The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #26
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Back to what is the question. Is he back to being the best player in the world? Sure looks like it.

Is he back to being as dominant as he was before it was revealed he's a world class douche-nozzle? Not even close.
Oh sure he can. You guys are all confused. You must think he was world beater 4 and 5 years ago. While he was the best, he hasn't been straight up dominant since 2007. In 2008 he only had 4 wins (1 major) and in 2009 he had 6 wins and no majors. He was still the #1 guy. Scandal happened in Nov 2009 after the golf season ended. There were 2 years where he was off the face of the world. In 2012 he still had 3 tour wins, which is still more then anybody else. That's kinda funny. Tiger has a 3 or 4 wins season and people say, ah, he's washed up. Anybody else has that and it's a break out year for them, one for the ages.

Obviously he'll never be the guy from 2000-2002 where he won 6 of 8 majors. But he can still get back, and I think he is already, to the dominant #1 golfer he was before the scandal in 2009. Getting to the point now where any tournament he plays in you gotta think he's a lock for a top 10 finish.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #27
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Oh sure he can. You guys are all confused. You must think he was world beater 4 and 5 years ago. While he was the best, he hasn't been straight up dominant since 2007. In 2008 he only had 4 wins (1 major) and in 2009 he had 6 wins and no majors. He was still the #1 guy. Scandal happened in Nov 2009 after the golf season ended. There were 2 years where he was off the face of the world. In 2012 he still had 3 tour wins, which is still more then anybody else. That's kinda funny. Tiger has a 3 or 4 wins season and people say, ah, he's washed up. Anybody else has that and it's a break out year for them, one for the ages.

Obviously he'll never be the guy from 2000-2002 where he won 6 of 8 majors. But he can still get back, and I think he is already, to the dominant #1 golfer he was before the scandal in 2009. Getting to the point now where any tournament he plays in you gotta think he's a lock for a top 10 finish.
2008 was when most of the cheating reportedly began; coincidence? He was able to keep it from leaking for a couple of years, but juggling skanks probably takes a ton of energy, and it clearly detracted from his career. When the scandal broke it crumbled his career for a couple of years. In 2007 he Won 6 times including one Major and should have won 2 others.

He could be as dominant again if he went back to Butch, but he never will. Foley is a joke.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #28
jonny1
Ahhh, football!

Broncos' cheerleaders rule!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Kuper

Quote:
He could be as dominant again if he went back to Butch, but he never will. Foley is a joke.
Yeah, Foley is really hurting his game . . .
jonny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #29
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
2008 was when most of the cheating reportedly began; coincidence? He was able to keep it from leaking for a couple of years, but juggling skanks probably takes a ton of energy, and it clearly detracted from his career. When the scandal broke it crumbled his career for a couple of years. In 2007 he Won 6 times including one Major and should have won 2 others.

his coach is fine. he needed to refine his mechanics and swing. if not he'd continue to get hurt.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #30
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny1 View Post
Yeah, Foley is really hurting his game . . .
You know nothing about it.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #31
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
his coach is fine. he needed to refine his mechanics and swing. if not he'd continue to get hurt.
That's complete fluff. He doesn't put any less stress on his knee now than at any other time in his career. His knee issues all stem from off the golf course.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #32
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Hahahahaha, Hahaha, Hahahahaa, Hahahahaha

OMG you're a funny man. He's not back because of 1 shot? Do you realize just how stupid you sounded there.
As stupid as you? To bad you dopes no absolutely nothing about golf. His last major was in 2008 you saps.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #33
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

"it's all about the majors"

Pop quiz

Who said that lemmings?
Old 05-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #34
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
That's complete fluff. He doesn't put any less stress on his knee now than at any other time in his career. His knee issues all stem from off the golf course.
he's tinkered with or changed his swing like 3-4 times in his career. each time he's gotten better. he's even said he needed to change his swing to cut down on the injuries.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #35
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
he's tinkered with or changed his swing like 3-4 times in his career. each time he's gotten better. he's even said he needed to change his swing to cut down on the injuries.
He has never been as good as he was with Butch. With that being said the other players around him have stepped up big time and there are more really good players now than in the early 2000's.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #36
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
He has never been as good as he was with Butch. With that being said the other players around him have stepped up big time and there are more really good players now than in the early 2000's.
they worked well together for a nice long time but a change was needed.
he's adapting to his age and body.
Butch is really good and you can see that in the results some of his other pupils have turned in.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #37
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
He's never been as good as he was with Butch in 2000. Proclaiming that he needed to change his swing to avoid injury is nothing but PR to avoid the real reasons he stopped working with Butch.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #38
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
As stupid as you? To bad you dopes no absolutely nothing about golf. His last major was in 2008 you saps.
A player is lucky to win one. You're not goin to win all of them. You can bash these posters knowledge of golf all you want, at least they can recognize the number 1 player in the worlds golf game without being ignorant about it.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #39
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
A player is lucky to win one. You're not goin to win all of them. You can bash these posters knowledge of golf all you want, at least they can recognize the number 1 player in the worlds golf game without being ignorant about it.
Reading comp check- show me where I said he isn't the number 1 player. Oh, that's right, you can't.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #40
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Reading comp check- show me where I said he isn't the number 1 player. Oh, that's right, you can't.
Using one shot as an example of him not being back to winning is pretty much that. What does being back mean anyways? Unless someone has a flux capacitor no one is the same as 13 or so years ago. Everyone ages. His game just adapts to that. He's winning and is the best player in the world. While others win a major then can't make a cut. Consistency in golf is huge. And I don't see anyone nearly consistent as he is right now. Sure Adam Scott won the masters. I bet he doesn't win another tournament for at least a year or 2. Hating him cause he doesn't meet your moral code is your choice. Doesn't mean he isn't the best.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #41
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Using one shot as an example of him not being back to winning is pretty much that. What does being back mean anyways? Unless someone has a flux capacitor no one is the same as 13 or so years ago. Everyone ages. His game just adapts to that. He's winning and is the best player in the world. While others win a major then can't make a cut. Consistency in golf is huge. And I don't see anyone nearly consistent as he is right now. Sure Adam Scott won the masters. I bet he doesn't win another tournament for at least a year or 2. Hating him cause he doesn't meet your moral code is your choice. Doesn't mean he isn't the best.
I guess you just like the sound of your voice. As I said, I never said he wasn't the best...he is. I just hold him to the same standards he holds himself, which seemingly is incredibly fair. He may be the best but it doesn't matter to him, or I, until he is back in the winners circle in one of the big 4 events.

As for the moral code-- have no idea what you are talking about. I just really don't care about any of that even though I do think it has hurt his play.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #42
IdahoBronco7

I can't stand Tiger, but if you've won 4 times already this year...I'd say he's back. I just wish my boy Phil would play more consistent. As a man, he's ten times as good as Woods.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #43
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBronco7 View Post
I can't stand Tiger, but if you've won 4 times already this year...I'd say he's back. I just wish my boy Phil would play more consistent. As a man, he's ten times as good as Woods.
i keep telling folks this all the time. being a great person only matters if they have the talent to back it up.
for years people raved about how great a guy Phil was but then followed that up with saying he choked in big moments.
personal beliefs or morals should have little to nothing to do with whether a player is liked or not.
great players are rarely good people because their competitive edge won't allow them to stop being so long enough.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #44
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
I guess you just like the sound of your voice. As I said, I never said he wasn't the best...he is. I just hold him to the same standards he holds himself, which seemingly is incredibly fair. He may be the best but it doesn't matter to him, or I, until he is back in the winners circle in one of the big 4 events.

As for the moral code-- have no idea what you are talking about. I just really don't care about any of that even though I do think it has hurt his play.
Tiger has said that it's important for him to win tournaments to feel comfortable winning again and knowing that his swing is in a state currently in which he can win a major. So for you to state winning doesn't matter to him unless it's a major is stupid. You must not have seen his reaction after he signed his card and learned he had won the The Players. I would say that reaction easily showed it meant alot to him. And he has the game to win a major and honestly, if not for the bad break in the Masters, he was right there, he could have easily won that.

And some of do know alot about golf. It's my day job to study and replicate real golf courses in 3D and I have to watch a ton of golf video on ball reactions to make sure the physics models are accurate within these designs. So I'm doing something related to golf pretty much 8 hours a day. And then yes, some of us do play the game as well.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #45
IdahoBronco7

Quote:
i keep telling folks this all the time. being a great person only matters if they have the talent to back it up.
for years people raved about how great a guy Phil was but then followed that up with saying he choked in big moments.
personal beliefs or morals should have little to nothing to do with whether a player is liked or not.
great players are rarely good people because their competitive edge won't allow them to stop being so long enough.
You don't think Phil has the talent to back it up ? Sure he chokes but he wins also. Tiger has been choking since his exwife beat him up with a 9 iron. Can't just say everything is cool with his world because he made a come back. Phil has won 2.2 mil this year already. A 1st, a 3rd and money slots in many other tournaments. He's the most exciting player on the tour. Tiger is a whinning cry baby at times. You never see Mickelson throw tantrums like Tiger. If you don't see Phil as a "great" player you must have blinders on.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #46
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Tiger has said that it's important for him to win tournaments to feel comfortable winning again and knowing that his swing is in a state currently in which he can win a major. So for you to state winning doesn't matter to him unless it's a major is stupid. You must not have seen his reaction after he signed his card and learned he had won the The Players. I would say that reaction easily showed it meant alot to him. And he has the game to win a major and honestly, if not for the bad break in the Masters, he was right there, he could have easily won that.

And some of do know alot about golf. It's my day job to study and replicate real golf courses in 3D and I have to watch a ton of golf video on ball reactions to make sure the physics models are accurate within these designs. So I'm doing something related to golf pretty much 8 hours a day. And then yes, some of us do play the game as well.
I saw his reaction. The Players has always been a tough close for him, so yes it did mean something. Still isn't even in the same stratosphere as a major, even if it is often referred to as the fifth.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #47
IdahoBronco7

Golf is a game. People like people because they relate to them. Morals mean a lot to conservatives and contrary to popular beliefs there are a lot of conservatives in this good ol' USA. So I'm sure Christians like Phil a whole lot more than Tiger. Just the facts.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #48
IdahoBronco7

And DB, if you see this....my new spelling is....... -Idaho-Bronco-.........in the nether lands. So if dipchit hopinion....aka could be ex...starts claiming that I'm not me....could you tell him you know better. Not sure why they axed me last time..?

Thanks bro.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #49
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
And DB, if you see this....my new spelling is....... -Idaho-Bronco-.........in the nether lands. So if dipchit hopinion....aka could be ex...starts claiming that I'm not me....could you tell him you know better. Not sure why they axed me last time..?

Thanks bro.
Ha it's a mess over there. Can't figure out who's really legit and who's ex. This confirms you're that profile though. Ex is too dumb to slither onto this site.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:34 AM   #50
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
You don't think Phil has the talent to back it up ? Sure he chokes but he wins also. Tiger has been choking since his exwife beat him up with a 9 iron. Can't just say everything is cool with his world because he made a come back. Phil has won 2.2 mil this year already. A 1st, a 3rd and money slots in many other tournaments. He's the most exciting player on the tour. Tiger is a whinning cry baby at times. You never see Mickelson throw tantrums like Tiger. If you don't see Phil as a "great" player you must have blinders on.
i was talking about early on in his career. when he choked all the time and couldn't win a big tourney. all you heard was Phil is a nice guy but he can't win the big one.

and no, he's not a great golfer. he's good but not great.
way too inconsistent and misses too many cuts. that's not great, that's good.

and Phil has whined plenty of times in the past and even his california taxes rant.
but as a said before, him being a nice guy or a christian has little to do with if he should be liked or not in his profession.
Tiger is one of the biggest douche's in golf history in terms of his prickly nature and desire to destroy his opponents.
he's also one of the best if not the best golfer's in the history of the game and drives up tv ratings and makes the tour a **** load of money.

when Tiger doesn't play or is having a down year people tune out, when he's on people tune in.
i could care less what he does in his personal life short of murder, child abuse and satanic rituals.
if Tiger was the nicest guy in the world but never won a tourney no one would care about him, same with phil or any other athlete.
people getting pissed off on some moral compass soap box with Tiger about his personal life is as dumb as a person getting pissed off when they find out a politician lied to them. makes no sense, especially if it is a personal issue and doesn't directly affect you.