The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #151
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
They only make what 5000 a yr? How can they dominate anything like that? Not saying its not a cool car. Its the only electric I would want.
As I clarified, they are dominating in their class, and I i said earlier doing so with unheard of (for a car maker) profit margins.

And that do that while providing free recharging.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:54 PM   #152
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
uhuh
As El Minion has already helped clarify, I was imprecise.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #153
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You act like it's just a matter of setting some price and watching the proceeds roll in. You do realize there'd have to be a ton of tracking and scorekeeping involved.
Nope. Add the cost at the wellhead.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #154
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Minion View Post
Tesla only has two models, not the dozens that the other offer.

Tesla sales beating Mercedes, BMW and Audi

Whether they choose to offer 1,000 models or only one, it's not an accurate measure of "market share" to pick only one of your competition's products and "compete" against that.

If we're talking about luxury car market share (as Mr Context said we were) Tesla is next to insignificant. Not that Tesla's doing poorly. Good for them. But you're not going to change the world in the luxury car market segment. They have a sliver of a sliver.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #155
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Whether they choose to offer 1,000 models or only one, it's not an accurate measure of "market share" to pick only one of your competition's products and "compete" against that.

If we're talking about luxury car market share (as Mr Context said we were) Tesla is next to insignificant. Not that Tesla's doing poorly. Good for them. But you're not going to change the world in the luxury car market segment. They have a sliver of a sliver.
As i said, they're targeting the luxury market since that provides the highest margins giving them the most capital to work with to do further R&D. It's not some big secret, it's right there in their business plan.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:36 AM   #156
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
My electric bill last month was $21.

After switching to LED lights, a Sunfrost refrig, and after changing from electric hot water to a propane heat-on-demand water heater.

MHG
What do you pay per kilowat hour?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:13 AM   #157
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
As i said, they're targeting the luxury market since that provides the highest margins giving them the most capital to work with to do further R&D. It's not some big secret, it's right there in their business plan.
BMW, Mercedes, Audi, and Caddie are all exclusively targeting the luxury market. Again the problem is you're comparing a company with one product to companies with many, while only looking at one of their models. Teslas overall luxury market share is a drop in the bucket.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:09 AM   #158
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

We don't need the world livable for 7 billion people. We need to make sure America comes out on top. Since when do we care about making the whole world livable? Let me get this right you don't want to be the police of the world but you wan't to be their fairy godfather instead?

I have no problem with trying to go green but you can't force it. When a company can make money on solar they will do it. Helping them along with loans that don't get paid back is nonesense. We should frack the hell out of the Bakken, export the gas, tax the exports because those oil companies will be making tons, use the money to go to mars. We need to get back to huge undertakings not worrying about cooling the earth. If Earth warming and it doesn't stop at some point we will just have to adapt. Buying a Tesla, putting solar on our roofs, paying up the ass for energy just won't do anything. Earth will still warm up but we will be broke.

Besides it will drought the mideast into dying off and that might not be so bad. **** most of the world i say. Most of them hate us anyways.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:11 AM   #159
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Tesla will sell cars until the electric car buffs have bought them. They won't hold those sales numbers. It is a killer car though but not many can afford it. I know someone who had the roadster a long time ago. He got free electricty at his work for yrs until they told him to stop. Telsa cool because it just plug into an outlet. No big fancy charging station.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:20 AM   #160
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
We don't need the world livable for 7 billion people. We need to make sure America comes out on top. Since when do we care about making the whole world livable? Let me get this right you don't want to be the police of the world but you wan't to be their fairy godfather instead?

I have no problem with trying to go green but you can't force it. When a company can make money on solar they will do it. Helping them along with loans that don't get paid back is nonesense. We should frack the hell out of the Bakken, export the gas, tax the exports because those oil companies will be making tons, use the money to go to mars. We need to get back to huge undertakings not worrying about cooling the earth. If Earth warming and it doesn't stop at some point we will just have to adapt. Buying a Tesla, putting solar on our roofs, paying up the ass for energy just won't do anything. Earth will still warm up but we will be broke.

Besides it will drought the mideast into dying off and that might not be so bad. **** most of the world i say. Most of them hate us anyways.
Don't post when you're drunk or high.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #161
El Minion
Ring of Famer

"98 doctors tell you to treat your son this way, 2 say the other way...it's not conservative to go with the 2...those are the numbers" – Bob Inglis (R)

495: Hot In My Backyard
MAY 17, 2013

After years of being stuck, the national conversation on climate change finally started to shift — just a little — last year, the hottest year on record in the U.S., with Hurricane Sandy flooding the New York subway, drought devastating Midwest farms, and California and Colorado on fire. Lots of people were wondering if global warming had finally arrived, here at home. This week, stories about this new reality.

Host Ira Glass remembers Hurricane Sandy, and the feeling that we might be getting a preview of what the world would looking like as climate change continues. He talks about how stuck the country’s conversation about climate change has been, but how for the first time in a long time, it seems that might change. (2 minutes)

ACT ONE

The CO2 in CO

Reporter Julia Kumari Drapkin tells the story of Colorado’s State Climatologist, Nolan Doesken. Doesken has long believed the humans are driving climate change, but never connected it to his own life. Even after several years of some of the most devastating weather his state has ever seen, Nolan considered climate change a worry for the future. Then, last year, he watched as his state experience some of the most extreme weather it ever has. For the first time, Nolan felt like he was looking at what the future would be like where he lives. He felt scared. Julia tells the story of how this has all changed Nolan, and changed what he’s saying to the people of his home state. Julia is the lead producer of iSeeChange at station KVNF, funded by Localore, AIR and CPB. (18 minutes)

ACT TWO

The Right Man for the Job.

Producer Ben Calhoun tells the story of a former Congressional Representative from South Carolina, Bob Inglis. Inglis is a conservative Republican who once doubted climate science. After he looked at the research, he changed his mind, and decided to speak out. In 2010, he was mocked by people in his own party and trounced in by a Tea Party-backed candidate. Since then, Bob has dedicated himself to the issue even more — and he’s now trying to create a conservative coalition for climate change action. (15 minutes)

ACT THREE

Find an Enemy.

Host Ira Glass tells the story of writer turned activist Bill McKibben. McKibben is trying to reinvent progressive politics when it come to climate change. He’s attempting to create a divestment campaign modeled after the successful campaign against apartheid in South Africa. The campaign is designed recast the discussion of climate change with fossil fuel companies as the villains. (18 minutes)

El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:42 PM   #162
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Don't post when you're drunk or high.
Oh man you trying to get rid of me?
Old 05-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #163
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Oh man you trying to get rid of me?
You're comfortable with billions more dying over the rest of the century.

You're either drunk, high, or one psychopathic ****.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #164
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
You're comfortable with billions more dying over the rest of the century.

You're either drunk, high, or one psychopathic ****.

The lizard people are changing the atmosphere. They are more suited to a higher concentration of CO2. They prefer a more acidic atmosphere. That's why the chem trails.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #165
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

[QUOTE=W*GS;3852742]You're comfortable with billions more dying over the rest of the century.

Liberals crack me up. They say they don't want to police the world. But then turn around and want to take responsibility for billions of people who may suffer if the Earth warms up. America already doing more then most countries to go green. I only drive about 10 thousand miles a yr W*gs how much do you drive?

I don't fly but maybe once a yr to go on 1 vacation, how often do you fly? i decided Earth had enough people so me and my lady don't want kids. How many did you have? I make my money by helping people through lawsuits and playing music. Once again a very low footprint co2 wise. What do you do W*GS. Then ask yourself who is worst for co2 me or you.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #166
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Liberals crack me up. They say they don't want to police the world. But then turn around and want to take responsibility for billions of people who may suffer if the Earth warms up.
You won't accept responsibility for anything.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #167
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
The lizard people are changing the atmosphere. They are more suited to a higher concentration of CO2. They prefer a more acidic atmosphere. That's why the chem trails.
Don't post when you're drunk or high, or, in your case, your usual state.

Did you suffer a traumatic head injury at one time that resulted in the removal of much of your brain?
Old 05-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #168
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Don't post when you're drunk or high, or, in your case, your usual state.

Did you suffer a traumatic head injury at one time that resulted in the removal of much of your brain?

Know what the lizard people live off of? The fear of pre pubescent children.

See it in Stanley Kubreck's Eyes wide Shut. Think about the title. You are ignoring and minimizing pure evil.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:44 PM   #169
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Know what the lizard people live off of? The fear of pre pubescent children.
They get a heaping helping of fear from you. You're one of the biggest scaredy-cats I've ever run across. You're shot through with paranoia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja
See it in Stanley Kubreck's Eyes wide Shut. Think about the title.
Ummmm, errrrr, ahhh - it's a freakin' movie! But it does have Nicole Kidman's titties on display. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja
You are ignoring and minimizing pure evil.
You're ignoring reality. Go ignore a cliff.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #170
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
They get a heaping helping of fear from you. You're one of the biggest scaredy-cats I've ever run across. You're shot through with paranoia.

Ummmm, errrrr, ahhh - it's a freakin' movie! But it does have Nicole Kidman's titties on display. Yum.

You're ignoring reality. Go ignore a cliff.
I am not afraid you old fool I am trying to help you
Old 05-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #171
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I am not afraid you old fool I am trying to help you
With bull****?

You're just displacing blame like gaffe does - you have your reptilians, he has the Jews.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #172
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

For the love of everything we hold dear, CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere have NOTHING to do with Al freaking Gore. Bill Mckibbon was one of the pioneers of climate science in the 1980s, and all of his forecasted predictions have come true, or worse. This isn't Al Gores brain child, or some crazy fares made up by the left

Really quick...

Does everyone understand the greenhouse effect?

The Carbon cycle?

Cellular respiration, and photosynthesis?

I'll give everyone some time to educate themselves, and then I will be back to show you how it all works together. Hopefully once you understand these three basic scientific principles, which my finances little sister is studying in Middle school, you will be prepared for a level of understanding that compels many in the scientific community to become alarmed in regard to an unfortunate milestones such as this.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:21 AM   #173
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
You won't accept responsibility for anything.
Dude I put in a drought tolerant front yard. I participate in the BEACH CLEANUP MEETUP GROUP here in my city. I use almost all LED lightbulbs and usually run my big appliances at night as I am a night owl.

I set my thermostat at 80 degrees as I don't need it 70 to be comfy in 100 degree or 90 degree heat. I don't drive much and I don't fly much. I have my grocery bags so that i don't waste plastic ones from the store which end up in the ocean.

I am an environmentalist actually. I just disagree any of that will cool the Earth. To do that we will have to geoengineer IMO. I've also contributed to my nephews plant a tree campaign he did with the boy scouts. I just don't sit around on the internet like you trying to act better then everyone else.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:09 AM   #174
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Please read, cut:

Geoengineering: Our Last Hope, or a False Promise?
Old 05-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #175
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
For the love of everything we hold dear, CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere have NOTHING to do with Al freaking Gore. Bill Mckibbon was one of the pioneers of climate science in the 1980s, and all of his forecasted predictions have come true, or worse. This isn't Al Gores brain child, or some crazy fares made up by the left

Really quick...

Does everyone understand the greenhouse effect?

The Carbon cycle?

Cellular respiration, and photosynthesis?

I'll give everyone some time to educate themselves, and then I will be back to show you how it all works together. Hopefully once you understand these three basic scientific principles, which my finances little sister is studying in Middle school, you will be prepared for a level of understanding that compels many in the scientific community to become alarmed in regard to an unfortunate milestones such as this.
Meh. McKibben reads like another one of the prototypical chicken littlers. 25 years ago he said the earth would 'burn up' in a few decades if his prescription weren't followed.

Meanwhile we're riding a decade-long flat spot in temperature that none of the experts or their models predicted.

The problem with all of them is theythink of the Earth in terms more applicable to a laboratory clean room. Monitor one input, predict one output. Problem is, there are much bigger players (internally and externally) in the atmospheric greenhouse effect, as well as many potential negative feedbacks that are far beyond man's ability to quantify or even basically understand.

Needless to say, and as I pointed to earlier

http://www.economist.com/news/scienc...-gas-emissions

Leading models falling outside their 5% confidence margin this early in the game leaves a rational person with no choice but to doubt their accuracy.