wrong quite often. It's a process subject to human error just like any other endeavor. Still, it is better than wishful thinking and plain making **** up which is all you and others like you engage in.

We live during amazing times. It is so easy to research an idea or claim.

If I heard that diet might have a significant affect on cancer I think I would look into it before I cut my tiets off as a preventive measure but that 's just me.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #72
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
We live during amazing times. It is so easy to research an idea or claim.

If I heard that diet might have a significant affect on cancer I think I would look into it before I cut my tiets off as a preventive measure but that 's just me.
Who said she didn't?

I'll ask again, where's the evidence that dietary changes are

a.) effective and
b.) as effective

as this treatment bubba?
Old 05-19-2013, 11:06 PM   #73
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Who said she didn't?

I'll ask again, where's the evidence that dietary changes are

a.) effective and
b.) as effective

as this treatment bubba?

"Green for life" start there
Old 05-20-2013, 12:43 AM   #74
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Quote:

Regardless, given the fact that Jolie's mother did in fact die from breast cancer, her choice is absolutely justified based on current research.
You mean based on the current research that the highly profitable cancer industry is feeding the masses. There is loads of research out there that says other wise, and those people aren't raking in billions of dollars in the process, they're just concerned about actually helping people is all, and making real progress. What progress have you seen from the cancer industry? A higher percentage of people have cancer now more than ever. They're still using technology from decades ago to "fight" it. Have you not seen how far technology has advanced since radiation treatments were introduced? Look at the auto industry, look at the technology industry, how drastic have things changed since then. Where is that drastic change in cancer treatments and prevention? There is none (intentionally). How big of a problem was cancer 100 years ago? All of a sudden we just have these crazy, abundant genetic issues that never existed before. What gives? Environment, lifestyle choices, manipulation of consciousness and mental manifestation.

Wakey wakey

Last edited by IHaveALight; 05-20-2013 at 12:52 AM..
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:55 AM   #75
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
You mean based on the current research that the highly profitable cancer industry is feeding the masses. There is loads of research out there that says other wise, and those people aren't raking in billions of dollars in the process, they're just concerned about actually helping people is all, and making real progress. What progress have you seen from the cancer industry? A higher percentage of people have cancer now more than ever. They're still using technology from decades ago to "fight" it. Have you not seen how far technology has advanced since radiation treatments were introduced? Look at the auto industry, look at the technology industry, how drastic have things changed since then. Where is that drastic change in cancer treatments and prevention? There is none (intentionally). How big of a problem was cancer 100 years ago? All of a sudden we just have these crazy, abundant genetic issues that never existed before. What gives? Environment, lifestyle choices, manipulation of consciousness and mental manifestation.
You have no idea what kind of advancements have been made in medical treatment of cancer (Hint: there have been major advances in technology, chemotherapy and cure rates). That much is clear from your post. I therefore don't have any interest in any of the so-called "research" you are peddling because you don't understand how to objectively review research anyway.

Cancer was probably a huge issue 100 years ago, but we didn't know how to find it unless it was a huge tumor causing the issue AND an autopsy was performed. They didn't even have antibiotics 100 years ago.

You can go on believing whatever the hell you want, but most of the "medical" beliefs you have aren't founded in reality.