The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #426
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
No doubt that is a reason. The wrongdoing here is criminal and actionable in civil court. She needs to be removed by Obama from her position asap.
Yeah, this is important. The 5th Amendment doesn't protect your federal employment. Once you go to the fifth, you're more worried about self preservation than serving your agency and country. There's no excuse for the continued employment of someone who pleads the 5th when asked questions about the duties they performed as part of their job.

Where else in the world would pleading the 5th to your boss result in your continued employment?

Luckily, even some principled Democrats on the committee see this for the threat to our Democracy it is, and are threatening to bring in independent council if the stonewalling continues.

  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:16 PM   #427
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
you think that's the way it went down. Sure Issa knew nothing just because you paraphrase to your liking.
I didn't say he knew nothing. But until the IG report came out, he had little proof. If he'd come out spouting everything he'd heard through the grapevine, you'd be harassing him over that.

Either way, you'd relentlessly slob the Admin knob. So it matters little.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #428
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,239

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Who here thinks we will get to the truth of the matter?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #429
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Who here thinks we will get to the truth of the matter?
We won't. The reason is after Nixon all future presidents have the chain of command set up to always have plausible deniability. Seriously you think any president has made tapes since Nixon lol. Ummmmm no.

This lady right here is ready to take the fall for anything the white knew or directed. She will probably go on to get some liberal job in the private sector with great pay as her reward. Whatever I don't stomp my feet its just the way it is. Fact is Obama did enough contradictory statements to have this make the majority of the country feel he knew more about it then he said. He isn't getting into any real trouble though. But it will drag on a lot longer and a few lambs will have to give blood. This lady is done at the IRS. She can forget about implenting Obamacare for the King. Then at some point because of all the questions i think Obama will be forced to name an outside investigator.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #430
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,239

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

If I were Obama's globalist handler I might throw him under the bus on this just to deeply divide America on race issues. To discredit Obama will cause great racial strife. That would further my agenda to bring America down in order to have an easier path to a global government.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #431
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
If I were Obama's globalist handler I might throw him under the bus on this just to deeply divide America on race issues. To discredit Obama will cause great racial strife. That would further my agenda to bring America down in order to have an easier path to a global government.
I'll think about that Baja but your getting ahead of yourself.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #432
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I'll think about that Baja but your getting ahead of yourself.
You need to smoke some of that good Mexican **** to really understand what he's talking about.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #433
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,353

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
What,she no longer has rights?
We apparently don't.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:18 PM   #434
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,227
Default

I'm fine with obama covering it up and moving on. But at the very least we need a few more heads to roll, and to score a few more points first. Lets face it though no modern President is going to be accountible in todays age. They know to make sure nothing can lead back to them. But we can still remove the person in charge of Obamacare at the IRS and maybe even get a vote after 2014 to remove them as having anything to do with our healthcare. I think Americans already leary of the fines and IRS involvement. This helps grow that into slowly chipping away at parts of Obamacare.

Do liberals at least admit that a special investigation would at least uncover more then we know now?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:01 AM   #435
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,338

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I'm fine with obama covering it up and moving on. But at the very least we need a few more heads to roll, and to score a few more points first. Lets face it though no modern President is going to be accountible in todays age. They know to make sure nothing can lead back to them. But we can still remove the person in charge of Obamacare at the IRS and maybe even get a vote after 2014 to remove them as having anything to do with our healthcare. I think Americans already leary of the fines and IRS involvement. This helps grow that into slowly chipping away at parts of Obamacare.

Do liberals at least admit that a special investigation would at least uncover more then we know now?
Nothing to admit here, a special investigation won't uncover anything.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #436
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,849

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I didn't say he knew nothing. But until the IG report came out, he had little proof. If he'd come out spouting everything he'd heard through the grapevine, you'd be harassing him over that.

Either way, you'd relentlessly slob the Admin knob. So it matters little.
So says the pot to the kettle.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #437
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I'm fine with obama covering it up and moving on. But at the very least we need a few more heads to roll, and to score a few more points first. Lets face it though no modern President is going to be accountible in todays age.
Pretty much anytime you hear "Well, my Chief of Staff knew, but I was never informed" you know you're dealing completely in the arena of plausible (not really) deniability.

With all of these scandals, these guys will claim nothing is proven until the President takes a picture of himself next to it and autographs it. But in reality, there are information chokepoints (like the Chief of Staff) maintained so only a few people are even aware of what the President knows or doesn't know.

If he decides to play the "I have no idea what happens in this administration" card (where he's pretty much on a 3-for-3 streak) it's going to be a struggle to prove otherwise. Unless you can dig something up on one of the gatekeepers.

It still doesn't speak at all well for the President's competence though. Bringing promised change to your government requires having some semblance of a clue what it's doing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #438
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
So says the pot to the kettle.
The pot accused the kettle of fellatiating the powerful?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #439
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,384
Default

What have we been saying all along? Even if nothing ever comes of any of this, there will still be people in the Republican Party who will treat it as if something actually DID happen.

And here we see it in action, predictably from Beavis. In the same post he admits that they won't find anything, he quickly gives you the real reason why not. That, folks, is the very definition of inventing a conspiracy before all the facts have come out.

houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:55 AM   #440
Rigs11
Ring of Famer
 
Rigs11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,588
Default

More hypocrisy

Limbaugh's Hypocrisy On The Fifth Amendment

LIMBAUGH: By the way, on this Lois Lerner business folks, about the Fifth Amendment -- the Fifth Amendment is not meant to be used as a way to get out of answering questions. The Fifth Amendment is clearly there to ensure that you don't have to testify against yourself.

[...]

The Fifth Amendment-- you're charging me? Then you prove it. I'm not going to incriminate myself. But it's not meant to be used as a way of getting out of answering questions. Particularly when you say first, "I haven't done anything wrong! I have not participated in any criminal activity, I haven't done anything wrong." Well then why are you invoking the Fifth? Just so you don't have to answer questions? Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Limbaugh's statements, however, contradict comments he made about the Fifth Amendment during the George W. Bush administration.

In 2007, the Bush White House came under fire for the allegedly politically-motivated firing of U.S. attorneys. The Department of Justice's White House Liaison, Monica Goodling, was called to testify before the House Judiciary Committee, but instead refused to answer questions after citing her Fifth Amendment right.

During a March 2007 broadcast, Limbaugh responded to a caller's question about Goodling invoking the Fifth by describing the hearing as a "perjury trap," praised her attorney for being "wise to have her plead the fifth," and even taking issue with those who assume that pleading the Fifth is an admission of guilt:

LIMBAUGH: It's a perjury trap. A lot of this stuff is just being set up for perjury traps. That's why they want Rove and Harriet Miers under oath on this whole issue. So, the lawyer says that the obvious lack of impartiality of the Senate and conclusions already reached make anybody, especially Monica Goodling's testimony, perilous here. He's wise to have her plead the Fifth. Now, what do you think about this, though, Matt? The Fifth Amendment is what it is. It's certainly a constitutional right. But most people think, "A-ha! A-ha! Fifth Amendment! A-ha, a-ha! Guilty! You're afraid to go up and show it. You're afraid to admit it." You know that's how people react to people who take the fifth.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/05...endment/194184
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #441
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
What have we been saying all along? Even if nothing ever comes of any of this, there will still be people in the Republican Party who will treat it as if something actually DID happen.

And here we see it in action, predictably from Beavis. In the same post he admits that they won't find anything, he quickly gives you the real reason why not. That, folks, is the very definition of inventing a conspiracy before all the facts have come out.

Laughing at someone feigning ignorance at something everyone else around him (with a duty to report to him) knew is not a conspiracy theory. It opens up a single question... are you incompetent, or malicious? Leaving that question open isn't a "conspiracy theory" because it's still an important question to answer.

I just have a hard time believing he's THAT incompetent. But duly noted. As the whole Plame thing taught us, scandals have no legs unless you can find direct written or photographic evidence of the Boss being hands-on with it.

Oh, and BTW, I'm not the only one out there throwing out the "N" Word.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3460_162...in-washington/

Quote:
When the burglars broke into Democratic Headquarters at the Watergate, a lot of us back then found it hard to believe.

Why would anyone break into a political headquarters? What did they hope to find? Bumper stickers? Yard signs? Nobody is dumb enough to pull a stunt like that.

But they were!

I admit I had about the same reaction when I first heard the IRS had gone after the tea party last year. The tea party? Surely no one could be dumb enough to think you could get away with that in an election year.

But they were! So, welcome to dumb and dumber.

It did take awhile for the news to get to some quarters. We've heard that the President said he didn't find out about it until last week. Last week!

Which qualified him for Washington's fastest-growing club: the longer and longer list of officials who suddenly don't know much about a lot of unpleasant things, from Benghazi to the Associated Press investigation.

At this point, spare me the talking points and the excuses. No matter whether Republicans or Democrats are doing this kind of thing, this stuff is not just wrong, it's really stupid, and it will take more than firing a few temps and low-level bureaucrats to fix it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #442
Rigs11
Ring of Famer
 
Rigs11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,588
Default

Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:33 AM   #443
Rigs11
Ring of Famer
 
Rigs11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,588
Default

Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #444
Rigs11
Ring of Famer
 
Rigs11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,588
Default

Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #445
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Lolz. Asking tax exempt applicants what they pray about or demanding pro-life groups not picket Planned Parenthood is now a "shortcut"


Meanwhile, old Stonewall Shulman visits the White House on average more than once a week for 2 years around the same time this targeting starts, but we're told there's no possibility of a connection. Case Closed!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #446
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,227
Default

Had they stalled and hindered liberal applications I wouldn't even care about this. The fact liberals aren't saying that tells me the numbers really are that bad. It was an all out attack on conservative fundraising. The longer dems try and hide the truth the longer it will drag on.

The next big fight is student loan rates. Last time repubs bent and just voted to keep the super low rates subsidized. But those lower rates were never intended to be permanant. House just passed a bill tying the rates to the markets but Obama says he will veto it. He wants the super low rates for 2 more yrs so he can leave us with a few more billion in debt. What people don't get is that the low interest rate and easy money of student loans just allows universities to charge more. Its the loans making it expensive. Same with new cars. GM and Ford could not charge what they do if it wasn't for people getting super low interest on that 30 grand they are spending. it leads to inflation how can people not see that?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #447
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,227
Default

Be a good little liberal attack **** and take the fall.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg obama irs.jpg (152.6 KB, 38 views)
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:28 PM   #448
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,227
Default

Except Riggs isn't funny because we all know it was so much more then just the IRS trying to save time and take a short cut lol. Had they targeted liberal groups maybe so but that isn't the case. This whole scandal is really going to help in 2014. Congressional control for the last 2 yrs while Obama has to veto everything in site.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #449
Rigs11
Ring of Famer
 
Rigs11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Except Riggs isn't funny because we all know it was so much more then just the IRS trying to save time and take a short cut lol. Had they targeted liberal groups maybe so but that isn't the case. This whole scandal is really going to help in 2014. Congressional control for the last 2 yrs while Obama has to veto everything in site.
umm.. actually they did target liberal groups, back when your daddy dubya was in charge. Funny indeed.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:11 PM   #450
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
umm.. actually they did target liberal groups, back when your daddy dubya was in charge. Funny indeed.
Yeah, someone hasn't been following the story.

Surprise! It's cut again!
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:21 PM.


Denver Broncos