The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 06:10 PM   #101
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 11,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Stick your chemtrails up your arse, baja.

You just can't but **** on just about every thread with your paranoia and conspiracy crap.
You stupid moron.

In 1997 Edward Teller proposed injecting "sunlight scattering particles into the stratosphere" to mitigate climate change.
http://www.hoover.org/publications/h...t/article/6791

Teller coauthored a paper on the issue - and wrote an op-ed for the Wall Street Journal.

Here's the seminal paper that may have "inspired" the secret program:
http://dge.stanford.edu/labs/caldeir...31636_1997.pdf
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #102
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Geoengineering isn't the solution.
What's the solution? Do you believe we can realistically price carbon to maintain the current levels let alone reduce them? The 5.5 average carbon footprint for 7 billion people would have to be reduced to 4.3 for 9 billion people by 2050 just to maintain our high levels. We are already past the point of no return if that's the only solution. There may not be a realistic solution besides adapting to climate change or leaving the planet.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #103
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,374

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
What's the solution? Do you believe we can realistically price carbon to maintain the current levels let alone reduce them? The 5.5 average carbon footprint for 7 billion people would have to be reduced to 4.3 for 9 billion people by 2050 just to maintain our high levels. We are already past the point of no return if that's the only solution. There may not be a realistic solution besides adapting to climate change or leaving the planet.

There will be a mass reduction of population. Some entity with great power will decide it is better to sacrifice 80% of the world population in order to save the remaining 20%. Pandemic, world war, famine, infertility and ETC. are among the tools to be used.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #104
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Neato. More simulations.
The claim that the models are **** is just plain wrong.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #105
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
What's the solution? Do you believe we can realistically price carbon to maintain the current levels let alone reduce them?
I do. What is it about pricing carbon that spells doom for us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie
There may not be a realistic solution besides adapting to climate change or leaving the planet.
Wouldn't it be a b**** to rely only on adaptation and have it ending up more expensive that mitigation...

Leaving the planet? To where? How?

Pricing carbon is impossible to deal with, but we'll be saved by Captain Kirk and the NCC-1701. Got it.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #106
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
You stupid moron.
You know stupid and you're definitely a moron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney
In 1997 Edward Teller proposed injecting "sunlight scattering particles into the stratosphere" to mitigate climate change.
Teller wasn't the father of SRM via stratospheric aerosols, dick.

When you step in it, gaffe, you sink in to the point that the flow of fecal matter into your mouth exceeds the flow coming out.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #107
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
I do. What is it about pricing carbon that spells doom for us?
I didn't say it would spell doom. I said it's unrealistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Wouldn't it be a b**** to rely only on adaptation and have it ending up more expensive that mitigation...
We don't have the money, but I doubt it's more expensive than pricing carbon high enough to shut down entire industries though. The auto industry and the meat industry are a couple of them that need to go away if we're to reduce carbon as the world population grows.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #108
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,267
Default

Geoengineering is going to have to be part of th solution at some point.....If there is a solution. Best best probably is just to adapt better then other countries. If you adapt better USA always comes out on top.

Wiggs can't show any evidence however that any liberal policies will ever cool the earth or lower co2. We can't leave the Earth yet like one person says all we can do is identify areas of crop management, water control, etc where we can make advancements to combat the effects of climate change.

Charging Americans more tax in an effort to curb it is a joke. That will put too much burden on us.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #109
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 11,533
Default

These are not normal contrails. Obviously, there is a secret spraying program.

Idiots will deny it. So what else is new?

MHG
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chemtrails_fan.jpg (59.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg ChemtrailsFrontSmoke.jpg (43.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpeg images-1.jpeg (1.9 KB, 24 views)
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #110
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,374

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=jXPWco_0ivo

See the naked girls
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #111
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
These are not normal contrails. Obviously, there is a secret spraying program.
Not this **** again.

This is not a normal human being:



Obviously there is a secret genetic mutation program to result in such an incredibly vile and stupid person.

gaffe will deny it. So what else is new?

PS - When was America at its apex?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #112
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
I didn't say it would spell doom. I said it's unrealistic.
What's realistic about business-as-usual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie
We don't have the money, but I doubt it's more expensive than pricing carbon high enough to shut down entire industries though. The auto industry and the meat industry are a couple of them that need to go away if we're to reduce carbon as the world population grows.
Sigh. Cars need not require fossil fuels. Meat, we'll see.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:44 PM   #113
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Sigh. Cars need not require fossil fuels.


Until they start building in Mr. Fusions, I think that's the unfortunate reality for some time to come. Unicorn methane production has fallen well short of expectations.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #114
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post


Until they start building in Mr. Fusions, I think that's the unfortunate reality for some time to come. Unicorn methane production has fallen well short of expectations.
Electric cars have a real future.

Typical conservative - the past dictates the future. You guys are always looking backwards and are ridiculously nostalgic about an imaginary past.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #115
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Electric cars have a real future.

Typical conservative - the past dictates the future. You guys are always looking backwards and are ridiculously nostalgic about an imaginary past.
And you're going to get the requisite (massive) expansion of electrical supply from...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #116
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 11,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
And you're going to get the requisite (massive) expansion of electrical supply from...
Tesla was on the right track. Had he been allowed to complete his project on Long Island -- the hydrogen economy would have already come to pass.

Harness the electricity in lightning -- and electric power will become too cheap to meter.

Then hydrogen power becomes feasible.

MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #117
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Tesla was on the right track. Had he been allowed to complete his project on Long Island -- the hydrogen economy would have already come to pass.

Harness the electricity in lightning -- and electric power will become too cheap to meter.

Then hydrogen power becomes feasible.

MHG
No Gaff, I was talking about in THIS space-time continuum.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #118
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
And you're going to get the requisite (massive) expansion of electrical supply from...
Conservation. Solar. Wind. Geothermal for other energy needs.

Sticking with fossil fuels is a dead end. Literally.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #119
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Tesla was on the right track. Had he been allowed to complete his project on Long Island -- the hydrogen economy would have already come to pass.

Harness the electricity in lightning -- and electric power will become too cheap to meter.

Then hydrogen power becomes feasible.

MHG
More **** from the king of the ****heads.

PS - When was America at its apex?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #120
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Conservation. Solar. Wind. Geothermal for other energy needs.

Sticking with fossil fuels is a dead end. Literally.
That's a nice dream you got there. Here in the real, market-driven world though any meaningful increase in electrical generation is really going to come from natural gas or coal. At least for the foreseeable future.

And it would probably be better just to burn natural gas in vehicles than it would be to convert it to electricity, transmit it hundreds of miles to charge huge and inefficient battery banks to run tiny cars with limited range.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:35 PM   #121
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
That's a nice dream you got there. Here in the real, market-driven world though any meaningful increase in electrical generation is really going to come from natural gas or coal. At least for the foreseeable future.

And it would probably be better just to burn natural gas in vehicles than it would be to convert it to electricity, transmit it hundreds of miles to charge huge and inefficient battery banks to run tiny cars with limited range.
That's not 1/10th as ludicrous as shipping untold billions of our dollars overseas to hostile regimes that fund lunatics that fly our planes into our buildings killing thousands of us, and spending untold billions more on wars in those lands to protect their revenue at our expense, just so Mr. America can drive a 2+ ton behemoth that gets 14 mpg a mile or so to the grocery store to get a bag of potato chips.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #122
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,374

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
That's not 1/10th as ludicrous as shipping untold billions of our dollars overseas to hostile regimes that fund lunatics that fly our planes into our buildings killing thousands of us, and spending untold billions more on wars in those lands to protect their revenue at our expense, just so Mr. America can drive a 2+ ton behemoth that gets 14 mpg a mile or so to the grocery store to get a bag of potato chips.
I would think this would serve as a strong clue that our government does not act of it own accord but is forced into servitude to a shadowy power beyond the confines of the USA (be it global or beyond )Why is this not obvious to a clever person such as yourself?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:09 PM   #123
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I would think this would serve as a strong clue that our government does not act of it own accord but is forced into servitude to a shadowy power beyond the confines of the USA (be it global or beyond )Why is this not obvious to a clever person such as yourself?
Aliens from Galgamek?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #124
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,374

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Aliens from Galgamek?
Does it really matter who.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:20 PM   #125
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Does it really matter who.
Not if your Hilliary Clinton.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:59 AM.


Denver Broncos