The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #301
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
He had a Democrat controlled Congress his first two years in office.....
Again,if you would actually pay attention you would know that during the first 2 yrs,they only had a filibuster proof majority for 4 months at which time they were working on Obamacare.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:46 PM   #302
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Again,if you would actually pay attention you would know that during the first 2 yrs,they only had a filibuster proof majority for 4 months at which time they were working on Obamacare.
Yeah, another way to try and control the people under the guise that they're taking care of them.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:04 PM   #303
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Again,if you would actually pay attention you would know that during the first 2 yrs,they only had a filibuster proof majority for 4 months at which time they were working on Obamacare.
In reality Obama spent any political capital he had in the those 4 months. It was a ramrodding through and now repubs have heals dug in. Totally understandable because Obama shot his wad on Obamacare not caring about anything else. Lets just get Obamacare passed no matter the costs polticially or to the country. Well now Obama is reaping what he sowed. The country didn't want him doing such radical legislation anymore and took away his majority in the House and really the Senate as well because they can no longer block a fillibuster.

in 2014 it gets worst. Repubs gain in the Senate and keep the house. Obama is nuetered and the country is relatively safe from his ineptitude.

Last edited by cutthemdown; 05-19-2013 at 10:16 PM..
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:56 PM   #304
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 10,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
You forgot "since 2009".
2001-2009 was pretty craptastic...but this administration took it to a whole new level of corruption/control years ago, and it just keeps getting worse.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:00 AM   #305
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 10,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post

in 2014 it gets worst. Repubs gain in the Senate and keep the house. Obama is nuetered and the country is relatively safe from his ineptitude.
Too little too late. The damage has been done. Over-reach continues to occur, and won't stop until this administration has been completely stripped of it's power at ALL levels of government.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #306
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 56,054

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Yeah! The Republicans will save us!
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #307
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Between benghazi & the IRS which has been on the news the past two weeks,Obama's approval has gone up to 51% on Gallup & 47% at its lowest on fox news poll. Considering your post,it's apparently clear it's about politics not substance/truth.
Yup. And CNN's latest polling finds the same thing as Gallup.

Quote:
According to the survey, which was conducted Friday and Saturday, 53% of Americans say they approve of the job the president is doing, with 45% saying they disapprove. The presidentís approval rating was at 51% in CNNís last poll, which was conducted in early April.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ted/?hpt=hp_t2
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #308
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Again,if you would actually pay attention you would know that during the first 2 yrs,they only had a filibuster proof majority for 4 months at which time they were working on Obamacare.
Did Bush ever have that? Seems like you guys claim he effed the country up completely, and he hardly ever even had a bare majority.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #309
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Did Bush ever have that? Seems like you guys claim he effed the country up completely, and he hardly ever even had a bare majority.
What you fail to understand,I'm glad you bring this point up, is that dems actually respect the vote of the American people. GWB was elected & as such had a right to push through his agenda. Unfortunately the same can't be said about rethugs.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #310
Rigs11
Ring of Famer
 
Rigs11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,642
Default

1.Issa knew about this back in July of 2012
2.McConnel states that there is no evidence linking this to Obama
3.Obama's poll numbers up 3 points

Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #311
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
dems actually respect the vote of the American people. GWB was elected & as such had a right to push through his agenda.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:42 AM   #312
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
1.Issa knew about this back in July of 2012
2.McConnel states that there is no evidence linking this to Obama
3.Obama's poll numbers up 3 points

Of course he knew about it. Congress was already on record asking IRS officials about it, which they categorically denied (possibly committing a felony)

This one's not going away any time soon.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #313
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Yup. And CNN's latest polling finds the same thing as Gallup.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ted/?hpt=hp_t2
That's what happens when someone, like many of the people on here, assumes guilt before an investigation.

It comes off as petty and combative. Considering the history of the Obstructionist Congress, it should come as little surprise that their villain is going to come out smelling like a rose in the eyes of the public.

Should have let the investigation go forward uninhibited and unburdened by the media circus, and let the facts lead where they may. Instead it's having the reverse effect. Keep going crazy, righties...with enemies like this, who needs friends?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #314
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
That's what happens when someone, like many of the people on here, assumes guilt before an investigation.

It comes off as petty and combative. Considering the history of the Obstructionist Congress, it should come as little surprise that their villain is going to come out smelling like a rose in the eyes of the public.

Should have let the investigation go forward uninhibited and unburdened by the media circus, and let the facts lead where they may. Instead it's having the reverse effect. Keep going crazy, righties...with enemies like this, who needs friends?
Nixon won 60% of the vote 5 months after the Watergate break in. 3 months after the Washington Post discovered a Nixon campaign check had been cashed by one of the burglars.

Patience, padawan. These things take time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #315
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Nixon won 60% of the vote 5 months after the Watergate break in. 3 months after the Washington Post discovered a Nixon campaign check had been cashed by one of the burglars.

Patience, padawan. These things take time.
And the Democrats still only picked up 5 seats.

Good luck on your witch hunt.

Edit: Excuse me...witch hunts.

Last edited by houghtam; 05-20-2013 at 11:27 AM..
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #316
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

, all that's going happen here is a backlash against rethugs for overreaching. They got nothing on the IRS scandal as far as Obama goes. The benghazi scandal is that the GOP doctored the emails to make Obama look bad.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #317
Rigs11
Ring of Famer
 
Rigs11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,642
Default

the GOP rebranding themselves. From the party of No, to the party of waaaaaa.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #318
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
, all that's going happen here is a backlash against rethugs for overreaching. They got nothing on the IRS scandal as far as Obama goes. The benghazi scandal is that the GOP doctored the emails to make Obama look bad.
Yeah, that basically didn't happen.

How did they doctor emails they weren't given access to?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #319
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yeah, that basically didn't happen.

How did they doctor emails they weren't given access to?


http://theweek.com/article/index/244...enghazi-emails

They lied about the emails,what happened is they didn't,for some reason,expect the white house to call their bluff & release the full emails.

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/...ns-lying-about

Last edited by peacepipe; 05-20-2013 at 11:55 AM..
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #320
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,795

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
What you fail to understand,I'm glad you bring this point up, is that dems actually respect the vote of the American people. GWB was elected & as such had a right to push through his agenda. Unfortunately the same can't be said about rethugs.
The congressmen from my area were elected to push for the wants and needs of the citizens that elected them. I fully expect them to fight tooth and nail against Obamaís liberal agenda and anything short of that would be grounds for not reelecting them the next term.

If members of the OM that participate on the WRP were members of congress, absolutely nothing would get passed. There would be zero compromise between us. The disrespect and division of congress on the national level is even worse, so why would you expect anything different?
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #321
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
The congressmen from my area were elected to push for the wants and needs of the citizens that elected them. I fully expect them to fight tooth and nail against Obamaís liberal agenda and anything short of that would be grounds for not reelecting them the next term.

If members of the OM that participate on the WRP were members of congress, absolutely nothing would get passed. There would be zero compromise between us. The disrespect and division of congress on the national level is even worse, so why would you expect anything different?
This attitude/belief is why rethugs/conservatives will be a minority party & will never see the majority power.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #322
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,734

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post


http://theweek.com/article/index/244...enghazi-emails

They lied about the emails,what happened is they didn't,for some reason,expect the white house to call their bluff & release the full emails.

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/...ns-lying-about
More evidence that this has been a political play, not a search for truth and facts.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #323
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,795

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
This attitude/belief is why rethugs/conservatives will be a minority party & will never see the majority power.
Tell me what part of my post is untrue and it's a double edged sword that cuts both ways, do you see any compromise from the democraps?
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #324
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Tell me what part of my post is untrue and it's a double edged sword that cuts both ways, do you see any compromise from the democraps?
They've compromised for decades, rethugs used to compromise as well. Rethugs have been overrun by the fringe of their base,largely due to the fact that they have pushed anyone with any resemblance of moderation out of your party.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #325
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,753
Default

This article explains in detail what happened and why, and pretty much puts to rest the right wing dream of somehow pinning this on the Obama administration.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/19/us...pagewanted=all
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:55 PM.


Denver Broncos