The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Confident in Walton, or want another?
Walton 35 68.63%
Blake 6 11.76%
Kuper 10 19.61%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #51
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
I just heard an interview with Franklin on the radio. He says that in these walkthroughs right now they have Manny Ramirez stepping in at starting center. I guess that we can add his name to the list of candidates to compete in camp.
That is because we have no healthy players yet, but whatever.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #52
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Hmmmm.... Two thirds like Walton. One third crapping bricks. Sounds like the OM regular customers.....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #53
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdaddy View Post
Pretty much. Both Blake and Walton were healthy when Koppen was signed. Koppen was signed 9/11. Blake hurt his thumb in practice on 9/14, and placed on IR 9/18. Walton hurt ankle 9/30 and placed on IR 10/1.

They got Koppen pretty cheap, and I'm not sure his signing was necessarily indicative of a problem with Blake.
Blake was unimpressive in camp and I think they brought Koppen in because they didn't trust Blake to step up if Walton went down. Very fortunate for us that they did. 1st Blake then Walton both went out , and Koppen was able to step in seamlessly since he had been able to practice for 3 weeks or so, and was an experienced vet.

Although the line seemed to do better with Koppen in, I think it was more the level of competition went down at the same time Walton went to IR, as well as the team finally gelling with the new system in general, and the rust finally getting really knocked off for PM.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote