The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #51
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Probably the best episode of the season. I'm even more excited for next weeks episode. This was the biggest WTF moment in the books when I read them.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #52
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Spoilers for Episode 9:

Well, kind of sort of who I saw being on the chopping block the last couple seasons. Robb made a few really dumb decisions (starting with reneging on the wedding vow last year), and people who do that don't live long. And Catelyn to an extent too.

But, Jesus, was that 5x more brutal than I expected. Fittingly, first episode I think ever to not show the King's Landing crew, though obviously they were there in spirit. Ugh. Not sure how I go to sleep after that one. ****ing Starks; at least Arya and Bran seem to have some wherewithal and survival instincts.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:08 AM   #53
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

My heart is extremely broken. Watching that episode is like watching the Broncos lose.

I still have a loss for words on what I just witnessed.

Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:01 AM   #54
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
Spoilers for Episode 9:

But, Jesus, was that 5x more brutal than I expected...
Stay tuned.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #55
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Yeah. Definitely re-hooked. What an epic story.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #56
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
Yeah. Definitely re-hooked. What an epic story.
Yet another thing I can take credit for. /bows

Glad you still like the show. You and your brother should read through the books. They're fantastic.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #57
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
My heart is extremely broken. Watching that episode is like watching the Broncos lose.

That's being a little over dramatic don't you think? It's a great show and no doubt that was a very epic moment in the series so far. But to say your have a loss of words or that it compares to the Broncos losing is, as I said, a bit over dramatic.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #58
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
That's being a little over dramatic don't you think? It's a great show and no doubt that was a very epic moment in the series so far. But to say your have a loss of words or that it compares to the Broncos losing is, as I said, a bit over dramatic.
From the GoT or Broncos perspective?

It's all subjective, bud.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #59
Prodigal19
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
I dunno, I too was pretty depressed for the rest of the night after seeing that. Broncos losses usually last a full day or two, so maybe not quite to that extent.
Prodigal19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #60
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Lol, why, pray tell, is it over dramatic? I'd argue anyone really caring about sports is being over dramatic.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #61
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post

Twilight fan.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #62
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Lol, why, pray tell, is it over dramatic? I'd argue anyone really caring about sports is being over dramatic.
Well if you get that into TV shows then that's your business. This is a Broncos fourm, you know, sports. Are you saying everybody here is over dramatic because they care deeply that the Broncos win and when they don't and they get upset over a loss, that we're too invested? For real?

You're trying to compare a fictional character on a fantasy TV show to a real life flesh and blood team, and fans that cheer for and invest years and years, and money into this. Of course we're super invested emotionally. Look at the time commitment vs the few minutes of air time Rob Stark gets. It's not even like he was some main character on a TV series that you saw for years and years and then suddenly he was gone. Rob Stark had hardly any TV time the 1st year. The following years he maybe gets 15 minutes a week. How in the hell can you be emotionally tied to that? Yeah, it was a shock for a moment, but I thought it was actually kinda cool him and his mom died. Gave the series some umph if you ask me.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:31 PM   #63
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Well if you get that into TV shows then that's your business. This is a Broncos fourm, you know, sports. Are you saying everybody here is over dramatic because they care deeply that the Broncos win and when they don't and they get upset over a loss, that we're too invested? For real?

You're trying to compare a fictional character on a fantasy TV show to a real life flesh and blood team, and fans that cheer for and invest years and years, and money into this. Of course we're super invested emotionally. Look at the time commitment vs the few minutes of air time Rob Stark gets. It's not even like he was some main character on a TV series that you saw for years and years and then suddenly he was gone. Rob Stark had hardly any TV time the 1st year. The following years he maybe gets 15 minutes a week. How in the hell can you be emotionally tied to that? Yeah, it was a shock for a moment, but I thought it was actually kinda cool him and his mom died. Gave the series some umph if you ask me.
Thank you!!!! I really didn't care to much about the Rob Starks n his mom personally.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:58 PM   #64
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

So is the lord of light going to bring anyone back. I kept thinking Ayra would grab Rob or her Mom and take him/her to the Brotherhood Without Banners and see if the priest would bring them back.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:55 AM   #65
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
So is the lord of light going to bring anyone back. I kept thinking Ayra would grab Rob or her Mom and take him/her to the Brotherhood Without Banners and see if the priest would bring them back.
Well if you asked that on the other thread you might get an answer. On this thread we don't care to know. I'm just happy they offed a few important people. Now they can focus a little more on the rest. It's always great shock value when the likable characters die. You can't always just kill the bad guys right away. Gets too predictable. I was actually quite impressed and happy they did that.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:55 AM   #66
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I haven't read the books but speculating on what might happen is what makes a show fun. She was interested in if they could bring her dad back so it is reasonable to assume she might try it. I didn't like the mom though I won't miss her too much. I think I will miss the wolf most of all.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:41 AM   #67
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

It's a matter of perspective. I'm sure there are millions of people who find people with emotional ties to sporting teams to be irrational. That doesn't mean they are right (or wrong).
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #68
Kid A
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I don't get the sense that the Lord of Light resurrection thing is going to be used much. It was really just that one guy who had the ability, and it doesn't seem like a series where they want dead characters coming back all the time. They want it to mean something with finality when someone gets killed. But more and more fantasy elements are coming in, so who knows.

From what I've heard, Catelyn wasn't a very likable character in the books. I have to say, though, I was sadder for her than Robb. The actress who plays her always did a great job with little air time, and unlike Robb (who was basically asking to get killed by starting a war against the Lannisters, beheading the leader of one ally, breaking a marriage vow against another crucial ally), she was only ever concerned with finding and protecting her scattered children. Horrifying way for her worst nightmares to come true.

Interested to see what backlash the Frey's face. On one hand, the Starks and their army are almost certainly decimated and pose little threat, and they have the backing of the Lannisters. On the other, there are still people in left in the north who will be pissed. Plus Littlefinger has gained some power and seemed to care for Catelyn. The Frey's were a useful pawn for Tywin, but they may have set themselves up for future conflict.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #69
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

What did you nonbook folks make of Bran's trick with Hodor?
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #70
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Very cool. He's already had warg-like dreams before but we've never seen him do it while conscious before. Warging into a human nonetheless is a large task. Kinda gives us a good glance into his power.

The only thing that was slightly confusing about that scene is the dead horse, as I thought he had something to do with that at first, not just the wildlings. Either way, good to see Bran's arc moving forward finally.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #71
Kid A
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
A lot of potential / powerful uses for that skill. Not sure where their 3-eyed raven hunt is headed, but after a seasons of tromping through the woods and having dreams, hopefully this power will thrust him back into the action with the other plotlines.

Someone somewhere else mentioned something interesting: despite how unconventionally shocking they were, the deaths of Ned then Robb and Catelyn really still set up a traditional child hero storyline. Parents get killed, orphaned children discover powers and abilities to survive and seek vengeance on their own. It's Batman, Harry Potter, etc. Question is how long Bran and Arya are kept on the sidelines before they are back in the fray. Or if they really are ultimately protagonists in RR Martin's plot.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #72
lolcopter

Arya's entire character development revolves around her family being snuffed out completely in front of her. Poor girl
Old 06-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #73
Lycan
Omelette Dreamer

I just hope Bran survives somehow. They already took the most of the kid's family and his legs (effectively), I'd like to see him play a bigger role in the future. They seem to be laying the groundwork for that with his mind control powers.

But, seeing how the story is going so far, I'm sure he'll be killed in the most brutal way imaginable sooner or later.

BTW, "Hodor, stop hodoring!" is my favorite line of the series so far.
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #74
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
I just hope Bran survives somehow. They already took the most of the kid's family and his legs (effectively), I'd like to see him play a bigger role in the future. They seem to be laying the groundwork for that with his mind control powers.

But, seeing how the story is going so far, I'm sure he'll be killed in the most brutal way imaginable sooner or later.

BTW, "Hodor, stop hodoring!" is my favorite line of the series so far.

I was ing so hard in the book when hodor was freaking out from the thunder. One of my all time fav parts.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #75
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Kinda reminds me of the guy who can enter the birds...

BTW this book just body slammed wheel of time can't believe I wasted 20+ years on that dud
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote