The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #501
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Actually I am not really surprised now that Inferno brings it up. Obamas whole govt is corrupt who knows what they are doing. But that doesn't make it any less shocking. Our own govt using taxes and the IRS to attack people who don't think the same way they do.

This is the biggest threat any President has ever put us under. Bush actually cared about people even though his medicare plan b, his no child left behind were failures. Obama is cold, hes dark (no pun intended), he's aloof and honestly I have no idea what he stands for. Do you?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #502
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Actually I am not really surprised now that Inferno brings it up. Obamas whole govt is corrupt who knows what they are doing. But that doesn't make it any less shocking. Our own govt using taxes and the IRS to attack people who don't think the same way they do.

This is the biggest threat any President has ever put us under. Bush actually cared about people even though his medicare plan b, his no child left behind were failures. Obama is cold, hes dark (no pun intended), he's aloof and honestly I have no idea what he stands for. Do you?
Houghtam doesn't give you enough credit,your posts are beyond idiotic.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #503
El Minion
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Houghtam doesn't give you enough credit,your posts are beyond idiotic.
And this is why America can no longer have nice things.
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #504
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Minion View Post
And this is why America can no longer have nice things.
It was easier to get nice things before we ran out of other people's money, but at least we have Obama Phones.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #505
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
It was easier to get nice things before we ran out of other people's money, but at least we have Obama Phones.
Might want to do your research before you spout off stupid ****. I know it is a habit for you in WRP, but come on now. Try and better yourself.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #506
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Now holder admitting he was on board with some of the phone record siezures. Man do these guys ever tell the truth right off?

Obama needs to fire his ass right now. I can't believe even Obama supporters and dems not saying to find a new guy. Hell he can still be a party loyalist but Holder stinks at this job and is now basically admitting he lied before.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #507
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

It was basically in 1996 they added cell phones to the list. It all goes back way before cell phones invented. Its not a bad program to make sure our whole country is linked to the global telecommunications. I don't have a problem with this program because we are used to the tax its been there a long time. Have to side with the liberals on this one.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #508
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I'm sure the program being abused though. There isn't one program they could dive into and not find graft and BS. If people get caught breaking the rules remove them from the program. But if we cut off rural areas then the kids there won't get a chance to be connected, to learn, to try and go do something big.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #509
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Might want to do your research before you spout off stupid ****. I know it is a habit for you in WRP, but come on now. Try and better yourself.
It comes from the Universal Service Fund. Look at your phone bill to see how much your Universal Service Fund fee is.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #510
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
It comes from the Universal Service Fund. Look at your phone bill to see how much your Universal Service Fund fee is.
You don't really think that is a huge problem though do you? I am sure there is some BS graft going on but trust me that little phone tax the least of our problems. I heard a big chunk of it goes to making sure schools in rural area connected to the internet etc etc. IMO that is pretty important. People can choose how and where to live but their kids should still have access to the world. If the price is a few losers get a cell phone who didn't deserve it i can live with it. I'm sure they ain't getting iphones right?

Whatever just doesn't seem like a big issue to me. Things like the medical device tax will end up hurting us more.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #511
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
I pay $45 bucks a month for unlimited everything on a non-contract based phone. I wouldn't know if StraightTalk gives anything of my money as a contribution to the fund.

FWIW, not all providers of cell or phone service charge a USF. They are not required to. They do so if they wish. How much is yours a month? BTW, The Lifeline Program is not directly subsidized by tax payers, nor was it initiated by Obama liked you had suggested with the stupid "Obama Phone" tag.

Keep on fighting the "good" fight!
Old 05-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #512
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Considering you are a middle-aged person spending a majority of your social time pissing in the ear of people half your age online, I don't know if you should be talking about potential. Must be a humbling feeling knowing that your "best" days aren't ahead of you and have already past you by, huh? Sure sounded like it when you told me stories about what you are doing with your life that you felt so bad about that you didn't want others on here to know.
As usual you display your juvenile attitude that you can slam people with below the belt personal insult but - heaven forbid - they return fire, you suck your thumb and run to the admins trying to have them banned.

As I stated before, these kinds of comments out of you are grossly uncalled for and are a reflection of your unhealthy inner mentality. In short, as I said, you need a shrink.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #513
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Only fools would spend their hard earned money to go and talk to someone about their problems.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #514
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Only fools would spend their hard earned money to go and talk to someone about their problems.

Ya that is what message boards are for, right?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:17 PM   #515
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Ya that is what message boards are for, right?
Sure, why not. A lot of people on here give good advice and share and exchange ideas for free. I have learned a lot from people on here. IHaveALight sent me a private message today about Auto Immune stuff out of the blue and was extraordinarily helpful on diet and things that can hopefully keep some of my health issues at bay. Things I have never heard of and had not considered. It was generous of him to do so. Nothing can beat the advice of a friend or family member who actually has something invested in you personally and a familiarity with you. Even at times, someone you don't know well (like the person above) can shed some light on dark areas. I stand by my statement that there are better outlets to go to in order to find holistic health than a shrink who is going to charge you a whorehouse price for services most people can receive in better depth for free -- or if they are smart enough, do the soul searching to work things out on their own.

When I lost my best friend and partner at the ripe age of 20, I didn't feel the need to go and get help from Dr. Psych in order to get through my problems. I had the guidance, love and care from an extremely great support system from those close to me as well as co-workers. Can't ask for much more than that. Just be thankful for those things and keep on keeping on, Baja.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:44 AM   #516
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

A few tea party groups getting singled out while trying to apply for a tax exempt status they aren't eligible for is the biggest threat to us ever?

It's not a question of if, but rather how much crack do you do?
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:33 AM   #517
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Yep because it shows the IRS is coruptable by whatever admin is in power. The threat of an IRS that is used to satisfy political vendettas is a huge threat. Way bigger threat then just what a White House will do to cover something up. That shows what they will do to attack, using the govt they run as a weapon. Surprised you don't see how much of a threat it is Fedaykin. I think you would had the IRS been used to thwart unions giving to democrats. The IRS can't be used as an attack dog because we need them to gather our taxes. We already don't trust them.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:49 AM   #518
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yep because it shows the IRS is coruptable by whatever admin is in power. The threat of an IRS that is used to satisfy political vendettas is a huge threat. Way bigger threat then just what a White House will do to cover something up. That shows what they will do to attack, using the govt they run as a weapon. Surprised you don't see how much of a threat it is Fedaykin. I think you would had the IRS been used to thwart unions giving to democrats. The IRS can't be used as an attack dog because we need them to gather our taxes. We already don't trust them.
Some minor political organizations were foiled from getting a tax break that they weren't eligible for in the first place and it's the worst possible problem? Meanwhile massive super PACS that have the very same tax status are untouched.

This is worse than:

* Millions of votes being disenfranchised weeks before an election?
* Entire governments (federal, state, local, etc.) being co-opted by corporate special interests?
* Letting fraudsters who destroyed our economy off without so much as a slap on the wrist?
* Thousands of American citizens being put in concentration camps?
* Wars being started for no good reason?
* People being systematically imprisoned without trial and tortured?
* The (UN)PATRIOT(IC) Act?
* Supporting terrorist groups?

I could go on, but I think people reading this (other than morons like cutlet) get the point.

Please, this is a problem, and maybe Obama was involved, but the crazy exaggeration your making does no good for anyone, especially you cutlet.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:03 AM   #519
TonyR
Franchise Poster

^ Good post, Fed. Yup, lots of issues to contend with and talk about. The righties desperate attempts to turn this into one anywhere remotely towards the top of the list is puzzling to say the least.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #520
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Some minor political organizations were foiled from getting a tax break that they weren't eligible for in the first place and it's the worst possible problem? Meanwhile massive super PACS that have the very same tax status are untouched.
It's awesome to see you guys worship the Equal Protection clause at every convenient opportunity, then F it in the A every time your team needs a score.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #521
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
It's awesome to see you guys worship the Equal Protection clause at every convenient opportunity, then F it in the A every time your team needs a score.
I already said it's def a problem, but not an omen of the end of times like cutlet wants to believe.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #522
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
More reading comprehension problems.

Hey Beavis, what's your opinion on the likelihood of armed citizens being of any help to police during a situation where 100 armed terrorist have opened fire on the public?

houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #523
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
More reading comprehension problems.

Hey Beavis, what's your opinion on the likelihood of armed citizens being of any help to police during a situation where 100 armed terrorist have opened fire on the public?

100 armed terrorists? Half the cops I know would've run for the hills.

Your faith in the government oscillates between entertaining and concerning.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:27 PM   #524
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Very Good article on the whole thing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/27/us...nted=2&_r=3&hp

Some nuggets

"The Wetumpka Tea Party, from Alabama, sponsored training for a get-out-the-vote initiative dedicated to the “defeat of President Barack Obama” while the I.R.S. was weighing its application.

And the head of the Ohio Liberty Coalition, whose application languished with the I.R.S. for more than two years, sent out e-mails to members about Mitt Romney campaign events and organized members to distribute Mr. Romney’s presidential campaign literature.

Representatives of these organizations have cried foul in recent weeks about their treatment by the I.R.S., saying they were among dozens of conservative groups unfairly targeted by the agency, harassed with inappropriate questionnaires and put off for months or years as the agency delayed decisions on their applications.
"

"The I.R.S. is already separately reviewing roughly 300 tax-exempt groups that may have engaged in improper campaign activity in past years, according to agency planning documents. Some election lawyers said they believed a wave of lawsuits against the I.R.S. and intensifying Congressional criticism of its handling of applications were intended in part to derail those audits, giving political nonprofit organizations a freer hand during the 2014 campaign. "

Also because there are some that will claim the IRS is bias:

"Emerge America, which trained women to run for office, was granted 501(c)(4) recognition in 2006, but its status was revoked in 2012. Training people how to run for office is not in itself partisan activity, but the I.R.S. determined that the group trained only Democratic women and was operated to benefit one party. "
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #525
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post

A few tea party groups getting singled out while trying to apply for a tax exempt status they aren't eligible for is the biggest threat to us ever?

It's not a question of if, but rather how much crack do you do?

the threat is that the IRS was used as a tool to exact revenge or intimidate people who were exercising their right to vote and participate in the election process......what if the organizations were formed by black people, would you still think it was no big deal?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote