The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2013, 08:39 AM   #476
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. 'merica!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:56 AM   #477
BroncoBeavis

Let's think back a week...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ction/2149939/

Quote:
Lerner said the practice, initiated by low-level workers in Cincinnati, was wrong.

"It was an error in judgment, and it was not appropriate, but that's what they did," Lerner told reporters. She declined to talk about how many employees were involved and whether there would disciplinary action. "I think they were insensitive, or less sensitive than they should have been."
Nice. Time to send in the independent prosecutor. We're going to need the prospect of jail time to clear some people's memories up.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #478
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

You must really care about this issue, BroncoBeavis.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #479
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
You must really care about this issue, BroncoBeavis.
No, he cares about the truth and not taking sides.

houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #480
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post

He enjoys playing the role of contrarian in every thread possible, whether it be here or elsewhere. Quite a boring gig if you ask me. But hey, he has 15% of the posts in here so he is doing a bang up job keeping it going.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #481
BroncoBeavis

Quote:

It takes real imagination to figure out why a liberal administration illegally targeting conservatives would be of any concern. And I mean that.

Sarcastically, but I mean it.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #482
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Lois Lerner, the Internal Revenue Service’s director of exempt organizations, has been placed on administrative leave, according to a source in the agency’s Cincinnati office.

Lerner on Thursday afternoon sent an e-mail to employees in the exempt-organizations division she oversees stating, “Due to the events of recent days, I am on administrative leave starting today. An announcement will be made shortly informing you who will be acting while I am on administrative leave. I know all of you will continue to support EO’s mission during these difficult times.” She concluded, “I thank you for all your hard work and dedication,” adding, “The work you do is important.”

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...eliana-johnson
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #483
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Quote:
It's entirely logical. I'm surprised you don't know the alleged pros and cons of profiling by heart, though I suspect you're playing dumb again. You can only get away with playing it for so long though, before people stop assuming you're playing. (See one: cutthemdown)

The thought process goes that, since old women don't generally bomb planes, you ignore them at security. Since we have had incidents where people of Middle Eastern descent have been terrorists, it stands to reason that we should pay more attention to them...to target them in searches so that we don't waste their time by targeting everyone equally.

The same logic goes into what the IRS did, whether you agree with the tactic or not. Little old lady sewing circles societies? Not likely to be used as a tax haven and political tool sans-repercussions. Groups affiliated with a movement that derives its name from an act of economic and political terrorism related to taxes? Might want to pay a bit more attention to them.
You must be referring to the original Boston Tea Party when you accuse them of terrorism. I don't even know if the original Tea Party used violence against innocent civilians, but they would have come closer to being a terrorist group than any of the modern versions.
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #484
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
You must be referring to the original Boston Tea Party when you accuse them of terrorism. I don't even know if the original Tea Party used violence against innocent civilians, but they would have come closer to being a terrorist group than any of the modern versions.
Take out the word terrorism and replace it with legitimate protest about taxes. The point remains that organizations based on the principles of not wanting to pay said taxes for one reason or another, might be predictably (whether or not ethically) targeted by the government organization in charge of collecting taxes.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #485
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I love watching houghtam defend its amusing. This had nothing to do with the TEA PARTY groups trying to get away without paying taxes. The extra look was because they didn't want them raising money.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #486
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Listen to yourself Houghtam. Because conservatives want lower tax you feel its ok for the govt to illegally look at them harder with the IRS? To use the IRS to deny them services liberals got easy? That is an abuse of power and many many IRS employees need to be fired. We need an investigation to see how far up into the white house it traveled.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #487
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

The IRS also attacked people who adopt children. I guess the feel they needed to be audited or are comitting fraud?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/24...-report-finds/

People who adopt kids audited 70% of the time? crazy.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #488
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The simple rule in America is abuse of power is always acceptable with a "D" in the WH. There are some in the liberal media raising an issue with this, but as usual, tame compared to what they would be doing with a nondemocrat in office.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #489
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
The simple rule in America is abuse of power is always acceptable with a "D" in the WH. There are some in the liberal media raising an issue with this, but as usual, tame compared to what they would be doing with a nondemocrat in office.
Most put the IRS, AP news stuff buried. That tornado was a blessing for them. They were like whew something else to make the big story.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #490
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Listen to yourself Houghtam. Because conservatives want lower tax you feel its ok for the govt to illegally look at them harder with the IRS? To use the IRS to deny them services liberals got easy? That is an abuse of power and many many IRS employees need to be fired. We need an investigation to see how far up into the white house it traveled.
Learn to read.

BroncoInferno says are you really surprised that the government entity in charge of collecting taxes are profiling groups whose very existence is based on lower taxes and smaller government?

Beavis says how can you say it's okay?

Inferno says I didn't say its okay, just that it's not surprising, and that the reaction to this profiling is interesting considering conservatives' other stances on the usefulness of profiling.

Beavis says please explain.

You say you're defending it by making republicans look bad

I explain the similarities in why one would profile in either situation and say its not surprising.

You say I'm defending it.

Barryr comes in and does his usual drive by barry routine.

Yep, just a typical day in Lala Land for you guys.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #491
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

It is shocking Houghtam because its illegal and they could go to prison for it and lose their jobs.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #492
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Yeah he's saying they deserve to get profiled because they are conservative. I get it.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #493
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Serious question, cut...

If you had to put a number on it, what percentage of an average post do you actually read? Do you have dyslexia? If you do, I feel bad for your condition, but also question the sanity of any company, particularly in the legal arena, who hires someone who has such a difficult time with reading comprehension as you do.

You joke about running a movie theater, but seriously, if any of my minimum wage employees made some of the logical leaps you have, I'd have to question their ability not to come to work with their pants on backwards, let alone their ability to not burn popcorn.

Writing legal briefs and filing paperwork? **** no.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #494
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Let me ask you a serious question. If someone spills something at a movie theater how long does it take you to tell someone to clean it up?
Old 05-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #495
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Houghtam is going back to school for some continuing education. He's taking movie theater bathroom cleaning 101. He will be an expert at wiping up urine for sure.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #496
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Houghtam just summed up his job. Get employees to put pants on right and don't burn the popcorn. The stimulation, the challange, the drive it must take to succeed in the dog eat dog world of working in a theater. If anyone went to said theater we would find you behind the counter serving us some milk duds.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #497
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Houghtam if your ever in Calif I will hook you up. We do a lot of work with Arc Light Cinemas and you can move up to a theater where people drink. Now you are like a bar manager also.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #498
houghtam
Ring of Famer

there's cut's history on the Mane in a nutshell.

Step 1) Skim a thread, pick out a word you don't like

Step 2a) Get angry and make 5 incoherent posts in a row

Step 2b) Make sweeping accusations and generalizations you can't support

Step 3) Make an idiotic statement that makes even people of your own ilk (that means kind in this instance, definition 2) cringe

Step 4) Get owned by the entire site

Step 5) Cry yourself to sleep at night knowing you are a failure at life
Old 05-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #499
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

How I feel most days reading posts on this part of the forum:

Old 05-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #500