The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #76
DenverDynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
ok, so it was a republican majority with democratic support. Congress has independent access to intelligence broseff. Quit using this crap as a diversion.
That isn't very helpful when the cooked intelligence is coming from the same sources and falling on the eyes of a very partison congress and admitedly a lot of post 911 p***Yfooting from the Democrats. And it isn't crap, I admited my guy is FAR from perfect, and yet I rarely come across a Republican that seems to awknowledge any American history that took place from 2001-2008.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #77
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverDynamite View Post
That isn't very helpful when the cooked intelligence is coming from the same sources and falling on the eyes of a very partison congress and admitedly a lot of post 911 p***Yfooting from the Democrats. And it isn't crap, I admited my guy is FAR from perfect, and yet I rarely come across a Republican that seems to awknowledge any American history that took place from 2001-2008.
......my guy makes forgiveable mistakes.....BUSH BUSH BUSH.
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #78
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
whatever, point being that this latest fiasco under the current administration is just one in a line of stupid or grossly incompitent policy from the whitehouse. Eric Holder is a joke. He should have been fired years ago. The Fast and the Furious crap alone should have got him kicked to the curb. Now we have the IRS in a dubious position where they are selectively auditing based on a political agenda.

So, quick summary of BOs jokedness:

1. Fast & Furious where arms were sold to drug dealers resulting in a federal agent's death and gun laws being changed (2nd amendment).

2. IRS selectively auditing based on partisan politics.

3. Benghazi and the apparent cover up.

4. Drone strikes

5. Monitoring of AP (1st amendment)

Five quick strikes right off the top of my head.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #79
DenverDynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
......my guy makes forgiveable mistakes.....BUSH BUSH BUSH.
Wow, that's cute, such a well thought out counter arguement. I'm glad you know how to change font size.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #80
DenverDynamite

Quote:
whatever, point being that this latest fiasco under the current administration is just one in a line of stupid or grossly incompitent policy from the whitehouse. Eric Holder is a joke. He should have been fired years ago. The Fast and the Furious crap alone should have got him kicked to the curb. Now we have the IRS in a dubious position where they are selectively auditing based on a political agenda.

So, quick summary of BOs jokedness:

1. Fast & Furious where arms were sold to drug dealers resulting in a federal agent's death and gun laws being changed (2nd amendment).

2. IRS selectively auditing based on partisan politics.

3. Benghazi and the apparent cover up.

4. Drone strikes

5. Monitoring of AP (1st amendment)

Five quick strikes right off the top of my head.

Yep, there are certainly some mishandlings and I will admit our Justice Department has screwed the pouch recently. Although, I will say, and I'm certainly not an expert on the subject I don't fully condemn or condone the usage of drones. I think we've done some good work smashing up terror cells with them.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #81
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Jetmeck makes spider look like a pulitzer winning billionaire.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #82
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Yep, there are certainly some mishandlings and I will admit our Justice Department has screwed the pouch recently. Although, I will say, and I'm certainly not an expert on the subject I don't fully condemn or condone the usage of drones. I think we've done some good work smashing up terror cells with them.
fair enough. I just am amazed at how much leeway the press gives BO, along with people like you who voted for him, on what appears to me like a president who considers himself above the law or untouchable.

If this type of stuff happened with a guy like Romney in office, oh lawdy, he would be skewered by the media. DOA. There's definitely a different set of standards by the media for BO IMHO.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #83
DenverDynamite

Quote:
fair enough. I just am amazed at how much leeway the press gives BO, along with people like you who voted for him, on what appears to me like a president who considers himself above the law or untouchable.

If this type of stuff happened with a guy like Romney in office, oh lawdy, he would be skewered by the media. DOA. There's definitely a different set of standards by the media for BO IMHO.
I would disagree, Bush was given a completely free pass following 911 by the media, by the GOP congress, and by a select number of Democrats who were to p***Y to stand-up to him. Furthermore, it amazes me that there are people like you who will still defend his legacy even today while trying to attack Obama's. I guess we can just agree that we are just partisans at heart. But, the truth is, I'm also sure you and anyone who leans to the right on these boards despite my disagreements with are the kind of guys I'd happily have a beer with because we are all Americans and most importantly Broncos fans.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #84
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
I would disagree, Bush was given a completely free pass following 911 by the media, by the GOP congress, and by a select number of Democrats who were to p***Y to stand-up to him. Furthermore, it amazes me that there are people like you who will still defend his legacy even today while trying to attack Obama's. I guess we can just agree that we are just partisans at heart. But, the truth is, I'm also sure you and anyone who leans to the right on these boards despite my disagreements with are the kind of guys I'd happily have a beer with because we are all Americans and most importantly Broncos fans.
Again, not the same thing. And for the last time, please quit equating these two things. Also, where did I defend Bush?

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 05-15-2013 at 04:18 PM..
Old 05-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #85
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
If you thought the healthcare law was going to be "free" for anyone, you're ****ing dumber than I thought.

That's REALLY dumb.

Is it less-expensive long-term? Yeah, it is. Cry more.
That's treu, but it's not a matter of how much cheaper health care is under Obamacare.... expanding the sphere of influence in health care rises GDP - but privatized health care is production GDP as opposed to planned aggregate expenditure. I can see both sides of the argument, but when there are finite resources, you have to prioritize how those resources are allocated.

I'll refrain from saying whether the country is better off with Obamacare.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #86
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Except there is not. Where are you guys hearing all your news from? Birdies in the trees?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:21 PM   #87
DenverDynamite

Quote:
Again, not the same thing. And for the last time, please quit equating these two things.
C'mon man, I tossed you an olive branch and a nice 'let's agree to disagree' statement and you come back with this? So, in other words, you can attack everything Obama does, and can ignore every mistake Bush made, and I'm not allowed to call you out on it?
Convenient.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #88
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Except there is not. Where are you guys hearing all your news from? Birdies in the trees?
same place you get your news
Old 05-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #89
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
same place you get your news
Sorry, I don't get mine from the television.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #90
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Sorry, I don't get mine from the television.
neither do I
Old 05-15-2013, 04:40 PM   #91
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
neither do I
I don't believe you.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #92
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Just curious but why would you have 10 grand in your checking unless you were planning on making a major purchase that day. I can write any size check I want and my bank will automatically cover it from some of my other funds.

I was going to comment on the 10 G's in a checking account but than I figured anyone stupid enough to use that statement as a bragging tool would not get my funny response I had planned so I nixed the plan to respond.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:32 PM   #93
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
The difference is that Bush had the support of a democratic congress and yes, other nations. While it was a cluster, it was still not a secret and while intelligence was ignored, or loosely interpreted, Bush was not alone in the 2003 invasion.

So yes, it was a joke but not really the same thing. And again, quit using the Bush Administration as a diversion. That was 10 years ago and it bears absolutely no relation to this latest fiasco by BO.
Support that was based on lies that were believed because of where they came from.

Support given based on the trust of the office and the urgency of the situation making the lies the most egregious of crimes. It was murder many times over. Bush and cronies did more to destroy the USA than I would have dreamed possible in so short a time.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #94
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Not including Baghdad there were 13 fatal embassy attacks during the Bush administration and yet Benghazi is this monster scandal? Please.

The president can't prevent an attack of crazy religious zealots....but he can beef up security when they specifically ask for it...and he damn sure should send help when they are under attack and begging for help and he shouldn't claim it was due to a video on YouTube, wouldn't you agree?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #95
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
If you thought the healthcare law was going to be "free" for anyone, you're ****ing dumber than I thought.

That's REALLY dumb.
Where did I say that I thought it was gonna be free?

this was my post -

Originally Posted by errand
the people who voted for Barack Obama finding out that even their taxes were raised to pay for their "free" health care.... which they're also finding out is not "free". also all of the other Obama supporters who are getting their hours cut at work because their employers cannot afford to pay the new cost of Obamacare.

Last edited by errand; 05-15-2013 at 10:06 PM..
Old 05-15-2013, 10:13 PM   #96
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Where did I say that I thought it was gonna be free?

this was my post -

Originally Posted by errand
the people who voted for Barack Obama finding out that even their taxes were raised to pay for their "free" health care.... which they're also finding out is not "free". also all of the other Obama supporters who are getting their hours cut at work because their employers cannot afford to pay the new cost of Obamacare.
Define "cannot afford".

Under that definition, no one can ever afford any raise in taxes.

Ever.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #97
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Not including Baghdad there were 13 fatal embassy attacks during the Bush administration and yet Benghazi is this monster scandal? Please.
Yes, people died in attacks of embassies....however the casualties listed also include those of the attackers, and the vast majority of them were citizens or law enforcement or security officers of the nation the embassies were located in.....

2002 Karachi attacks resulted in 0 American deaths......

2004 Tashkent, Uzbekistan attacks resulted in 0 American deaths....

2004 Jeddah, Saudi Arabia attack resulted in 0 American deaths.....

2006 Damascus, Syria attack resulted in 0 American deaths....

2007 Athens, Greece attack resulted in 0 American deaths....

2007 Vienna, Austria attack resulted in 0 American deaths....

2008 Kosovo Serbia attacks resulted in 0 American deaths....

2008 Istanbul, Turkey attack resulted in 0 American deaths.....

2008 Sana'a, Yemen attack resulted in 0 American deaths....

Regardless, the scandal isn't that the attack happened....the scandal is the denying the consulate of beefed up security after they specifically asked for it.....the ordering of potential help to "stand down"..... the denial of help when the consulate was under attack....the denying that Al Qaeda was involved, the editing out of State Dept. documents which specifically mentioned the facts of the attack being a planned one by terrorist group....and the lying to American citizens that it was due to a video on YouTube.

Now if you can find such things in any of those other attacks where American lives were lost, please post them.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #98
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Yeah, 2006 in Karachi and the other three you conveniently left off.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:21 PM   #99
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Living large, thousandaire style. Lol.

10 grand in the bank, yo.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:13 AM   #100
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

What would be funny is for Repubs to win enough seats to take back the Senate. Then the Dems would be the ones fillibustering or vetoing everything and the Repubs would be crying about obstructionism! That would be awesome!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote