The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #76
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
At this stage in their careers yes I do.

For the first two years Beadles played soft on the field but last year he showed up with much more strength and better conditioning and drastically improved his game. He's no longer a liability in pass protection and is actually an asset in the run game and finished the year extremely well. He allowed, what like 1 sack all year? His poor play in his first two seasons was more to do with not being in NFL shape rather than deficiencies in his agility, and footwork.

Kuper has had two serious surgeries on his ankle now with the same leg showing a break near the original plate at the end of last season. So it's worrying that the injury didn't heal fully initially and actually recently was reinjured. NOT good for his long term prospects of making the roster, let alone starting.

That's why there's not a chance that Kuper will play at Center where you need excellent feet, and real drive from your legs and base to move 320+ DL out of the way. A guy who shattered his ankle/lower fib the last two years is not going to do that either at C or Guard.
I agree completely about Kuper...but what about Walton? He had the same injury.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #77
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Here I always thought training camps sorted roster spots out. Why is there even a rush about this
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #78
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I do think it's interesting Vasquez is working out at Center. People say "well they're low on players." Yeah they're low on guards too and he's actually going freaking play guard so it would make more sense for him to play guard during the OTA's. I think him at Center would be cool, unless Kuper is still banged up, obviously.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #79
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I do think it's interesting Vasquez is working out at Center. People say "well they're low on players." Yeah they're low on guards too and he's actually going freaking play guard so it would make more sense for him to play guard during the OTA's. I think him at Center would be cool, unless Kuper is still banged up, obviously.
Having Vasquez, Kuper, or Beadles at C is an upgrade over Walton.

an OL of Clady, Beadles, Vasquez, Kuper, Franklin (even legally blind) would be AWESOME!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:39 PM   #80
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Vasquez is probably working out at Center, so he can fill in if Walton goes down...Ramirez would come in at RG.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:24 AM   #81
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I agree completely about Kuper...but what about Walton? He had the same injury.
I'm going by what Fox has said in the press that Walton is the starter and they are not overly concerned about his injury. So maybe the injury wasn't as severe or he looks good to be ready when it matters.

We still have Blake to see if he's ready to step in as the decent backup and worst case scenario they can always resign Koppen.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote