The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #26
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Catarac Kush called and said hello. I'd say a tad better then the cheap mexican weed of the 80's.

No doubt...
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #27
W*GS
Ring of Famer

This is an important fact and you guys would rather talk about stoner bull****.

GTFU.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #28
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
This is an important fact and you guys would rather talk about stoner bull****.

GTFU.
good herb needs tons of CO2 to flourish so we are on topic.....
Old 05-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #29
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
That's not it - it's that you have less and less brain cells to get stoned thus the pot seems more potent.
It's actually less potent because it's growing faster at higher CO2 levels, but the bigger buds make up for it.
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:30 AM   #30
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
What is your carbon footprint?

Mine is 9.5 Tons of CO2 a year. Average in USA per person is 27. Average person in the world is 5.5.

Are you doing your part?
Your basement is super green bro.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:34 AM   #31
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
What is your carbon footprint?

Mine is 9.5 Tons of CO2 a year. Average in USA per person is 27. Average person in the world is 5.5.

Are you doing your part?
Mine was only 25. I am 2 tons under the avg without lifting a finger to even try. I always come out above avg without trying.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:00 AM   #32
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

14 for me
Old 05-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #33
houghtam
Ring of Famer

For some reason it won't work on a mobile, but I would hope I'm below the average. Difficult with two young children, but we do cloth diapers, breastfeed, grow about 2/3 of our own vegetables. Own one car, rarely eat out. I imagine living in the US alone probably starts you out at 10.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #34
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

The carbon footprint is such a guilt trip. I can't even get it below 12 no matter how environmentally friendly I answer the questions. It must be impossible for Americans to drop down to the world average regardless lifestyle.
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #35
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
The carbon footprint is such a guilt trip. I can't even get it below 12 no matter how environmentally friendly I answer the questions. It must be impossible for Americans to drop down to the world average regardless lifestyle.
That was kind of what I was getting at with my comment. I would imagine that 90%+ of the population in the US lives in areas where easy access to healthy food doesn't exist, so you have to factor in the environmental costs of traveling even a mile or two to get to the grocery store or whatever. Even if you try your hardest, unless you grow your own food, walk or bike everywhere, recycle, and basically subsist, you're automatically affecting the environment more just by where you live.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #36
El Minion
Ring of Famer

Got mine @ 13, home energy use is the bulk of my carbon footprint @ 11. If I lived in a larger community of +5 I could get down to 10, if I did no traveling then it gets down to 8.

To get it to <5, all I need to do additionally is don't drive, move to a single bedroom home, reduce hot water use, no meat, eat organic, and compost. Realistically though I can probably get down to 11 by doing the hot water, diet and composting.
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #37
Meck77

Al Gore's carbon foot print is more than all the posters on the thread. Talk about a ****ing hypocrite. He's now pushing $200,000,000 in personal net worth. Move over romney!
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #38
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Al Gore's carbon foot print is more than all the posters on the thread. Talk about a ****ing hypocrite. He's now pushing $200,000,000 in personal net worth. Move over romney!
Yep, no Al Gore, no AGW.

Whew.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #39
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
You gotta say you are from Mississippi and you make your shoes out of old car tires.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #40
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Yep, no Al Gore, no AGW.

Whew.
The point is all this BS about changing your ****ing light bulbs to save the planet yet the biggest "advocate" for global warming by percentage is the top percentile of energy whores on the planet.

He didn't give a rats ass about global warming or America for that matter. For crying out loud he cashed out to Al Jazeera!
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #41
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Scoring under 15 is pretty good. It is going to be harder to do if you own a home, have a family, etc. -- but individually (if you do the assessment) it really isn't hard to meet those goals. Unless you are like a co-worker of mine who fires up her Suburban to drive to work even though she lives 3 blocks from the office. Loooool.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #42
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Scoring under 15 is pretty good. It is going to be harder to do if you own a home, have a family, etc. -- but individually (if you do the assessment) it really isn't hard to meet those goals. Unless you are like a co-worker of mine who fires up her Suburban to drive to work even though she lives 3 blocks from the office. Loooool.
The sad thing is that you don't need to be a flaming liberal to do most of the stuff that makes a difference (no matter how small) because a lot of it is common sense.

Why wouldn't you want to grow your own food (if you have the room or ability)? It's certainly not less healthy than what you get at the store, and the case can easily be made that its better for you.

Why wouldn't you walk to work or take the stairs when you can?

If you have kids, why wouldn't you want to save about 75% on diapers by just using cloth?

Because it is easier. Although I'm sure you know many people, as do I, some here on this forum who actually go out of their way to do things that aren't environmentally friendly, just to piss off liberals. My brother drives a Hummer for that reason alone...then complains about gas prices and getting a blistering 6 wind-aided miles to the gallon.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #43
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Butthead!

You're only an out of touch silver spooner if you're a Republican!

Gawd, get with it.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #44
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
If you have kids, why wouldn't you want to save about 75% on diapers by just using cloth?
Maybe you've never dealt with cloth diapers?
Old 05-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #45
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
The sad thing is that you don't need to be a flaming liberal to do most of the stuff that makes a difference (no matter how small) because a lot of it is common sense.

Why wouldn't you want to grow your own food (if you have the room or ability)? It's certainly not less healthy than what you get at the store, and the case can easily be made that its better for you.

Why wouldn't you walk to work or take the stairs when you can?

Because it is easier. Although I'm sure you know many people, as do I, some here on this forum who actually go out of their way to do things that aren't environmentally friendly, just to piss off liberals. My brother drives a Hummer for that reason alone...then complains about gas prices and getting a blistering 6 wind-aided miles to the gallon.
Agreed. People will do what is easiest and most convenient for them. We want it quick (me first society) and we want it now!

People aren't willing to put in the time or effort it takes to do some of these things. When it comes to growing your own produce, most people don't have a clue. I was fortunate enough to come from a lineage of farmers and people who had to be self-sustaining in order to survive. Spending afternoons and weekends tilling gardens, planting seeds and learning about that sort of thing was common for me growing up. Nowadays, parents just flip there kid an iPad and pacify them with technology. Very few people are learning those skills today. I don't find it hard at all, it can be a challenge, but it's fun and relaxing. Nothing is more satisfying than being able to pick fresh things you grew and make a meal out of them.

And yeah, @ the Hummer thing. I can't believe people would even buy those vehicles.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #46
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Maybe you've never dealt with cloth diapers?
I have been. For three years. Nothing to be scared of, and you can make your own.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #47
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
I have been. For three years. Nothing to be scared of, and you can make your own.
You could be a real man and lick those bottoms clean like in the old days.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #48
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
You could be a real man and lick those bottoms clean like in the old days.
That's what hose is for.

Hose the kids and their diapers off, over the garden, tada! Fertilizer!

Kidding!
Old 05-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #49
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I'm going to try and push my carbon footprint to 30! This whole app is a joke though and you all know it right? It's just a way to get people to donate money to supposedly offset your footprint. You know like Al Gore did. Don't people realize global warming and carbon footprint is just a new industry trying to make money off you?

How many of you really think co2 will ever drop in your lifetime? It will take technology far beyond electric cars and solar energy. I doubt electric cars will even be that green once people realize the batterys don't last as long as they say they will. That means you need a new battery and they take a lot of co2 to produce.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #50
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I'm going to try and push my carbon footprint to 30! This whole app is a joke though and you all know it right? It's just a way to get people to donate money to supposedly offset your footprint. You know like Al Gore did. Don't people realize global warming and carbon footprint is just a new industry trying to make money off you?

How many of you really think co2 will ever drop in your lifetime? It will take technology far beyond electric cars and solar energy. I doubt electric cars will even be that green once people realize the batterys don't last as long as they say they will. That means you need a new battery and they take a lot of co2 to produce.
You sound like my brother. Even if it were a hoax, you still save money by doing small, common sense things that, oh look at that, ALSO happen to reduce CO2.

I wouldn't expect you, the "citizens will save the police" guy, to understand it. Enjoy filling up your tank 3 times a week for $150 a pop.