The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 08:59 AM   #151
Shananahan
Custom User Title
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,201
Default

I do not and cannot understand why you would take a guy who can do the things Von Miller can do at linebacker and put him down in a set position on the defensive line.

I can only assume that BMORE has some college linebacker he's in love with to replace what we'd lose there.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:57 AM   #152
BMORE
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,774

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
I do not and cannot understand why you would take a guy who can do the things Von Miller can do at linebacker and put him down in a set position on the defensive line.

I can only assume that BMORE has some college linebacker he's in love with to replace what we'd lose there.
There is a linebacker prospect who I think would be incredible in our scheme. He would play the strong side, can blitz and rush the passer pretty well, not Von well, but still resoectable getting after the QB, he is exceptional at dropping in coverage. He is a moveable chest piece like Von.

Von with the added weight looked like he lost some of those quick twitch fibers, yet he still is very quality against the run, and we know what he can do getting after the QB. I would like him to do that full time.

It probably won't happen, but it's not this crazy idea. If you can bring in a dynamic piece that can do similar things to Von, you do it, because you can't have enough cover guys or pass rushers!
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:36 AM   #153
Sly_Eli
Pro Bowler
 
Sly_Eli's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 659

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lerentee McCray
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
There is a linebacker prospect who I think would be incredible in our scheme. He would play the strong side, can blitz and rush the passer pretty well, not Von well, but still resoectable getting after the QB, he is exceptional at dropping in coverage. He is a moveable chest piece like Von.

Von with the added weight looked like he lost some of those quick twitch fibers, yet he still is very quality against the run, and we know what he can do getting after the QB. I would like him to do that full time.

It probably won't happen, but it's not this crazy idea. If you can bring in a dynamic piece that can do similar things to Von, you do it, because you can't have enough cover guys or pass rushers!
Nevermind that van noy likely won't fall to the broncos' pick.
Sly_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:43 AM   #154
BMORE
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,774

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly_Eli View Post
Nevermind that van noy likely won't fall to the broncos' pick.
No chance huh?
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:33 AM   #155
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,303

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
I think it's funny that when someone has an opinion differing from yours, you turn into some kind of an Internet tough guy.

Sorry Rev, your opinion isn't always the gospel.

Since you have a crush on Price..Maybe the two of you can go on a date together.
My bad, you're right... it's an awesome idea to switch his position for ****s and giggles.

Better yet, let's have him drop weight and play SS!

Also, did you get price's permission to speak to me like that?

...Since he owns you?
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:43 AM   #156
BMORE
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,774

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
My bad, you're right... it's an awesome idea to switch his position for ****s and giggles.

Better yet, let's have him drop weight and play SS!

Also, did you get price's permission to speak to me like that?

...Since he owns you?
Von wouldn't play DE for ****s and giggles. He COULD potentially play there to accentuate his strengths. There would obviously be a good plan in place if you move Von from OLB, where he has played well so far, better earlier on, but very well none the less.

You two must have finished up your date sharing pillow talk, ironically about how we have only ever one gapped.

The sermon isn't very powerful today Rev.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:03 PM   #157
Sly_Eli
Pro Bowler
 
Sly_Eli's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 659

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lerentee McCray
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
No chance huh?
No way. He'll go in the teens
Sly_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:18 PM   #158
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,653

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Von could switch to DE and play 50th us snaps a game. Why though because he plays good where he is. He needs to lose his beer belly and get back to where he was in 2012.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:31 AM   #159
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,074
Default

Von Miller's return still a weighty matter

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...weighty-matter

Quote:
As Ware prepares to enter his 10th season he was asked if he had taken the time to break down some of the great pass-rushers, including Hall of Famers, or sought them out for tips on maintaining a high performance level at this stage of his career.

"Actually, I have," Ware said as the Broncos opened their offseason program at the team's Dove Valley complex. "Actually, they got a little bit more consistent in what they were doing. I actually talked to Michael Strahan and he tells me, 'You know what? You've got to make sure you're lean. Make sure you're able to run, because your body now is a totally different deal once you hit the 30s. So you've got to make sure you're able to stay out there on the field and you have the endurance.' That's what I'm trying to do now."
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:36 AM   #160
crowebomber
Ring of Famer
 
crowebomber's Avatar
 
Old School Sucka Fool

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: P-Town
Posts: 1,606

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Frank Tripucka
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Von Miller's return still a weighty matter

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...weighty-matter
The article doesn't have any info on his current weight just that he was heavy last season. Actually, it only implies that he looks leaner now.
crowebomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:48 AM   #161
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,513

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Not to mention the premise is Ware knowing he's older and asking vets how they continued to have success later in their careers.

Von is still a kid. That isn't me saying he should play heavy mind you, but it's just a dumb connection.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:53 AM   #162
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,320

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Elway looks like he's put on a good 50-60 lbs since retirement. I'm surprised there was no mention of that in the article.
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:52 AM   #163
BobGnarly
Rookie
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 72

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowebomber View Post
The article doesn't have any info on his current weight just that he was heavy last season. Actually, it only implies that he looks leaner now.
According to a few Twitter accounts he's lost 15/20 lbs this offseason
BobGnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:45 PM   #164
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 30,300

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGnarly View Post
According to a few Twitter accounts he's lost 15/20 lbs this offseason
Great, he has been hanging with Methwolfe! I bet his garage is really clean and he had scabs



I am kidding folks!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:05 AM   #165
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,074
Default

Apparently McShay says Von is the 2nd best prospect he's scouted over the last 5 years.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...ears-nfl-draft
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:48 PM.


Denver Broncos