The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #51
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Benghazi is a cluster**** and needs to be aired out. But ignoring years of embassy attacks where even more Americans died is also a disgrace.

This investigative process should have began years ago. Yemen and Karachi embassies were attacked multiple times, yet there were no congressional investigations to determine if those attacks were preventable. All attacks by terrorists should be carefully examined and lessons learned without first coming up with a conspiracy theory and then frantically searching for facts to substantiate it. We give billions to the military, intelligence agencies, homeland security etc. Yet here we are, discussing only what happened after the attack, and not how it should never have happened. This shouldn't be about partisan politics, but until all incidents are similarity scrutinized, it feels that way.

Protecting ANY administration is unacceptable, and that's my point.
FYP, but pretty much spot on.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #52
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I don't think this case involves much conspiracy theorizing. I was one of several on this forum at the time saying it was obvious Islamic terrorism when the White House was going on about demonstrations over a cheesy video, even while we were seeing live footage of hundreds of people with Al Qaeda flags on the grounds of the US Embassy in Cairo. Then we find out that indeed that an Al Qaeda sympathizing (or member?) group claimed responsibility early on.

I think ultimately this is a coverup to hide epic incompetence.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #53
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Benghazi is a cluster**** and needs to be aired out. But ignoring years of embassy attacks where even more Americans died is also a disgrace.
How were they ignored and how do you know they were ignored? Was anyone told to stand down?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #54
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
I was one of several on this forum at the time saying...
Which screen name were you using at that time? Were you epicsocialism4tw or had you already had your supposed sex change and morphed into nyuk nyuk?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #55
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,732

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
How were they ignored and how do you know they were ignored? Was anyone told to stand down?
If they weren't ignored, why were there so many incidents? If our intelligence agencies are so incompetent, we should be looking much deeper. It's easy to investigate AFTER the incident, do you have any knowledge of SIMILAR investigations to PREVENT such incidents??

Dozens of Americans have been killed in Embassy attacks by terrorists over the years. How many Congressional investigations were held to determine what happened??
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:28 PM   #56
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Which screen name were you using at that time? Were you epicsocialism4tw or had you already had your supposed sex change and morphed into nyuk nyuk?
Wow, you sound like a 10 year old. Congrats - you've hit double digits. You get today's golf clap!

  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #57
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
If they weren't ignored, why were there so many incidents? If our intelligence agencies are so incompetent, we should be looking much deeper. It's easy to investigate AFTER the incident, do you have any knowledge of SIMILAR investigations to PREVENT such incidents??

Dozens of Americans have been killed in Embassy attacks by terrorists over the years. How many Congressional investigations were held to determine what happened??
You're asking me to prove your assertion for you. I think not.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #58
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Dozens of Americans have been killed in Embassy attacks by terrorists over the years. How many Congressional investigations were held to determine what happened??
This couldn't possibly have anything to do with damaging Hillary's potential 2016 candidacy, could it?!?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #59
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,732

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
You're asking me to prove your assertion for you. I think not.
Assertion? No, those were questions. Once again, you duck and deflect.

I'll simplify it for you.

"How many previous attacks on US Embassies were investigated by Congress??"
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #60
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Assertion? No, those were questions. Once again, you duck and deflect.

I'll simplify it for you.

"How many previous attacks on US Embassies were investigated by Congress??"
You assert they weren't investigated, so state your case. Answer your own questions. Don't drop blobs out of your backside because others won't do the work for you.

How is ME ducking and deflecting that I won't do your research for you?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #61
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
This couldn't possibly have anything to do with damaging Hillary's potential 2016 candidacy, could it?!?
I don't think the Republicans are responsible for making her act like a deflective jackass on the topic of Benghazi.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #62
B-Large
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
What we've been fed by Washington and their media lapdogs these past months (since the inauguration in specific) is a bunch of bread and circuses, though in this case minus the bread. It has allowed Washington to totally tank serious discussion of economic matters focusing instead on shifting between largely manufactured anti-gun hysteria, feel-good silliness about gay couples wanting to marry, and of course appeals to pity for illegal aliens who have come here to undercut American labor because the countless employers who prefer to exploit them get away with it scot-free.
They've taken action on the economy, the stimulus, QE, Fed buying Long Term Assets... all of them worked in some shape of form, but lets be honest, things that would really help the economy like tax reform are entitlememts reforms are not going to happen is this hyper-partisan environment....

People do care about Gun measures, the background check bill shoud have passed if it did not have amendment to it- but that what you get when politicans play game instead of putting out clean Bills.

Gay Right is only "silliness" if you are straight and have full rights as an American.

Immigration is an issue that needs to be dealt with, especialy if you expect the GOP to survive. GOP strongholds in many States will be begin to buckle as minorities and immigrants vote democrat, there is just no doubt R will have the egg on their face of an immigratiion fall out. What I find ironic about the GOP distaste for Mexican immigrant expecially, the are typically family oriented, anti-abortion Christians.... they should be locks for the GOP, but they continue to kick that voting block in the marbles... I don't get it, but then again that's why I don't generally vote for R's.

**and to add, Americans don't really care about Benghazi- they don't understand what happened, lost interest long ago, apparently only R'sd continue to carry that torch- I am not saying it is right, but Americans don't care anymore

Last edited by B-Large; 05-10-2013 at 12:48 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #63
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,732

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
You assert they weren't investigated, so state your case. Answer your own questions. Don't drop blobs out of your backside because others won't do the work for you.

How is ME ducking and deflecting that I won't do your research for you?


I just did.

Only Benghazi is being investigated by Congress. End of story.

If you have information to show that other Embassy attacks were investigated by Congress, post it.

Are you really this obtuse, or just being an argumentative Troll, as usual?
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #64
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

The only "dealing with" immigration is enforcing border law and stopping the environment of undercutting American wages with cheaper foreign labor. You, like all too many on the far left of the Democratic party, especially, conflate legal immigration with illegal aliens who not only displace American workers but also lower wages across the board. Is there some reason other than vote purchasing that you think these people should be legalized? As I said, American workers are being screwed by their presence, not counting the tax base and infrastructure being burdened.

I guess it all boils down to who you represent: Americans or illegal aliens? The Democratic Party, especially, seems to increasingly prefer illegals over Americans. They have all but totally abandoned the American working class.

Some people ("people" in a general sense as you used it is a gross exaggeration) care about gun measures and gay marriage, but not nearly to the level you think they do and not nearly to the level you see matching the nearly endless loud clamoring and white knighting in Washington. As I said, this issue is being presented NOW because it's a feel-good distraction from the bad economy which is far higher on the list of concerns for Americans. If they're taking on the economy, why don't they talk about it instead of whispering about the economy and screaming loudly about gay people and illegal aliens? Why no also discuss how enforcing immigration law would free up millions of jobs for unemployed Americans? Notice how that is conspicuously absent from the discussion? We can give illegal aliens food stamps but we can't enforce laws to encourage self-deportation? REALLY?

If you think marriage "rights" (never has been a right) is a mark of equality, then I can only hope you want incestuous marriages, child marriages, harems, and triad marriages, because after all, if you're going to insist that all comers marrying is a right, you'd better be consistent enough and apply it everywhere. Marriage has never been a universal right nor should it be, nor does it mean that everyone denied a state-recognized marriage certificate is "oppressed." That's utter garbage.

Democrats were intelligent enough to kill their own gun bills, yet Obama and others loudly got on TV and blamed it on an NRA conspiracy, citing like a mantra a single outdated poll of questionable reliability about the alleged 90% figure and telling the GOP "You should be ashamed!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #65
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post


I just did.

Only Benghazi is being investigated by Congress. End of story.

If you have information to show that other Embassy attacks were investigated by Congress, post it.

Are you really this obtuse, or just being an argumentative Troll, as usual?
Again, I asked for other attacks under similar circumstances which would warrant such an investigation, and you'd provided zilch.

I already asked if there were other attacks in which help was called for and support was told to stand down. You have nothing. Nada.

Go on ruffling your feathers and strutting in grandeur, Mr. Peacock, after all it's mating season, and with any luck you'll get a piece of ass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #66
B-Large
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
The only "dealing with" immigration is enforcing border law and stopping the environment of undercutting American wages with cheaper foreign labor. You, like all too many on the far left of the Democratic party, especially, conflate legal immigration with illegal aliens who not only displace American workers but also lower wages across the board. Is there some reason other than vote purchasing that you think these people should be legalized? As I said, American workers are being screwed by their presence, not counting the tax base and infrastructure being burdened.

I guess it all boils down to who you represent: Americans or illegal aliens? The Democratic Party, especially, seems to increasingly prefer illegals over Americans. They have all but totally abandoned the American working class.

Some people ("people" in a general sense as you used it is a gross exaggeration) care about gun measures and gay marriage, but not nearly to the level you think they do and not nearly to the level you see matching the nearly endless loud clamoring and white knighting in Washington. As I said, this issue is being presented NOW because it's a feel-good distraction from the bad economy which is far higher on the list of concerns for Americans. If they're taking on the economy, why don't they talk about it instead of whispering about the economy and screaming loudly about gay people and illegal aliens? Why no also discuss how enforcing immigration law would free up millions of jobs for unemployed Americans? Notice how that is conspicuously absent from the discussion? We can give illegal aliens food stamps but we can't enforce laws to encourage self-deportation? REALLY?

If you think marriage "rights" (never has been a right) is a mark of equality, then I can only hope you want incestuous marriages, child marriages, harems, and triad marriages, because after all, if you're going to insist that all comers marrying is a right, you'd better be consistent enough and apply it everywhere. Marriage has never been a universal right nor should it be, nor does it mean that everyone denied a state-recognized marriage certificate is "oppressed." That's utter garbage.

Democrats were intelligent enough to kill their own gun bills, yet Obama and others loudly got on TV and blamed it on an NRA conspiracy, citing like a mantra a single outdated poll of questionable reliability about the alleged 90% figure and telling the GOP "You should be ashamed!"
I just don't see where the bad economy is these days. Market over 15K, houses in Park Hill and Stapleton sells before they are listed... I don't know anybody that is unemployed unless they have chosen to be. Yes, unemployment is still relatively high historically, but lets be honest here, that has to so more with a economic cycle than is does with anything the Government is doing- maybe the economy is on the mend, and there is no doom and gloom anymore so politicans have abandoned it to issues they feel they can achieve something on?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #67
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,227
Default

Economy isn't bad for people with money and good jobs. I think the worry is that because the fed pumps so much money in that its just another bubble for rich people to get richer. They did bring housing back by bailing out all the banks and keeping interest rates low but that sort of hurts the lower/middle class also because now they can't get loans to by houses and the prices are still high and inflated. New job claims down only because people not elgible for unemployment anymore so its a mixed bag.

I'm saving about 2 grand a month though so I can't complain too much. I have noticed tips for the band are creeping up again and that usually means people have more money.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #68
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
I just don't see where the bad economy is these days. Market over 15K, houses in Park Hill and Stapleton sells before they are listed... I don't know anybody that is unemployed unless they have chosen to be. Yes, unemployment is still relatively high historically, but lets be honest here, that has to so more with a economic cycle than is does with anything the Government is doing- maybe the economy is on the mend, and there is no doom and gloom anymore so politicans have abandoned it to issues they feel they can achieve something on?
I take it you live in a fish bowl?

Start here

Source

  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #69
Rigs11
Ring of Famer
 
Rigs11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,588
Default

Gotta love the tired old immigration argument that yuk yuk uses.this country needs low wage workers.that is a fact.the problem with many Americans is that they feel they are too good for low wage paying jobs and so instead they complain that immigrants are stealing all their jobs or that they don't pay enough.for a member of the GOP,who is always claiming that people should take responsibility for themselves,you sure do whine a lot.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #70
Rigs11
Ring of Famer
 
Rigs11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
I take it you live in a fish bowl?

Start here

Source

How many jobs were we losing per month when your daddy Dubya left office?
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #71
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,353

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Benghazi is a cluster**** and needs to be aired out. But ignoring years of embassy attacks where even more Americans died is also a disgrace.

This investigative process should have began years ago. Yemen and Karachi embassies were attacked multiple times, yet there were no congressional investigations to determine if those attacks were preventable. All attacks by terrorists should be carefully examined and lessons learned. We give billions to the military, intelligence agencies, homeland security etc. Yet here we are, discussing only what happened after the attack, and not how it should never have happened. This shouldn't be about partisan politics, but until all incidents are similarity scrutinized, it feels that way.

Protecting ANY administration is unacceptable, and that's my point.
I agree with your point for the most point. However, if you research most of these attacks they were for the most part stopped outside of the target.

The problem is that this incident is completely different than the others. There are levels of ****edupedness. The many attacks prior to to 9-11, the denial of additional security, the non action during the attacks, the changing of the talking points and then the blaming a video, the ordering of State Department personnel not to talk to the investigators.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #72
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
Gotta love the tired old immigration argument that yuk yuk uses.this country needs low wage workers.that is a fact.the problem with many Americans is that they feel they are too good for low wage paying jobs and so instead they complain that immigrants are stealing all their jobs or that they don't pay enough.for a member of the GOP,who is always claiming that people should take responsibility for themselves,you sure do whine a lot.
Fact: We have low-wage workers. They're called blue-collar Americans. Greedy pigs would rather subvert federal law and hire people who are vulnerable and less likely to fight back against exploitation so they prefer illegal aliens. It's not that hard to figure out. I saw it more than once years ago when I worked unskilled labor myself. The "need" crap is propaganda either from corporate fat cats or illegal alien lobbying groups (probably funded by Mexico City). It's also no secret that the presence of these laborers lower the wages of unskilled labor in general. Supply and demand. Oversupply of cheap labor lowers wages, period.

I don't belong to the GOP btw, I'm not registered with any party.

From the Clinton Administration's Jordan Commission --


Last edited by nyuk nyuk; 05-10-2013 at 03:45 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #73
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
How many jobs were we losing per month when your daddy Dubya left office?
You tell us since you're making the assertion.

It's been over 4 years. It's time to stop playing the Bush card, don't you think?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #74
Rigs11
Ring of Famer
 
Rigs11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
I agree with your point for the most point. However, if you research most of these attacks they were for the most part stopped outside of the target.

The problem is that this incident is completely different than the others. There are levels of ****edupedness. The many attacks prior to to 9-11, the denial of additional security, the non action during the attacks, the changing of the talking points and then the blaming a video, the ordering of State Department personnel not to talk to the investigators.
oops..

The Benghazi "Whistleblower" Cover-Up That Wasn't
Leading up to yesterday's House Oversight Committee hearing on Benghazi, the conservative media worked diligently to drive home the idea that the "whistleblowers" who testified had been silenced and were unable to make their voices heard to Congress or other investigative authorities. Much of that narrative was driven by Republican attorney Victoria Toensing, who portrayed her own struggles with bureaucratic red tape as evidence of an administration cover-up. Fox News' Special Report cited Toensing on April 29 in reporting on allegations that "the Obama administration is trying to intimidate potential whistleblowers into silence."

But the testimony of Gregory Hicks, one of the three witnesses at yesterday's hearing, put lie to the notion that the administration was suppressing his voice and opinion. Hicks, we learned, had already spoken with Congressional investigators in Libya. And he had been interviewed -- twice -- as part of the State Department's independent internal investigation. That, combined with the fact that other Benghazi survivors and witnesses have spoken to the FBI, the State Department, and Congress, dismantles the idea that the administration worked to keep Hicks or his cohorts from being heard.

Hicks caused a brief stir yesterday when he testified to Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) that he had been told by the State Department "not to allow the [regional security officer], the acting deputy chief of mission, and myself to be personally interviewed" by Rep. Jason Chaffetz when the Utah Republican led a Congressional delegation to Libya to investigate the Benghazi attacks. Some conservatives misinterpreted Hicks' testimony to mean that Hicks had been ordered not to speak to Chaffetz, period. Hicks, however, later clarified his remarks when questioned by Rep. Jackie Speier (D-NY), explaining that he had been told not to speak to Chaffetz without a State Department attorney present.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/05...t-wasnt/193984
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #75
Rigs11
Ring of Famer
 
Rigs11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
You tell us since you're making the assertion.

It's been over 4 years. It's time to stop playing the Bush card, don't you think?
700,000 on average were being lost. How many are we adding now on average a month? Do the math
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:43 PM.


Denver Broncos