The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #26
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
How about honesty and accountability?

This junk graphic is a total non sequitur. Can you show us where these attacks were under similar circumstances and the GOP sat on their hands? If not, you have no argument.
Far worse, but keep spinning.

January 22, 2002. Calcutta, India. Gunmen associated with Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami attack the U.S. Consulate. Five people are killed.

June 14, 2002. Karachi, Pakistan. Suicide bomber connected with al-Qaida attacks the U.S. Consulate, killing 12 and injuring 51.

October 12, 2002. Denpasar, Indonesia.
U.S. diplomatic offices bombed as part of a string of “Bali Bombings.” No fatalities.

February 28, 2003. Islamabad, Pakistan.
Several gunmen fire upon the U.S. Embassy. Two people are killed.

May 12, 2003. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Armed al-Qaida terrorists storm the diplomatic compound killing 36 people including nine Americans. The assailants committed suicide by detonating a truck bomb.

July 30, 2004. Tashkent, Uzbekistan. A suicide bomber from the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan attacks the U.S. Embassy, killing two people.

December 6, 2004. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Al-Qaida terrorists storm the U.S. Consulate and occupy the perimeter wall. Nine people are killed.

March 2, 2006. Karachi, Pakistan again.
Suicide bomber attacks the U.S. Consulate killing four people, including U.S. diplomat David Foy who was directly targeted by the attackers. (I wonder if Lindsey Graham or Fox News would even recognize the name “David Foy.” This is the third Karachi terrorist attack in four years on what’s considered American soil.)

September 12, 2006. Damascus, Syria
. Four armed gunmen shouting “Allahu akbar” storm the U.S. Embassy using grenades, automatic weapons, a car bomb and a truck bomb. Four people are killed, 13 are wounded.

July 9, 2008. Istanbul, Turkey. Four armed terrorists attack the U.S. Consulate. Six people are killed.

September 17, 2008. Sana’a, Yemen. Terrorists dressed as military officials attack the U.S. Embassy with an arsenal of weapons including RPGs and detonate two car bombs. Sixteen people are killed, including an American student and her husband (they had been married for three weeks when the attack occurred). This is the second attack on this embassy in seven months.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #27
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post

January 22, 2002. Calcutta, India. Gunmen associated with Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami attack the U.S. Consulate. Five people are killed.

June 14, 2002. Karachi, Pakistan. Suicide bomber connected with al-Qaida attacks the U.S. Consulate, killing 12 and injuring 51.

October 12, 2002. Denpasar, Indonesia.
U.S. diplomatic offices bombed as part of a string of “Bali Bombings.” No fatalities.

February 28, 2003. Islamabad, Pakistan.
Several gunmen fire upon the U.S. Embassy. Two people are killed.

May 12, 2003. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Armed al-Qaida terrorists storm the diplomatic compound killing 36 people including nine Americans. The assailants committed suicide by detonating a truck bomb.

July 30, 2004. Tashkent, Uzbekistan. A suicide bomber from the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan attacks the U.S. Embassy, killing two people.

December 6, 2004. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Al-Qaida terrorists storm the U.S. Consulate and occupy the perimeter wall. Nine people are killed.

March 2, 2006. Karachi, Pakistan again.
Suicide bomber attacks the U.S. Consulate killing four people, including U.S. diplomat David Foy who was directly targeted by the attackers. (I wonder if Lindsey Graham or Fox News would even recognize the name “David Foy.” This is the third Karachi terrorist attack in four years on what’s considered American soil.)

September 12, 2006. Damascus, Syria
. Four armed gunmen shouting “Allahu akbar” storm the U.S. Embassy using grenades, automatic weapons, a car bomb and a truck bomb. Four people are killed, 13 are wounded.

July 9, 2008. Istanbul, Turkey. Four armed terrorists attack the U.S. Consulate. Six people are killed.

September 17, 2008. Sana’a, Yemen. Terrorists dressed as military officials attack the U.S. Embassy with an arsenal of weapons including RPGs and detonate two car bombs. Sixteen people are killed, including an American student and her husband (they had been married for three weeks when the attack occurred). This is the second attack on this embassy in seven months.
Nope, none of those were on September 11th. You can be forgiven for attacks on Americans on any other day except September 11th.

Oh, and September 11th, 2001.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #28
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Nope, none of those were on September 11th. You can be forgiven for attacks on Americans on any other day except September 11th.

Oh, and September 11th, 2001.
What was I thinking.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #29
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Go read Darrell Issa's Wiki write-up. He's a bigger criminal than Delay was. Goddamn convicted car thief and professional liar. Worthless piece of crap shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the Congress. Only the Republicans could stand up for that pos. The media loves to go after Hillary, but I never hear them bring up Issa's past. Why is that?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #30
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
I didn't ask for attacks; I asked for attacks under similar questionable/scandalous circumstances. Two different things and you clearly cannot provide the latter.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #31
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Go read Darrell Issa's Wiki write-up. He's a bigger criminal than Delay was. Goddamn convicted car thief and professional liar. Worthless piece of crap shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the Congress. Only the Republicans could stand up for that pos. The media loves to go after Hillary, but I never hear them bring up Issa's past. Why is that?
Uhm, two words: Marion Barry. His dirt was done IN office, not some crap from way before. Further, you can differentiate between convictions and dropped charges I hope? Looks like you can't.

Double standards much?
Old 05-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #32
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
I didn't ask for attacks; I asked for attacks under similar questionable/scandalous circumstances. Two different things and you clearly cannot provide the latter.
Another typical deflect and avoid response.

You're not here to debate, you're nothing more than an argumentative Troll.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #33
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Kind of like how the suicide rate of soldiers was huge news under Bush but hush-hush under Obama - especially since rates are higher?

You mean like that?
I heard that on the news just the other day. Extremely sad.

My biggest gripe when Obama was running for office the first time were the right evangelist pushing gay marriage, abortion, and yes, gun control to the forefront and making those the biggest platforms. Sandy Hook made gun control the big issue it has become and the polls indicate most Americans are for background checks. We should implement it and move on. And that they are for some kind of immigration law that helps the "good" immigrants get citizenship while paying for it, just like Bush did with amnesty in 2001. Then let's move on.

Last edited by gunns; 05-09-2013 at 05:40 PM..
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:17 AM   #34
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
You create jobs by reducing govt regulation, reducing tax on corps and small businesses. You don't create them by going to texas and giving a speach about how you want to create more jobs. What a joke.
Speaking of jokes, you idiot, corporate profits are strong and the stock market is soaring. The lack of jobs has very little to do with the things you mentioned in your I-like-to-pretend-I-know-what-I'm-talking-about post.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:07 AM   #35
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Deregulation created about 15 or so new jobs last month in West, Texas.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:09 AM   #36
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Speaking of jokes, you idiot, corporate profits are strong and the stock market is soaring. The lack of jobs has very little to do with the things you mentioned in your I-like-to-pretend-I-know-what-I'm-talking-about post.
It's amazing how much of the current right wing mantra of 'don't tax the job creators' has morphed from fantasy into fact. No matter how obvious the bs, they keep on repeating it, until they actually believe it. Anyone who has taken the risks of starting a business understands who creates the jobs, and it's not the wealthy investor class. It's the entrepreneur and consumer demand.

Here's The Real Problem With Mitt Romney's Economic Plan: 'Rich People' Don't Create The Jobs

Quote:
Specifically, Romney's policies are designed to give more money to wealthy Americans and companies, on the theory that they will then use this cash to invest in other companies and create jobs.

This treatment plan ignores two important things:

The wealthiest Americans and corporations already have plenty of cash to invest. The reason they are not investing it aggressively is not that they don't have it--it's that the investments won't produce a compelling return (because the customers of the companies they would be investing in, average Americans, are strapped).
Contrary to common wisdom, rich people do not create the jobs in this country. Rich people (investors) help create jobs, but no sustainable job is created without the help of a healthy economic ecosystem--one that depends heavily on the financial health of hundreds of millions of American consumers.

The argument that "rich people create the jobs" is repeated so often that many people regard it as fact.
http://www.businessinsider.com/mitt-...an-jobs-2012-8
Old 05-10-2013, 07:19 AM   #37
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
It's amazing how much of the current right wing mantra of 'don't tax the job creators' has morphed from fantasy into fact. No matter how obvious the bs, they keep on repeating it, until they actually believe it. Anyone who has taken the risks of starting a business understands who creates the jobs, and it's not the wealthy investor class. It's the entrepreneur and consumer demand.

Here's The Real Problem With Mitt Romney's Economic Plan: 'Rich People' Don't Create The Jobs

http://www.businessinsider.com/mitt-...an-jobs-2012-8
"There is nothing so absurd that it cannot be believed as truth if you repeat it often enough."

- William James
Old 05-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #38
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
it's politics. what is the GOP trying to accomplish here?

January 22 , 2002: Gunmen attack a U.S. government information center in Calcutta, India, near the U.S. Consulate. NO AMERICANS KILLED.

June 13, 2002: The US consulate in Karachi is a prime target for terrorists; in June 2002 a dozen people were killed when a car bomb exploded outside it. NO AMERICANS WERE KILLED.

September 17, 2008: Heavily armed fighters attack the U.S. Embassy in Yemen. A car bomb is detonated. At least 16 people die, including six attackers. No Americans are reportedly killed.

July 9, 2008: The U.S. Consulate in Istanbul, Turkey, is attacked in what the American ambassador to the country calls "an obvious act of terrorism" aimed at the U.S. NO AMERICANS KILLED.

September 12, 2006: Syrian authorities kill three attackers and apprehend a suspect outside the U.S. Embassy after a car explodes near the walls of the Damascus building. Three of the four KILLED were attackers. NO AMERICANS KILLED.

December 7, 2004: An attack on the U.S. Consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, kills nine people. The U.S. Embassy said no Americans were killed or seriously injured.

Congratulations king of false equivalencies. What's sad is most Obama nut huggers want to dismiss the facts in Benghazi for political reasons. The fact that people want to know why they were denied extra security and then left to die when they came under attack is undeniable. I don't know who's worse, those in the government who are covering it up or those citizens who help them cover it up. Quite frankly, you disgust me.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #39
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
January 22 , 2002: Gunmen attack a U.S. government information center in Calcutta, India, near the U.S. Consulate. NO AMERICANS KILLED.

June 13, 2002: The US consulate in Karachi is a prime target for terrorists; in June 2002 a dozen people were killed when a car bomb exploded outside it. NO AMERICANS WERE KILLED.

September 17, 2008: Heavily armed fighters attack the U.S. Embassy in Yemen. A car bomb is detonated. At least 16 people die, including six attackers. No Americans are reportedly killed.

July 9, 2008: The U.S. Consulate in Istanbul, Turkey, is attacked in what the American ambassador to the country calls "an obvious act of terrorism" aimed at the U.S. NO AMERICANS KILLED.

September 12, 2006: Syrian authorities kill three attackers and apprehend a suspect outside the U.S. Embassy after a car explodes near the walls of the Damascus building. Three of the four KILLED were attackers. NO AMERICANS KILLED.

December 7, 2004: An attack on the U.S. Consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, kills nine people. The U.S. Embassy said no Americans were killed or seriously injured.

Congratulations king of false equivalencies. What's sad is most Obama nut huggers want to dismiss the facts in Benghazi for political reasons. The fact that people want to know why they were denied extra security and then left to die when they came under attack is undeniable. I don't know who's worse, those in the government who are covering it up or those citizens who help them cover it up. Quite frankly, you disgust me.

The terrorists are attacking US soil and in some instances, we were fortunate enough that "no Americans were killed." In other attacks, many "Americans WERE killed."

But only Benghazi matters.

How about putting your partisan devotion aside and looking at the whole picture?
Old 05-10-2013, 10:23 AM   #40
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Oh now I get it, it only matters if americans are killed, then I wont bring up 911.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #41
BroncoBeavis

Quote:

It's sad when they'll twist things this far for the team, isn't it. What wouldn't they do?

There's so many levels to this thing, I'm not sure which is the most disgusting.

The outright lies about issues of national security to the American people and press.

The government-sponsored random harassment, public shaming, scapegoating, and finally arrest of a civilian engaged in an act of (maybe distasteful) speech.

Officials at the highest level of government instructing Victims' families to aim their anger at that same civilian who they absolutely knew had nothing to do with the reason those families' sons were killed.

The constant suppression of any effort to bring these facts out, followed by the "this is old news" reaction once the evidence trickles out from behind the"transparency" firewall.

If this was a Bush scandal, every one of these clowns would be screaming Impeachment.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #42
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
The terrorists are attacking US soil and in some instances, we were fortunate enough that "no Americans were killed." In other attacks, many "Americans WERE killed."

But only Benghazi matters.

How about putting your partisan devotion aside and looking at the whole picture?
What part of "we left people there to die" do you not comprehend? This was unlike any other attack overseas. We left them under manned and then did absolutely nothing when they reported that they were under attack. And then to add insult to injury attempted to cover it up by blaming an anti Islamic video. And continued the insult by ordering State Dept officials not to talk to investigators.
So tell me, wanting answers/justice for these murdered Americans is being partisan but acting like it's not a big deal to protect the administration isn't?
Old 05-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #43
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
Oh now I get it, it only matters if americans are killed, then I wont bring up 911.
It's sad when they'll twist things this far for the team, isn't it. What wouldn't they do?

There's so many levels to this thing, I'm not sure which is the most disgusting.

The outright lies about weapons of mass destruction to the American people and press.

The government-sponsored random harassment, public killing, scapegoating, and invasion of a sovereign state on trumped up charges.

Officials at the highest level of government skewing intelligence to misrepresent facts.

The constant suppression and even making light of any effort to bring to justice the people responsible for perpetrating the biggest lie in the 21st century.

If this had been a Clinton scandal, every one of these clowns would have been screaming Impeachment.

Oh wait, they did.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #44
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
What part of "we left people there to die" do you not comprehend? This was unlike any other attack overseas. We left them under manned and then did absolutely nothing when they reported that they were under attack. And then to add insult to injury attempted to cover it up by blaming an anti Islamic video. And continued the insult by ordering State Dept officials not to talk to investigators.
So tell me, wanting answers/justice for these murdered Americans is being partisan but acting like it's not a big deal to protect the administration isn't?
Did you watch any of the actual hearing the other day?

There were three different people (Hicks, Chaffetz, Pickering) who all said that even if the order to move had been given, they wouldn't have arrived in time.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #45
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:

There were three different people (Hicks, Chaffetz, Pickering) who all said that even if the order to move had been given, they wouldn't have arrived in time.
Hindsight is 20/20. There was no way for them to know this at the time. They did have enough time to save the former Seals.
We did nothing and then tried to cover so many of the facts up...
Old 05-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #46
nyuk nyuk

Quote:

So it's okay to let them rot?
Old 05-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #47
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Another typical deflect and avoid response.

You're not here to debate, you're nothing more than an argumentative Troll.
Don't blame me because your sources suck. Stick to the damned topic, Red Coat.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #48
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Hindsight is 20/20. There was no way for them to know this at the time. They did have enough time to save the former Seals.
We did nothing and then tried to cover so many of the facts up...
Democrats have the ability to brush this under the carpet and that's what they'll do.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #49
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Life comes second to political service. At least when it's political service to the right team.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #50
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Benghazi is a cluster**** and needs to be aired out. But ignoring years of embassy attacks where even more Americans died is also a disgrace.

This investigative process should have began years ago. Yemen and Karachi embassies were attacked multiple times, yet there were no congressional investigations to determine if those attacks were preventable. All attacks by terrorists should be carefully examined and lessons learned. We give billions to the military, intelligence agencies, homeland security etc. Yet here we are, discussing only what happened after the attack, and not how it should never have happened. This shouldn't be about partisan politics, but until all incidents are similarity scrutinized, it feels that way.

Protecting ANY administration is unacceptable, and that's my point.